As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skyforge - New MMORPG by Allods Team and Westernization by Obsidian

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    For mounts, you sometimes have to hold j to open the mount wheel in order to get the quick mount set up right.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Two questions:

In the training module, Cryomancer had a left-click-hold attack that was an AOE blizzard. I don't seem to have this in the real world though? It makes big packs a real chore.

I got that premium code, I had some kind of mount in it. I used it in my bag. It disappeared, but nothing happens when I hit the mount key. I am past whatever mission it mentioned on the tooltip.

The left-click-hold AE can be a bit glitchy but it's a basic attack for Cryomancer so you should have it. I played for several hours before I even realized I have it.

The mount thing - try holding down J button for a while, that should make a wheel appear where you can choose which mount you want to equip for your mount slot. Once you do that you can mount up by simply tapping J once.

I had problems with both the attack and the mount so you aren't alone with those issues.

Also ran into the funniest outdoor boss - hits for 30, makes you basically start to ignore what it does ... and then it pounces for 2400, one-shotting you. :P

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I had gotten far enough in Cryo that I kind of wanted to stubbornly finish it

But I think I'm gonna go ahead and just swap off

Cryo doesn't really have a whole lot to offer in the long term, both in that it's symbol is garbage and that it's single target DPS is lacking

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Sigh. And after just a disasterous run of an adventure where we just could not finish the boss in the slightest, I begin to believe that I'm just fucked, and at the point where any further progression in the game will be impossible due to my inability to play videogames with anything resembling competence.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Bosses in the 1-3 man dungeons definitely take a certain amount of execution. You can't just stand a wail on them. I like it actually.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    The 5 mans are really interesting in what they do to. I honestly really respect the amount of work that went into the boss fights in this, you don't see it in the beginning bosses, but once you get a little in each boss is completely different from the others, and theres like 20 different instances or so right? Thats a lot of different mechanics.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Well, capped out the second week.

Been rocking binder, alch and occasionally slayer. Enjoying it a good bit, really, but I think they keep you in training wheels too long. 4k is where it should have started, honestly. At least as far as how deadly things are and some of the encounters.

Also with regard to stats: strength > luck > accuracy > valor.

The caveat being that might = strength unless you have accuracy. Accuracy alters damage such that at 10% accuracy you're looking at a 1:2 strength to might ratio. By 40% it's more like 1:5.

Accuracy is on a lot of rings and is a chapel choice in your order. So it's fairly easy to increase.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    Spent the last 30min just trying to get the games install file to launch... I think I might be SOL

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Hmm. Looks like my pantheon chat has disappeared. Only thing that seems to get it back is when new ppl join the pantheon. Hope they patch that soon.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Valor seems like it really sucks? Like, real bad.

• Options
    Much like any of the secondary stats, it's usefulness probably depends heavily on your tertiary stats, in this case Temper.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    See my diatribe on Valor upthread (a few pages back). I was pushing Valor for a few days until I did some research on combat mechanics and drew a conclusion that it was the absolute worst secondary stat in the game. That can change situationally - for example, if you have a high enough Temper - but generally speaking, its the worst of the four secondaries that you have control over. IMO.

Also, we're currently 30% on construction of the Academy. My prediction of 5 days looks like it is going to be pretty darn close.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the Academy is being constructed only by the members actually doing the Academy Construction adept mission, right?

I've been doing it every time it comes up, but I don't know how integral to the process it is.

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the Academy is being constructed only by the members actually doing the Academy Construction adept mission, right?

I've been doing it every time it comes up, but I don't know how integral to the process it is.

That's correct. My Pantheon has been working on the same thing...I think it's 2400 god building blocks...15 god blocks every 8 hours per player. Assuming people in the Pantheon know they need to actively do this task to build.

But yeah...documentation here ain't great. I can't imagine how someone playing "solo" and fresh to the game is suppose to figure all this stuff out.

• Options
    ironzerg wrote: »

That's correct. My Pantheon has been working on the same thing...I think it's 2400 god building blocks...15 god blocks every 8 hours per player. Assuming people in the Pantheon know they need to actively do this task to build.

But yeah...documentation here ain't great. I can't imagine how someone playing "solo" and fresh to the game is suppose to figure all this stuff out.

Yeah. I don't think I ever heard anyone say it, so: guys in the Pantheon, do that construction mission every eight hours!

Also, I unlocked my first additional class last night, the kinetic. I'm struggling to get the flow of him so far. Great single target damage, but I need to figure out a proper rotation as there's a bunch of stuff in the kit I'm not really using.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I love Kinetic when I get to solo it. It is so much fun. BOOM BOOM BOOM YOU ARE ALL DEAD BOOM.

Also it really guddamn hurts if anything hits me. Like damn.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I'll start doing the construction mission once I get my guys a little higher. Right now i'd have to fill all the adept slots for it and still have only a ~60% chance of success.

• Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    Finally going to start the beta tonight. Hope it's good!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What i'm worried about is that my only goal at the moment is unlocking Gunner. I don't have anything beyond that, so my concern is that in a couple months i'll get there, play for a few more hours then shrug and put it down for good.

Does the game eventually give you more concrete things to work towards?

• Options
    ironzerg wrote: »

Yeah. I don't think I ever heard anyone say it, so: guys in the Pantheon, do that construction mission every eight hours!
    Also worth noting:

1. Construction missions appear ONLY every 8 hours, even if you pay credits to reset missions. They appear to reset at 8AM, 4PM and midnight (pacific time).
    2. Construction missions will stay on your list of available missions until you do them, so as long as you log in sometime between those reset times, you can pretty easily hit all three every day.
    3. A new construction mission will appear on your list even if you already have one in-progress, so you could potentially have two running at the same time! That is, if you log in just prior to reset and start the construction mission, a new one will still appear on the list at reset, so you can start a second one simultaneously.
    4. Any construction mission that has not been started at reset time will be removed from the list of available missions - you can't let them "build up" over time and then do a bunch of them. The maximum number you can run at once is two, and only then in specific circumstances.

26904.png
  • Options
    Also they seem to require Engineers, so if you can promote some people, thats a good choice.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    What i'm worried about is that my only goal at the moment is unlocking Gunner. I don't have anything beyond that, so my concern is that in a couple months i'll get there, play for a few more hours then shrug and put it down for good.

Does the game eventually give you more concrete things to work towards?

http://sf.my.com/gb/news/announcements/skyforge-producers-letter-high-prestige-content-update

This patch is adding a lot of stuff you can look forward to at higher prestiges, if that interests you and you can work towards.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    No you dont, you just start at whatever one you want. You can pick any starting node from the 3 default classes. Can you post a picture about what you're talking about?

Sorry for the really late reply. My friends got me to try Defiance and Firefall this weekend, plus more SWTOR, so there that went.

After coming back to the Atlas, I realized my mistake and understand it now. The lines were showing nodes that I thought were already unlocked. Still confused why the shortest path went to Lightbinder when I'm a Cryomancer. /shrug

• Options
    If you just start from a blank Atlas, it will ALWAYS default starting from Lightbinder. The reason is that the path to <Insert Class Name Here> from Cryomancer/Paladin/Lightbinder is EXACTLY the same distance. Since they're the same, the code just defaults to one, and that one happens to be Lightbinder. In reality, you can start form any one of those three. (You really can!) Once you unlock the first point in any of those nodes, the "shortest path" will start from there, because it is now the actual shortest path.

Does that make sense?

26904.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Yeah, that does, from a programming standpoint.

I still think it's a bit confusing. :)

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    So I started playing this tonight.

It is super fun so far.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    should I be re-running previous mission/bossthings for more prestige?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    should I be re-running previous mission/bossthings for more prestige?

Prestige no. Sparks yes. Like, all the sparks. Always.

Also, executes aren't just a quick damage boost. They do nice shit for free. Cryomancer's restores like 100 energy. Slayer's puts them into stealth briefly (very useful on bosses with adds - knock them low, execute, then do the fancy dash move to clean house.

Slayer also has a lot more DPS on bosses than Cryomancer (but can't compete in the AoE/CC lockdown game that Cryo excels at). It looks like they have later skills that can make em even tougher to down though (decoys, smoke, etc.). I'm also REALLY liking the synergies inherent in its talents... it really, really wants crit damage and has a metric fuckton of things that make crits happen (auto crit on range, massive death autocrit on stealth moves, etc.)

Tried Archer and Zerker in missions today... Archer is kind of bland but has nice DPS (fire arrows oh my god) and the arrows mechanic is neat. But I never really had to do anything much beyond that because full fire arrow alpha strikes mopped trash nicely. Following up with lightning arrows to layer more dots... etc. Zerker I was on easy or something but they have some nutso burst potential, which is nice for bastards like Proteus who are nigh invincible much of the time - boost my damage and shred his defense as his armor comes down then unload to tear his health apart like nothing else (dropping off three bars with the final combo hit).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    If you're looking to play slayer one of the most important things I can say is: when you're in Shadow mode and doing the chain attack, if you dodge when your character raises their arms the attack will still execute but you'll do an animation cancel, which lets you wiggle in 6 (or more with the longer stealth) hits of the super bursty single target move. Instead of only three.

That pretty much changed my whole dps game and now I see why slayer is considered a good boss rusher.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Ugh, I really wish I had tried out the classes before starting to buy nodes in the overall Atlas - I realized afterwards I want to play a Kinetic and I've been going totally wrong way. The class tutorials are kinda boring though and don't really teach you the class that well so I understand why past me wasn't so keen on doing them all.

• Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    Yeah, the missions where you get double rewards for trying out different classes are way more fun than the tutorials. Unfortunately I stopped seeing those pop up. They were my favorite way to grind as they had the most variety. Now I haven't logged on in three days and coming back after my free week of prime has expired would just make the grind worse. I think the free to play "hooks" made me bounce off of this one. Oh well.

• Options
    If you're looking to play slayer one of the most important things I can say is: when you're in Shadow mode and doing the chain attack, if you dodge when your character raises their arms the attack will still execute but you'll do an animation cancel, which lets you wiggle in 6 (or more with the longer stealth) hits of the super bursty single target move. Instead of only three.

That pretty much changed my whole dps game and now I see why slayer is considered a good boss rusher.

Dash cancelling is important for a bunch of classes.

Cryo can dash cancel out of the stupid long Whiteout animation, Kinetic can dash cancel out of setting up his barrier field and the very end of the Sonic spinball attack, Paladin can dash cancel out of the long animation on his invulnerability shield.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Also the build they give you for Kinetic bonus adventures is so terrible oh my god, and the worst part is that it still gives you that build even if you're already playing Kinetic.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Also the build they give you for Kinetic bonus adventures is so terrible oh my god, and the worst part is that it still gives you that build even if you're already playing Kinetic.

Really? I did a cryo one and was just using my existing cryo build.

• Options
    It might be that the Cryo build they give you just happened to be the same one you were using?

The big problem is that the Kinetic build they give you has Tramping, which isn't a bad ability but it means no Gravity Trap, and its not really a strong exaggeration to say that Gravity Trap is Kinetics single most important skill

• Options
    Is there any point in playing until Wednesday once my sparks limit reaches 0?

• Options
    If you haven't finished your class sparks, you can farm the first boss in Port Naori to get that easy, or you can continue doing order stuff to gain prestige that way. You can also do impossible/very hard missions and get better weapons and rings, and progress that way.

I've been logging in to do construction missions, but don't have that drive until my sparks reset, too.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    That's one minor thing that messed with me. I'm used to the 'Impossible' difficulty generally meaning 'Stay away from' and not 'Really hard but with good rewards'.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    Wow... Tried to do the first dungeon, because I was looking at 1k blue sparks and I just reached a ring with a fuckton of strength nodes.

The tank was:
    A) Queued for a difficulty of "impossible"
    B) First time at the dungeon
    C) Didn't understand the concept of a pull, at all, and kept charging to spawn point and trying to fight there. One of our DPS was a slayer and thought that was a MARVELOUS idea and went in to. Pat hits.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    As a Slayer I basically morphed into the group leader and helped pull things with my chains. Seriously the chain-pull they got is perfect.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil