As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League Of Legends: River Kings, a Brackish Keel-Overhaul of Piracy and LCS in full swing

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Maybe, if you're playing against TL, you should ban Azir. Might just be me, but I have a feeling that it would be successful.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Hey TL.

TL, do you have a second?

Meet me in the spoiler tag
    YO WHAT THE FUCK ARE Y'ALLS DOING

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Oh wow I just played a dominion game for the first time in months cause I needed 6 cs for the icon. It was me and 4 bots vs 2 bad people and 3 bots. Very sad...

dominion died for our sins

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    two open inhibs let's fight over TIPs second dragon! It doesn't help that they walked into every skill one of gates lasers.

Got super greedy on that last inhib but now they can't kill victor or kog

Edit: wtf TL!
    TL picks gate enabling a three inhib push but lose jungler on way out. Then piglet goes back and cedes baron to the 4 of TIP for no reason since Gate had to defend super minion waves

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    WHAT IS HAPPENING

• Options
    What the jesus fuck holy christ this game

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Should have seen that coming!

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    That game was fucking incredible.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    These gamessssssss

• Options
    For real though
    impact chasing fenix so far threw. Had he turned the other way they would have won that fight hard and taken two inhibs sealing the deal.

Then they went for dragon preventing number 5 and got out positioned

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Dominate is so excited he can't even talk

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    For real though
    impact chasing fenix so far threw. Had he turned the other way they would have won that fight hard and taken two inhibs sealing the deal.

If he hasn't, free inhibs tho.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    For real though

If he hasn't, free inhibs tho.

Azir isn't that fast and Kog pushes harder. If Azir choses to try to counter with inhibs rather than backing and/or trying to make a hero play then TL loses the game as TIP takes the base.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Hell yeah, let's get some TIEBREAKER ACTION

• Options
    Step 5 engage!

• Options
    Well well!
    Workmanlike and solid win, great job Cloud 9!

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Betting on Gravity for this match. I think that TL took a lot more out of TIP than TDK took out of Gravity.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    @Sprout Congrats and congrats on 1st place as well.

Fucking GV and OG let me down. TIP could not carry hard enough. : (

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    @Sprout Congrats and congrats on 1st place as well.

Fucking GV and OG let me down. TIP could not carry hard enough. : (

Thanks, I needed to redeem my poor showing last split. I owe it all to Fnatic, really. I think the team and Rekkles were the only slots on my roster I never felt the need to tinker with.

• Options
    So the curse is finally broken? TL for number 1!

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    So the curse is finally broken? TL for number 1!
    It was broken when they had to play against CLG. Aphro can't carry the team against Xpecial.

butts
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    CLG certainly lived up to the name this game. The positioning and teleports were... interesting. Then again, I'm no pro. Standing next to a enemy Nidalee may be the best idea.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    CLG certainly lived up to the name this game. The positioning and teleports were... interesting. Then again, I'm no pro. Standing next to a enemy Nidalee may be the best idea.

i'm wondering how close liftlift is to retiring after that thresh hook.

• Options
    Pick/ban determines game again
    The TF pick killed CLG. Viktor is strong against TF in lane and in team fights and in fame structure and they picked TF into him. Most importantly it leaves no way for TF to get a fight but fizz being a hero and once Zion can't do that perfectly then gg. If TF was someone stronger in lane/team fights/game structure then maybe.

Countered Logic Gaming strikes again

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    that was a good ass day of LCS action

• Options
    Best day this year

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Maan I suck with GP. I do much better with Darius, but he isn't really good as a teamfighter. GP technically should be, but I'm not having much success with that either.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    GP is a split pusher and duelist. Not really a team fighter. You can, if you're good with setting barrel trap chains but that is not easy and better done as a defense while splitting.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    Anyone have any suggestions on item builds for jungle Xin? I'm building warrior/chilling on him currently and finding that works really well. But I'm thinking devourer might be decent on him too?

• Options
    KorhedronKorhedron Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    So... Elise? I picked her up at launch because of her "Oooh shiny!"-factor, and then understood I did not get juggling at all...

But since then I've played her as a cautious mage in ARAM, who also happen to eat the inevitable super hero wannabe who constantly step out of position. And those are way more frequent in these mark/dash-days. I love her human kit, but never spend enough time in spider form to truly master the E and timing in duelling. She seems to be on the way back, and these days I have tried a little more jungling. It's about time, then. Would anyone care to share some spidery advice for a noob jungler? And why are the champs I like the aesthetics on so hard to master :( Murrrr....

Korhedron on
    These are the stories of Dwarf Fortress. Legends have been forged there, and meticulousy gathered in one mighty hub: http://dfstories.com/start-here/
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Korhedron wrote: »
    So... Elise? I picked her up at launch because of her "Oooh shiny!"-factor, and then understood I did not get juggling at all...

But since then I've played her as a cautious mage in ARAM, who also happen to eat the inevitable super hero wannabe who constantly step out of position. And those are way more frequent in these mark/dash-days. I love her human kit, but never spend enough time in spider form to truly master the E and timing in duelling. She seems to be on the way back, and these days I have tried a little more jungling. It's about time, then. Would anyone care to share some spidery advice for a noob jungler? And why are the champs I like the aesthetics on so hard to master :( Murrrr....

I'm no expert (far, far, far from it), but I think it's Q,W,E for the first three levels, then R>Q>W>E. Runeglaive first, then AP/Tank/CDR. Taking creeps is usually "launch human W, Q, spiderform, W, Q" to maximize both Q's on either end. W helps with sustain, and use Rangers at least the first few times you play her, for the extra sustain. Remember you can use spider E while jungling to shorten your path.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    GP is a split pusher and duelist. Not really a team fighter. You can, if you're good with setting barrel trap chains but that is not easy and better done as a defense while splitting.

Thanks. I guess its back to Sion/Olaf for more teamfight synergy. They need to hurry up and give Olaf a new model already.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    They need to hurry up and give Olaf a new model already.

I don't understand what you mean...?

wL7aSE5.jpg

spool32 on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    He's funny, but I can't stand Brolaf. I just want his base model to be updated so it doesn't look so old.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I probably haven't played in....god, I think 2 years now. But I'm reading these LCS spoilers.
    Kassadin? Jarvan?

IRELIA?

That is some serious way back machine stuff

Now all I need is a Riven VU Revamp(Not a mechanics revamp, like, straight up Visual Update concept revamp. She is like, the one character in league that does not match her lore description at ALL).

• Options
    So after losing, and losing and losing on GP. I break out the ol' Darius and proceed to stomp the Gnar in my lane and go 20/3/9 to win the game. I know Dar has the noobcrusher rep, but can you actually be valuable to your team later on as you start fighting better opponents?

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    As the thread ends, here's some Garen music for the just soul

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    So after losing, and losing and losing on GP. I break out the ol' Darius and proceed to stomp the Gnar in my lane and go 20/3/9 to win the game. I know Dar has the noobcrusher rep, but can you actually be valuable to your team later on as you start fighting better opponents?

yeah but instead of being the pentakiller you usually just end up fatting around and scaring everyone

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »

yeah but instead of being the pentakiller you usually just end up fatting around and scaring everyone

So the bodyguard/implied threat aspect of Darius does have value even in higher skill games? I just want to feel that I'm bringing something to the team.

• Options
    Yes. Peel is super valuable in the right composition.

wbBv3fj.png