As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MTG] Origins Spoilers! Elf Tribal! Goblin Piledriver! Demonic "Vorthos All Star" Pact!

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    oh that's adorable

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    edited July 2015
    http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/catching-2015-07-22

UR was pretty good this week. I'm gonna be real into this if they keep doing this 'each story follows the last' thing

The Betgirl on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Kelly definitely seems like the best writer (or most well-suited to the task) of the folks that have done UR in the past year or so.

And Jace is totally Tom Cruise of the Multiverse. Probably a Scientologist to boot.

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    I keep trying to find brews to put Sword of the Animist in.

It's the closest to playable Equipment we've had in a while

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    got my 4th soulfire grand master in the mail today

just waiting for cfb to process my store credit and I can finally finish this deck

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I would just get a couple now and wait for Landfall, myself.

Otherwise, uh, Blue/Green Great Aurora shenanigans?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    I've slowly come to the realization that I like w/r as a color pairing, I just don't like the boros legion

also I like most red spells but don't like most red creatures

The fact that it only fetches basics makes it tough... but it'd probably be broken otherwise.

Like if it could get nonbasics it would probably be great in Hooglands deck. Turns on Thopter Spy Network and ramps you. And control decks want lots of mana. But he's not running a ton of basics.

Does The Great Aurora effect count tokens?

Yes.

I can't see anyway to make that card playable.

It's gonna happen, and you can't stop me.

(It probably won't happen)

Duels Origins will be on steam next wednesday! Here's a game informer review

edited July 2015
    So I was thinking about Tickles Rally deck and watching his match against Hoogland.

Obviously the Artifact blockers are a huge deal for the deck. So are Counterspells.

So how can the deck improve it's board for those matchups?

Possibilities:

- Purphoros: alt win con. If you can cast him before rallying you don't even nessecarily need to attack and even if you do, Husk/Initimidate schenanigans may not be nessecary. Now Purph is expensive to cast and if you mill him, that sucks cause you can't rally him back (you'll never have devotion and he's not a creature in the yard). But it would get around Thopters.

- that said, Counterspells are a huge issue. Not just from Hooglands deck, but from Control in general. It's possible the deck has enough ways to get Rally out of the yard (jace, Den protector) that it works out. But Id like some more insurance. I noted a 1-of Stratus Dancer in Tickke's board - which seems to be a concession to that possibility, but is hella clunky.

Id like to swap that out for Swan Song. Since it can't block your husks, you don't care about the bird token at all. It's 1 mana too which is easy to leave up when your Rallying. Plus even Milling it over isn't then end of the world. You could theoretically even target it with a Jace Minus THEN cast Rally from the hand and say "ok, you need to burn two counters this turn." Additionally it could be relevant against Abzan Control decks featuring both Black Blockers And removal.

APODionysus on
    edited July 2015
    Purph is a creature in the graveyard.

From a magic judge ""Is Thassa in the graveyard? It's a creature. Is Thassa in your hand? It's a creature. In your shoe? Creature. Did you eat it? Still a creature.""

Radius on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Yeah, the gods are always creatures everywhere except the battlefield. You can Rally Purph back, though he's a mana more expensive than all the other creatures in the deck.

Well then he'd stand as a decent sideboard option.

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    How do we feel about this

@knob

gtvkkdvdelwp.jpg
    nl1o6zf4lqtr.jpg

needs 4th aetherspouts imo

Cut something

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the thing about aetherspouts is you only have to cast one aetherspouts before your opponent has to play around it forever

liEt3nH.png
    I wasn't making a serious suggestion

I have no idea how to play turbofog

I just like aetherspouts a whole bunch

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    my gut says more negate because we can't beat an ugin and dromoka's sucks

but yeah, i dunno what to cut. with the revealing wind making 12 fogs, is 3 days undoing overkill?

spitballing. gonna proxy that out and play it against my homeboy tonight

The only justification I had for going down to 2 negate was ugin costs 8 and you're drawing a lot of cards so hope you hit one before they hit 8 mana. Dromoka's command sucks but thankfully it's not targeted removal so hopefully you'll have one of the redundant card draw enchantments to sacrifice so your only wincon, tutelage, doesn't get hit. And after sideboard you can move in more counterspells depending on your opponent.

I love turbofog, you guys. Like too much.

Oh and @knob day's undoing at 3 sounds appropriate in my head but is something I can absolutely see changing after testing. One thing people don't realize about decks like this is you draw a lot of cards so even if you only have one or two of something you'll still see it more often than not.

i lost a 'win and prizes' match because i forgot to float my mana before scapeshifting bc i am a dummy

how the fuck do i not own a single winds of qal sisma

Whippy wrote: »
    Oh and @knob day's undoing at 3 sounds appropriate in my head but is something I can absolutely see changing after testing. One thing people don't realize about decks like this is you draw a lot of cards so even if you only have one or two of something you'll still see it more often than not.

this is exactly where i was going. i got it built and am doing some goldfishing

and we go through cards FUCKING FAST

given that days undoing is 'break glass in case of emergency', i can absolutely see only running 2.

Negates seem fine for now, but might be better in the board.

Depends on your meta, I guess.

Really just a placeholder for the Hedron Crab reprint

Looting decisions are initially harder than i thought they'd be. i was prioritizing pitching excess land, but i really kind of underestimated how much you comfortably want on the table.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    how the fuck do i not own a single winds of qal sisma

maybe you never drafted any because you're a smart person

i only did 2 FRF drafts

come to think of it, i hardly bought any either

well, there you go

I do agree with cutting some number of Days Undoing from the original list. Frankly I do want to try the three mana Fog in some number. It's not ideal, but I think it can work.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Did any of those matches end up on camera? I need to see how this plays

I think round 5 featured turbo fog

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I think round 5 featured turbo fog

Also the last round of day 1. 9 I think?

Quire.jpg
    since it's gonna come up, what's the proper way to resolve multiple monastery siege triggers? draw two, discard one, then draw one discard one? can i arrange dictate triggers ahead of them, or do seige triggers take priority since they specify the beginning of the draw step?

• KharnorKharnor Registered User regular
    You draw your card for the turn first, then all your triggers go on the stack in the order of your choosing.

So yes you can draw off your dictates before your sieges, and you will have to discard from your first siege trigger before drawing from the second.

also, that match is amazing

"am i dead? it's unclear. who's winning? we don't know"

• KharnorKharnor Registered User regular
    Haha yes I have the biggest grin on my face watching this

This discussion has been closed.