As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Megagame] Stand Still Stay Silent - Game Ends

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Also please consider all of Bunny Lord's tweets to represent my own stances on important in game issues.

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Day 2 - Slumbering Giants
    QBhpm6s.png
    20th of July - 2015

The Greek bailout is approved. To the joy of the Greek people money flows into the country. Thing's look hopeful until one of the countries major banking headquarters catches ablaze. After the fire is put out it's found that a large portion of the bail out fund have disappeared, along with all records pertaining to it.

Reports come in that cases of the mysterious disease have appeared in Central America and Iran. The nature of it is still not public but the closure and increased security at airports and docks around the world is leading to some wild speculation on the news networks.

The world is strangely quiet - Apart from the crash of Russian steel as legions of infantry and tanks crash across the Ukrainian border. Local forces stood no chance against the onslaught.

Newly Infected Countries:
    Iran
    Central America

Week 2 Thread Activity - Diplomats
    UN Summit

Resolution 1

Topic: International Research Station
    Sponsors: China, Nigeria, Russia

The General Assembly,
    A new research station station dedicated to understanding and researching the virus must be constructed.

We ask that the UN provides the funding to construct this station at a location agreed upon by diplomats

If the issue is resolved: A research station is built at a chosen location, allowing the host country and allies (if the host country is an NPC nation) to reduce research costs by $1

If the issue is not resolved: No negative results for failure.

Diplomats must vote where the station is going to be based when they vote on the resolution - If the resolution passes the station will be built in the country with the most votes. If the resolution falls the station is not built.

Resolution 2

Topic: Congolese famine
    Sponsors: Morocco, Malawi

The General Assembly,
    The Congo has gone through decades of conflict. While outright violence has died down, devastation remains.

We ask that the International Monetary Fund helps provide financial support to allow for the import of much needed foodstuffs.

If the issue is resolved: Terror in Africa is reduced by 1

If the issue is not resolved: Potential civil unrest. Congolese conflict may resume.

Only Diplomats may vote in this referendum
    !Vote in Blue to accept the resolution - Noting which resolution you support and including the name of the host country if you support resolution 1
    !Vote in Red to reject both resolutions

Gumpy on
    The greatest time sink getting this out has been tracking down orders, and I'm sure there's still a bit to clear up.

It's vital that there's an easy to find summary of all the actions each country takes - Beep me if you think a mistake has been made and we'll get it sorted pronto. All countries should have been updated on the nights results (apart from science, which happens in an hour)

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Okay, who sent the money in unmarked, non-sequential bills

Because in this age of digital fund transfers, I don't see how that happens otherwise

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Why is Russia not listed as a sponsor on the resolution?

We thought long and hard about it Russia.

Then we decided to not include you in the big boys club.

Signed America.

Patch notes for day 2 V.1:

Russia added as sponsor to resolution 1

Russian invasion of Ukraine added to overall narration.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I told you all about Greece. Way to go.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    Your continued unprecedented aggression against our nation is noted.

Laaame.

Also Russia, please stop being expansionist and mean.

Think of the (Western) freedom please.

Freedom is up held in Ukraine, there is no repression there.

Russia is simply seeking to right the historic wrongs of 20 years ago, nothing more.

The people of the former Soviet Union share many tongues, but one soul! While it is currently shattered, it shall be reforged.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I have not spoken with our diplomat yet, but I speak from the bottom of my heart when I ask the other member nations to please help my African brothers in this time of need. In these trying times, we cannot allow violent instability to ravage any region.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The Brazilian military would like to express it's analysts key concern that international politics are getting in the way of our response to a very real and present danger to no less than five continents. Border fortifications and deployment of naval blockades must become something that this assembly is willing to consider with all the gravity that they are due.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    China remains committed to funding the International Research Station, and will ensure its completion wherever its location. We would prefer that the International Research Station be hosted in Hainan, so that we may both ensure its safeguards and its scientific endeavors. The lack of control of the situation in Greece gives us pause in a European solution.

I'm now going to go sob quietly in a corner and remember the olden days where PM's could have titles - Be back in half an hour to sort out any emergencies, then bed for me

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    I have not spoken with our diplomat yet, but I speak from the bottom of my heart when I ask the other member nations to please help my African brothers in this time of need. In these trying times, we cannot allow violent instability to ravage any region.
    The starvation of the people in a developing nation is not something that can be overlooked, and the Chinese people will offer our assistance.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    If I might be so bold, I strongly suggest each country set up a proboard for the sanity of our hosts.

Assuran on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    UN's Ebola mission set up its headquarters in Accra as it was far enough away from the affected countries, where there was logistical lockdown, but close enough the epicentre of the outbreak.

Setting up our headquarter in Accra made Ghana the only open gateway to Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone thus allowing the movement of thousands of Ebola responders and medical and essential supplies when they were most needed.

As a result, Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone now had the necessary response capabilities in place to efficiently test, treat and isolate Ebola patients.

s9mwzipjoihv.png

With regard to Spain, I suggest Ibiza on the Balearic Islands. Close to the southern coast of spain, where we expect refugees to be crossing, and easy to quarantine, and with a big enough port to manage logistics for deploying into outbreaks.

i am in favor of this plan

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I also request that Russia stand down immediately--expansionism and imperialism have no place in this time of global crisis

-Egyptian Diplomat Cat Kirbman

It is not imperialism, we our merely righting past wrongs as Egypt did when they seized the Seuz in the 50's.

Regardless of how justified you believe this move to be we cannot abide any action that further threatens the stability of the world while it is already on the cusp of disaster

edited July 2015
    I will remind my friends and colleagues that the outbreak has now spread across three continents, and is on the doorstep of two others. We must move quickly to contain this global threat. La República Argentina will be voting in favor of the first resolution but are keen to listen to all sides of the debate on where the facility serves the global population.

In other news, La República Argentina vote! 2 to help ease the suffering of the African people.

Assuran on
    As far as I know, everybody is in favor of building the research facility. The only question is where it will be built.

Egypt for one votes that the WHO research station is built on the Balearic Islands in Spain.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Reports will soon be coming out detailing the results of your country's scientific endeavours.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Iran getting infected is not good-I don't know if they'll want to cooperate with international requests on what to do. And I'm not sure if they even have the capability to seal up their borders. This could result in the disease's spread to the whole middle east, and they're not too far away from Africa.

Is anyone here on good terms with Iran?

Russia and China both have long standing relations with Iran.

I cannot speak for China but Russia will be open any suggestions.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Argentina would like to publicly request that the other Western Hemisphere powers contact our diplomatic corps regarding the situation in Central America. Knowing what we've collectively got to work with in attempting to help the people of that beleaguered region should enable a coordinated response.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    As a scientist, I suggest that Iran be advised to close its borders.

I know I advised against this for Spain, but I feel that other mechanisms for controlling the spread might not be effective in Iran, where access to healthcare experts might be limited.

Iran is a very developed country.

We should be more worried about Central America.

Cuba is home to the some of the best doctors in the region and should be contacted for help.

After some research, I've found that Iran's healthcare system is rather good.

With this in mind, a border closing may not be necessary, although I do think some form of action does need to be taken.

La República Argentina is willing to contact República de Cuba if that should prove necessary.

With that said, do we know which Central American countries are infected? Are all of them infected?

I assume "all" given how the region system works.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Question: Both resolutions can not be passed, correct? We must choose to either support #1 (with a location), support #2, or vote against both?

Delmain on
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Which one of you stole the Greek funds?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited July 2015
    I believe each resolution stands on it's own and we vote for or against each resolution.

edit: My diplomatic briefing makes this less clear upon inspection.

Are the resolutions both funding requests?

If they are both funding requests, we do have to choose only one to support. Political requests seem to be unlimited.

Assuran on
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    im97yiyvsih0.png
    World as it stands (I might get the geography wrong on these, feel free to let me know)
    Black represents Infections
    Dots represent invasions

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
    I have been told MR Blarney will post the map once it is done.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Tech updates should all be distributed. If it's not in your PM, check your Proboard (if you have one). If you still can't find it, shoot me a PM.

A REMINDER TO ALL SCIENTISTS THAT TOMORROW THE FIRST VOTES ON NOBEL PRIZE NOMINATIONS WILL BE HELD. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT A PAPER FOR NOMINATION, THE YOU HAVE ABOUT 24 HOURS.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    This game reminds me so much of the NSDM games I love playing in at Origins and Gen Con.

<3 you hosts.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    !Vote R1 that the research facility be built in China

This discussion has been closed.