As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, July 24, 2015 - Opening Act

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, July 24, 2015 - Opening Act

Opening Act

Opening Act

http://campcomic.com/comic/229

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• AriWerdAriWerd Registered User regular
    Any panel now, Mal's gonna have his realization moment, right?

Hooray for Colin! I'm glad he's happy. Maybe he doesn't need that whistle any more.

KITTIES!!!

• FlaxSeedFlaxSeed Registered User regular
    This arc is getting better and better. Great mix of emotions, from the slapstick comedy to Mal's psychological drama. I don't know if I sympathise with Malachi or just shout "Tell the truth already, fool!". Probably both, depends on the panel.

Smart use of cats.

Malachi, your tallent is to dig deeper once we think you hit rock bottom.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Go, Colin, go! He's so happy! You know he had to line that hat with catnip.

Invisible on
  • Mr Fish 86Mr Fish 86 Registered User regular
    Collin is so excited!! His excitement is so infectious that it gone from the comic page, to me in real life. I feel all bubbly and happy after seeing the 4th panel. THANK YOU COLIN THE CONFOUNDING! You have set the bar for the day! :D

• bocklingbockling Registered User regular
    Panel six may be my favorite ever.

• WasamiWasami Registered User regular
    How did he not sustain life threatening injuries filling a hat full of cats? In my experience..........never mind.

@Wasami Dude. Magic. Maaa~ gic. magic. :)

• GenghisZahnGenghisZahn Registered User new member
    I love Malachi's face in panel 4. He totally wasn't prepared for Colin's enthusiasm. I'm really hoping he lets go of his need to have the best talent and just rolls with being the guy who makes the talent show happen.

• AmishElvisAmishElvis Registered User regular
    The comic is great, but the adult swim ad popping up in the middle of the page and blaring sound at me feels low rent.

• shmidleyshmidley Registered User regular
    @AMISHELVIS Yeaaaaa, pretty sure that ad isn't coming from this website. You've likely got ad-ware on your machine. Might I recommend a product such as Ad-aware to remove such malicious software.

• JherndoJherndo Registered User new member
    I'll assume that with all the stray cats around, finding a nice big fluffy bunny to pull out of the hat would be out of the question. It's likely why we don't see a lot of birds around camp, either. I wonder if they could be trained in packs to hunt deer....

• angryroosterangryrooster Registered User regular
    @SHMIDLEY @AMISHELVIS That ad shows up for me too, it comes from the ad in the left column, if you hold your cursor over it it expands into a full page ad for Rick and Morty.

• KaenKaen Registered User regular
    My prediction: Mal's gonna get "tomatoes" thrown at him and is gonna successfully jump over each one before it can hit him, thus earning applause for his talant.

• GundamZphyr7GundamZphyr7 Registered User regular
    Malachi's talent lies in bringing joy to those who, given their situation, have no reason to feel any. He's giving these rejected kids a chance to live their dreams and feel important.

Real tearjerker here!

• ComiczMann133ComiczMann133 Registered User regular
    Goodbye, Malachi. At least tomato stoning isn't the worst way to die at this camp.

• LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    D'aaaaaw, Colin was so happy. Wasn't expecting that!

sig.gif
  • Aaron_FergieAaron_Fergie Registered User new member
    I think Malachi's talent is that he's a politician. He's not particularly good at anything himself, and he's always seeking the spotlight (due to his insecurities from living in his father's shadow). That said, he always manages to draw attention, and events and people always seem to move around him (regardless of what we might think about the goodness or badness of his intentions). He also has some capacity to organize and delegate (important skills as a leader).

For instance, in this case, in an effort to draw attention to himself he's nearly single handedly managed to promote and organize a talent show that unites the entire community. As the announcer for the show (a narrower way of construing his ability), he's basically going to be in a position to take the credit for everyone else's work (not that he hasn't been busy making checklists of what people can do and getting things together).

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I hope we get comics with all the performers. A montage at least.

• AlernetAlernet Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I'm starting to genuinely feel bad for Malachi. Dude is screwed.

Alernet on
    @GUNDAMZPHYR7, @AARON_FERGIE: I really like your analyses of Mal's character. Interesting.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Poor Malachi, reach deep down inside yourself (not literally) and find your talent. It's there, you just need a little courage to find it.

• Blackie62Blackie62 Registered User regular
    Malachi's talent is event organizing. Wooh!

• Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    I understand now. Malachi is a Ta'veren

• RogueNin9RogueNin9 Registered User new member
    I think Blackie62's got it dead to right. But will he figure it out himself or will Seventeen help him out of a jam?

• alibamaalibama Registered User new member
    just binge read ~200 pages of your work.... drew weing turned me on.... awesome stuff