As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Megagame] Stand Still Stay Silent - Game Ends

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Brazil is looking into the situation in Africa to see how we may be of assistance.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Russia wishes to support the African nations, and hopes other nations will help work forward towards to preventing conflict in the region which has seen to much already.

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Egypt is, of course, backing the independent effort to feed the people of the Congo. The nations of Africa must stand together as one in the face of crisis

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Nigeria is glad to see such an outpouring of support for our neighbors in Central Africa. There is no problem that international cooperation can not solve.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    !Vote yes proposition 1, Iceland

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    With Brazil's monetary contribution to the situation in Africa, it seems as if we have accomplished both goals this day.

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    high fives all around!

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Given the lack of support for the Spanish location, Egypt will change its vote on resolution 1 for the facility to be in Iceland

Speed Racer on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    By the way, I'm enjoying watching this guys.

I fear Spanish Isolation will not prevent the spread of the plague, and will just hurt the EU economy.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Brazil is more than happy to provide famine relief for the Congolese people

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Our diplomat is currently unable to vote, so

vote! Resolution 1, Iceland

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Day is closed - I'm aiming to get this done in under 90 mins, wish me luck!

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    La República Argentina is pleased that both resolutions will essentially pass today.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    good luck gumpy

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Day is closed - I'm aiming to get this done in under 90 mins, wish me luck!

rip

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Is it still day 1? I'm confused.

I believe we will be onto Day 3. I just don't think the thread title is up to date. OP has Day 1 and Day 2 listed.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    We are in the twilight zone between Day 2 and Day 3. Soon(TM) we will see just how screwed we really are.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    As wild animals will be able to spread the disease, they should be considered under any quarantine measures as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U8PCnD-0Yg

uc3ufTB.png
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Listen, I'm just a humble scientist, the logistics are someone else's department.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Seriously though, kill all the bats.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Seriously though, kill all the bats.

More like JokerKaos

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Killing Batmen is not required, merely encouraged.

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    He's not going to kill them.

He's just going to hurt them really, really bad.

edited July 2015
    Day 3 – Union of Tears
    Day 3 map

NeYOLpN.png

27th of July - 2015

Russian troops explode across Eastern Europe. Austria-Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria find themselves heavily outmatched, though there is some local resistance. It’s Poland where some of the bitterest fighting takes place. American’s European missile defences are guarded by skeleton garrisons and are quickly taken apart. Europe is without its missile shield. While Polish forces are not able to save the defences one plucky band fights like the hussars of old, fighting the Russian First Army to a standstill.

The Russian strike rocks the halls of the pentagon. General Gizzy steps down as military leadership is reorganised and replaced by General Obifett. America might have suffered a blow, but they’re not out!
    With great celebration the Chinese premier is able to announce that China has been selected for the first major research centre into the new disease. Construction is quick as existing labs are kitted out with the best Chinese equipment and the first samples are brought in.

The Congolese relief effort goes well, but came up slightly short. If $2 Million is not donated next turn, the crisis will officially go unresolved.

In the corridors of Brasília a deal is made. South American diplomats shake hands and exchange warm words. The President’s of Argentina and Brazil step forth and sign SADPACT - The South Atlantic Defense, Protection, and Advancement Cooperation Treaty. South America will stand strong and united.
    sadpact2.png~original

Argentina, Brazil, South Africa and Nigeria are all signatories to the pact.

Newly Infected Countries:
    None known
    Week 3 Thread Activity - Scientists
    Nobel Nominations
    Welcome one and all, to the first ever democratic Nobel nominations!

As you know, there has been fierce research in the fields of epidemiology and virology over the past few weeks, as a new and deadly disease has appeared. Many of the papers we have received have had to do with this outbreak.
    Now, for the rules. Each Scientist gets to vote on the paper presented today (at 8pm EST) that they feel is the most "intriguing." The paper that is likely to change the world for the better for decades to come!

Votes are certainly allowed to change over the course of the day, if necessary. In the end, the winning paper will be Nominated for a Nobel Prize, with all the rewards for participating scientists that that involves.
    If you're not a scientist, I'm afraid you don't get to vote, but of course you may discuss reasons for why you think certain papers should win!

Scientists, please vote for the country with the most interesting paper in Lime Green

Gumpy on
    Attention all,

Unfortunately our dear diplomat Goose submitted his voluntary leave today, otherwise you would be hearing this from him.

Our intelligence service has discovered troubling news. We have new, conclusive evidence on the theft of the Greek bailout funds. Unfortunately we cannot pinpoint their exact location, but the thieves were sponsored by either Brazil or Argentina.

Stealing from the mouths of the needy is reprehensible at all times, but we find it doubly as outrageous to further yourselves in such a time of need as the world faces now, before MS Alpha. As such, the United Kingdom demands that the responsible party return the funds to their intended recipients.

Failure to do so would prove most unwise.

Yours,

Modern Major General Rutherford Woodhouse Billingsham III, Military Adjutant of the United Kingdom

We are currently looking for reserves

Obifett has replaced Gizzy as head of the US Military

I appreciate there's a lot going on - Any players are able to send me a beep if they need support. Reading the thread and enjoying it? We need you!

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I'd be willing to !Sign up for the Reserve List.

IKknkhU.gif
    Farangu wrote: »
    Attention all,

Unfortunately our dear diplomat Goose submitted his voluntary leave today, otherwise you would be hearing this from him.

Our intelligence service has discovered troubling news. We have new, conclusive evidence on the theft of the Greek bailout funds. Unfortunately we cannot pinpoint their exact location, but the thieves were sponsored by either Brazil or Argentina.

Stealing from the mouths of the needy is reprehensible at all times, but we find it doubly as outrageous to further yourselves in such a time of need as the world faces now, before MS Alpha. As such, the United Kingdom demands that the responsible party return the funds to their intended recipients.

Failure to do so would prove most unwise.

Yours,

Modern Major General Rutherford Woodhouse Billingsham III, Military Adjutant of the United Kingdom

La República Argentina is outraged at this accusation. Of course the UK would blame the South Americans. We categorically deny any wrong doing.

Stilts wrote: »
    I'd be willing to !Sign up for the Reserve List.

Stilts has officially replaced Goose!

Welcome to the UK, for queen ect ect

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    The President of Russia, Alexi Plutov, wishes to propose a fair division of Europe with the Western powers. Everything east of Germany and Italy shall fall under the protection of the Russian state. This shall provide stability in the region that is much needed in these trying times.

The Kremlin wishes it to be know that we seek no confrontation with the Western Powers and hope they agree to this agreeable proposal.

Hahahahaha.

No.
    Gumpy wrote: »

27th of July - 2015

Russian troops explode across Eastern Europe. Austria-Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria find themselves heavily outmatched, though there is some local resistance. It’s Poland where some of the bitterest fighting takes place. American’s European missile defences are guarded by skeleton garrisons and are quickly taken apart. Europe is without its missile shield. While Polish forces are not able to save the defences one plucky band fights like the hussars of old, fighting the Russian First Army to a standstill.

This is why, now kindly start behaving like a developed fucking super power and put the toys away while we sort out this virus nonsense and graciously give your citizen's the cure when we discover it.

Also no confrontation, ha, give back poland and allow US engineer teams in to re-arm EU's missile shield. Then maybe we'll treat you like a grown up.

You mean that missile shield that makes it so you can hit us and we can't hit you?

Why would we do that? Especially when you theaten Genocide on the Russian people!

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Russia, you do realize that Poland is part of NATO, right

and that, as a result, you just declared war on the USA, the UK, and Germany?

Do you REALLY want to start WWIII?

Because I'll be honest-that is completely insane.

War makes epidemics exponentially worse. Are you trying to end the world? Because that's the only explanation I can think of.

England's thoughts on Russia:

"Curse your sudden but inevitable aggression!"

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Because disarmament should be everyones goal and that's assisted by having protections in place that reduce the threat of nuclear arms.

It is not the wests fault that your scientists have failed to come up with equivalent measures.

You haven't treated Russian with any respect since the beginning of the game.

We asked for Eastern Europe. You could of talked us down, could of given us something else.

Instead, you told us to stay in the box, treated us poorly since the start.

Now we have equal footing, and you're upset. At what, equality?

Because disarmament should be everyones goal and that's assisted by having protections in place that reduce the threat of nuclear arms.

It is not the wests fault that your scientists have failed to come up with equivalent measures.

Again, we're equal now. Why do you threaten war over a that?

You speak of disarmament, but have you taken any steps at this?

La República Argentina recommends the West and Russia take a deep breath and stand back from the brink of war and work to find a peaceful solution to the situation at hand.

La República Argentina is saddened by the loss of life on both sides and is willing to serve as mediators to this conflict.

I call on America to come to the table and talk about how to divide Europe fairly between our two powers.

This discussion has been closed.