As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Megagame] Stand Still Stay Silent - Game Ends

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    KetBra wrote: »
    What an abhorrently inaccurate statement
    And until you actually fucking stop having discussions in secret like I was condemned for it'll be just as valid a statement as whatever you want to say.

I'd actually love you guys to be working out a treaty that is basically 'fuck you Russia and stay out of our stuff' but if you're sticking behind the magic curtain there's no reason for us not to assume the worst.
    I am having a "discussion in secret" with your diplomat right now, Mr. President. Stop your saber rattling, you do little but further incense a nation devoted to peace.

(( OOC edit: I have to step away for a few minute to drive home. I also had a ton of RL stuff to do today, sometimes it gets in the way of games. ))

jdarksun on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Some people seem to think we are raising ATKCON instead of DEFCON.

You know, our Defense Readiness Condition.

See what I did here? I took a complex issue with many valid interpretations (of course raising DEFCON can be an aggressive action) and reduced it to a single assertion without supporting explanation. Isn't this fun?

vRyue2p.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Well I mean, I don't need to worry then.

Except you're at defcon 3 so whoops goes the idea of devotion to peace and stability. Need I remind the UN that the USA is still sitting at Defcon 5.

Basically stop having 90% of your mentions of the USA be condemning our behaviour if you're so commited to lovely diplomacy.

Because so far this evening has being nothing but complaints about how terribly militaristic we are for:

1) Helping our allies.

2) Having a plan to prevent a possible WW3 going nuclear

3) Training extra troops to help serve as home guard to replace those aiding our allies.

You speak of peace but spit in our face routinely and it's not acceptable to a large nation who supported your earliest initiatives with the research station.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Look. On top of this Russia situation and the increasingly spreading Morpheus Syndrome, we cannot afford more tension between the United States and China. Please take Argentina's example and save this for another day.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Wise words from our Nigerian friends.

Calling you out on your buildup of troops is not spitting in your face.

Conducting negotiations with neighbors is not spitting in your face.

Trying to avoid Armageddon is not spitting in your face.

• CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    I think it's rather ridiculous that the USA and China, the 2 superpowers that haven't invaded neutral nations or actively threatened nuclear war are so aggressive toward one another. The rest of the world is relying on you 2 to keep your heads about you and keep the peace.

• CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Calling you out on your buildup of troops is not spitting in your face.

Conducting negotiations with neighbors is not spitting in your face.

Trying to avoid Armageddon is not spitting in your face.

Listen if you're going to call out every nation that builds a couple of infantry units you're going to have a lot of unnecessay work on your hands.

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Look. On top of this Russia situation and the increasingly spreading Morpheus Syndrome, we cannot afford more tension between the United States and China. Please take Argentina's example and save this for another day.

Welp, you heard it.

Another country called it Morpheus Syndrome that means it's tacitly approved

VINDICATION

Insisting that the build up of troops is intended for war is a spit in our face after literally every single action we've taken has being to help reduce war and increase stability.

We're helping facilitate the Falklands debate, even offering to give Argentina financial aid in buying them once a deals done.

We offered the EU money following the Greece fiasco.

We supported your research station to help deal with the new pathogen we're facing.

We were willing to take it on our own bank accounts to help turn Russia into a more diplomatic power.

We're coming to the aid of the EU after Russian aggressions.

We're the only country on Defcon 5 while you all panic and lose hope for peace.

How am I to take you trying to point the UN at us and say 'look, look, they're building up troops!' as anything but an implication to announce to everyone we're preparing for a war as if we're some blood thirsty nation like Russia.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »

Welp, you heard it.

VINDICATION

We need to develop two competing remedies

Then call them the Red Pill and the Blue Pill

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Farangu wrote: »

Welp, you heard it.

VINDICATION

We need to develop two competing remedies

Then call them the Red Pill and the Blue Pill

I have a job offer for you

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Alternately, don't do this on any other days either

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I agree that hostility should cease.

I would like some feedback on the following accord to prove that it's viable, in case it was missed amoung the hostilities. I expect it to change with input.
    I do not want to see a repeat of Russia vs. World threats, and we should set up an agreement if others also don't want a repeat.

@Auralynx @SLyM @Jdarksun @Tommy2Hands @Delmain @Langly @Bucketman @discrider

Are you in favor of something in this vien? Can 10 players achieve what the normal world cannot, Global Cooperation? Nothing else excites me.
    This agreement's intent would still allow nations to struggle for their goals and win conditions, but it grants each of safety in our pursuits.
    It is glib, but I want to know who is interested in playing Pandemic, and who is interested in WW3.

---

Powers agree that use of Military Force outside of establishing quarantines for the safety of said Powers, will face a response of sanctions in tech and economics from signed powers

Powers agree that use, or prepare to use, Biological Weapons or Nukes, will face military response from signed powers

Powers agree infected nations will receive (barring a desperate crisis) $1 million from each signed powers as a deterrence of using spys to infect nations, and to aid in the humanitarian crisis[/b

Any thoughts on how to make this palatable to your nation will be appreciated.
    In general, we are safer when neighbors can be relied upon as helpers, as opposed to conflicting powers.

---

Our goals and ideals are expected to conflict, but the powers that sign this accord will give a strong message that we will achieve our goals, and our prosperity through influence, compromise, and diplomacy instead of war and horror.

All powers are welcome to sign such an accord.

VayBJ4e.png
    OOC:

The Proboards for this game are going to be a VERY interesting read once everything is done.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    OOC:

The Proboards for this game are going to be a VERY interesting read once everything is done.

Spoiler for the Egypt proboard:
    buttesbuttesbuttesbuttesbuttesbuttesbuttesbuttesbuttesbuttesbuttesbuttes

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    OOC:

OOC: Can confirm.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Wait, guys, the answer is so simple.

There is no pandemic.

vRyue2p.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Wait, guys, the answer is so simple.

There is no pandemic.

It was just an analogy for man's greed? Well, that makes sense. Let's all go home.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Insisting that the build up of troops is intended for war is a spit in our face after literally every single action we've taken has being to help reduce war and increase stability.

How am I to take you trying to point the UN at us and say 'look, look, they're building up troops!' as anything but an implication to announce to everyone we're preparing for a war as if we're some blood thirsty nation like Russia.
    Because, Mr. President, you have met aggressive Russian rhetoric with aggressive rhetoric. To me, you sound like you're preparing for war.

Prior to today, we enjoyed successful diplomatic relations. Let me extend this olive branch: give us a chance for our own diplomatic endeavors to work instead of assuming the worst from us, and we'll do the same for you.

I agree that hostility should cease.

I would like some feedback on the following accord to prove that it's viable, in case it was missed amoung the hostilities. I expect it to change with input.
    I do not want to see a repeat of Russia vs. World threats, and we should set up an agreement if others also don't want a repeat.

@Auralynx @SLyM @Jdarksun @Tommy2Hands @Delmain @Langly @Bucketman @discrider

Are you in favor of something in this vien? Can 10 players achieve what the normal world cannot, Global Cooperation? Nothing else excites me.
    This agreement's intent would still allow nations to struggle for their goals and win conditions, but it grants each of safety in our pursuits.
    It is glib, but I want to know who is interested in playing Pandemic, and who is interested in WW3.

---

Powers agree that use of Military Force outside of establishing quarantines for the safety of said Powers, will face a response of sanctions in tech and economics from signed powers

Powers agree that use, or prepare to use, Biological Weapons or Nukes, will face military response from signed powers

Powers agree infected nations will receive (barring a desperate crisis) $1 million from each signed powers as a deterrence of using spys to infect nations, and to aid in the humanitarian crisis[/b

Any thoughts on how to make this palatable to your nation will be appreciated.
    In general, we are safer when neighbors can be relied upon as helpers, as opposed to conflicting powers.

---

Our goals and ideals are expected to conflict, but the powers that sign this accord will give a strong message that we will achieve our goals, and our prosperity through influence, compromise, and diplomacy instead of war and horror.

All powers are welcome to sign such an accord.

Strangely, the German Military Leader is more interested in playing Pandemic.

I never liked Risk much anyway.
    I prefer Diplomacy :twisted:

vRyue2p.png
    edited July 2015
    jdarksun wrote: »

Because, Mr. President, you have met aggressive Russian rhetoric with aggressive rhetoric. To me, you sound like you're preparing for war.

Prior to today, we enjoyed successful diplomatic relations. Let me extend this olive branch: give us a chance for our own diplomatic endeavors to work instead of assuming the worst from us, and we'll do the same for you.

I believe you mean that he met Russian aggression with aggresive rhetoric.

You may want to confer with your own diplomatic adviser on the definitions of certain words.

Delmain on
    Oh god, sorry to everybody who got double @ed in that post. I'm on my phone and wasn't thinking.

vRyue2p.png
    We were preparing for a war. At that point Russia had left little option.

And I've no beef with China, would much rather us be allies. Which can start with my diplomat receiving details of your discussion withRussia considering we just spent all day sorting out a crisis with them.

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Day 4 – If this is the calm
    Day 4 Map

jE4CNA1.png

3rd of August - 2015

Outbreaks are reported in Mexico, France, Columbia, Pakistan and Turkmenistan. The virus is picking up speed.

The Congolese crisis is resolved! All African powers lose a point of terror.

German forces crash into Poland as Russian forces depart. The Missile shield is in ruins, but there won't be a battle here this day. Across the eastern front Russian forces pull back towards allied territory reinforce their defences. In Ukraine freshly armed rebels rise up - Against the main body of retreating Russian forces. They get badly beaten. However, the real drama is in Moscow

An elite force of international Agents assault the Russian nuclear launch facility - Only to find the Russian secret service and special forces dug in. It's a brutal fight, but the coalition manage to hit hard and get out. Russian forces rush in from all over the capital.

Away from the Kremlin.

Where a spider strikes.

The Russian Premier has been shot in his own office - His guards are able to prevent it from being a full blown execution and he's quickly taken to Hospital. There is much uncertainty in Russia.

Newly Infected Countries:
    Mexico, Columbia, France, Pakistan and Turkmenistan

DEFCON ALERT

China is on DEFCON 3
    Nigeria is on DEFCON 3
    Germany is on DEFCON 3
    Week 4 Thread Activity - Diplomats
    UN Summit
    Rules update – Can all resolutions submitted from here on out be in your countries orders post in this format

Resolution 1

Topic: Flash Floods in Vietnam
    Sponsors: Vietnam, Indonesia

Summary: Floods have rocked Vietnam causing immense economic and civil disruption. The UN is requested to send teams and resources to stabilise the country.

If successfully resolved: Chinese terror will go down by 2
    If resolution fails: Asian powers will take an economic hit, Vietnam will become unstable

Resolution 2

Topic: Russian Censure and Sanction
    Sponsors: UK, Egypt

Summary: Russia has repeatedly acted against the better interests of the world and threatened global peace. It is suggested that they be banned from voting in future diplomatic resolutions, and that economic sanctions be placed on them, until such time in the future that the UN votes to repeal this resolution.

If successful: Russia will be stripped of it's UN vote and may suffer economic difficulties
    If failure: The Russian people will feel vindicated - Terror in Russia will drop by 1

This is a matter of UN procedure - It doesn't count as a finance vote, but will have in game ramifications. It will not count as a financial resolution and can be accepted alongside resolution 1

Only Diplomats may vote in this referendum
    !Vote in Blue to accept the resolution
    !Vote in Red to reject both resolution

A lot has changed in the last day and I am unsure if any pre-existing summit submissions stand - I will accept the first two proposals sent to me in this format to put up today and ask any new ones be posted in the nations orders thread so I can confirm nations intentions correctly

Gumpy on
    We really, really, really need to be stopping this disease.

It will be fine, Assuran.

Everything will be fine.

Germany has been continuing it's research into this disease during the recent crisis. I can only hope that the rest of the world has as well. We expect scientific breakthroughs any day now.

We really, really, really need to be stopping this disease.

I do wonder if the fact none of us have gotten hit yet is luck.

Or if Gumpy is trapping us.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    We now have outbreaks in nations bordering Brazil, China, the United States, and Germany.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular

US Voting for South Africa's paper.

VayBJ4e.png
    And the UK.

The Chunnel connects France and the UK

• BremenBremen Registered User regular
    Agents from at least 5 nations hit Russia this turn. That's fair enough; The President dug his own grave, in my opinion.

But I've done all I can to show good faith. I'd appreciate it if that was returned and those agents depart now.

At least?

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Oh god, sorry to everybody who got double @ed in that post. I'm on my phone and wasn't thinking.

It's cool. I was on a lovely vacation in Peru engaging in, uh, high-level talks with some ladies, so I've been out of circulation for about an hour and a half. I actually got excited that someone'd thought something was important enough to summon me twice!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I don't see Egypt's resolution to implement sanctions against Russia on the UN docket.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Well great googly moogly.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I don't see Egypt's resolution to implement sanctions against Russia on the UN docket.

I think they're re-processing the paperwork for formatting and translation problems, because that really ought to be there.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Is the Russian Premier JfP or are they an NPC?

edited July 2015
    La República Argentina is willing and able to share Air Filtration with anyone. While expensive, it might be our best hope in stopping the spread of the disease by having troops secure the borders of infected countries while wearing the filters.

Further, La República Argentina urges all member nations to quarantine the nations struck by the virus.

Gumpy, how bad are casualties right now from this disease?

Assuran on
This discussion has been closed.