As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skyforge - New MMORPG by Allods Team and Westernization by Obsidian

• EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    No one told me the Upper Atlus was akin to Path of Exiles skill sphere.

AAAAAAAAH.

It's really oversimplified though. You can't actually screw up much.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Its actually very important to right click the class you want and let it auto plot the path for you. Theres some icons, they look pink and require a light blue diamond looking item, that you can't unlock until about 35k prestige apparently. So the gunner, if you're trying to rush there, can't just curve around under the original starting node, and have to go past necromancer then back around the lower path, since the original and fastest path is blocked by those stones.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I've noticed that Slayer, Necromancer, Archer and Kinetic are the closest class nodes to your starting position in the sphere. Personally I have decided that while I WANT Berserker, I'm gonna stop by Slayer first just to have something new to play(and cause HOLY SHIT you're Kratos with that class).

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    They're really fucking devious. Sometimes when picking a mission you'll get a pop up saying you can play as a different class. After trying Warlock/Witch I'm really hankerin' for that unlock. I think i'm going to hit up Necro then push to Warlock afterwards.

n1woEHJ.png
    @CorriganX You can also try out ANY class in the training room after getting a little bit of Prestige.

@CorriganX You can also try out ANY class in the training room after getting a little bit of Prestige.

I'm almost 3k prestige. Theres a big difference between trying them out in the training room and doing a regular mission with them, its a lot more interesting in the mission.

Also the warlock/witch dash is CRAZY far. So awesome.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

I'm almost 3k prestige. Theres a big difference between trying them out in the training room and doing a regular mission with them, its a lot more interesting in the mission.

Man, I already loved the witch from the little bit in the training room. Don't make me want it more!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    @KY13
    ky13 wrote: »
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    H0b0man wrote: »
    So this game is interesting. A million currencies used to progress your character, but I like the setting and premise a bunch.

Anybody start a PA pantheon yet?

I was wondering the same. I'm somewhat close, cash wish, to being able to afford it, and I know @Pixelated pixie was interested in starting one up. Do we have one somewhere?

Last page:
    ky13 wrote: »
    I've set up a Pantheon called Fireflies. Anyone is welcome to join. My character name is Teldra Smushy.

Not sure if it's PA specific, but it's there I guess

I just made the Fireflies Pantheon for 4 of us playing in the same room over the weekend. It's not PA-specific other than the fact that we're all people who go to PAX. =)

Looks like 4 is the max until you upgrade, and I accidentally started a different upgrade, so it could be a while before I could add more people.
    That's not entirely true. The base size is three "clans" of 4 people each, so a baby guild can hold 12 people. Being in different "clans" has literally zero effect - everyone is still in the same guild. It's just that the names will be listed on a different page on the roster.

@Arthil
    I've noticed that Slayer, Necromancer, Archer and Kinetic are the closest class nodes to your starting position in the sphere. Personally I have decided that while I WANT Berserker, I'm gonna stop by Slayer first just to have something new to play(and cause HOLY SHIT you're Kratos with that class).
    Slayer is my #1 target right now, but I think Kinetic might be my #2. The Kinetic didn't really grab me in the training hall, but I'm seeing some outright cra-zee DPS numbers in videos of that thing!

@Pixelated Pixie

Man, I already loved the witch from the little bit in the training room. Don't make me want it more!
    I thought it played weird in the training room, and then I got one of those missions where you have to play a different class and it was Warlock. Playing that thing in a mission was WAY different and I was instantly in love with it. Too bad it's going to take about 17 years to get to the unlock! At least I'll have Slay and Kinetic (and likely Archer) to keep me busy on the way there.

On the other hand, I found Necromancer to be confusing (at best) in training and tried it on a mission. Oh. My. God. So. Confusing!! I'm sure someone will love that class, but that someone is most definitely not me!!

Stupid on

26904.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Heh, I did a mission as a Monk today.

My reaction while playing Monk, "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON BUT EVERYTHING IS DYING! WEEEEEEEE!"

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    Holy shit the clan/pantheon stuff is fucking obtuse. Well I made a new pantheon since @ky13 said his only had room for 4, and started working on upgrading room for more, but it turns out we have 6/12 slots apparently. :p Oh well. If anyone needs a pantheon to call home we have room for now.

n1woEHJ.png
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Oh man, I love needlessly complicated classes, what's with the necro in this game?

@CorriganX Well, seems a starter Pantheon actually has room for 12 people. 4 per three different 'clans' within the Pantheon. Oops! What's your in-game name?

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    @CorriganX What's your in game name/pantheon. I'd def like to get an invite.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Same. I'm really enjoying this game and would like to play with some PA mans.

M A G I K A Z A M
    I'm Sidaltus Veirn ingame, the Pantheon is Woe Bundy.

We're at 9/12 atm, working on another 3 slots as we get more order stuff done.

I started playing 3ish days ago, capped my sparks for the week. Im currently at 259 greens out of 325 greens I need. I have all the rest I would need to hit necromancer. Oh well, gotta wait until tomorrow looks like. :p

n1woEHJ.png
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Just did the training room for necro, monk and gunner...They probably should of had one of those right off the bat, they're pretty interesting.

Unlocked Necromancer, immediately switched to Necro in the region I was in. Got destroyed in 2 seconds. Really need to gear up and practice necromancer before I take it into the thick of things.

n1woEHJ.png
    Tell me about the Necromancer, please.

You have summoning stance, you have lich stance, you have normal stance. Your lich form lasts depending on how much mana you have, and your skills cost health and give you mana. So you trade different attacks and stuff that lowers your health, which fills your mana, which you then use to transfer into lich form. Its complicated, but interesting so far.

n1woEHJ.png
    Okay so did a mission(Poorly) as necromancer.

Your combos are decent. Right click is an area spell, Left right, and left left right are your basic combos. Left left left works too, but doesnt do as much damage

If you LLR and kill something, you can use E to drop the body of what you killed and do more damage. No.2 is your skull throw ability, costs health, gives you mana. Z switches to summoner form. 1 is tanky pet, taunt-ish snakes. 2 is aoe caster spider person. 3 is a single target summon.

C groups up non-boss mobs, drags them underground, and shoves them away from you. When you use this, sometimes you summon more ghosts to help you fight.

4 is a statue you summon, when you place it it remembers how much health you had, then you can cast all your spells to lower your own health. When timers up it moves you to where the statue was and refills your health to what it was when you placed statue.

Lich form is 3, it auto triggers when you run out of health, or you can activate it. In lich form your left click applies stacks of dots, your right click heals you for how many dots you have up. The dots also trickle health to you. You get 1 second of lich for for every 10 mana you have, your mana is capped at 100.

Basically drop your aoes, summon something, spam your skull throw while your health lowers and your mana refills. Either let something hit you and go to lich form, or cap your mana and go to lich form, spam your left click then right before leaving lich form, right click to refill health and go back to normal stance. Repeat.

Pretty okay so far, you can only summon 1 pet at a time, it has a time limit on it and the cooldown is a bit longer than the duration of the pet.

Overall pretty tricky to figure out at the start, but its getting there.

n1woEHJ.png
    Wow, interesting!

Also another thing, I was wondering why the clan menu wouldnt let me add 4 people to clans 2 and 3. Turns out you need 1 commander per clan, so 3 officers for the default, and then you can put 3 more in the clans. Right now my pantheon is up to 11/12 members, so if you want in hit me up and i'll try to catch you online.

n1woEHJ.png
    Did you get my friend invite last night? I haven't really been able to log in today to see if You invited me to the pantheon.

M A G I K A Z A M
    heenato wrote: »
    Did you get my friend invite last night? I haven't really been able to log in today to see if You invited me to the pantheon.

I went to bed a little after my last post, I didnt see anything pop up when I logged in. Do friend requests work while logged out? I dont think pantheon invites do.

n1woEHJ.png
    edited July 2015
    heenato wrote: »

I went to bed a little after my last post, I didnt see anything pop up when I logged in. Do friend requests work while logged out? I dont think pantheon invites do.
    They probably don't then. Alright, I'll message you when I get home later.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
    The Fireflies Pantheon has completed the first three upgrades (4 clans of 6 people each) and now has space for 20 more people.

The next upgrade is going to cost 2,000,000 credits (yes, 2 million) so it probably would be a lot more efficient if we all chose the same group.

You can catch @ky13 as Teldra Smushy or me as Penric Dreaver for an invite. We're both West Coasters, if time zones are your kinda thing.

26904.png
    I'll have to take you guys up on that later today.

Axen Moon would be the name.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    One thing that kind of annoyed me playing lightbender is the game gets really finicky from time to time switching from targeting allies and targeting enemies. It is REALLY unfriendly to changing your keymapping because the toggle from shifting to hostile to allied seems hard coded to T and does not appear to be remappable.

Yeah, but once you get the hang of it, its not bad. T and F are keys I keep bound to stuff in other games, so I just pretend like they're used for specific things here. :p

I still prefer lightbinder over necro, but I'm having some fun with learning necro. I don't think they do a shitton of damage, but they have lots of survivability tricks.

n1woEHJ.png
    I would be okay if it was just labled in the control setup as hard coded its really easy to not realize that and wind up screwing yourself over with no clear way of determining what exactly is broken and why. But yes lightbinder aside from that annoyance is actually pretty fun. Good mix of damage and support abilities and the abilities are pretty satisfying to use.

I had no idea you could lock onto a target with F until I saw a loading screen tip. Its super useful, especially for specific boss fights, like the one with the hands coming out. Need to keep an eye out for those healy hands while dpsing.

n1woEHJ.png
    edited July 2015
    kaid wrote: »
    One thing that kind of annoyed me playing lightbender is the game gets really finicky from time to time switching from targeting allies and targeting enemies. It is REALLY unfriendly to changing your keymapping because the toggle from shifting to hostile to allied seems hard coded to T and does not appear to be remappable.

The rebinding of keys is certainly a gripe of mine. Not a major gripe, but not a minor one either.

Mainly because some keys do two different things and you can rebind one to do C instead of A, but no matter what it will also always do B.

For instance having spacebar being the interact key was weird to me. Accidentally jumping around instead of interacting with something because I wasn't quite at the right spot was annoying. So I changed some keys around and eventually ended up with F as my interact key. Unfortunately F is hardbound as the "complete mission" button and I quickly realized I couldn't actually loot the last boss's loot box at the end of an adventure because of it.

I had also changed TAB to be the target enemy button (edit- I mean lock on), but lo and behold it is also hardbound as the change target button so that didn't really work either.

So at the end of the day while the game ostensible gives you the option to rebind keys you're better off leaving them as default since many of them are hardbound to a secondary task.

Axen on
    edited July 2015
    It is a pretty common issue in games early releases but not being able to rebind well is always a hit against a game for me. I detest wasd when you shift it to esdf and you are ON THE HOME ROW. Why wasd became a thing I will never know.

kaid on
    This is why programmable keyboards are such a nice thing for gaming :)

26904.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Before I left, I was trying to decide if I wanted to be a Knight or a Monk.

But now it looks like tanks aren't actually rare anyway. What are the other healer classes?

Because if there's an equivalent to Bear Shaman, then fuck yeah.

What is this I don't even.
    They're definitely NOT healers, but the other support is Alchemist.

n1woEHJ.png
    edited July 2015
    @Stupid @CorriganX I agree we should really only have one Pantheon, but from what I understand Stupid's was made with a bunch of his friends? The one Corrigan made is already 12/12, so that didn't take long. We should decide on what to do before people start splitting into two different groups xP

I only say this cause Pantheon's actually seem to be an important thing in the game later on.
    They're definitely NOT healers, but the other support is Alchemist.

And yeah there are no healers, don't let the Lightbinders appearance fool you. They shoot God-Lasers.

Arthil on
    Stupid wrote: »
    This is why programmable keyboards are such a nice thing for gaming :)

only problem with this game is there seems to be a fair amount of hard coded things that are also used for other things so it is really hard to remap them well even with a programable keyboard due to that. It just seems like one of those games where you probably will wind up being forced to stick with the default key layout for the moment just to avoid unexpected multi binding problems.

It doesn't matter TOO much at this point, but I will mention once more that our little Fireflies Pantheon is already upgraded a bit and we have room for 20 people currently. Last night we queued the next upgrade which should add another 8 slots. (It might already be done by now, but I couldn't verify that since they were doing maintenance this morning). @CorriganX 's Pantheon is currently capped for membership, and I don't know the status of any queued upgrades. And (as I mentioned and CorriganX can confirm) some of those upgrades are CRAZEY expensive. Two million credits is one of the lowest cost ones!

One of the bad things about this game is that the documentation really stinks and it took me a solid few hours to work out which Pantheon upgrades did what, and which ones to prioritize. Currently I have an upgrade path to unlock guild buffs and guild missions, but it will take about 4.5 Million credits and about 5000 Construction Resources. I have no problem passing that knowledge on if we want to all join Woe Bundy.

26904.png
    I really really wish I knew what half these buff/debuff icons meant.

n1woEHJ.png