As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Bubbles on B, Flaming Warlocks, and Invisible, Interpretive Dance.

• CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    You know what the real atrocity is? Fucking Dead Orbit and their damn ships and shaders. Repped up twice today... Motes of Light everywhere! Nothing like adding 4 Motes of Light to my stack of 600./quote]

How many ranks in Dead Orbit total? I'm at 31+ with 2 Revenants and The Fermi Solution.

41. I have Bittersteel so far. I should have more, but stupid me raised Vanguard for some reason, my Titan has 26 ranks with Vanguard. Aha!

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I'm making a second hunter for that rag.
    Dajoran wrote: »
    I kept all the starting gear - helm, gloves, all of it - until recently, [insert grumbling about vault space here].

Hunter bundle scarf is totally worth it. Such a unique look. Looks good with so many shaders and is so distinct and unusual. Makes you look like a class hybrid, a little bit.

That being said, I'm back to enjoying Hunter cloaks. And I can't wait for the first time I can pull off the float-strafe and nail someone with Void Arrow.

And rolling! Can't wait to roll around like I'm playing Destiny Souls.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    I'm running my buddy through Crota's End for the first time tonight; I set a game on The 100 for 9:00pm EST tonight (on Xbox). Fellow newbies are welcome, of course! But I'd also appreciate an experienced Swordbearer, if anyone is willing. (I can do it, but I'm just so-so at it, and I don't want to make people sit through too many respawns.)

Oh, and I finally got my Nechrochasm over the weekend! Eager to break it out in the Abyss and and find out just how crappy it is.

https://www.the100.io/game/248443

• GoldenHawkGoldenHawk Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    I'm running my buddy through Crota's End for the first time tonight; I set a game on The 100 for 9:00pm EST tonight (on Xbox). Fellow newbies are welcome, of course! But I'd also appreciate an experienced Swordbearer, if anyone is willing. (I can do it, but I'm just so-so at it, and I don't want to make people sit through too many respawns.)

Oh, and I finally got my Nechrochasm over the weekend! Eager to break it out in the Abyss and and find out just how crappy it is.

Will there be punch and pie?

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    There are only a few Titan marks that look good, and they usually accomplish this by looking so ridiculous that they're kind of impressive.

I wish more of them were crazy long like the original Iron Banner mark or Polyphonic.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    The warlock bonds are generally inoffensive, but they're also almost unnoticeable. I think the only ones I see people wearing that actually pop out enough to be recognizable are the Eris Morn smokey green thing and the Fallen House ones from Variks.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    There are only a few Titan marks that look good, and they usually accomplish this by looking so ridiculous that they're kind of impressive.

I wish more of them were crazy long like the original Iron Banner mark or Polyphonic.

Bioluminescent Vault of Glass buttcloak for life.

• Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    "Adventure through new Strikes featuring powerful bosses, follow more questlines that lead to powerful, new gear and brave the next major Raid to test six-player Fireteams."

Taken from the Taken King info page https://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king

All mention of strikes are in the plural. I thought Echo Chamber was just the PS exclusive, where have you read it's the only strike?

I wouldnt be too surprised if all their mentioning of several new strikes from that page is counting all those "same strike as you already played before, but now with Taken enemies!" in with their new strikes, but time will tell I guess.

Just weird that I can basically see all the new Crucible maps, new subclasses and their different perks but only see 1 new strike listed everywhere?

I would guess because they are announcing all the PS exclusive stuff first.

I found a weekly update where they say:
    • New cooperative Strikes with unique and dynamic new Boss battles
    • Redesigned and reimagined Strikes – Dust Palace, Undying Mind, and Cerberus Vae III – are now overrun by the Taken

The reason why I am hunting around for stuff like this is that you had me worried that there was an article saying this was the only strike. I love this game, maybe a bit too much, but if the Taken strikes were the only strikes introduced in this game with this expansion, I'd have to call it a day - I'm okay with the idea of the Taken strikes as a way to make old content stay relevant but not as the basis of an entire expansion.

Edit: To clarify a bit, I'm cool (to an extent) with the way Destiny recycles stuff like where missions take place, it makes the environment seem changing to me, the Refinery in Old Russia as an example, a place we pass through in Strikes and missions maybe about 4 or 5 times, shows the changing balance between the Fallen and Hive on earth. I'm cool with that, I wish it would stretch over into Patrol where you can't be sure what type of enemy you will encounter on any given load-in, but I understand that it is supposed to be a Level 4 patrol area, so I'm cool with that.

I'm less cool with the way that the Armor and Weapons are recycled over and over again, the Taken King looks to be rectifying that (with the exception of the PS exclusive Warlock gear above, but I don't much care for exclusive gear, I'm aimed towards the end-game content.)

I am 100% not cool with the idea of end-game content being recycled and packaged as an expansion. Strikes in the form of Nightfalls and Weeklies are end game to me.

The fact everyone is actually worried about this just speaks to how much recycled content there is in Destiny Year1.

Sirialis wrote: »

Bioluminescent Vault of Glass buttcloak for life.
    Exactly. So ridiculous it's kind of impressive.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    I still think that the best class items for each class to date are the VoG Items. (Curses Titan Mark, why must you elude me!!)

In fact, the Vault is just the best bit of the game. More Vex raids plz.

• AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    Put up a VoG Hard (PS4) posting on the 100 for 9PM UK time tonight. I'm up for doing a couple of runs or Crota Hard after (need it for my Triumphs) but don't let that put you off if you just want the one run.

Kersev will be joining to run relics, swords and organize children's birthday parties.

PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
  • caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    AngryPuppy wrote: »
    Put up a VoG Hard (PS4) posting on the 100 for 9PM UK time tonight. I'm up for doing a couple of runs or Crota Hard after (need it for my Triumphs) but don't let that put you off if you just want the one run.

Kersev will be joining to run relics, swords and organize children's birthday parties.

Joined, has to postpone my hiatus from destiny a little. Would absolutely be up for a HM crota after.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Here's the good thing about the PS-exclusive armor for anyone that's annoyed/upset about it: no one is going to fucking wear it. If it's like the last set of exclusive armor, you're never going to collect a set of it, and it's blue anyways. Shit, I'm actually insulted as a PS4 owner that they thought that was a bonus of any kind. :)

Wait a sec... now that I think about it, I'm willing to bet that we are going to start finding armor and weapons that aren't even Legendary that are more powerful than what we all have now at the end-game. That's going to feel good and weird at the same time.

Whatever, no one is going to collect a full set. I still stand by that. (Unless it's a quest reward.)

Fawst on
    I have a full set of Arihant just in case we ever get the chance to ascend blues.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    GoldenHawk wrote: »
    awsimo wrote: »

Will there be punch and pie?

More people will come if they think we have punch and pie!

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    My favorite titan marks are deep stone crypt and season of ages

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Hopscotch pilgrim hits like a grown ass man keee-rist. uploaded the match I just did. The weapons I have now force me into a specific set of ranges, mostly medium to long. Fortunately these are the ranges I'm strongest/most comfortable at anyway so I felt pretty confident going in on this map. I hate the shotgun death dance even though the one I have is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr7oAbjI-CU

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    edited July 2015
    Trojan35 wrote: »

The fact everyone is actually worried about this just speaks to how much recycled content there is in Destiny Year1.

But that's not what I said, I was specifically reacting to Sirialis' posts - not to a belief that Destiny is pure unadulterated salvage. The bit under where you bolded I point out I am cool with the recycling - but that was my fault, I used the word recycling there - I mean world building, because I'm cool with revisiting places, it's what makes an in game world seem alive, I don't want Bungie to spend extra time creating new sand dunes on Mars or Hive corridors in Old Russia for the sake of having new maps because at the end of the day, all Vex corridors and Cabal trenches look the same, and why wouldn't they? They don't have cool architects making arty buildings, they are the baddies and are busy destroying our solar system.

I'd rather that Bungie focus their attention on encounter mechanics; in Destiny we have recycling with the bosses all being bullet sponges - but that is a mechanic they have proven can change with the PoE bosses, and with the footage of the new strike seemingly requiring a wide receiver to take down the shield of the boss.

Edit: (I know next to nothing about your 'pig-skin' shenanigans, so I am not sure if the wide-receiver is the ball carrier?)

Dajoran on

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/248634

Here's the link to that game - we promise no more than 4 wipes on Crota or your money back.

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular

I'd love to do HM Crota, but I already did VoG this week. If you put up a separate sign up for afterwards, I'd be in.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    So I finally convinced my Sunday night bros to do Skolas (they had been very reluctant as gear is still needed from crota/nightfalls/vog and we only get 2-3 hrs a week to run stuff together). Took us maybe a bit under two hours to clear the whole thing. One wipe leading up to Skolas and then maybe 2-3 wipes on Skolas before we downed him. Not sure if this was one of the easier or harder weeks to do him, but yeah, kind of tedious. Some thoughts:

1) I didn't mind the fact that it was level 35. Most of the rounds, including Skolas, had a +dmg buff that negated the level disadvantage, so I thought it was fine.

2) We fought on the right side platform and had sooooooo many deaths to Skolas himself that slowed us down, cuz we didn't want to push him to the next add phase/mine phase without everyone up. Our kill took over 20 minutes I think.

3) I can see this fight being way more difficult without a bladedancer. But it was rather trivial with me dismantling mines each phase and letting them just hunker up as best they could.

4) Even though it was our first kill, only one of us got the Cipher. The other two of us had previously gotten it from a level 34 clear, so I guess if you get it once you no longer get the auto-drop from Skolas. None of us got an elemental primary either. So I doubt we'll be going back until everyone gets what they need from vault and crota.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    edited July 2015
    I have a vault hard checkpoint at the Templar that I would like to clear tonight if people are up for it. Probably starting around 830 Central time. PM or @ me or reply to this post.

Edit: Xbox 1. GT is Sir Landshark

Sir Landshark on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular

I don't want to commit to anything on the100 but if you guys are still short people at 9, try waiting around for a bit, I should be home by like 9:15 your time (although I don't think I can stick around for Crota)

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    How do you guys stop rerolling perks? I've burned through every mote I have because things could always be just a little more perfect. Got a Spare Change .25 from the crucible and rolled both snapshot and hidden hand, but gravedigger as the first perk keeps tempting me to try just one more time...

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna lie: I am really looking forward to just deleting a whole shitload of stuff from my vault once TKK comes out.

Beezel wrote: »
    Hopscotch pilgrim hits like a grown ass man keee-rist. uploaded the match I just did. The weapons I have now force me into a specific set of ranges, mostly medium to long. Fortunately these are the ranges I'm strongest/most comfortable at anyway so I felt pretty confident going in on this map. I hate the shotgun death dance even though the one I have is pretty good

Is the RoF rerollable or is that fixed? I have one of these and it's awesome. It's just kinda slow at firing.

I think the only things rerollable are perks and elemental damage, not base stats.

I have a vault hard checkpoint at the Templar that I would like to clear tonight if people are up for it. Probably starting around 830 Central time. PM or @ me or reply to this post.

Edit: Xbox 1. GT is Sir Landshark

A handful of us are going to be working through HM CE at 9 EST. I'm sure some of us can jump over and polish off some VoG.

• Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    How do you guys stop rerolling perks? I've burned through every mote I have because things could always be just a little more perfect. Got a Spare Change .25 from the crucible and rolled both snapshot and hidden hand, but gravedigger as the first perk keeps tempting me to try just one more time...

Uh, I pretty much don't. I rerolled Spare Change the other night until I got all the perks I wanted, and then I tried to do the same thing with Her Benevolence and basically spent all of my glimmer. I called it quits with two of the three perks I wanted.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited July 2015

I don't. I have my Radegast, BTRD, Jolder's, 2 HB's, 2 LGH's, a Hopscotch, Felwinter's and Matador... and a completely failed ill-will roll that ate 150 motes and never came anywhere close to being a mini moon.

I have no weapon parts. I can't even upgrade my exotics because of my addiction.
    GoldenHawk wrote: »

Is the RoF rerollable or is that fixed? I have one of these and it's awesome. It's just kinda slow at firing.

It's a 2 burst headshot kill, so people normally go for stability/range rather than RoF. I'm not sure there's any perks to increase RoF on the gun.

Trojan35 on
    Fawst wrote: »
    I'm not gonna lie: I am really looking forward to just deleting a whole shitload of stuff from my vault once TKK comes out.
    Bungie wrote:
    Now introducing Etheric Light Mark 2, hope you saved all that old gear you liked!

8-) I guess it could happen.

• ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

Light of the Great Prism is the one I use. It's awesome.

But I think I'll start calling it the Bioluminescent Buttcloak.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    My favorite is Mark of the Pilgrim Guard, but I really like any of the Marks that are long and take up most of your waist.

I generally pick three perks that I want, then weigh those perks - pick the top two and aim for them (or pick 1 + the sight that I want.)

As an example, when HoW dropped I played until I got a 'Her Benevolence', my wishlist for perks for that was Shortgaze scope (for the aim assist), Hidden Hand (for more aim assist), Snapshot and Unflinching.

For this, I picked function over perfection and rolled until I got Shortgaze and Hidden Hand then I stopped. Waited until I got another Her Benevolence and started to roll it sporadically, so that even if I got terrible rolls on the second one, I would at least have a version of the rifle that I wanted.

In the end up I got my perfect roll, and the moral of this story is that UNFLINCHING DOES NOTHING AT ALL. goddammit.

• ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

I generally pick three perks that I want, then weigh those perks - pick the top two and aim for them (or pick 1 + the sight that I want.)

As an example, when HoW dropped I played until I got a 'Her Benevolence', my wishlist for perks for that was Shortgaze scope (for the aim assist), Hidden Hand (for more aim assist), Snapshot and Unflinching.

For this, I picked function over perfection and rolled until I got Shortgaze and Hidden Hand then I stopped. Waited until I got another Her Benevolence and started to roll it sporadically, so that even if I got terrible rolls on the second one, I would at least have a version of the rifle that I wanted.

In the end up I got my perfect roll, and the moral of this story is that UNFLINCHING DOES NOTHING AT ALL. goddammit.

Against primary fire, Unflinching is noticeable.

Against other snipers, your aim still gets rocked.

PS: That's really good advice up there about keeping a gun with "decent" perks until you get a second one to tinker with more desirable re-rolls. =)

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited July 2015

I've sworn to no longer reroll anything after spending all of my glimmer, nearly all of my weapon parts, and a ton of motes to get rolls worse than what I started with on one scout rifle. I was so disgusted with myself after wasting months of materials for absolutely nothing on a gun that has not been used since VoC and Fatebringer got upped to 365. Last week I finally got all of my characters back up to around 130 weapon parts, and that's after weeks of leveling every unwanted purple and a few blue guns before dismantling.

I can see how getting perfect rolls for a PvP weapon would be the goal, but for PvE I don't really care that much. I already have excellent or workable rolls on all the guns I most commonly use either through luck or minimal rerolling from before my overspending.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

Its kinda funny, at 8:39 you guys stop a warlock doing his space shooty bit. I bit that pissed him right off. There were like 3 or 4 of you there, he might have gotten 2 or 3, it would've been awesome. But he got robbed of it.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    So going back and forth between the Thorn and my Spare Change .25 with counterbalance and third eye.

I really like my Spare Change more. Maybe because I have hours of more practice on it, but I can just better consistently get crits with it. One day I'll find a Hopscotch....one day....

Casually Hardcore on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    So, Iron Banner next week? That sounds like just the thing to try out my new Messenger and Tomorrow's Answer!

edited July 2015
    Arteen wrote: »
    So, Iron Banner next week? That sounds like just the thing to try out my new Messenger and Tomorrow's Answer!

Want to trade with an Adept (solar) Summoner and Eye of Sol :?

Summoner would have been pretty cool with Void damage though, sniper seems pretty good, I just dont really use snipers in PvP that much, if at all.

Sirialis on