As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Our furry companions (nsf56k)

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Why is that showing me being quoted posting that big dag?

Anyway, here's a feathery friend I met today:
    fft7zq0r5czg.jpg

Her name is Sora. She's my castle's new falcon!

The curve of her beak and feather patterns on her head make her look very worried about something.

Also I love the phrase "She's my castle's new falcon!"

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Nah we don't know. She didn't eat anything weird (that we know of) yesterday and the last thing she had was a treat around 9pm, then threw up around 730am today. It looked like it was mostly bile.

The third time she threw up was after we got back from the park. That was bile and grass. She didn't have to go up and vomit on the bed, but she did anyway!

She was acting fine today and was running around with dogs in the park for a while (both before and after the third puking), so I think she just had an upset tummy.

Hey hey this is not at all in order to freak you out or anything but be sure that it's not ehrlichia or anything - she hasn't gotten any ticks at all, right? Just given your area of residence and the fact that my poor puppers got it and it made him vomit regularly for like a week, I'm super paranoid. In his case he got it from a tick bite even though he was on tick medicine, and it made him sick for a week, but they track his white blood cell count now once a year just to make sure there aren't lasting side effects. Vomiting is most common but it can apparently also cause seizures and death. :(:(

MY PUPPY IS GOING TO DIE?!

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    LANNER FALCON! HELLO BIRDIE!

• cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    cr0w wrote: »
    Ignore him. It sounds harsh, but if he wants attention bad enough, he'll come get it. If he cries at the door, you have to ignore him. Invest in earplugs. You can't reward that behavior, or he'll learn how to get what he wants by meowing.

Yeah, picked up some earplugs earlier today. Also bought him some toys he can interact with by himself like catnip balls and plastic balls with a fake mouse inside.

Hopefully he'll entertain himself at night and leave us be at bedtime. Also read that trying to tire him out before bed is a good way to give him attention without feeling him left starved.

Definitely play before bed to tucker him out. One good thing is a motorized light toy, those will keep him occupied.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Ignore him. It sounds harsh, but if he wants attention bad enough, he'll come get it. If he cries at the door, you have to ignore him. Invest in earplugs. You can't reward that behavior, or he'll learn how to get what he wants by meowing.

Yeah, picked up some earplugs earlier today. Also bought him some toys he can interact with by himself like catnip balls and plastic balls with a fake mouse inside.

Hopefully he'll entertain himself at night and leave us be at bedtime. Also read that trying to tire him out before bed is a good way to give him attention without feeling him left starved.

Definitely play before bed to tucker him out. One good thing is a motorized light toy, those will keep him occupied.

or chasing and mauling peasants

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Why is that showing me being quoted posting that big dag?

Anyway, here's a feathery friend I met today:
    fft7zq0r5czg.jpg

Her name is Sora. She's my castle's new falcon!

The curve of her beak and feather patterns on her head make her look very worried about something.

Also I love the phrase "She's my castle's new falcon!"

Out of the many perks of working at a castle, the best are saying sentences that include the phrase "my castle's X" or "I'll be at the castle".

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    How is your castle's X?

• JeixJeix Registered User regular
    I like to take pictures of my cat when he is yawning or sticking out his tongue.

3urfMo0.jpg?1

h6w0Boo.jpg?1

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    My cat's newest favorite trick is to slip under my desk when I'm not paying attention, sit on the subwoofer and bite my knee.

My new favorite way of sitting at my desk is with my legs at a 90 degree angle from my torso.

Cats. Such loving jerks.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    My husband and I made the mistake of looking at kittens during an adoption event at PetSmart. One of the kittens grabbed me through the cage and wouldn't let go, meowing his little head off so adorably. And once I had been smitten, my husband insisted that we couldn't just leave his adorable little sister alone. Now these two are running around our house.

epb16Vy.png

The tortoiseshell is Shae, and her brother is ZonZon.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    My wife and I are trying to resist the urge to adopt a kitten!

This thread is not helping!

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    We were at a petsmart and got talked into fostering one whose foster mum was moving. And she turned out to be a super cool cat so we just kept her! Do ittt.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    If you adopt a kitten you can tickle its little kitten belly

Speed Racer on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

Resist the urge! Adopt a dog!
    1002254_352740641521682_317160021_n.jpg?oh=9117159d039c55eea9db7c2b730bad15&oe=5623FEBE

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Housesitting my brother's Chocolate Lab, Lexi. Cool. I can dig it. Been doing it on and off for years.

Few months ago they get a new puppy, Koda. Ok, he's a rascal but they still crate him at night so house sitting isn't that bad, just got to make sure he doesn't chew on things he shouldn't.

Last week they got a third chocolate lab, 4~ years old for free from a military family moving. Daisy. She's a bit freaked out at the new environment, and isn't used to eating dog food after getting fat off getting human food hand outs.

I house sat a few days ago: I'm here now please stop jumping at me I only have two arms to pet the three of you. Yes Lexi I'll throw this toy for you to fetch. Ok stop being depressed that Koda always catches it before you. Daisy please stop staring at my panda express you're not getting any. Koda I'm trying to watch my animes please stop chewing on my arm. Daisy stop howling you're new to the house you have to sleep in the crate. Fine Daisy I know you were lonely last night so I'll leave the bathroom door open while I shower. Why is there toilet paper trailing out the bathroom all the way to the kitchen Koda please stop eating toilet paper.

Three dogs is too many dogs

What's that? You're considering breeding in a few years? I'm leaving the state.

edit- no one really cares about stories this thread is about adorable pets
    Lexi and Koda
    RiIWxcg.jpg
    PDiSlta.jpg

Daisy
    ZE5dMS3.jpg

Koda sitting on Lexi's head.
    hzrbLJd.jpg

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Housesitting my brother's Chocolate Lab, Lexi. Cool. I can dig it. Been doing it on and off for years.

Few months ago they get a new puppy, Koda. Ok, he's a rascal but they still crate him at night so house sitting isn't that bad, just got to make sure he doesn't chew on things he shouldn't.

Last week they got a third chocolate lab, 4~ years old for free from a military family moving. Daisy. She's a bit freaked out at the new environment, and isn't used to eating dog food after getting fat off getting human food hand outs.

I house sat a few days ago: I'm here now please stop jumping at me I only have two arms to pet the three of you. Yes Lexi I'll throw this toy for you to fetch. Ok stop being depressed that Koda always catches it before you. Daisy please stop staring at my panda express you're not getting any. Koda I'm trying to watch my animes please stop chewing on my arm. Daisy stop howling you're new to the house you have to sleep in the crate. Fine Daisy I know you were lonely last night so I'll leave the bathroom door open while I shower. Why is there toilet paper trailing out the bathroom all the way to the kitchen Koda please stop eating toilet paper.

My cousin adopted a pitt mix with psoriasis and diabetes named Koda. He only grew fur on like a third of his body and his body didn't grow to normal size, so he had huge puppy feet his whole life. He only made it to 4, but he was a super awesome dog.

I know, totally off topic (kind of) but it just reminded me of that dog.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Resist the urge! Adopt a dog!
    1002254_352740641521682_317160021_n.jpg?oh=9117159d039c55eea9db7c2b730bad15&oe=5623FEBE

I agreed to her terms, kitten first, then dog

And I refuse to get a dog without having a space large enough, looking to rent a house after this apartment lease is up in September.

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »

My cousin adopted a pitt mix with psoriasis and diabetes named Koda. He only grew fur on like a third of his body and his body didn't grow to normal size, so he had huge puppy feet his whole life. He only made it to 4, but he was a super awesome dog.

I know, totally off topic (kind of) but it just reminded me of that dog.

Was this Koda also named after the amazing blockbuster Disney animation Brother Bear?

jCyyTSo.png
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular

The Boyfriend was anti-cat when we met and I found it was because they had a monster of a cat when he was a really little kid. Through our relationship he has learned that there are snuggly cats as well as crazy cats. (Sometimes they are the same cat.) What he likes about dogs so much is the snuggling and companionship and he just assumed you could never get that from a cat.

We were at a Petco a couple weeks ago and this beautiful ginger cat was chilling out looking to be adopted. He tentatively stuck his fingers in the window after watching it snuggle all up against my hand. The cat licked his finger before rubbing all over his hand.

The look of utter devastation and want was probably the cutest look I have ever seen on my boyfriend's face. He would have gone back and adopted that cat if someone else hadn't already claimed it.

• ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Pictures of furry friends, I can do this.

My 7 year old adopted chow/something mix, Smokey.

b032peF.jpg

Smokey exploring the great outdoors near a local reservoir.

GABeOD8.jpg

Smokey doing what he loves to do best, lounge around at the top of the staircase.

h97bRh7.jpg

Bonus picture one - my wife's friend's sister's mini red merle aussie - Luna. Beautiful dog.

oelwzKm.jpg

Bonus picture two - my friend's two Shibas, Bear and Fuji. (I heard you like doges?)

RrkLjpW.jpg

edit: not Akitas!

Constrictor on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Smokey is soooo cuuuute

Those eyes!

Luna on the other hand is adorable but looks like she's seen some shit.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure those are Shibas, not Akitas

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    The left could be like a runt Akita, not very fluffy fur. My husky is like that, super sleek instead of fluffed up like his sister.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Yeah, no way those are Akitas. Much bigger, different head structure, plus you wouldn't put two Akitas in a small space together like that.

• VegemyteVegemyte Registered User regular
    It appears I no longer own a corgi but a big brown jelly bean.

x2yfJjV.jpg

• ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Yes, I misspoke. They are Shibas.

Sev, what are you doing?

WAPXmhY.jpg

No, no Sev, stop it.
    L7osTs4.jpg

Dammit, Sev.
    GeagcCL.jpg

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Vegemyte wrote: »
    It appears I no longer own a corgi but a big brown jelly bean.

I always forget how big corgi bodies are. Their little legs are deceiving!

• calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    @Vegemyte Corgi with a tail corgi with a tail corgi with a taaaaaaaaaaaail

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    PA Jamie wrote: »
    @Vegemyte Corgi with a tail corgi with a tail corgi with a taaaaaaaaaaaail

how do you feel about half-corgs with big old fuzzy tails?

2EbMJcz.jpg

The kitten is very cute, and was quite calm on the ride home

Now it is a paranoid sneak thief

I can only hope the two times I've managed to place him in the litter box it recalls where it is when it has to go

Sadly during his gallivanting around he has struck his head numerous times on the chair frames

Pictures will be up soon

Wade sleeps in the laundry from time to time.

ug5QKCJ.jpg

He also super hates some commercials
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH6yg0WthMA

He has begun to do this with the Parks and Rec theme as well. And Mr. Bag. And Flo from Progressive.

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    PA Jamie wrote: »
    Vegemyte Corgi with a tail corgi with a tail corgi with a taaaaaaaaaaaail

and and and his name is BIGGIE SMALLS

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @Docshifty How old is your puppy oh my god I'm dying of cute

Also Haechi hates dancing

He's basically John Lithgow's character from Footloose

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    @Docshifty How old is your puppy oh my god I'm dying of cute

Also Haechi hates dancing

He's basically John Lithgow's character from Footloose
    They're 9 months now. They were so tiny when we first got them

cY2XQkH.jpg

The new house doesn't have central air, just a few window ACs. The dogs get super hot and end up sleeping in front of it.
    Z2KFuz0.jpg
    E9f8kr4.jpg

Sev still likes to sleep under the coffee table
    lrOY4Ji.jpg

And then, three seconds later she fell.

Z6H6KGG.jpg

i died and am now dead.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    i died and am now dead.

No worries, Sev will smile you back to life.

10686709_968193319867091_1212176212749828852_n.jpg?oh=51c3d0633263a6c6d7484523fba766f4&oe=55A7A49A

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Zev saved Lost Salient, but killed me.

It's an endless cycle.

edited July 2015
    chromdom wrote: »
    Zev saved Lost Salient, but killed me.

It's an endless cycle.

11164573_1010024729017283_3483576437866115726_n.jpg?oh=9b8e2b4837f0752ab50fe5d6cd16d48f&oe=56112D95

"Please wake up, it's so lonely here."

Docshifty on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    So we have two dogs now....

15xs7cn.jpg
    This is Kuma. He's 12 now. He''s the oldest of old men when he wants something, and he's the youngest of puppy's when he chooses;.

2pzy79k.jpg
    This is Zoe. She is allllmost 2 kind of ish in a few months. She keeps Kuma Young.

Though sometimes.

sometimes.

Kuma rubs off on her

2jg6x48.jpg

This discussion has been closed.