As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SchlitzKrieg 2015! Beer-->Here (Brewery Tour):

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    I got nowhere to be that evening. Keep it rolling!!

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• tac042tac042 Registered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »

I agree. Depending on things I might be coming into town early on the 26th, so starting earlier that 9 would be a challenge for me. But staying out later sounds good!

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    tac042 wrote: »

I agree. Depending on things I might be coming into town early on the 26th, so starting earlier that 9 would be a challenge for me. But staying out later sounds good!

Yeah, everybody can nap on the way back if they're tired but getting an early start kinda sucks for everyone, including the brewers.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    edited July 2015
    If we stretch it to 45 minute stops, we'll get back to the Sheraton at 9pm. Here's what the itinerary would look like:

7:30 am Pre-Funk Breakfast at the Athenian for anyone who feels like coming out
    9:00 am Van Leaves from the Seattle Sheraton
    SEATTLE
    9:30 – 10:15 am Lantern Brewing
    EDMONDS
    10:45 – 11:30 pm Salish Sea Brewing
    LYNNWOOD
    11:45 – 12:30 pm Big E Ales Lunch Stop
    EVERETT
    1:00 – 1:45 pm Aesir Meadery
    1:50 - 2:30 pm Justice Brewing
    2:30 – 3:30 PM Scenic route from Everett to Mt Vernon, 1 hour (Includes stop for photos and local Cascade ice cream at the Snow Goose Stand)
    MT. VERNON
    3:30 – 4:15pm North Sound Brewing
    4:15 – 5:30 PM Scenic route from Mt Vernon to Bellingham, 1 hour 15 mins (Includes stops for photos)
    BELLINGHAM
    5:30 pm - 7:00 pm - Drinker’s Choice! Choose one or both. Happy Hour /Dinner Stop
    Boundary Bay Brewery
    Aslan Brewing
    7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Direct interstate route back to Seattle. Nappy Time!
    8:30 pm Arrive back at Sheraton

LexiconGrrl on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Oh man, our kriegs are totally going to get schlitzed

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited July 2015
    Shout out to folks who haven't weighed in on the schedule change proposal - whaddaya think?
    @DeathNTaxes
    @Baka Al
    @MagnusCarter
    @chaosisorder

Haven't purchased tickets yet, but still looking for your input:
    @thedivh +3
    @Shooer +1
    @MrBroadstone
    @tac042 +1

LexiconGrrl on
  • Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    Definetly agree we need to stretch out the stops to 45 mins with the numbers we're looking at, so I'm fine with early start later finish option.
    And def recommend people grab the breakfast at Athenian

@tac042 - Welcome Aboard!

• tac042tac042 Registered User regular
    :D

New Team Names are up - just speak up if you want to change teams at any point.

Sterling Archer
    Magnum is not Blue Steel

• ThedivhThedivh Registered User new member
    Shout out to folks who haven't weighed in on the schedule change proposal - whaddaya think?
    @DeathNTaxes
    @Baka Al
    @MagnusCarter
    @chaosisorder

Haven't purchased tickets yet, but still looking for your input:
    @thedivh +3
    @Shooer +1
    @MrBroadstone
    @tac042 +1

Schedule looks good, in Canada so shot you a pm with address info.

• SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Serenity wrote: »
    awww sadface. I'm rolling in on the 27th :-(

Booo :(

LOL, maybe meet up at the beer tasting thing again? Or I'm going to put the feelers out for another beer exchange. Hopefully there's still enough interest!

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    If we stretch it to 45 minute stops, we'll get back to the Sheraton at 9pm. Here's what the itinerary would look like:
    SEATTLE
    9:30 – 10:45 am Lantern Brewing
    Quick question - if we're doing 45 minute stops, why's this one 75? Typo, or am I missing something else?

Also, a 12 hour tour will make for a very long day, especially with beers thrown in. I'm certainly willing to drive your beery selves around for whatever you choose . . .

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

It's certainly a long day, but think of all the beers you'll be owed at the end...

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • BrandobarisBrandobaris SeattleRegistered User regular
    Just bought tickets for my wife and myself. This years tour looks great, we're excited that we have the time to go this year.

PSN: Brandobaris
    3DS: 0817-4905-9201
    XBL: Brandobaris
    Khadour wrote: »
    SEATTLE
    Quick question - if we're doing 45 minute stops, why's this one 75? Typo, or am I missing something else?
    Because I had a stupid. THERE. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!?!
    Also, a 12 hour tour will make for a very long day, especially with beers thrown in. I'm certainly willing to drive your beery selves around for whatever you choose . . .
    Yeah, I was thinking about that. I'll see if I can convince someone to spell you halfway through.

SEATTLE
    Yeah, I was thinking about that. I'll see if I can convince someone to spell you halfway through.

Wingardium Beeriosa!!!

• MrBroadstoneMrBroadstone Registered User regular
    Bought me a ticket.

edited July 2015
    SEATTLE

Wingardium Beeriosa!!!

Need a commercial license?

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

SEATTLE

Wingardium Beeriosa!!!

Need a commercial license?

Nope, just a sober person. I think we've got it.

Bought me a ticket.

You got a Golden Ticket?

I need a responsible early bird to go with me to pick up vans on the morning of the tour and drive one back. It would be around 7am, I will pick you up and you would follow me back from the rental place, which is on the East Side and a 20 minute drive.

Any volunteers?

I need a responsible early bird to go with me to pick up vans on the morning of the tour and drive one back. It would be around 7am, I will pick you up and you would follow me back from the rental place, which is on the East Side and a 20 minute drive.

Any volunteers?

On one hand, I like driving and I like to help. On the other hand, I've never driven in Seattle.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

Any volunteers?

On one hand, I like driving and I like to help. On the other hand, I've never driven in Seattle.

Only do what you're comfortable with. I take 4 tons of fast moving steel very seriously.

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    SEATTLE
    Yes, yes I am :)
    I wasn't so much worried about myself, as those participating. I do long distance and time driving fine. A 12 hour day of drinking will take it out of you, and even after 8 hours of brewery hopping you are pretty worn out.

If you need me to come with you to pick up the vans, I can certainly do that. They might want to have my license info on file anyway, no?

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

SEATTLE
    Yes, yes I am :)
    I wasn't so much worried about myself, as those participating. I do long distance and time driving fine. A 12 hour day of drinking will take it out of you, and even after 8 hours of brewery hopping you are pretty worn out.

Yeah, the first year was a 12 hour tour and it was pretty exhausting. We did twice as many breweries that year though, and with a gentler schedule this year that has two long legs of scenic driving and a more comfortable seating arrangement, I'm hopeful that folks will get to nap when they want. The 90 minute drive back to the city is definitely prime nappy time.

If you're down for driving the whole day, that's cool. I don't expect other people to have the work stamina that I do, so please, please opt out on the first segment if you feel like it. Safety is #1 first priority with our precious cargo.
    If you need me to come with you to pick up the vans, I can certainly do that. They might want to have my license info on file anyway, no?

I rent from them a lot and would have 'borrowed' your license for the pickup, but if you also want to be there in person to help drive vans back that would be sweet!!! I'll PM you closer to and we can make pickup plans. Thanks!

I would think (hope (pray)) the two food stops and the drive time should mitigate some fatigue. I've also had...a history of successful pub crawls.

While it's been years since those days, my opinion might be biased a little.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    edited July 2015
    People don't always realize that Western Washington had massive stands of virgin cedar trees like the Redwoods in California, except that we didn't protect them. Through the 1950's, there were still massive stumps around, that including this one which is still around and is preserved at a rest stop, where you can take your picture inside.

You all want to stop at the stump, or you want to drive through the Res and see the rainforest?

tbpx6wpjnw9p.jpg

bsw5h8der94c.jpg

LexiconGrrl on
    Rainforest is my vote.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• KevralynKevralyn Registered User regular
    Naturally I would like to sign up. Pref for team Fuggles, but no real worries. I don't intend to compete in anything.

Also of course, paying from a non-Us location.

Dominic
    sig.gif
    And that's it! Tour is full. The next jump would be 10 people on a Waitlist, which would give us 30 and we could get a bus, though I think the vans are going to be pretty comfortable this year.
    Kevralyn wrote: »
    Naturally I would like to sign up. Pref for team Fuggles, but no real worries. I don't intend to compete in anything.

I'll shoot you an invoice tomorrow. Stuck you in the last spot on another team for now but there's plenty of time to shuffle around.

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Are we still voting between the stump and the rainforest? If yes, I vote rainforest.

Are we still voting between the stump and the rainforest? If yes, I vote rainforest.

Ok. Do keep in mind though, that it's a populated reservation so the foresty bits are interspersed with lived-on properties. It's kind of like Endor sometimes, and sometimes it's not.

Ok. Do keep in mind though, that it's a populated reservation so the foresty bits are interspersed with lived-on properties. It's kind of like Endor sometimes, and sometimes it's not.

Ooh! Are there ... speeder bikes?

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

Ooh! Are there ... speeder bikes?

It's recently been a fairly economically depressed area, so there's probably... speed?

And I just did a quick google drive through of that part of the tour just to see how it's changed since I was last there a few years back. It's been pretty heavily developed and there aren't any giant groves along the main drag where we'll drive anymore - there are still some farther in, but that would take a significant detour and gobble up a lot of time that we could spend drinking beer. The drive is still pretty though, and once you get past the town of Tulalip, it's very new-growth foresty and shady and pleasant. We'll detour down to Kayak Point park to stretch our legs and take some bomb ass photos. I'll see if I can shoehorn a good break into the schedule there so you guys can tool around in the tidepools and take your shoes off to wade a little bit.

Kayak Point Beach Trail

Kayak Point Beach
    348s.jpg

I withdraw my vote and defer to the wisdom of my tour guide.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

I withdraw my vote and defer to the wisdom of my tour guide.

No takebacksies.

Kevralyn wrote: »

@Kevralyn - sent you a PM

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Do you still need a second shift driver?

ETA: NM. I don't think I could make it from lower Queen Anne up to Mt Vernon or Bellingham effectively enough to relieve someone.

vespachica on
    ufq9gj8383nh.png

vespachica wrote: »
    Do you still need a second shift driver?

ETA: NM. I don't think I could make it from lower Queen Anne up to Mt Vernon or Bellingham effectively enough to relieve someone.

We're all set but thanks for the offer!