As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Pal Business Cards

agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited January 2016 in Pinny Arcade
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
TLDR VERSION

Would you like 10 free Business Cards that are Pinny Pal themed?
If yes, send me an avatar picture and words for the back of the card (or choose from below pictures).
I will make a custom template, and pass that to you.
You then follow the steps outlined, which will take about 5 min, and wait to receive your cards in the mail.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Firstly special thanks to @maywest for inspiring me to do this, @fishfishmonkeyhat for creating and supplying the avatars, the creator/s of the Pinny Pals logo, and @aleph0 and @fishfishmonkeyhat again for trying it out and suggesting improvements!

Ok I've been mucking around, and had a bit of fun with some business card designs (I get bored sometimes!)

l4b1d4qp5y1u.jpg

Of course we probably don't want to get 250 minimum or spend a lot of money. To that end, Moo (us.moo.com) will do a sample pack of 10 cards, with a design of your choosing (albeit with a black line on the bottom of the back with their name on it) for FREE!

If anyone is interested, I can do up some templates for business cards for you (at least 10 free ones anyway).

A few examples of cards already printed by willing Pinny Pal guinea pigs. Thanks for your help!
8j6mmp78csou.jpg

4x2fvrvqebn7.jpg

A few more home printed cards showing some more examples.
sumgeoojixjf.jpg

To make your custom template, I will need a few things though:
  • An avatar of reasonable pixel size. (The larger avatars which are approx 900 x 900 Pixels that fishfishmonkeyhat have done for us work really well.200 x 200 is definitely too small.)
    *In aleph0's case I managed to find a good sized example in google images
  • Your PinnyPal Profile Link.
  • Words you would like on the back.

After receiving these things I'll make up a custom template that works well with Moo. (This may take a little time)

Once you have received your Front and Back Templates from me, you need to follow these steps:

YOU CAN STOP READING NOW IF YOU LIKE UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR TEMPLATES READY TO GO.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Process to get your 10 card Sample Pack:

Start Here: (USA/CA) http://us.moo.com/partner/sample/ or (AUS) http://au.moo.com/partner/sample/

Click "Design My Pack"
t24ncaj7afeq.jpg

Click "Use your images"
r5rfqp57fa8u.jpg

Click one of the green pencils "Edit"
uj9xwvn5wlf0.jpg

At the bottom click "Layout", then scroll right until you see "Image Only" and select the horizontal card to the right of it
eaptypk8y7f6.jpg

Click in the centre "Click to add an image or logo"
cfcxg7tmurfn.jpg

Click "Upload a photo or design", select the the Front Card Template and click "Open".

This then shows you the Front image loaded to the card.
8zn5sm26s11m.jpg

Click the rotate symbol to top right of the card to move to Back of card. Click in the centre "Click to add an image or logo"

Click "Upload a photo or design", select the the Back Card Template and click "Open".

This then shows you the Back image loaded to the card. (Different to my free cards I had printed)

lbjh9lhzfody.jpg

OPTIONAL: Click "PDF Proof" and select either email or download, you may need an account here.

Click "Review your changes"
nocimn5m5eiy.jpg

Click "Choose paper"
pjpplm8tah5z.jpg

Select paper and finish (I just did default) and "Add to cart"
7o5fpmv0qv45.jpg

Should show as all "FREE" and click "Checkout" (Make an account, address etc.)
g979q3uz92e1.jpg

I think that's about it!

Experience so far, is about 2 weeks delivery to US, and more like 4 weeks to Australia.

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
"Damn fine pins!"
agentcooper on