As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skyforge - New MMORPG by Allods Team and Westernization by Obsidian

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    From what I've heard explained, Necro uses its own health for a lot of its abilities and going into the Death form is how you get that back. And that statue you got to use in the training sim? It remembers what your current health is when it is used, so you pop it at full health and go to town... then you get it all back.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I'll be on for the next few hours if anyone wants to join the Fireflies

IGN Penric Dreaver

26904.png
  • Options
    Unlocked Slayer earlier today, and spent the time to push it up to needing class specific sparks before taking it on a test drive. Definitely liking my choice, though I need to get a weapon x_X.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Watched Angry Joe play some and I was intrigued. Gonna try it out when I get home from work.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Our Pantheon is currently 13/20 members, and upgrading more and more. We're currently stockpiling cash to work towards the other upgrades, shouldn't be too much longer before those start up. I'm fine with merging Panths still if people wanted to do that, I'm happy with leaving it up to whoever wants to hop panths without worry. Whichever works for me.

If you need an invite just message me on steam(in sig) or ingame on Sidaltus Veirn

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    Downloaded it last night. The peer to peer scheme does not make for speedy downloads. Two hours in, the Lightbinder is pretty great.

Targeting a friendly with base attack buffs them by adding 20% of the Lightbinder's stats to theirs for eight seconds and can stack five times. It seems like that might make stat allocation weird. Stick with Lightbinder stats and the buff is only really good on other casters...

Plus the base attack uses no mana, so burst DPS all your mana away, then buff while you regen.

You have a shield (10s on a 20s cooldown) that you can detonate before it expires for some AOE. Target a friendly to cast it on them instead of yourself.

Between the two support can be more situational. Have a great tank? Buff your DPS pal. Tank low on health? Shield the tank. Tank can't hold aggro? Buff the tank and shield the DPS if they still draw more than they can handle. (Shielding is only a stop-gap, so DPS still needs to learn when to back off, but it's better than nothing and probably more important at high levels when squishies fall down super fast.)

I'm liking it so far.

• Options
    ky13ky13 Registered User regular
    I got the Collector's Digital Edition so I've been playing Knight. But after playing Berserker in training, that's all I want. I play it whenever I can in missions that have bonus for playing a class and I never want to leave. It's just so friggin far away!

Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
  • Options
    ky13ky13 Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Our Pantheon is currently 13/20 members, and upgrading more and more. We're currently stockpiling cash to work towards the other upgrades, shouldn't be too much longer before those start up. I'm fine with merging Panths still if people wanted to do that, I'm happy with leaving it up to whoever wants to hop panths without worry. Whichever works for me.

If you need an invite just message me on steam(in sig) or ingame on Sidaltus Veirn

I think we're probably just going to join up with you guys. It's silly to spend all the resources we're barely getting on a Pantheon that only 4 of us are in.

Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
  • Options
    @Beltaine @Blain Just to note, especially for Beltaine. You won't have access to the Gunner class right away like Joe did, I believe he was provided a Founder's Pack which allows access to it.

Normally you have to play a Paladin, Lightbinder or a Cryomancer before you can unlock another class.

I might do something of a write-up to put into the OP if @C2B is still kicking around here.

• Options
    Thanks for the info. I probably won't look at the class tree much until I get my fill of Lightbinder.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I'm on the US server as Zhakti Mirari, if there's space in whatever the pantheon is.

• Options
    Not sure if the servers are going crazy or it's my internet connection. Getting in a queue, then it suddenly drops to 0 and I get a 107 error. Then when I re-open the game I get an "already logged in" error.

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    Servers are a bit fucked atm. Including chat servers, i can't talk in panth but I can invite to it. If you need an invite let me know <3

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Servers are a bit fucked atm. Including chat servers, i can't talk in panth but I can invite to it. If you need an invite let me know <3

I tried sending you a message but it's possible it didn't get through, if you're still on can I get an invite? Kyanilis Targath

• Options
    Yeah, it would appear i'm not getting any messages at all right now. Awesome. Oh well, I'll keep checking the thread.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Yeah, Pantheon chat has been on and off fucked up for a week now.

• Options
    This is why I love Teamspeak >.>

• Options
    So I guess open beta hype...Great Success?

7marEd8.jpg

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    It's a bit hard to tell. Because one day it works fine, then they do a patch and suddenly you cannot keep a connection and there's a queue of like 400.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/producers-letter-current-north-american-server-load-issues

They're trying to fix server issues, we'll be given a thanks for playing through the server problems gift soon.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    I ended up buying the Collector's Edition on a bit of a whim.

Except for some reason it wasn't applied to my account, so I am a bit annoyed.

Anyone know if they wiping once Open is over?

• Options
    As seems to be common practice, no more wipes. Open Beta is essentially release with F2P games.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Keysier wrote: »

It took a day or more for the free gift to appear in my inventory but I got the diamonds right away. Could it just be server issues?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    @Beltaine @Blain Just to note, especially for Beltaine. You won't have access to the Gunner class right away like Joe did, I believe he was provided a Founder's Pack which allows access to it.

Normally you have to play a Paladin, Lightbinder or a Cryomancer before you can unlock another class.

I might do something of a write-up to put into the OP if @C2B is still kicking around here.

Yeah, I'm around.

• Options
    Keysier wrote: »

It took a day or more for the free gift to appear in my inventory but I got the diamonds right away. Could it just be server issues?

I think it's definitely server issues. Quest rewards and the like seemed to be lagged going into inventory.

When I purchased one of the packs last weekend, it was added to my account almost instantly. Just had to log out/log in and it was there.

• Options
    CF1CF1 Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Special Maintenance announced starting at 5:45AMPST (10 minutes from this post), expected downtime of 3 hours. Server upgrades.

Edit: 5 hours now.

CF1 on
  • Options
  • Options
    ironzerg wrote: »

Top link is Best Buy. Fail. :P

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    Shit. We're doomed...doooooooooooooooooooomed!

• Options
    So right now the Pantheon opened up 3 or so more spots. We're still really close to cap, but working on increasing it, so if you need an invite its a good day to get one. As soon as we're done increasing the member cap, we've raised the 2 million needed to start the power-unit production. Need a shitton of missions for that one to complete. I don't think we can have two projects working at once, so if we DO go for the power-unit next, we won't be able to increase capacity for a bit..

What do you guys think we should do?

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Skyforge/comments/3effrz/you_can_get_a_code_with_14_days_of_premium/

Got my code from the third link, instantly mailed to me. Woo!

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Third site has more still, very sweet promo code. Of course that's only HALF the threads you need for a costume :P

Edit: I managed to snag a second key from another site if anyone wants one later after they've ran out.

Arthil on
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    @CorriganX When I logged out last night it looked like there was a Gallery upgrade "in progress" that should increase each clan to 6 people and we have 5 clans right now, for a total capacity of 30. We had 22 members last night, so that would leave us 8 more slots for adding folks. I think we're probably close to as big as we're going to get for a F2P game that isn't on most people's radar.

I vote for the Power Unit. If everyone in the current group (all 22 of us!) does the building mission twice a day (it is available three times daily), we can have the Power Unit done and built in 6 days.

EDIT: clarity

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'll be signing up tonight if I can. I've been stuck on TDY for like ten days.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I became a little curious about this game after hearing a bit about it on the Bombcast, so i'll be giving it a try. That is, if I can ever actually connect.

• Options
    Well its down for maintenance atm. It'll be up in about an hour or so if it goes according to plan.

The servers were stupid laggy lately, they're trying to fix that.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Ah, I see. Bad timing then. Would have been nice if that was on their news page or in a server status notice in the launcher, but no big deal. I'm not in any rush.

• Options

Another hour added to Maintenance. 3 hours original plan, 3 hours extra added so far.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Ah. IT folks scrambling like mad while one or more executives tap their watch(es) and remind the IT folks how much money the company is losing. Adding stress is helping! Good times.

I'm checking out a lot of action MMOs lately to see what might be fun to co-op with a friend, so when this is down I just jump over to Tera or Vindictus. Is there anything else I should look into while Skyforge's servers / queues are jacked up?