As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Storytime and Concert Lineups!

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
From http://prime.paxsite.com/news/storytime-speaker-and-musical-guests
We are extremely excited to announce that Kim Swift will be kicking off PAX Prime 2015 as our Storytime Speaker. We really try to look for landmark people who have been pivotal to gaming culture to open our event, so you can understand why we are thrilled to have her at Prime this year. Kim is a senior Game Designer at Amazon Game Studios and has been instrumental in the development of major titles such as Portal, Left 4 Dead, Quantum Conundrum, and Soul Fjord. We can’t wait to hear the stories and insight she will share at Prime this year!

Also while Kim will be opening the show, we have some amazing musical guests closing out the nights. 7bit Hero, FreezePop, and MC Frontalot will be bringing down the house first on Saturday, and then Sunday doesn’t let up with Returners, Bit Brigade, and the Protomen bookending the awesomeness.

We are less than 2 months away from greatness people, get hyped!

• Options
    laurentheflutelaurentheflute Leader of The Returners AustinRegistered User regular
    Hi. I'm sitting in a little puddle of nerves and excitement but I figured I would introduce us here because it seemed like a good idea and we're pretty much the new kids in town! Hello. I'm Lauren, leader of The Returners. (I never get tired of saying that.) Nice to meet you!

We play video game music and some other things. We're a rock/metal band, and I play flute and sing, and we have a keyboardist and a guitarist (you might know him from Twitch; he goes by the name LobosJR) and a bassist and a drummer who also sings. We come from Austin, Texas. We were extremely fortunate to be invited to play at PAX South earlier this year, just down the road from our hometown. And we're apparently coming out to Seattle because the lovely PAX folks asked us to come play for you! We've never traveled quite so far from home for a band thing before. We're incredibly honored and also pretty stoked. The PAX crowd was fantastic at South and I hear that Prime is even more fun, which is very hard for me to imagine being possible but I will take everyone's word for it!

If we met you at PAX South, then I am super excited to see you again. If we didn't, I hope we can meet you this time around.

Here are some of the things we do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgAuiQ64lgc
    (Phantom of the Opera, which was the song everybody liked best at South)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow4kU7iTT3w
    (Terran 2 from StarCraft)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rToi2aM06Ig
    (Link to the Past medley)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otrnKRx_Nl4
    (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom medley)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viPMbJuZHS4
    (Dire Dire Docks from Super Mario 64)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0gxcY6tt3Q
    (The Best Is Yet to Come from Metal Gear Solid)

We're looking forward to coming out and putting on our very best show for all of you! PAX South was our very first PAX, and I've never been to Seattle before, so I've been lurking around the forums here trying to get a sense for what to expect. It sounds like ... a lot of people, a LOT of people, but also a really great crowd and more things to see and do than I could possibly imagine. Is that about right?

YAY!

I got self-conscious about having a self-promotional signature. Now I don't have one anymore. HI, I'M LAUREN, I PLAY MUSIC AND VIDEO GAMES
  • Options
    DeathRayGoatDeathRayGoat Registered User regular
    I am both surprised and greatly pleased to see you at Prime. You folks were the the best surprise of South. I just wish we could have bought a disc from you then. Maybe this time?

• Options
    laurentheflutelaurentheflute Leader of The Returners AustinRegistered User regular
    Oh yay! I'm glad this is a good surprise. We were surprised too when they asked us. But in a very good way.

We are planning to smuggle so many CDs in our luggage. I learned my lesson last time! XD So there should (hopefully) be enough this time. We might just bring everything we have because I have no idea what to expect!

I got self-conscious about having a self-promotional signature. Now I don't have one anymore. HI, I'M LAUREN, I PLAY MUSIC AND VIDEO GAMES
  • Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    I usually check out the musical acts on Youtube, so thanks for saving me a step! Looking forward to checking you guys out!

Also, FREEZEPOP!

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    DeathRayGoatDeathRayGoat Registered User regular
    And, apparently, I take great joy out of the word "surprise." This is why I try not to read my old posts. I feel dumb...Synonyms are for suckers.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Holy fuck Freezepop is back!? WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    PROTOMEN FAN TRAIN, AAAAAAAALL ABOOOAAAAAARD!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    I am stoked for this lineup!

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    And, apparently, I take great joy out of the word "surprise." This is why I try not to read my old posts. I feel dumb...Synonyms are for suckers.

Don't feel dumb! Ahh! Sometimes I go nuts worrying about the way I write posts, but really as long as it's genuine and from the heart, that's all that matters. I think it's sweet and it made me happy :)

• Options
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Holy fuck Freezepop is back!? WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    PROTOMEN FAN TRAIN, AAAAAAAALL ABOOOAAAAAARD!

Your spoiler reminds me that we're opening for Protomen. That's not intimidating. No sir. >.>

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    There's enough acts for this PAX that I either haven't seen or haven't seen in a really long time that I might make the concerts a priority. I like the changes in the lineups.

• Options
    couchapotamuscouchapotamus Registered User regular
    Oh man, Freezepop. I missed them at PAX by a year and thought I'd never get to see them, but now they're back! This is going to be awesome.

• Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    The lineup is great, but I'm still sad that Paul and Storm won't be there this year. I saw them at the last Prime and at South and it was pretty much the same show, but... still great. I have to say, though, I think their best performance was the one at Prime 2012. I think that's the one anyway.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    TashannocTashannoc Registered User regular
    If you really want to see Paul and Storm, they are playing Bumbershoot the following weekend.

Has anyone seen anything regarding Acquisitions INC this year? I loved having it on Saturday night last year, but since they've scheduled concerts i doubt that is going to happen again. Maybe Friday night? Maybe Monday afternoon (mirroring the Sunday afternoon slot at PAX East)?

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Protomen on Sunday? I hope I can make it!

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    It seems Friday evening is open, so I'd put money on that being Acq. Inc.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Sooooo happy to finally see Freezepop again!
    Also The Returners! I know most of them from other bands I've seen at MAGFest but I'm excited to see this group play for the first time. You guys are all in for a treat this year!
    Tashannoc wrote: »
    If you really want to see Paul and Storm, they are playing Bumbershoot the following weekend.

Whoa seriously? That's a bit surprising. Sounds like I might have to come back to the city and see them, thanks for the info!

NSw0gum.png