As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lords of the Fallen] Ancient Labyrinth DLC is out.

14567810»

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    The CC that the staves provide were more than enough to outweigh the ~50% damage bump Heirloom did per hit. The fact that you hit everyone around you when you swing it, interrupting smaller enemies, I found invaluable.
    Admittedly, I was playing a primarily Agility build, however (with enough Faith to max my spells), so I got a hefty damage bonus to them. Heirloom was fantastic at the point where I got it, but it got outscaled hard within a couple of hours.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    It's not 50% for me right now, it's like 15% less on Qamar with my current faith. I should probably try it out.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Have you been aching to play #LordsoftheFallen but haven't had the chance to order? Hurry, it is now 40% off on Steam for a limited time only!

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Oh god no

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    I cannot imagine playing a game like that without physical input.

• Options
    There are controllers out there for mobile devices. Amazon Fire and the like?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I am betting on, at best, an Infinity Blade clone. There's no way they'll get it running even near playable as is. Heck the game had major technical issues on practically every platfrom.

• Options
    You're probably right, I doubt the market of people with Android/iOS devices that own controllers for them is big enough to warrant a proper port.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/lords-of-the-fallen-mobile-announced-isn-t-a-port/1100-6424285/

CEO clarifies it is a new game in the game world, not a direct port.

• Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Seems the game has a 40% discount as part of Xbox One's weekly deals.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I recently picked this up and I was THIS close to just giving up. I was up to the Infiltrator as a sword and board warrior and I couldn't come close to killing this guy. Then after reading a gudie, someone suggested using a 2h, and I was like why not. And man, this game just OPENED up after equipping a 2h axe. I don't know if I just got screwed by the RNG, but I hand't gotten an upgrade to my 1h in a long time (still haven't and just downed the Beast) and with the 2h I found I was CRUSHING enemies. I was killing things so quick, I didn't really need the shield.

I am really enjoying this game now. It reminds me of Dragon's Dogma in that it's not the most well made game but once you get "it", the game becomes extremely enjoyable!

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Any tips on killing the second Guardian dude? I can't seem to ever damage him even when he's obviously open.

• Options
    There are no random drops in this game, as far as I know. All the drops are set, though you might miss out on some weapons due to them being hidden or out of the way.

@LD50 The guy with the fire fountains? If you're not trying to get his special weapon destroy those to stop the homing fireballs from spawning, then just be careful and get in jabs and pokes while he's stuck in his attack cooldowns. You need to play defensively with this guy, avoid as much damage as possible and keep your health up rather than going for damage when he's stuck whiffing at the air.

• Options
    Glal wrote: »
    There are no random drops in this game, as far as I know. All the drops are set, though you might miss out on some weapons due to them being hidden or out of the way.

@LD50 The guy with the fire fountains? If you're not trying to get his special weapon destroy those to stop the homing fireballs from spawning, then just be careful and get in jabs and pokes while he's stuck in his attack cooldowns. You need to play defensively with this guy, avoid as much damage as possible and keep your health up rather than going for damage when he's stuck whiffing at the air.

It's a big dude with a longsword and a shield. Shoots shock waves of light when you're at range, goes defensive and Summons adds.

I hit the fucker when his shield is on the ground, and blood flies out but he doesn't take damage. Only like 1 in 5 solid hits ever does something and I don't know why. He eventually wears me down with his random light energy things that pop up randomly.

• Options
    I'm not sure I'd he's cheating or if I just don't know what to do to attack him.

• Options
    There are no fireballs, btw. I think it's a different boss.

• Options
    I think that's a bot.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited February 2015
    He cannot be hurt while he has his bubble shield up, just take care of his adds, then run back to him and get a few hits in when he's standing back up (or heal, if hurt). If memory serves he'll fire off spirit shields in 8 directions as he finishes his bubble? Avoid those, then thwack him while he's firing off the remaining shields and getting back up.
    Being mobile is a good way to deal with him, don't stand in front of him and try to dodge those shields he will occasionally fire off.
    Pay attention to his attack animations, he telegraphs his attacks well and most of them can be avoided by simply running/rolling around/behind him. Basically, never attack his front if you can help it.

Glal on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular

Really? Huh, I didn't know that. I am very good apparently at finding 2hs then. Also, I thought some walls were breakable but couldn't break them! After a while I was like, this wall HAS to be breakable, and then I looked up you have to have a shield equipped, run at the wall and hit block at the last second.

I'm all for not hand holding, but the mechanics explanation in this game is AWFUL. I didn't know you could jump. I was stuck in a room, cause you need to jump across a small gap. I had to watch a YouTube video and when the guy jumped I was like HEY!!!

LD50 wrote: »

It's a big dude with a longsword and a shield. Shoots shock waves of light when you're at range, goes defensive and Summons adds.

I hit the fucker when his shield is on the ground, and blood flies out but he doesn't take damage. Only like 1 in 5 solid hits ever does something and I don't know why. He eventually wears me down with his random light energy things that pop up randomly.

Is it the guy in the Graveyard? If so, when he puts his hands up and they glow, he creates eggs which hatch the spawns. You can usually kill 1 /2 of them before they hatch. Then, what I found is, lock onto the main baddy and just constantly move away and to the left, he'll keep swinging and actually kill the small add. Then stay close and side step, and dodge and hit him in hte back. Once you figure out all his attack patterns you should be able to hit him from behind and do some damage.

Also, once he starts praying, run into a shrine, otherwise the ground will explode and most likely kill you.

So far, most of the baddies except the guy above is dodge till you learn the attack patterns and attack when they're stunned. Also, use your decoy, get them to attack that and you can usually get a few hits while they're focused on that.

• Options
    I created a new character with a better build, killed the first warden without taking damage to get the legendary version if his sword, and progressed back to the commander dude and killed him with it. I had an easier time because I only had to get one reliable hit in to do an 8th of his health.

• Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7btG6yLNx0

DLC was released last week. Sorry for not making updates. I will add something to the op later.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Oh man, this completely passed me by. Anyone played it?

Glal on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    e: Derp, of course you meant the DLC, you and I both played this at release. Derp derp.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-23-lords-of-the-fallen-2-loses-exec-producer-tomasz-gop-and-changes-direction
    Lords of the Fallen 2 has changed creative course and in the process shed executive producer Tomasz Gop. He announced his departure on Facebook and discussed it more in an email exchange with me this morning.

In a news conference, relayed by Eurogamer Poland, employer CI Games said: "We're grateful for his input, but we have different visions for further development of the series and Tomasz will not be a part of CI Games' progress.

"We want to reach a wider audience for this game. That's why we're building a richer story. We're aware that these aspects could've been better in first game, so the story is a big point of the sequel, along with robust fighting system. We want to bring something fresh to RPG games."

Full production will begin late 2015, with writer Jess Lebow (Guild Wars, Forgotten Realms) conjuring the story, and Paul Robinson (Full Spectrum Warrior, Killzone 2, and a former US Marine) as creative director.

Over email, Gop said: "I want to respect CI's will to keep that [the reasons for their parting] between me and them. I wanted all the best for Lords but there's going to be someone else leading the project and we'll see if it will make it more successful than I could.

"I made [up] my mind a couple of days ago," he added, "we just wanted to figure out the best communication for both sides."

It's up to CI Games whether they keep the work - no production "but relatively advanced concepting/vision" - the team, under his guidance, had done.

Gop is still technically an employee of CI Games, he said, but is being allowed space to use his time now to look for new job opportunities. Those needn't necessarily be in Poland, he added. Before Gop helmed Lords of the Fallen he was spokesperson for The Witcher 2.

"I want to make games," he said. "I feel like I can add value to triple-A projects with my experience and would like to. I don't know what I'll do yet, but I'll be happy to even consider relocation for the right opportunity."

Wish I could say more. I was excited for the game but didn't acquire a platform to play it. Decided to focus my cash elsewhere.

In other news: Deck13, developer of the game engine, is preparing a sci-fi rpg named The Surge for a 2017 release. The only piece of artwork has an Elysium vibe: http://www.onlysp.com/the-surge-is-the-new-sci-fi-rpg-of-deck-13-more-information-coming-at-gamescom/

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    JediabiwanJediabiwan Registered User regular
    Sound great to me! I was a big fan of Lords of the Fallen and I've been waiting for a Dark Souls-like game that has a more traditional RPG story structure. Hopefully the sequel turns out well.