As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skyforge - New MMORPG by Allods Team and Westernization by Obsidian

• ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    I don't know, I feel Light bringer had decent damage when I played it. Doesn't feel like it did less damage compare to when I play the cryomancer, but I didn't get too far in this game so maybe the difference ramp up later on.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Played an hour or two of this tonight. Played as cryomancer, not really into it, but want to try some other class so I am just barreling through for now. Overall this seems pretty fun.

steam_sig.png
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Checked this out tonight and had some fun with it. Some of the costumes are amusing.

gXtDuUN.png

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    I'm progressing through the story as I can. It's not Shakespeare, but it's neat enough for an MMO. I've always enjoyed ones that take the time to craft an overall narrative through the leveling experience.

Still digging the fights. It seems like every boss fight has at least some little mechanic. Makes me curious to see what end game "raids", whatever form those take, are like.

Also, finally figured out what was missing in combat for me. There's very, very little telegraphs...none really if you don't count the telegraph like animations by some of the monsters. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it's extremely interesting to play an MMO now where the "don't stand in the stupid" isn't made utterly obvious. I've found myself holding back on some bosses while I take a few seconds to study their attacks before committing to an all out assault. Which IS nice for what otherwise could be considered button mashing combat.

And I'm now about 3500 Prestige, and it seems like the bosses will wreck your shit if you don't properly work out some of the mechanics.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I'm having fun with it, but I just started. Paladin plays well. I like the combo chain thingy they get, but i'm currently maining the support class. Light bringer or something? I dont remember. I dont seem to have heals, just buffs and shields so far. Wonder if that changes as it goes along.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Are there dungeons? Is there an lfg queue/auto group for dungeons?

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I'm having fun with it, but I just started. Paladin plays well. I like the combo chain thingy they get, but i'm currently maining the support class. Light bringer or something? I dont remember. I dont seem to have heals, just buffs and shields so far. Wonder if that changes as it goes along.

I'm pretty sure there aren't any direct heals like you're used to. Shields are wonderful though, so you're still definitely useful don't worry.

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »

Yes. You can solo queue for stuff, and there's 3 and 5 man dungeons. You can also theoretically group with fewer people and queue up as just your group if you wanted to.

You go to the map, pick your area, then enter it or hit the queue.

• NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    ForceVoid wrote: »

Yes. You can solo queue for stuff, and there's 3 and 5 man dungeons. You can also theoretically group with fewer people and queue up as just your group if you wanted to.

You go to the map, pick your area, then enter it or hit the queue.

Awesome, thanks

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    I'm kind of getting a Too Human vibe from this, and I'm totally okay with that.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Same, Too Human was a neat game.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    There's definitely a little bit of PSO built into this.

I was kind of put off by the amount of currencies I found. But I discovered you could use in game currency to buy (normally) RM currency.

steam_sig.png
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Gunner is comical good fun, but Kinetic blew me away.

A+ would cackle madly again.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Day one of my playing of skyforge comes to an end. I have yet to unlock the big dumb berserker class. I wish to do that. I hope that comes soon enough.

M A G I K A Z A M
    heenato wrote: »
    Day one of my playing of skyforge comes to an end. I have yet to unlock the big dumb berserker class. I wish to do that. I hope that comes soon enough.

should be about 2 weeksish for berserker to unlock.

n1woEHJ.png
    Went Cryomancer to start as sword and board didn't interest me. Hm... It's different. Two weeks to unlock Sci-Fi Greek God Guts? Damn it.

The saddest news to wake up to.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    So this game is interesting. A million currencies used to progress your character, but I like the setting and premise a bunch.

Anybody start a PA pantheon yet?

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    H0b0man wrote: »
    So this game is interesting. A million currencies used to progress your character, but I like the setting and premise a bunch.

I was wondering the same. I'm somewhat close, cash wish, to being able to afford it, and I know @Pixelated pixie was interested in starting one up. Do we have one somewhere?

n1woEHJ.png
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Oy, a Russian-published MMO ? There is no way I'm giving these guys access to my hard drive and/or my credit card. You might as well mail your entire bank account to Putin's country estate.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

I wouldn't sweat it. Berserker was pretty uninteresting when I tested it. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

I was wondering the same. I'm somewhat close, cash wish, to being able to afford it, and I know @Pixelated pixie was interested in starting one up. Do we have one somewhere?

Last page:
    ky13 wrote: »
    I've set up a Pantheon called Fireflies. Anyone is welcome to join. My character name is Teldra Smushy.

Not sure if it's PA specific, but it's there I guess

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    My biggest complaint lies with the beards! The LOD on character detail is pretty wonky unless the camera is zoomed right up on them, so my luxurious mane goes from something full to one that looks like pubic hair glued onto the sides of my cheeks.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    So we ran the Lanber Catacombs "adventure" (skyforge-ese for instance) last night. This unlocks at 1610 prestige and is part of the main storyline quest. This is the first place where gameplay has made us do anything other than button mash. The middle fight was interesting and we had to do it a couple times before we figured out the mechanic. I suppose you could get through it with brute-force, but once we knew the "trick" it was easy. The final boss fight, on the other hand, is a real doozy! It combines massive telegraphed punches that need to be dodged plus timed "get out of LoS, or you instant die" plus "don't stand in the stupid" (with a bonus side-helping of "stupid will kill you in 1/4 second, so really don't stand in it!"), PLUS a add-spawn mechanic that requires at least one person to more-or-less ignore the boss and suppress the add-spawns, while still watching for that LoS trigger, staying mobile, and getting out of the insta-kill zones when needed (or they die instantly).

We did it as a duo. Unless it scales WAY down for a solo, I'm not sure that it could be completed by brute-force. It was a lot of fun to finally beat it!

26904.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Been playing this for a bit. Nothing extensive so I have to reserve my ultimate judgement.

So far I'm enjoying it. I am totally down with the setting/aesthetic.

I get a faint PSO2 vibe, which is a bit of a double-edged sword. I really, really enjoy PSO2 so playing something that, to me anyway, seems similar is nice. Problem is I really, really enjoy PSO2 so I can't help but to unfairly compare it. In which case I still prefer PSO2.

And I know the game isn't trying to be PSO, but my brain can't help but compare the two.

edit- Erm, don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying Skyforge and it is a solid and fun game that does it's own thing and people should totally check it out. Seriously, it is F2P you've nothing to lose.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Oy, a Russian-published MMO ? There is no way I'm giving these guys access to my hard drive and/or my credit card. You might as well mail your entire bank account to Putin's country estate.

The same could be said for almost any country these days.

You'd better bury your computer just to be safe.

I wouldn't sweat it. Berserker was pretty uninteresting when I tested it. :razz:
    It doesn't matter. Big Dumb Idiot is my prefered class in many things...

Such as real life.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • hjparcinshjparcins Registered User regular
    I want to play this but my ping swings from ~120ms to 60000 ms every few seconds. Not my connection either. Not sure what the deal is, but it sucks. Tried a bunch of crap including deleting and redownloading/reinstalling.

Bummer.

I'm not sure I like the cap on currency and experience gain. Because it seems like early on, it's too low. I have not played that long at all, a couple hours, 4 at most, and I'm already at cap and cannot continue on with game.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Caps like that are always a bad idea in my books. But these ones are especially annoying.

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    No idea how you hit the cap so fast. I've been playing a bunch the past two days and I'm still getting sparks. Even after hitting that cap though you still get items to improve your order, which winds up making up around 1/3 of your prestige in the long run.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • ky13ky13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Kyanilis wrote: »

Last page:
    ky13 wrote: »
    I've set up a Pantheon called Fireflies. Anyone is welcome to join. My character name is Teldra Smushy.

Not sure if it's PA specific, but it's there I guess

I just made the Fireflies Pantheon for 4 of us playing in the same room over the weekend. It's not PA-specific other than the fact that we're all people who go to PAX. =)

Looks like 4 is the max until you upgrade, and I accidentally started a different upgrade, so it could be a while before I could add more people.

ky13 on
    Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    For those who don't know (like myself) you can go back to the virtual training room and try out all the classes, not just the starting three.

This has the added bonus of awarding you each of those classes' costume when you complete the tutorial for that class.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    How easy is it to hit the cap, to get the currency you need to unlock more classes? I have 75 of it right now, and I need 300 min for a new class, or 600 for the one I was actually shooting for.

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2015
    You can buy that particular currency in batches of lots from the market for not much credits or some argents. No biggie.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    No one told me the Upper Atlus was akin to Path of Exiles skill sphere.

AAAAAAAAH.

Thankfully its less of a "HAHAHAHA YOU FUCKED NOW SON" sphere grid and more of a progress to the class you want while getting ever more powerful sphere grid.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited July 2015
    So some observations after playing a little bit longer.

It's not really what I'd call an MMO. More akin to whatever genre title that GW1 and Vindictus holds. This isn't a bad thing of course. I'm up to just a hair under 1600 Prestige now, and have been enjoying it quite a bit. Even laid down $7 to get some Skyforge Funbux, which also got me a 'first-time purchase' gift that included a mount.

Anyone worried about the cap probably shouldn't be. From what I understand you won't run into it your first week unless you're already at 5k Prestige. The weekly cap goes up each week by 1000 I believe... And from what I've read the Russian OBT is currently at 26k for a cap for the ones who started the first week.

Arthil on
    I hit 2100 prestige, got my order stuff started. Game really gets more and more interesting as it goes along. Enjoying lightbinder still, 2 nodes from getting Necromancer unlocked.

Had a guy in a group today complain that I was support and not dps.

While he was a paladin.

we already had a knight with us.

Pugs amirite.

n1woEHJ.png
    Okay, so turns out I was wrong. I had not yet hit cap. It was not giving me the right rewards at the time though, so I dunno what the hell that was about.

M A G I K A Z A M