As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Bubbles on B, Flaming Warlocks, and Invisible, Interpretive Dance.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Arteen wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Pretty damn satisfying getting the last win on The Cauldron and getting Total Annihilation to end with. (5 straight wins in the last match, no losses)

http://xboxclips.com/ArteenEsben/a9066bf4-2726-42ad-9a1d-827b8bd87914 Arteen's video of the end of the last match.
    "The enemy is making a comeba--" FIST OF HAVOK

Definitely a good match to go out on!

I saved a 4-5 minutes clip leading up to that last fight there from my Point of View.

Yes, thats me bodytanking a rocket point blank which kills the last guy alive on their team from the impact of his own rocket in the heavy round and me living on to tell the tale.

http://xboxclips.com/Sirialis/a445edec-3094-4b7c-9993-e705b1ba0644

My Thorn apparently shot assists shots all over the place in that clip, I could have sworn those 2 died from my gun "Arteen killsteals this guy x 2" at 1.40 - the fuck? (kidding)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Is there a must have weapon from the crucible vendir, dead orbit or future war cult? I'm one match away from 150 marks.

Found Verdict and her courtesy are just about all I want from shotguns

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Is there a must have weapon from the crucible vendir, dead orbit or future war cult? I'm one match away from 150 marks.

I think the New Monarchy shotgun is well regarded.

Matador-64 and Party Crasher +1 are also pretty nice, they drop after Crucible matches.

Felwinter's Lie is the Iron Banner shotgun, it's probably the heaviest hitter.

But Found Verdict and Her Courtesy are both pretty good.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Woooooooo
    I finished the void kills in the crucible stage!

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular

I think the New Monarchy shotgun is well regarded.

Matador-64 and Party Crasher +1 are also pretty nice, they drop after Crucible matches.

Felwinter's Lie is the Iron Banner shotgun, it's probably the heaviest hitter.

But Found Verdict and Her Courtesy are both pretty good.

Also, if you don't have a good PvP rocket launcher, Dead Orbit's is just as good as a perfect Radegast's except a little smaller blast radius.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I need to spend marks, but I don't really want anything. Different YouTube people swear the fwc hand cannon the fulcrum can be better than hawkmoon, if you roll it properly,and get luck in the chamber and final round, give ping it a 1 in 8 chance of a super bullet, but I have hawkmoon.

Fusion guns sort of stink, or take way more skill than shotguns.

I have a pile of sniper rifles, machine guns and rocket launchers.

I'm pretty content with primaries, secondaries and heavies, I guess

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I really need to do 3x NF and weekly tomorrow. I should be stockpiling coins for Xur for TTK.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    So what's on Mercury?

Loot and Bouncy Walls.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sirialis/video/5502992 bouncy walls shown in this video, why arent these elsewhere?

There is also lots of weird stuff around, definitely going back and looking through all the stuff tomorrow.
    There's a bouncy wall in The Black Garden too.

• Options
    NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    Jumping on the "Skolas fight needs some goddamn checkpoints" bus. Shit is atrociously long.

PSN: corporateshill
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Is the Dead Ghost counter in the Grimoire bugged by any chance? I just checked a list of 78 entries (that I had all of) but my Dead Ghost counter says 77?

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    I need to spend marks, but I don't really want anything. Different YouTube people swear the fwc hand cannon the fulcrum can be better than hawkmoon, if you roll it properly,and get luck in the chamber and final round, give ping it a 1 in 8 chance of a super bullet, but I have hawkmoon.

Fusion guns sort of stink, or take way more skill than shotguns.

I have a pile of sniper rifles, machine guns and rocket launchers.

I'm pretty content with primaries, secondaries and heavies, I guess

Fulcrum is a beast, especially when you roll luck, final, and smallbore together like I have...

But for my money, I still prefer the New Monarchy Red Hand IX as it's just so damned smooth

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Nightfall done, haven't done any PoE, never done Trials. If anybody is interested in any of those

Both heavies from New Monarchy are pretty good if you have rep with them.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    PQmIGx5.jpg

Need.

Edit: I like that the warlock one is bringing the space magic science nerd look back and that the Hunter set is rocking a hoodie instead of a cape. Oh frabjous day!

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Whoa whoa wait a hot damn minute. Are those fresh kicks I see on the Hunter? Did this motherfucker stumble onto a cache pristine pre-collapse Adidas? Hahaha

I double want it now

• Options
    I already have both new monarchy heavies, despite my hunter having no reputation with them. I got them as drops. 8-)

I may buy the fulcrum. It looks sort of cyberpunk. And I do enjoy rolling weapon perks.

• Options
    DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    In that pic, Titan armor? Awesome.

Hunter Armor? Double awesome, although it appears that hundreds of years from now headphone cable management still presents an issue.

Warlock Armor? That fucking coat again... Bunji I am disappoint.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    PQmIGx5.jpg

Need.

Edit: I like that the warlock one is bringing the space magic science nerd look back and that the Hunter set is rocking a hoodie instead of a cape. Oh frabjous day!

What is this from? Is this PS-exclusive armor?

• Options
    Yep, for a year

I hope it's good stuff, rather than rare stuff that looks cool but never drops, like the last exclusive sets.

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Really digging the Azoth Bend helmet.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    The Taken King is launching with a single new Strike - Echo Chamber, which is also a Playstation Exclusive? (Cant see any other strikes listed anywhere right now at least)

Seriously? So much for "Expansion" if thats all.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    while I'm glad to be getting these extras, console exclusivity deals on multi platform games will never stop being ultra dumb.

• Options
    "Adventure through new Strikes featuring powerful bosses, follow more questlines that lead to powerful, new gear and brave the next major Raid to test six-player Fireteams."

Taken from the Taken King info page https://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king

All mention of strikes are in the plural. I thought Echo Chamber was just the PS exclusive, where have you read it's the only strike?

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Destiny is just taking it 12 steps further with an entire year of waiting time.

Also PS dudes have to wait a year to see Echo Strike as a Weekly Heroic and Nightfalls, how many of you run normal strikes now? Not a lot I'm guessing.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure there will be more strikes. The PS exclusive strike from launch was the dust palace, which was a real chore

• Options
    Holy shit it's actually called Echo Chamber? I am laughing forever!

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Dajoran wrote: »
    "Adventure through new Strikes featuring powerful bosses, follow more questlines that lead to powerful, new gear and brave the next major Raid to test six-player Fireteams."

All mention of strikes are in the plural. I thought Echo Chamber was just the PS exclusive, where have you read it's the only strike?

I wouldnt be too surprised if all their mentioning of several new strikes from that page is counting all those "same strike as you already played before, but now with Taken enemies!" in with their new strikes, but time will tell I guess.

Just weird that I can basically see all the new Crucible maps, new subclasses and their different perks but only see 1 new strike listed everywhere?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I am digging the flavor text on that Titan armor, and the fact that it's hinting at maybe Solar resist? I love the idea of reconnecting with humanity's past.

But holy crap is it ugly. Here's hoping it, like everything else so far, looks better on a female titan.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    You know what the real atrocity is? Fucking Dead Orbit and their damn ships and shaders. Repped up twice today... Motes of Light everywhere! Nothing like adding 4 Motes of Light to my stack of 600.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    Celian wrote: »
    You know what the real atrocity is? Fucking Dead Orbit and their damn ships and shaders. Repped up twice today... Motes of Light everywhere! Nothing like adding 4 Motes of Light to my stack of 600.
    Faction shaders are a myth.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »

I got one last week for FWC. Feels great.

• Options
    That hunter armor looks amazing

• Options
    edited July 2015

I wouldnt be too surprised if all their mentioning of several new strikes from that page is counting all those "same strike as you already played before, but now with Taken enemies!" in with their new strikes, but time will tell I guess.

Just weird that I can basically see all the new Crucible maps, new subclasses and their different perks but only see 1 new strike listed everywhere?

I would guess because they are announcing all the PS exclusive stuff first.

I found a weekly update where they say:
    • New cooperative Strikes with unique and dynamic new Boss battles
    • Redesigned and reimagined Strikes – Dust Palace, Undying Mind, and Cerberus Vae III – are now overrun by the Taken

The reason why I am hunting around for stuff like this is that you had me worried that there was an article saying this was the only strike. I love this game, maybe a bit too much, but if the Taken strikes were the only strikes introduced in this game with this expansion, I'd have to call it a day - I'm okay with the idea of the Taken strikes as a way to make old content stay relevant but not as the basis of an entire expansion.

Edit: To clarify a bit, I'm cool (to an extent) with the way Destiny recycles stuff like where missions take place, it makes the environment seem changing to me, the Refinery in Old Russia as an example, a place we pass through in Strikes and missions maybe about 4 or 5 times, shows the changing balance between the Fallen and Hive on earth. I'm cool with that, I wish it would stretch over into Patrol where you can't be sure what type of enemy you will encounter on any given load-in, but I understand that it is supposed to be a Level 4 patrol area, so I'm cool with that.

I'm less cool with the way that the Armor and Weapons are recycled over and over again, the Taken King looks to be rectifying that (with the exception of the PS exclusive Warlock gear above, but I don't much care for exclusive gear, I'm aimed towards the end-game content.)

I am 100% not cool with the idea of end-game content being recycled and packaged as an expansion. Strikes in the form of Nightfalls and Weeklies are end game to me.

Dajoran on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Hunter set is rocking a hoodie instead of a cape. Oh frabjous day!

Hunter is totes wearing a cape. Its super dark, but you can see a saturated blue area behind him that is distinctly cape shaped. Shape caped.

Although I do like the hoodie idea

• Options
    Igpx407 wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »

I got one last week for FWC. Feels great.
    Lies!

• Options
    Does the hunters' starter neckerchief change with shaders?

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Does the hunters' starter neckerchief change with shaders?

Yep

• Options
    I'm making a second hunter for that rag.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'm so glad I still have my starting rag. It's my favorite non-faction hood.

• Options
    edited July 2015

I would guess because they are announcing all the PS exclusive stuff first.

I found a weekly update where they say:
    • New cooperative Strikes with unique and dynamic new Boss battles
    • Redesigned and reimagined Strikes – Dust Palace, Undying Mind, and Cerberus Vae III – are now overrun by the Taken

The reason why I am hunting around for stuff like this is that you had me worried that there was an article saying this was the only strike. I love this game, maybe a bit too much, but if the Taken strikes were the only strikes introduced in this game with this expansion, I'd have to call it a day - I'm okay with the idea of the Taken strikes as a way to make old content stay relevant but not as the basis of an entire expansion.

Edit: To clarify a bit, I'm cool (to an extent) with the way Destiny recycles stuff like where missions take place, it makes the environment seem changing to me, the Refinery in Old Russia as an example, a place we pass through in Strikes and missions maybe about 4 or 5 times, shows the changing balance between the Fallen and Hive on earth. I'm cool with that, I wish it would stretch over into Patrol where you can't be sure what type of enemy you will encounter on any given load-in, but I understand that it is supposed to be a Level 4 patrol area, so I'm cool with that.

I'm less cool with the way that the Armor and Weapons are recycled over and over again, the Taken King looks to be rectifying that (with the exception of the PS exclusive Warlock gear above, but I don't much care for exclusive gear, I'm aimed towards the end-game content.)

I am 100% not cool with the idea of end-game content being recycled and packaged as an expansion. Strikes in the form of Nightfalls and Weeklies are end game to me.

I just hope Bungie does a "The Taken has invaded Vault of Glass and Crota's End! Fight new bosses and get new loot in there etc. etc." then I get sad because I doubt they will, Crota/CE is hopefully not just left to rot in insignificance.

How many ranks in Dead Orbit total? I'm at 31+ with 2 Revenants and The Fermi Solution.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I kept all the starting gear - helm, gloves, all of it - until recently, [insert grumbling about vault space here].