As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Megagame] Stand Still Stay Silent - Game Ends

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Other countries of the world, please take note of Russia's unprovoked declaration of war on South Africa.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Are proboards allowed? If yes, should we add you and/or your co-hosts?

Certainly, and it'd be appreciated. There are currently no rules that restrict any form of communication.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Except, presumably, secret messages in forum posts

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Other countries of the world, please take note of Russia's unprovoked declaration of war on South Africa.

Geth....

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Except, presumably, secret messages in forum posts

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The panther has bought the cigarettes

Solar wrote: »
    The panther has bought the cigarettes

The spouse has taken out a life insurance policy.

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    the hens are in madagascar

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    The kiełbasa is in the bun, I repeat, the kiełbasa is in the bun

Phyphor wrote: »
    The kiełbasa is in the bun, I repeat, the kiełbasa is in the bun

say no more! Nudge nudge wink wink

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Due to the crisis ravaging Spain, the UK government is ready to support the Spanish to uts best ability.
    However we wish to call on all interested countries to donate money, research and medical aid to this effort.
    Due to our geographic location, we are well suited as a base camp for all humanitarian efforts and will gladly receive all help towards forwarding this cause.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Vote!

• hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    When proposing an alliance with an NPC country, do gifts such as funding/troops/open borders affect the chances of the alliance roll? If it doesn't, can it?

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    When proposing an alliance with an NPC country, do gifts such as funding/troops/open borders affect the chances of the alliance roll? If it doesn't, can it?

Anything thrown into the pot may affect the roll - Though if you promise something and don't deliver I doubt the results will be positive.

Right - I'm hitting bed now. Any urgent questions will be answered in around 8 hours - I'd encourage players to not do absolutely everything in private PM's so forumers who are watching can see things develop!

I told Hjorvarthr that Egypt likes big ships and we cannot lie.

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Something something Suez Canal something I BET YOU DO

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I, the esteemed President of the South Africa, Buckets Q. Man, would like the world to know that we are going to dedicate ourselves to the salvation of all nations. Also we love you USA and Brazil, if you guys need a solid hit me up.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Question: can we research dependent techs? Eg, research both cause and antivirals in one day?

Answer: Yes, this is allowed.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    240px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

We gave you guys a Pope. This is not what we expected in return, guys.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    aww, i tried to sign up but the forums were down so my post never submitted

womp womp

should be fun to watch!

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I, the esteemed President of the South Africa, Buckets Q. Man, would like the world to know that we are going to dedicate ourselves to the salvation of all nations. Also we love you USA and Brazil, if you guys need a solid hit me up.

What's the diplomatic equivalent of "makes smoochy faces at you and your country"?

Bucketman wrote: »

What's the diplomatic equivalent of "makes smoochy faces at you and your country"?
    Allow foreign military bases I would guess.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Explain to me why We should spend our money on what is essentially a European problem. The Greeks made their bed, and the EU is just another imperialist creation. It dying is best for the rest of the world.

If the Europeans want to bail them out, spend your own money and don't come begging to the rest of the world.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    For Immediate Release
    Zhongnanhai, Beijing - In accordance with the policies of the People's Republic of China and the will of its people, President Tong Zheng Huan announced the activation of the National Pandemic Preparedness and Response Plan. "It is every citizens' responsibility to be aware of the situation, and to follow the responsible course of action laid out by the government," stated the President during the special announcement. "Through preparedness and unity, we will achieve early detection, early reporting, early diagnosis, early quarantine, and early treatment."

Eight working groups and one expert committee has been formed to coordinate and consolidate response measures. Though there will be only a small impact in the day-to-day life of the people, please be aware that minor delays in border screening and medical treatment may occur. In addition, a temporary ban has been issued on the import of bovine, swine, sheep, goats, and poultry, including the meat, organs, and edible byproducts from these animals. This is but a passing hardship, however, and it will be made less for all of us by working together in the face of adversity.

5 billion yuan has been earmarked by the government for prevention and control of the spread of this disease. "We're sure this is going to be over soon," one government official was quoted as saying. "Better to quench the fire when it is small."

Assuran wrote: »
    Explain to me why We should spend our money on what is essentially a European problem. The Greeks made their bed, and the EU is just another imperialist creation. It dying is best for the rest of the world.

If the Europeans want to bail them out, spend your own money and don't come begging to the rest of the world.

The UK thinks you have misunderstood the situation.
    We are going to be dealing with our own mess. A vote for the policy means a hit to largely EU incomes. The rest of the world will not see such an impost.

The UK is planning on support our neighbour also, even though we expect to lose capital in doing so.

Further destabilisation in the EU region seems ill-advised.

Question: Is Crimea part of Russia in this game, or is no?

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    La Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina deplore the continuing occupation of our compatriots in the Islas Malvinas by the imperialist powers. The world has moved on from colonialism; come to terms with that fact sooner rather than later.

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Question: Is Crimea part of Russia in this game, or is no?
    The Crimean Peninsula will be part of the "Ukraine" region for purposes of map updates.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Invictus wrote: »
    La Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina deplore the continuing occupation of our compatriots in the Islas Malvinas by the imperialist powers. The world has moved on from colonialism; come to terms with that fact sooner rather than later.
    This is a fair call, and the UK is looking forward to working out a solution in this space with Argentina

edited July 2015
    For Immediate Release
    NEW YORK (13 July 2015) - Today, Beijing's delegation to the United Nations has formally presented a draft proposal calling for the creation of a international scientific institution to be head-quartered on the island of Hainan, dedicated to the study and treatment of infectious diseases. "The Chinese Government believes strongly in the role of science in combating the spread of contagious diseases, and believe this proposed centre will be a large step towards further understanding highly infectious diseases and their patterns of infection. We call upon all member nations to support our proposal for the creation of the UNCSID [United Nations Commision for the Study of Infectious Diseases]." This comes on the heels of several further initiatives announced earlier today in Beijjing directed at limiting the spread of infectious disease.

The Chinese Delegation to the United Nations submits a Funding proposal for the creation of a infectious disease research centre. This centre is to be head-quartered on Hainan, and primarily funded by China, with contributions from other nations.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    This is hilarious and I will watch avidly, although due to being on vacation in and off for the next month and change, and due to being generally mischievous and an asshole, you're probably all better off without me actually playing.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    For Immediate Release
    NEW YORK (13 July 2015) - Today, Beijing's delegation to the United Nations has formally presented a draft proposal calling for the creation of a international scientific institution to be head-quartered on the island of Hainan, dedicated to the study and treatment of infectious diseases. "The Chinese Government believes strongly in the role of science in combating the spread of contagious diseases, and believe this proposed centre will be a large step towards further understanding highly infectious diseases and their patterns of infection. We call upon all member nations to support our proposal for the creation of the UNCSID [United Nations Commision for the Study of Infectious Diseases]." This comes on the heels of several further initiatives announced earlier today in Beijjing directed at limiting the spread of infectious disease.

The Chinese Delegation to the United Nations submits a Funding proposal for the creation of a infectious disease research centre.

Does the Chinese Delegation have a proposal for who will fund this new institution?

The Chinese Government has already announced an increased round of scientific funding directed towards the study of infectious disease, and would be willing to contribute funds towards the formation of this new agency, as well.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    The Russian Goverment would like it to be know that our moral and financial support is behind China's proposal.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    For Immediate Release
    The Chinese Delegation to the United Nations submits a Funding proposal for the creation of a infectious disease research centre.
    Does the Chinese Delegation have a proposal for who will fund this new institution?
    Just as the Chinese people strive together to make our country even better, so too should the people of the world unite in the face of this hardship. We would, of course, be happy to take lead in such an undertaking.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    For Immediate Release

An equally-good question is why, apart from the obvious, they feel it's useful to have it in the Pacific nowhere near any other major power. A much more-sensible location would be a nation such as India or Spain. Spain in particular seems like a better location for the center, considering they're already on the front lines, as it were.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    For Immediate Release

An equally-good question is why, apart from the obvious, they feel it's useful to have it in the Pacific nowhere near any other major power. A much more-sensible location would be a nation such as India or Spain. Spain in particular seems like a better location for the center, considering they're already on the front lines, as it were.

And if we cannot contain the spread, having the research centre square in the quarantine zone is not exactly an ideal scenario! Science works better without roving mobs outside.

Phyphor wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    For Immediate Release

And if we cannot contain the spread, having the research centre square in the quarantine zone is not exactly an ideal scenario! Science works better without roving mobs outside.

We agree with this assessment.
    Luckily our country is both handily located and surrounded by water, so we'd consider a centre on UK soil most practical.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    La República Argentina is willing to discuss the terms of the United Kingdom's ceding of the Islas Malvinas which is illegally occupied by foreign invaders since 1833.

Assuran on
This discussion has been closed.