As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pBp][IKRPG] Bitter Medicine - Adventure Over! Thanks for Playing!

1111213141517»

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Rookwood: 1/0/4, DEF:13, ARM:13, FP:0, Crippled AGI (-2 DEF)
    Driver/Veteran: 3, DEF:14, ARM: 11, FP:1 DEAD
    Veteran 2: 8, DEF:14, ARM: 11, FP:1, DEAD
    Veteran 3: 8, DEF:14, ARM: 11, FP:1 DEAD
    Veteran 4: 8, DEF:14, ARM: 11, FP:1 DEAD
    Rider 1: 8, DEF:13, ARM:11, DEAD
    Rider 2: 8, DEF:13, ARM:11, DEAD
    Rider 3: 8, DEF:13, ARM:11, DEAD
    Dr. Gateau: Inside
    The Roller: Damage Capacity:18, DEF:10, ARM:16, SPD:8, Damage Threshold: 4, Enclosed Body, Weapon Mount, Gun Ports.
    Aidan: 3/4/1, DEF:13, ARM:10, FP:2,
    Tavish: 7/3/3, DEF:9, ARM:15, FP:3
    Vetta: 0/1/1, DEF:9, ARM:16, FP:1, Armor Damage: -1 STR, Crippled STR (-2 STR)
    Geth Roll 3d6k2+7 for Human Salsa Part one
    Geth Roll 3d6k2+7 for Human Salsa Part two

Geth Roll 3d6k2+11 for Damage
    Geth Roll 3d6k2+11 More Damage

Tavish bellows, "I'll send you to Morrow for a cure if you won't share the damn doctor!"

He knee-reigns his steed toward the roller with seemingly perilous disregard for contact, but at the would be moment of impact, he checks his headlong plunge just enough - his intent was never to ram the roller, but only to bring Rockwood within the deceptively long reach of his blade.

He grunts in satisfaction as he lashes out with his axe, sinking it into Rockwood low, in his breadbasket and then across his hips.

Human Salsa Part one:
    3d6k2+7 17 [3d6k2=[5, 5], 4]
    Human Salsa Part two:
    3d6k2+7 15 [3d6k2=[4, 4], 1]
    Damage:
    3d6k2+11 22 [3d6k2=[6, 5], 3]
    More Damage:
    3d6k2+11 20 [3d6k2=[6, 3], 2]

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Yeah. That's some good human salsa-ing. Real good. And two sets of doubles, too!

Go ahead and feel free to narrate an appropriately gruesome death scene. I'll post a wrap up early next week.

Congratulations!!!!!

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    As Rockwood realizes the threat, he wheels, but he's too late and takes the full brunt of the axe. The first stroke parts the join between mail and plate and opens a maw in his midsection through which grey-green ropes covered in dark gore attempt to escape. Rockwood, stunned, takes no action to avoid the followup-stroke, which crashes into his thighs. Gore fountains past shards of femur as what's left of the bandit leader tumbles from the roller, falling out of sight under the wheels of the slowing vehicle.

With an ignominious bump, the heavy wagon that was to be his escape silences his death rattle instead.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    The sounds of the mountain fight seems to instantly stop the moment Rookwood's corpse lands. The winds still, and the horses pulling the Roller come to a gentle stop. The clomping of their hooves, labored breath and jangle of their harnesses are the only sounds to be heard. Even they fade into the background as the realization hits you. You've done it. You've killed the self-styled bandit king, Bayton Rookwood. True to his word, it wasn't the disease that finished him.

"'Allo?" comes a timid voice from within the Roller, "Is anyone still alive out there?" asks Dr. Gateau as he climbs out of the hatch. He does not look too worse for wear. A few bruises and a black eye where Rookwood likely slapped him around, but nothing more serious than that. "Oh! Its you! Magnifique! That was a 'orrible, 'orrible man. I am very glad he is dead. Merci! Merci! I shall always be in your debt!" Gateau approaches each of you, hugging you and pumping your arms with vigor. Multiple times. He then turns a trained medical eye on you. "Oh....you don't look so good. Do you have my medical bag? Where are the others? May we go find Alma now?"

Taking one of the spare horses for the doctor (and after filling your boots with whatever loot, ammo and supplies you can find) you make your way back to the shack designated as the rendez-vous point. The same one where you freed Vetta from her confinement. Along the way you exchange stories with Dr. Gateau about each of your adventures since the attack on the Gilded Star.

Within a few hours, you reach the shack again. Shael, standing guard in a well concealed position nods at you as you approach. In the fenced in area, Kaelin can be found working on Mr. Sifflets. Even the gobbers, Danner and Kranze, are there giving her a surprisingly helpful hand. As you dismount, Alma comes bursting out of the shack, wrapping her mentor in a hug, crying tears of joy. Dr. Gateau's shoulders finally release their tension and he accepts and returns the hug. "I am so glad you are safe, Doctor! Please, come inside. I have tea brewing, and also the beginnings of a cure for Bloody Sweat!! Oh, Doctor! I've been following your notes, and I'm sure this will work! Please, come check my work!" Dr. Gateau's fatherly love is immediately replaced by the studious professor persona and he adjusts his spectacles and follows her into the shack. Another few hours pass, and Dr. Gateau and Alma emerge from the shack with a number of syringes. Taking your medicine, you all settle in for the night. Your dreams that night are something that defies explanation, but the way you feel in the morning in 10 times better than you felt the night before. Amazing! The cure worked!

Returning that morning to the Gilded Star, you are relieved to see that it is still there, fully repaired and the steam engine running at idle. A great cheer erupts from the surviving passengers and you are hailed as returning heroes. The engineer meets with you as you are stowing your gear in the cargo car. "I'm glad you are back, and that you've found the Doctor. Scouts from Bainsmarket have found us, eager to put the good Doctor here to work. I've sent them off with word of the Wyrmwall Raider's attack. We'll likely see an assault force from the military passing us on the way into town. Come, we are late enough.

"Oh, and good work. The people of Bainsmarket will likely never know who you are, but know that in saving the Doctor and his cure you have also saved the entire city. You should be proud of yourselves. If nothing else, I'll see that you receive some kind of reward when we get back to the city. Cygnar cannot thank you enough."

@Nealneal @JohnnyCache @OtakuD00D

That's it! We're done the adventure!

If you guys want to continue, we can figure out where to go from here and I'll put a number on the assorted loot and XP that your characters would have earned, but for now, lets put a cap on this chapter and call it a day.

Congratulations and thank you so much for playing and sticking it out with me!