As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] isn't wrestling except when its Mr. Wrestling

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    samizayn.img

I assume that drum set in the back was either used for an impromptu Sami Zayn and the Zayniacs performance or for Kevin Owens to beat Sami with. Either works.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    exist wrote: »
    That itami fig looks pretty good but man wrestling figures are so god damn ugly. has there ever been like a revoltech john cena?

There's a Figma wrestler.

And these two. I guess.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Oh my god

SummerSlam 2001

Angle vs. Austin

I've never seen such a great match with such a shit finish, holy fuck

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Guys I spent a large part of a dinner telling a girl the ongoing post-breakup saga of the Shield
    And... I think that got her to make out with me?

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Guys I spent a large part of a dinner telling a girl the ongoing post-breakup saga of the Shield
    gg and some chick sitting in a tree

SIERRA
    HOTEL
    INDIA
    ECHO
    LIMA
    DELTA

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    So that ambrose video led me to this video ,the big e dude is strong as fuck but why is Roman reigns called leakes ??https://youtu.be/1Zgtdb7jp60

• Options
    edited July 2015
    his fcw name was leakee

le ah key

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    FCW being Florida Championship Wrestling, the developmental setup they had before NXT.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    EFF SEE DUB

EFF SEE DUB

EFF SEE DUB

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    exist wrote: »
    That itami fig looks pretty good but man wrestling figures are so god damn ugly. has there ever been like a revoltech john cena?

as bad as the 90's female X-men Figs.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Oh my god

SummerSlam 2001

Angle vs. Austin

I just watched Benoit/Angle from Judgement Day 2001 and felt the same way!

• Options
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

That article really should have focused more on what a psychopath Wacholz was, per Wikipedia
    However, Wacholz was released from his WWF contract in December 1992, after he allegedly attacked Vince McMahon in his office over a financial dispute, while John Nord watched the door. Bret Hart recalled in his autobiography that Wacholz "cornered Vince in his office and screamed at him for fifteen minutes". Hart claims he was just down the hall from the office when he heard a loud crash, which was Wacholz "knocking Vince over in his chair, choking him violently". The incident led to a series of lawsuits between Wacholz and the WWF. Wacholz alleged McMahon had given him steroids on a number of occasions; McMahon denied the claim. Wacholz then filed a wrongful termination lawsuit. The WWF filed a counterclaim against Wacholz, but both suits were later dropped. In 1994, Wacholz testified against McMahon during his trial on charges of supplying steroids to WWF wrestlers. He claimed McMahon had told him to take steroids. According to the 2003 book WrestleCrap, his testimony included the comment "I hate Vince McMahon's guts."

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I got my girlfriend to watch some of Wrestlemania back when we had only been dating for a month or so and now she has 5 wrestling t-shirts and very seriously wants me to buy her a Roman Reigns standee for her birthday.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    We noted back in late June that WWE Hall of Famer Bruno Sammartino, who turns 80 in October, underwent back surgery after being hospitalized for a few weeks.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Bruno started feeling unsteady some on his legs while in San Jose for WrestleMania 31 this year. Bruno was walking in his home just over a month ago and his legs gave out, causing him to fall. Bruno got up but that week one leg ended up being swollen twice the size of the other leg. Bruno went to doctors and had several tests done but doctors wanted to operate on the leg. However, top WWE doctor Joseph Maroon, who has been a personal friend and physician of Bruno's for years, wouldn't let the other doctors operate on the leg because he found that the damage was in Bruno's back.

Bruno was in and out of the hospital for a month before getting the "delicate back operation" from Maroon. Bruno has been out of the hospital for over a week and is said to be doing really well. Bruno is not using pain medication but it was noted that he's not in too much pain. Bruno still walks with a walker and has been increasing the distance each day. He hopes to be walking on his own soon.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Oh my god

SummerSlam 2001

Angle vs. Austin

It is the number one wrestle logic blackhole. No title change on a DQ, so why bother wrestling if you are the heel holder of the title? Just low blow and walk out of there.

Frankly it's basically the Invasion angle in microcosm - amazing match terrible finish.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Oh my god

SummerSlam 2001

Angle vs. Austin

It is the number one wrestle logic blackhole. No title change on a DQ, so why bother wrestling if you are the heel holder of the title? Just low blow and walk out of there.

That's how you end up in a no DQ match

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    yeah there are plenty of outs for that--Steel Cage/Hell In A Cell/No DQ/etc.

then obviously authority figures have the ability to strip people of titles, so in kayfabe logic, you have to at least give it a shot, or else you risk losing your belt

• Options
    AIW presents a loaded show tonight at the Ohio City Masonic Arts Center in Cleveland, Ohio. The main event is an interesting one, as it features talent from NXT, TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground and NJPW as Team AIW (The Young Bucks, Johnny Gargano, Josh Prohibition & Alex Daniels) battle the Dudes on TV (Samoa Joe, EC3, DJ Z, Raymond Rowe & Matt Cross) in a five-on-five Cleveland street fight. Vader will also be appearing at the show.

Damn that sounds like a cool show.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

being stupidly handsome probably helps, bro

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Rey/Myzteziz main eventing Triplemania Aug 9

Also Serena Deeb had her retirement match today, and Japan sent her out the way she deserved: in style

3dYdIt6.jpg

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

being stupidly handsome probably helps, bro

No I'm pretty sure it was my passionate description of Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose triple powerbombing Randy Orton through the announce table

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    yeah yeah yeah

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    AIW presents a loaded show tonight at the Ohio City Masonic Arts Center in Cleveland, Ohio. The main event is an interesting one, as it features talent from NXT, TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground and NJPW as Team AIW (The Young Bucks, Johnny Gargano, Josh Prohibition & Alex Daniels) battle the Dudes on TV (Samoa Joe, EC3, DJ Z, Raymond Rowe & Matt Cross) in a five-on-five Cleveland street fight. Vader will also be appearing at the show.

They're burying the lede here

in that Tim Donst comes back to fight Nick F'n Gage on this show

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Becky Lynch's entrance should include her rolling in the side entrance in a biplane

• Options
    Rey/Myzteziz main eventing Triplemania Aug 9

Also Serena Deeb had her retirement match today, and Japan sent her out the way she deserved: in style

3dYdIt6.jpg
    damn i can't believe that she exploded and coated the ring in yellow guts

was she an insect person

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

i....no i can't justify spending ten dollars on that

or can i

i can't

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options

or can i

i can't
    or can you

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

They're burying the lede here

in that Tim Donst comes back to fight Nick F'n Gage on this show

The ultimate test of how good a worker Donst is, can he carry Gage?

I'm joking, nobody can carry Gage.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    From yesterday's GFW event
    Young ran down Global Force Wrestling and said he wanted Jeff Jarrett because he took a Title that belongs in TNA when he won the King Of The Mountain. Jarrett came out and said that he offered Young a match and Eric declined, so it’s time for him to leave. As Jarrett was thanking the crowd, Young attacked him and took the KOTM Title belt with him.

Wow it's just like the initial NWO invasion. Except without, you know, anyone caring.

• Options

or can i

i can't

Do it, it could be worse

It could be $11

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Why do people still post shit about it just to say who cares?

Why not instead stop posting that shit?

Just my 2 cents.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

Just my 2 cents.
    I mean, I like hearing about the stupid decisions TNA makes, myself

doesn't mean I "care"

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »

Just my 2 cents.
    I mean, I like hearing about the stupid decisions TNA makes, myself

doesn't mean I "care"

Yeah that's what I was going for. I mean, someone here might care?

• Options
    Yeah, good or bad, this is still the wrestling thread, not the WWE-only thread

• Options
    But seriously who in their right mind thinks Jeff Jarrett vs Eric Young is a money feud?

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    But seriously who in their right mind thinks Jeff Jarrett vs Eric Young is a money feud?

Jeff Jarrett, but that's for an awfully liberal definition of the term, "right mind."

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Dammit Brock Lesnar is going to be in Atlanta on Monday and I won't be there to see it.

But at least I've got Lawton, OK in two weeks and I get to meet Blank so yay.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
This discussion has been closed.