As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Active MS Access community I can ask lots of questions?

dr pigletdr piglet Registered User regular
I currently do a lot of programming, stats, and program evaluation in Excel (and VBA within). This is becoming a problem as my projects get bigger, because I need to dummy proof my projects better than Excel allows, and Excel seems to slow down a ton with even medium sized data bases. My conclusion is that I should learn Access- reasonable?

I've looked at various resources online, but I'm a hands on learner at heart. I'd like to plan/program little projects and ask a community if I'm going about problems correctly and why my code doesn't work. Do you know any patient and active communities that would help me out there?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    GhotiGhoti Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    To your community question, I have used dbforums when I was learning Access and hit a stalling point on my development. Not only does the site have a forum for Access, but also for Excel and VB specifically, so there are a lot of possible resources.

Without know more about how the information is stored, updated and utilized by the user base, it is hard for me to say whether or not Access would be a good solution. Sometimes you trade the performance hit for keeping the business process simple. Not only that, the longer implications would be that by employing Access, you will be tethered with supporting its function for the foreseeable future.

Ghoti on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Stack overflow has the ms-access tag that might be useful for question asking.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me