As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Podcasts] Embrace your inner Minkus

1939495969799»

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I joined (and later ran) the anime/comics club at my school so my rebellious phase was ensuring my parents I would never get laid.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I always used to wear black jeans and a shirt with something printed on it.

Now I pretty much dress the same except blue jeans and pocket shirts.

(In middle school I wore button up flannels over my tees though.)

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I wore polo or dress shirts and khaki pants throughout high school
    To the point where a few of the skater punk kids started dressing the same way and calling it "Grahamcore" to make fun of me
    That's pretty Grahamcore bro

CYpGAPn.png
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    my all-black phase was less about rebellion and more about dressing the way my domineering girlfriend wanted me to dress

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    God I hated high school

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I once dated a girl and she got annoyed because I liked rock music and I didn't dress like a rocker

I was in drama club through High School and didn't smoke or drink or anything and got suspended for 3 months my senior year because my friends smoked pot in the backseat 2 years prior and left a bud wedged in the armrest which the dogs smelled.

When I called my parents and told them the dogs found pot in my car my dad asked whose pot it was because it couldn't have been mine.

So yeah

Pretty hardcore rebel here

CYpGAPn.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i wore a school uniform in high school and was moderately tolerated by most.

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    the most rebellious thing I did in high school was take a tv cart and hide it in one of the band practice rooms with a super nintendo hooked up to it

or I guess there was the time my friends and I were told that we had to stop walking through the woods behind the school to go to the convenience store before band practice

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I just didn't...like to do my homework. One of the people gunning for valedictorian cornered me in sophomore year and was like "WHAT CLASSES ARE YOU TAKING ARE YOU COMPETITION" and I was like "well, I already tried to get out of honors english but they forced me back in which should tell you about, like, where my priorities are, here."

seriously though, I was so annoyed with analyzing shit in middle school english that when I got to high school I was like "fuck it, I'm gonna hang with the regular classes" and then halfway through the first semester they pulled me aside and asked me what the fuck I was doing and then dropped me in honors english right in the middle of great expectations, the bastards

anyways I spend 90% of my time on the internet analyzing and talking about stories so good call on what your brain actually likes, teenage geebs

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Jealous of all you folks with a proper education.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    As someone who just finished babby college

I am honestly surprised I finished

Now, to find a job...

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I never had a weird rebellious phase in high school, like, the closest I came to doing something out of character was joining the cross country team

this is weirdly reminiscent of my own high school life
    eerily familiar even

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    i also used to drink alcohol and smoke pot a lot until i got real bored of both.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    When I was 17 my parents tried to get me a fake ID, but they could not find someone that had those connections

6F32U1X.png
    edited July 2015
    Mr. G wrote: »
    When I was 17 my parents tried to get me a fake ID, but they could not find someone that had those connections
    I'm like 90% sure my dad had connections with organized crime

He used to tell me about all sorts of scams and shit he would pull with his friends and then at his wake a dude I never met before told me my dad was a great man and if I ever had trouble with anyone I should give him a call and he would take care of it

My mom told me to absolutely not do that

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

He used to tell me about all sorts of scams and shit he would pull with his friends and then at his wake a dude I never met before told me my dad was a great man and if I ever had trouble with anyone I should give him a call and he would take care of it

I mean your name is Zack Corleone

Grey Ghost wrote: »

I mean your name is Zack Corleone
    tumblr_nisxx4lcZD1sqxbapo2_500.png

CYpGAPn.png

Did you tell her to fuhgeddabout it?

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    i never had a rebellious phase

my sister got all those genes

i just sat at home playing video games and being way repressed

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This sort of thing skips a generation

Cause my parents were super rebellious, my dad got expelled from the same high school, the high school I would later attend, like 3 times and my grandma just kept berating the staff until they let him back in and they are both covered in tattoos and each have like 6 ear piercings

So as what I assume to be a direct result, I am super boring and have never have a drop of alcohol or a single drug harder than generic ibuprofen in my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GfgnBEZsj4
    Basically, this sketch

6F32U1X.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I like both the anime and the disney but there should be a better balance

PNk1Ml4.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Balance? Why not mix it up? Disney franchises in anime form. Anime by way of Disney.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    va4vazcuta9g.jpg

No I don't.
    Nnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooo

CYpGAPn.png
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    How much anime is too much anime?

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    South.Park.full.701688.jpg

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Any of it. Disney is now ruined forever and ever and ever.

No I don't.
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    wait are we not posting anime versions of other things

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    edited July 2015
    I was posting a dark vision of the future.

A warning for all to heed.

This isn't what will happen, only what could if we do not listen, and change.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I... I was joking...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    What. Stop this madness, podcast thread.

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Listen

Donald, Goofy and Mickey are already dressed in Nomura clothes for KH

Nomura clothing is so much more anime than anything in that fanart, just by default

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2015
    where's gadget

DJ Eebs on
    where's gadget

Damn you!

3rg37kr3m732.png

Damn you all to hell!!

No I don't.
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    whoever drew that has no idea who Magnum PI is.

or, i have no idea what they're referencing.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    dale had that shirt in rescue rangers

which was probably a magnum pi reference originally but not so much for that drawing

dale had that shirt in rescue rangers

which was probably a magnum pi reference originally but not so much for that drawing

Dale was explicitly based on Magnum PI, Chip was based on Indiana Jones

This discussion has been closed.