As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, July 10, 2015 - Unmatched

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, July 10, 2015 - Unmatched

Unmatched

Unmatched

http://campcomic.com/comic/225

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• TheGlassHammerTheGlassHammer Registered User regular
    One of the hardest kitties yet. I really hope he doesn't burn down the stage.

• ajax1515ajax1515 Registered User regular
    I never noticed Malachi has a scar on his left ear. Do we know what that's from?

• Lazy MartyrLazy Martyr Registered User new member
    Purdy made the notch in Malachi's ear, three strips ago.

• Mr Fish 86Mr Fish 86 Registered User regular
    @AJAX1515

that scar is from 3 comics ago, in the "Talentless" strip. Purdy was demonstrating her knife throwing skills, and accidentally nicked Malachai's ear.

• Detroit_KeithDetroit_Keith Registered User new member
    He got the scar from a few strips ago. I don't want to flat out tell you which one, but it was during this story arc. Go search it out!

• TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    I really hope Malachi doesn't burn down the stage...

Don't do it, Katie!

• GreathouseGreathouse That's my name AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Where is that cat?

• ShamrockSeraphShamrockSeraph Registered User regular
    Greathouse wrote: »
    Where is that cat?
    4th Panel, right side.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Malachi really doesn't have a great track record with fire (see his birthday). If he goes through with it, he's going to find another talent he lacks.

He needs to show off his jumping skills! Seriously, he was jumping all over the place.

Or maybe it'll end up like the Grinch.
    I took away their stage and yet the show goes on!
    And Malachi's heart grew three sizes that day.

• Katie C.Katie C. Registered User new member
    Kitty's a sneaky one this time.

• Mr Fish 86Mr Fish 86 Registered User regular
    I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but... Katie, I absolutely love your color pallet for all of the night scenes! I always have trouble when I'm trying to recreate a pre-existing set of colors in a different time of day/ lighting. You have this night time color nailed down! Are there any strips shown at dusk or dawn that have different colors? I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'd love to see them now that I'm thinking about this!

• SynDuoSynDuo John A. Galvan Somewhere over a rainbowRegistered User regular
    TrueLink wrote: »

Don't do it, Katie!

Haha, Awww Why not? I really hope Malachi does it, for the sake of story telling. I am really in love with how Katie writes her comic and it keeps me coming back every week since it began. It would be interesting to see what happens. :D

• physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    The unsung greatness of this comic series is the puntastic titles. They are delightful!

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7043-7606
    Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    SynDuo wrote: »

Don't do it, Katie!

Haha, Awww Why not? I really hope Malachi does it, for the sake of story telling. I am really in love with how Katie writes her comic and it keeps me coming back every week since it began. It would be interesting to see what happens. :D

Somebody just needs to pop in and remind Malachi that since he set up the talent show, it's only logical that he should be the judge of the talent show.
    And by being in a position to decide who's got the best talent, he sets himself above all the entrants.

And, obviously, as Judge he can't compete in the show. Conflict of interest and all that.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    My favorite thing about this particular strip is Malachi's "shuff." :D

• TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    SynDuo wrote: »

Don't do it, Katie!

Haha, Awww Why not?

Because arranging this talent show and judiciously determining that everyone may be better than him at something is the best thing Malachi has done.

Also, I would be sad. You don't want me to be sad, do you?

TrueLink on
  • KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    Mr Fish 86 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but... Katie, I absolutely love your color pallet for all of the night scenes! I always have trouble when I'm trying to recreate a pre-existing set of colors in a different time of day/ lighting. You have this night time color nailed down! Are there any strips shown at dusk or dawn that have different colors? I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'd love to see them now that I'm thinking about this!

Thank you, I'm glad you like the colors! I always look forward to nighttime comics, because I like using the simplified palette and seeing all the kids in weird shades of grey-pink and purples.

Aside from the bunch of day time palettes and the nighttime palette, I think the only other specific colors I have are for when kids are by a fire at night, like this one, http://www.campcomic.com/comic/gwen-and-liesel.

In the comic "Playing Possum" there are dusk colors, but they were made by messing with the original background colors in photoshop, rather than having having a thought out color scheme to indicate the time of day. That would be really cool though- to have specific morning colors and dusk colors. I should work on that! Anyhow thanks again, colors give me trouble sometimes so it's nice to hear when someone notices or likes them. :]

• FibFib Registered User new member
    Oh man. The feels are incoming. Soon my man Malachi realizes his talent was organizing the show and giving everyone their moment of hope and happiness. THE FEELS!!!

• DreamingDemonDreamingDemon Registered User regular
    I really dislike Malachi. I love Weedonwantcha, and most of the other characters, but I just can't identify with his relentlessly self-centered behavior. I never liked movies like Dumb & Dumber or Water Boy either, because I don't laugh at stupidity... it makes me cringe. Every time I think Malachi is going to grow up some and learn a lesson from one of his failures he pulls a politician and takes credit for what everyone else did, or pretends that his failure was a success.

I love everything else though. The characters, the situations, the relentless childhood cheer in the face of overwhelmingly depressing back-stories... it's awesome. I still enjoy the comic a lot, but my least favorite comics are when Malachi is at his most blind.

• lakkettlakkett Registered User new member
    I think the kid in panel 2 is the one that was suspiciously burying something all the way back in this comic:

http://campcomic.com/comic/27

And now he's juggling...knives...hmm....

So, what are we thinking? The resident serial killer?

• cubbylostboycubbylostboy Registered User regular
    You have to wonder if Malachi realizes he's gotta be one of the most popular kids at camp at the moment. He's probably got more kids excited at the same time since the time there were TWO potatoes for mashing at one time.

• NnelgNnelg Registered User new member
    I bet you he spots someone better at firemaking than him...

• Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    It would make a sad if he would really burn the stage down. I understand the emotion, I just hope he is bigger then that.

I guess I will know in a few days :)

• LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    Yeah seriously, he can be the events coordinator for the camp and be so popular! Don't do it Malachi!

• grenligrenli Registered User new member
    He had a juggling partner. Once.

• MustacheHamMustacheHam Registered User regular
    woah, let's hope this kid finds something...to prevent an unnecessary ash pile.
    well...it could be parkour, promotional skillz, or something else...