As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX South 2016 Badges

IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
Anyone else already started to lurk here and on twitter on a panicked frenzy everyday? Hahaha
I know that last year the badges didn't go on sale until July, but damn. I don't want to miss out.

uV3Kd9v.png

• Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Well we don't even know when it is yet but yea I would bet on a July release. It should go fast like Prime but I'm hoping for at least 12-24 hours to get all three days

This space for rent
  • Options
    ReikaTrinityReikaTrinity Registered User new member
    I wish I could mark you as agree and awesome Irsool haha, I am lurking here quite frequently.

• Options
    MidanMidan Registered User regular
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! Lol This is the only con we get to go to, and I decided that it is good for us to be social with other game nerds once a year. :) But anyways I bet the only rush for tickets you need to have will be three day passes, those went in about an hour last year, but the individual tickets didn't all sell out until days before the con.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't count on 3-day being an option from now on since Prime this year is all single day passes.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    Midan wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! Lol This is the only con we get to go to, and I decided that it is good for us to be social with other game nerds once a year. :) But anyways I bet the only rush for tickets you need to have will be three day passes, those went in about an hour last year, but the individual tickets didn't all sell out until days before the con.

Yea but this show is going to get more popular next year and the years to come, especially for the locals. Don't be surprised if Saturdays sell out sooner this time around.

This space for rent
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I wouldn't count on 3-day being an option from now on since Prime this year is all single day passes.
    I highly disagree with that sentiment. 3-day badges were originally created way-back-when to help draw people to all three days of PAX by offering a generous bundle discount. Prime removed theirs this year because they definitely don't need a bundle deal to bring in attendees anymore, and East is quickly getting on its way to that point, too.

However, South is very different, being a newborn convention and all. Like it was said above, it took until the last few days for badges to start selling out and Sunday passes were available at the door. So you know what South could use to help bring more people in? A 3-day bundle deal at a generous discount. Same with Aus, which is why I'm predicting that the single-days-only change won't be applied to any other PAX in the near future. East will definitely be the next one if anything, but even so, I think they'll still have 3-day badges for 2016. Nothing has yet to match the egregious demand of Prime.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I hope they don't get rid of 3-day badges just yet. I feel like that's a great way to get people in to the con that's finding its momentum. I'm eager to return to San Antonio for all of South next year.

• Options
    I hope they don't get rid of 3-day badges just yet. I feel like that's a great way to get people in to the con that's finding its momentum. I'm eager to return to San Antonio for all of South next year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they either keep or get rid of the weekend passes. Pax Prime was a four day affair so going to all four days was probably demanding for many attendees. With South it is only three days. But they may make Prime their business model for all Pax's and do away with weekend badges altogether. I think it could go either way.

This space for rent
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    It would be nice if they kept all weekend passes, but given the complaints that come up every year due to them I could fully understand them ditching that pass all together.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    I hope they keep the weekend passes! But if they don't I still hope to snatch up passes for all three days. This is the only con we get to go to without much travel, so I'm hoping I can make it every year.

uV3Kd9v.png
  • Options
    angelicstubbornessangelicstubborness Registered User regular
    How fast do one day badges usually sell out?

• Options
    OpSteelOpSteel neighbor of the village pindiot Fort Worth TEXASRegistered User regular
    Last year there were single day badges for Friday and Sunday available up to the week of if I remember correctly. Saturday badges still took a few months to sell out.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited June 2015
    The only thing you can really use history for with PAX ticket sales is to know they will sell out faster then that. Perhaps this will be of use https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AilPyWyh2FlbdGtjaG1pYjlMWENKaEdxY2dGRU95V1E#gid=0
    Disclaimer, this sheet is not maintained by PA, but by the community.

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    We're definitely not going to see a Prime-esque sellout withing 45 minutes but I think it wouldn't hurt to nab your badges as quickly as you can. With the first one out the gate and positive feedback flowing, I think more people will be inclined to give it a try next year.

I'd say you'd probably have a couple of days to get your badges after they go up. Speaking of which, any guesses as to when they will be posted for sale?

• Options
    angelicstubbornessangelicstubborness Registered User regular
    I'm just hoping they're around for more than a day xD
    I check every day for passes xD Every single day.

• Options
    NorinEclypseNorinEclypse I'm here for the streetpasses Savannah, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm just hoping they're around for more than a day xD
    I check every day for passes xD Every single day.

Register for notifications on twitter, the tickets don't last long.

• Options
    And my paranoid watching continues...

uV3Kd9v.png
  • Options
    Don't they usually switch the "thank you" to "soon" on the main website before they put out tickets or is that just a Prime and East thing?

• Options
    CodextehFishCodextehFish Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Last year they just dropped the tickets and the webpage. I would hope that this year the webpage is updated the week of - as is done for prime and east - but its an unknown at this point. I dont expect the sales to start as early as they did last year though... that being said i know nothing!

Attendee:
    Prime: '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15
    West: '16, '17
    East: '14, '15, '16, '17
    South: '15, '16, '17, '18
  • Options
    Since this would be the second year for South I would hope the dates get updated and stuff beforehand. Still watching PAX Twitter like a hawk though.

Maybe we should start our ticket sale date guess thread? :biggrin:

• Options
    Tickets went on sale a year ago tomorrow. This might be a reach but I wonder if the renovations of the convention center are having an affect on finalizing the dates?

This space for rent
  • Options
    NorinEclypseNorinEclypse I'm here for the streetpasses Savannah, TXRegistered User regular
    Josh5890 wrote: »
    Tickets went on sale a year ago tomorrow. This might be a reach but I wonder if the renovations of the convention center are having an affect on finalizing the dates?

That seems like the popular stipulation around here and on reddit. Until we learn more, just gonna be chillin here though. =P

• Options
    xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    This may be off topic, but I live in SA and was going to get a hotel for that weekend next year. Is there a way to book a room with a discount for the convention or do you just get a room through whatever vendor of choice?

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• Options
    xaldin87 wrote: »
    This may be off topic, but I live in SA and was going to get a hotel for that weekend next year. Is there a way to book a room with a discount for the convention or do you just get a room through whatever vendor of choice?

Lat year, they had a portal set up through the south.paxsite.com website that you could access a number of hotels through and be given a distance to the convention for your reference. As for discounts, I don't believe there is a significant discount for being a part of the convention. The best way to save money is to either drive up (since you live in San Antonio) each day, or to get with friends and split the bill (I did this last year).

• Options
    xaldin87 wrote: »

Lat year, they had a portal set up through the south.paxsite.com website that you could access a number of hotels through and be given a distance to the convention for your reference. As for discounts, I don't believe there is a significant discount for being a part of the convention. The best way to save money is to either drive up (since you live in San Antonio) each day, or to get with friends and split the bill (I did this last year).

I want to get a room and split the bill with friends that live here and some friends I made last year. I dont want to have to pay for parking and fight the traffic everyday. Also, I want to be able to enjoy the pub crawl to its fullest and have a safe haven nearby.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• Options
    For those watching Twitter for info about PAX South, Just a friendly reminder that last year there was literally no news of PAX South on there until an hour before the tickets went on sale. Keep watching! =D

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, that is standard PAX operating procedure :)

• Options
    Hehehe, don't worry I jump every time my phone makes my twitter sound. Every one at work thinks it's hilarious. lol

• Options
    ScitcherScitcher Registered User new member
    Standing by......

• Options
    I have been watching everything PAX related like a hawk today. I feel like the moment I stop watching, the moment it will happen.

• Options
    For those watching Twitter for info about PAX South, Just a friendly reminder that last year there was literally no news of PAX South on there until an hour before the tickets went on sale. Keep watching! =D

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/12/5607624/pax-south-in-san-antonio-announced-for-january-2015

Pax South was announced along with dates at Pax East back in 2014

This space for rent
  • Options
    Pretty much going to rely on their Twitter, but seeing as how the site dates haven't been changed I'm not going too crazy just yet with ticket watching.

• Options
    OpSteelOpSteel neighbor of the village pindiot Fort Worth TEXASRegistered User regular

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/12/5607624/pax-south-in-san-antonio-announced-for-january-2015

That would be the 2015 dates. The next one is 2016. :-)

• Options
    OpSteel wrote: »

That was my point. They announced the 2015 dates a few months before tickets went on sale.

This space for rent
  • Options
    OpSteel wrote: »

That was my point. They announced the 2015 dates a few months before tickets went on sale.

Yes but Zerzhul has said that they usually don't announce the date of the convention too much ahead of the ticket dates. The only way that east knows for next year is because the convention center posted it, not because of Pax telling them though.

• Options
    Also PAX was announcing a new PAX when it announced the first South.

• Options
    CodextehFishCodextehFish Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dates are, generally, updated the week that tickets are going on sale (or the week before). It is certainly an indicator to get your f5 keys ready.

Attendee:
    Prime: '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15
    West: '16, '17
    East: '14, '15, '16, '17
    South: '15, '16, '17, '18
  • Options
    Dates are, generally, updated the week that tickets are going on sale (or the week before). It is certainly an indicator to get your f5 keys ready.

Between amiibos and Pax I'm surprised I still have an F5 key.

This space for rent
  • Options
    pyrofatherpyrofather Registered User regular
    If you look on PAX Twitter the list of cities are Seattle, Boston, Melbourne but it doesn't mention San Antonio or any other city, could this foreshadow a no Pax South?

• Options
    edited July 2015
    pyrofather wrote: »
    If you look on PAX Twitter the list of cities are Seattle, Boston, Melbourne but it doesn't mention San Antonio or any other city, could this foreshadow a no Pax South?
    No. There will be a PAX South 2016, I am certain. Cmon, you were the person who posted http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/196320/pax-south-announced-thru-2017-in-recent-article

zerzhul on