As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DnD Adventures League at PAX Prime!

TimoonTimoon Occupied Canada Registered User regular
As we wait for the schedule here is some info on playing DnD at PAX Prime 2015!!

It will be located at the Hyatt Olive 8 hotel, on the third floor, 2 rooms about 20 tables running the following adventures:

this season 3 introductory adventure
DDEX03-01 Harried In Hillsfar- In the village of Elventree, near the oppressive city of Hillsfar, a recent string of strange occurrences has the locals on edge. The factions have gathered here on the borders of the forest of Cormanthor to determine what’s happening. Is this the machinations of Hillsfar, or something more? A series of 5 short, (1 Hour) introductory adventures.

A Regional Premier of DDEX03-02 Shackles of Blood-The Red Plumes have increased patrols in the region surrounding Hillsfar, and a string of disappearances has followed in their wake. Naturally, this has roused the suspicion of the factions. Join your factions and find out the truth behind the missing farmers. A 4 hour adventure for levels 1 to 4
Fai Chen’s Fantastical Faire is scheduled to be on site. A valid PAX Prime pass will be required to join this event.

DM shifts are 10 - 2; 2-6; 6-10 each day except Monday that will only have a 10-2 and a 2 - 6 Shift. If you want to play seating for the 4 hour would start just before each shift, seating will be limited arrive early!

Here is more info on season 3 and the Adventures League, don't pick up a premade! make your own and bring it (see the adventures league rules for restrictions). The Basic rules are free!

http://dnd.wizards.com/playevents/expeditions
http://dndadventurersleague.org/
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/events/adventurers-league-resources

They are still looking for DMs. You could get a pass if you don't have one. Please email advleague.mlewis@gmail.com if you are interested.

I am a DM for this, but not the one running it, wanted to get it out to the Forum, in case we had some DM's who are in need of a pass to attend. It is a great time as these adventures would have had their world premiere at GEN CON only a few weeks before PAX and are not able to be played in stores until after PAX.

• Options
    ForwardForward Registered User regular
    i'm sure i'm not looking in the right form, but are these level 1 characters we would be playing with?

• Options
    DracoprimusDracoprimus Registered User new member
    I'm the one organizing the event.
    DDEX3-1 is meant for level 1-2 characters. DDEX3-2 is meant for level 1-4 characters. I am looking into having a level 5-10 adventure available for those with higher level characters.

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    I shall certainly be looking to play some D&D at PAX this year, so I'll be keen to play this or any other session that's being offered. Just as an aside, at what time will these sessions be held? I ask this as I'll likely be in the show floor while its open for most of the time so I'd hope this would be in the evening or late afternoon.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    i'm sure i'm not looking in the right form, but are these level 1 characters we would be playing with?
    I'm the one organizing the event.
    DDEX3-1 is meant for level 1-2 characters. DDEX3-2 is meant for level 1-4 characters. I am looking into having a level 5-10 adventure available for those with higher level characters.

Yes and No.

If you saved a character from a prior PAX, or play at your local game store, or even on-line and bring a higher level character you could play it. Now Harried In Hillsfar-DDEX3-1 is only for 1st or 2nd Level, but is 5 1 hour mini adventures. You could pick up a premade or bring a 1st level, play a few of the 1 hour sessions, gain 2nd level and then go into a 4 hour playing of DDEX03-02 Shackles of Blood later in the weekend. and it would be possible to maybe gain 3rd level by the end of the weekend. Of course if your playing adventures league at your local store you could bring your already 3rd of 4th level and in the 4 hour as well.

So, if you don't have a prior adventures league character, you start at 1st Level.

• Options
    kropotkin wrote: »
    I shall certainly be looking to play some D&D at PAX this year, so I'll be keen to play this or any other session that's being offered. Just as an aside, at what time will these sessions be held? I ask this as I'll likely be in the show floor while its open for most of the time so I'd hope this would be in the evening or late afternoon.

The 4 hour adventures will be starting at 10 AM 2 PM and 6 PM on Friday, Sat, and Sun and and 10 AM and 2 PM on Monday (subject to change)
    The 1 hour sessions would start and 10 AM and reseat about every hour (last seating with time to finish before 10 PM or 6 PM on Monday) or so. There are 5 of them so you could get up to 5 hours of play from these. How long will you have to wait to play? depends on supply of DM's and tables and demand.

Hope to see you at a table!

• Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Never played, but sounds like a good time! Is this something you just sign up for at PAX?

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    I'll make sure I make time for the 6pm session on Friday then. I get onto the show floor 1 hour earlier that day anyway so that works out very well. Do we sign up somewhere for these? That normally happens at other expos I've been to.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    kropotkin wrote: »
    I'll make sure I make time for the 6pm session on Friday then. I get onto the show floor 1 hour earlier that day anyway so that works out very well. Do we sign up somewhere for these? That normally happens at other expos I've been to.

In the past it has been line up and they they grab the 1st 7 people and continue until the tables are full. But this year could be different

• Options
    Fenrisfang wrote: »
    Never played, but sounds like a good time! Is this something you just sign up for at PAX?

In the past it has been line up and they they grab the 1st 7 people and continue until the tables are full. But this year could be different. For the 4 hour if you did not get in you would have to wait until the next 4 hour, for the 1 hour tables finish about the same time but keep rotating. again going by past years.

• Options
    TashannocTashannoc Registered User regular
    So is there even LESS space for D&D this year than there was last year? I was really hoping it would expand a little bit. I knew it wouldn't head back to the annex basement (sad trombone), but thought there was enough interest last year to warrant more space.

Is Baldman running things again this year? I certainly hope so, because their insistence on scheduling was the only thing that got so many people through last year.

To chime in on logistics: it's been 1st come 1st served for quite a few years now. I expect that to keep up. The only exception was the special event adventure that ran on Sunday Night last year. For that they had a sign up and raffle.

Regardless, D&D is one of my favorite things at PAX every year. I'm looking forward to it!

• Options
    LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    Just a thread bump, since this hasn't had a post in a month, and people might not know to go to page 3 of these forums to find D&D Adventurers League info.

It's almost showtime! Bring your Adventurers League characters and join a session, or come try it out using a pre-generated character that you'll be able to use in the sessions.

• Options
    LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    I've been trying to figure out the date and times that Fai Chen’s Fantastical Faire is opened, does anyone know the schedule for it?

• Options
    LetMeIn wrote: »
    I've been trying to figure out the date and times that Fai Chen’s Fantastical Faire is opened, does anyone know the schedule for it?

Not been announced, but should be at least one hour per day of pax.

• Options
    Something to remember....

Your DM's and Support Staff for Adventures League Play is completely volunteer run for this year, other than maybe getting a pass, all the DM and support staff are doing this for the love of the game, give them extra Thank You! If not for the extra efforts of a few, no tabletop DnD would be played at PAX this year. So keep it in mind as you wait for your game and hope to see some of you at my table!

• Options
    LetMeInLetMeIn Registered User regular
    any clue if they plan to release a schedule for it? I'm new to DnD,only playing for a few months,so I'm still trying to figure things out but a month ago I rolled a 98 and now I need to stop in and return an item I've found. Not knowing the time it is opened makes it hard to get there in time

• Options
    LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    If we don't get an answer before the show, and I get word of the Fai Chen's Fantastical Faire hours during the show, I'll send out a tweet about it. Feel free to follow me at @Lackey on twitter.

Lackey on
  • Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    It will also be retweeted by the @TT_HQ account.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho