As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[U.S. Election 2016] Some, I assume, are good people. [OP!]

jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovelsRegistered User regular
Fresno-State-polling-place.jpg

Welcome to the fourth U.S. Election Thread, 2016 edition!

It's that time of the year again! That's right, with less than a year and a half to go we've oh god.... oh god this election is exhausting already.

We've got, like, Hillary and Bernie Sanders on the left-wing side (and a few others I think?), and on the right-wing side we have enough candidates to field a major sports team of almost any variety. This election is occurring on the heels of one of the most polarizing figures in modern politics, sitting President Barack Obama. Whatever side you fall on, I find it difficult for anyone to claim it's been a boring ride. This will be an administration that will be studied for many decades to come.

Now, to remind everyone of what's expected and accepted here:

No nicknames for politicians, punishable by infractions. We don't need to look up through the thread to determine what in-house joke we used to call a certain politico what. We had people post a Gawker article where they referred to Trump as a "delusional cheese creature", which is fine as long as Donald Trump is not referred to that outside of that little quote tree as such. It's also pretty damn funny, but I digress.

Mods have shown little restraint when it comes to locking potentially incendiary threads, and politics falls into that category. Try to keep things on subject, keep things as civil as possible. Tempers might flare here and there, but if cooler heads quickly prevail we should be okay.

Mods have also shown little remorse in shutting down a thread that has veered off-topic into lolpublican echo chamber shenanigans. Try to keep discussions as related to the election as possible. YES Penny Arcade is a very liberal forum, but this forum has come to expect its members to act with a bit of decorum and maturity. Please keep these things in mind if you see one of our (very) few conservative posters joining the discussion. They are good people, too.

Arguing in good faith, empathy, and an open mind will go a long way to making sure people actually get something of these discussions. Again, with our conservative minority of posters here, it can often feel like dog piling if everyone gets their swing in on one of their comments. Consider if what you're saying adds to the discussion or is simply co-signing another posters words. We have LIKE and AWESOME buttons for these.

Let's keep it clean, people.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    did this thread already talk about all the stuff trump was saying back in 1999 making the rounds again? I've seen that pop up on a couple news sites

ho ho ho

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    I thought we got told to take a break when old thread hit 100 pages?

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I think so. A D&D mod can reopen if I'm wrong.

geth, close the thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.