As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A little bit of Horror! (NSFW, 56K)

God_is_my_goldfishGod_is_my_goldfish Registered User regular
edited October 2006 in Artist's Corner
Some concept art I did a while ago for a film script I've put aside for now, was trying for the whole Silent Hill vibe with them. They are more than just creepy looking, they actually played out as part of the story, with meaning behind each design.

abbatoirofsin_03.jpg

Here's the same, sans the blur
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/god_is_my_goldfish/Dark%20Corner/abbatoirofsin_01.jpg

The BoxHead

boxhead.jpg

A Bloodpalm

bloodpalmdarker.jpg

The same, but a little brighter
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/god_is_my_goldfish/Dark%20Corner/bloodpalm.jpg

A hole in the wall, was actually scrapped in a later revision due to similarities with SH4
hole.jpg

Self-Consumption
consumption.jpg

Crits/Feedbacks welcome, Have a Happy Halloween!
:twisted:

God_is_my_goldfish on

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Do you have versions of these without all the noise? I can't see past it.

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Boxhead? :|

Being inspired by something and ripping it off are completely different things. You should do more than change the shape of the helmet, and even if he isn't wielding a huge fucking knife....

just no. Originality man!

The art is kinda cool but too much noise and blur effects.

Virum on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I think that first one and the bloodpalm and the hole-in-the-wall are pretty solid, but I don't see anything even close to a head in that boxhead picture... maybe cause I didn't play Silent Hill.

edit: wait.... now I see it...

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    SpilltoySpilltoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Virum wrote:
    Boxhead? :|

Being inspired by something and ripping it off are completely different things. You should do more than change the shape of the helmet, and even if he isn't wielding a huge fucking knife....

just no. Originality man!

The art is kinda cool but too much noise and blur effects.

Basically. I also wish the last one had muscles instead of spaghetti. The first one is probably the most solid, but for the subject matter and genre, it's pretty generic :?

Spilltoy on
    I really don't.
  • Options
    Gotcha ForceGotcha Force Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    theres wayyyy too much noise

in the movies during the flash back was noise.. thats about it, but in addition to noise they had film scratches and actual brush work done on top of the frame.. not just a shitload of noise put on top

the boxhead is also sorta dumb me thinks.. however everything is very silent hillish and i think is done quite well

Gotcha Force on
  • Options
    M2tMM2tM Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    the fact that it looks like noise filter with nothing else is a major distraction.

M2tM on
    "We can be richer than industry as long as we know that there are things that we don't really need." -Willy Mason
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited October 2006
    M2tM wrote:
    the fact that it looks like noise filter with nothing else is a major distraction.

Noise filter makes things horror. Didn't you know?

Grifter on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Honestly, the ones you ripped off obviously from silent hill are the only ones that are even creepy at all. The original designs (blood palm, "self consumption") are pretty underwhelming. The self consumption guy looks like he's made of spaghetti noodles or ground beef, and the dismembered hand is just old hat in my book.

If I were Konami I'd sue if this ever hit a screen.

"No no guys, it's not pyramid head, it's BOX head"

edit: the noise thing is also ripped from silent hill >:|

Scosglen on
  • Options
    SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I think self consumption would be cool if, like everyone said, it looked like actual muscle. That was probably my favorite out of the bunch design-wise.

SkyGheNe on
  • Options
    M2tMM2tM Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    grifter81 wrote:
    M2tM wrote:

Noise filter makes things horror. Didn't you know?

You are correct!

horrorkitty.jpg

M2tM on
    "We can be richer than industry as long as we know that there are things that we don't really need." -Willy Mason
  • Options
    Paul CarbonellaPaul Carbonella Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The noise effect makes them look like my Television lost reception.

Paul Carbonella on
    Shazam.
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    WHAT?! YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP, THERE'S TOO MUCH NOISE!

MagicToaster on