As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Bubbles on B, Flaming Warlocks, and Invisible, Interpretive Dance.

1939495969799»

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    There are only a few Titan marks that look good, and they usually accomplish this by looking so ridiculous that they're kind of impressive.

I wish more of them were crazy long like the original Iron Banner mark or Polyphonic.

Bioluminescent Vault of Glass buttcloak for life.

No...

NO

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Arctic Proxy shader and Vault buttcloak were my go to on my Titan for a very long time. I was the shiniest!

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    So going back and forth between the Thorn and my Spare Change .25 with counterbalance and third eye.

I really like my Spare Change more. Maybe because I have hours of more practice on it, but I can just better consistently get crits with it. One day I'll find a Hopscotch....one day....

Is hopscotch really that different from spare change? Worse range, a bit better stability?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    This week is going to be very grindy for me. I'm leaving for 10 days on Friday afternoon (please don't bring anything good while I'm gone Xur oh god that's going to be the week you sell Saint-14 isn't it), so I'm going to try to get Nightfall, PoE 32/34, and ideally VoG done and hit at least Rank 3 with Irascible Bivalve before I get on a plane. WISH ME LUCK.

• Options
    DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    I used to be so ready for IB each time it came up - but the armor pieces this time round are pretty lackluster, like it was before, but now I really notice due to the Titan Knight armor for the Taken King being shown, I don't know if I have the Ash Ketchum in me to actually try for any of the remaining HoW gear.

Plus, with the way HoW deals with upgrades, the majority of teams you face are usually LL34 anyway, which tends to negate what IB is all about. IB worked really well in Vanilla, because it made those that had conquered the hardest PvE content into the Gods of the Crucible, which for me worked really well Lore wise, these guys have defeated a God of Time, let them run rampant in the Crucible so that lesser men (i.e. those with shitty RNG) can throw themselves upon the heap in an attempt to attain their own version of top tier armor, in effect it made PvE players the final boss in the top tier PvP content. Which was cool.

Now it's just a game of control where everyone is wearing gold and Thorn is even more prevalent.

(I've been posting a lot today, someone tell me to shut up)

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    rndmhero wrote: »
    So going back and forth between the Thorn and my Spare Change .25 with counterbalance and third eye.

I really like my Spare Change more. Maybe because I have hours of more practice on it, but I can just better consistently get crits with it. One day I'll find a Hopscotch....one day....

Is hopscotch really that different from spare change? Worse range, a bit better stability?

The big difference is recoil pattern. Apparently Spare Change kicks up and to the left whereas Hopscotch just goes straight up.

EDIT: It is *significant*:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Iodev2JNc

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Dajoran wrote: »
    I used to be so ready for IB each time it came up - but the armor pieces this time round are pretty lackluster, like it was before, but now I really notice due to the Titan Knight armor for the Taken King being shown, I don't know if I have the Ash Ketchum in me to actually try for any of the remaining HoW gear.

Plus, with the way HoW deals with upgrades, the majority of teams you face are usually LL34 anyway, which tends to negate what IB is all about. IB worked really well in Vanilla, because it made those that had conquered the hardest PvE content into the Gods of the Crucible, which for me worked really well Lore wise, these guys have defeated a God of Time, let them run rampant in the Crucible so that lesser men (i.e. those with shitty RNG) can throw themselves upon the heap in an attempt to attain their own version of top tier armor, in effect it made PvE players the final boss in the top tier PvP content. Which was cool.

Now it's just a game of control where everyone is wearing gold and Thorn is even more prevalent.

(I've been posting a lot today, someone tell me to shut up)

Yeah, I was really bummed out about my schedule this week and missing out on the helm. Then I realized I have NEVER equipped my IB gear thus far. So really, why would I want the full set to begin with?

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I don't care about IB gear so much but I need that sweet sweet Etheric Light. This Word of Crota's not gonna ascend itself!

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    3clipse wrote: »
    I don't care about IB gear so much but I need that sweet sweet Etheric Light. This Word of Crota's not gonna ascend itself!

I think like Dajoran said, the Pokemon effect is strong with me. I wanted it just to have it. However, since I'm now HoW complete and hell, Year One complete, it's fading away and I don't feel the need for a piece of armor I won't equip in TTK.

I'll farm the ever living crap out of motes, materials and glimmer items though! :hydra:

Celian on
    PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular

I'm probably just wasting my time trying to get a hopscotch. But at the very least it frees up a slot from counterbalance.

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    They really need to fix the piece of shit reward system for crucible - in every match so far today the losing team has received better rewards than the winning.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    Gilbert0Gilbert0 North of SeattleRegistered User regular

I'm probably just wasting my time trying to get a hopscotch. But at the very least it frees up a slot from counterbalance.

Or if you still have prior to HoW is the "Three Little Words". Same impact/rate of fire, recoil goes straight up. I have mine with Third Eye and Headseeker (body shots increase precision damage), I love it. I can see everything and "by design" of the pulse rifle, 1 neck shot and 2 precision shots (with the recoil) does great damage.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Gilbert0 wrote: »

Or if you still have prior to HoW is the "Three Little Words". Same impact/rate of fire, recoil goes straight up. I have mine with Third Eye and Headseeker (body shots increase precision damage), I love it. I can see everything and "by design" of the pulse rifle, 1 neck shot and 2 precision shots (with the recoil) does great damage.

I need to go home and test the recoil pattern on my Super Pox VLO to see if its worth grinding for a Hopscotch

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I've been trying for a Dry Rot and pulled two hopscotches in the process.

One's got hidden hand, outlaw and braced frame.

If I was a pulse rifle guy inn the crucible, I'd be pretty happy.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular

sweet roll. You may be a pulse rifle guy soon depending on the patch.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Trojan35 wrote: »

sweet roll. You may be a pulse rifle guy soon depending on the patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmhnh-Xnivs

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I was thinking about collecting one set of Iron Banner gear per character. Then they stopped selling it. So I said lol, fuck that and moved on to exclusively playing for Etheric Lights. Which IB is great for. More fun than 34 PoE, if more time overall.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I dont see why we couldnt just have the option to buy the new Iron Banner set alongside the old set? Pick the set you want (secretly judging you if you'd pick Iron Breed over Iron Regalia)

My interest in collecting IB sets flew out of the window as soon as I saw these Iron Breed sets replacing Regalia and also The Taken Kings Iron Banner sets on the horizon replacing Iron Breed.

If the sets were sold side by side, same stats just cosmetic differences, I'd still be interested.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

Where are you pulling legendaries from?

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    So IB is tomorrow then? Doesn't the old IB rep trick still work to buy stuff at the beginning? If so I may have to take advantage of that. Only had enough money for my rank 5 EL last time.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    So IB is tomorrow then? Doesn't the old IB rep trick still work to buy stuff at the beginning? If so I may have to take advantage of that. Only had enough money for my rank 5 EL last time.

It did last time.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    What old IB rep trick to buy stuff at the beginning?

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    They really need to fix the piece of shit reward system for crucible - in every match so far today the losing team has received better rewards than the winning.

Totally disagree. If you only reward the winners, as opposed to random drops, you basically dig a hole that lower-tier players can never dig themselves out of and you heavily encourage dropping when you're not winning a match. It would be unquestionably bad for the game.

And yes, I say this as someone who finished in last place once with a sub-0.20 KDR and got a Hawkmoon for it.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Seen on reddit, linking to imgur:

http://imgur.com/a/Fems5

Spoilering the wallpaper he made from them:
    vm5wicA.jpg

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Don't assume I have this right and probably google a reddit post or something but:

If you're logged in and in orbit when IB goes live (1 PM EST last time) you select the tower as your destination. It will say something like "requirements not met". Change a piece of armor. Now you can select the Tower. Go buy IB stuff. Profit.

If you do literally anything else it will reset your IB rep. Basically the first time you come back to orbit after the reset it zero's your rep. They tried to hack in a fix so you couldn't just go to the tower first but did a pretty poor job of it.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Gilbert0Gilbert0 North of SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015

If you are logged in prior to the reset, and then visit the tower after reset, it carries over your IB rank.

I personally haven't done it and with the "day" reset being 2 am and the "event" (IB) reset being 10 am not exactly sure how that works now. I think you have to stay "active" for 8ish hours. Remember being in orbit will "timeout" after an hour or two so and send you back to the login screen, so you need to stay doing something.

edit - what @DevoutlyApathetic said above.

Gilbert0 on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

Where are you pulling legendaries from?
    Dragon Strikes.

Like it's my job.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Gilbert0 wrote: »

If you are logged in prior to the reset, and then visit the tower after reset, it carries over your IB rank.

I personally haven't done it and with the "day" reset being 2 am and the "event" (IB) reset being 10 am not exactly sure how that works now. I think you have to stay "active" for 8ish hours. Remember being in orbit will "timeout" after an hour or two so and send you back to the login screen, so you need to stay doing something.

edit - what @DevoutlyApathetic said above.

You can't login at 9:50 am and wait until IB goes live?

Because if it works that way I might have to go in to work late tomorrow (one of the only perks of working in academia - no one gives a shit what hours you keep as long as your work gets done). Being able to immediately grab an EL would be nice, take away the pressure of trying to grind up to 3 and get all my weekly runs done before I leave on Friday.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Still two slots left in our HM Crota run, tonight at 9:00pm EST...

https://www.the100.io/game/248443

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Iron Banner is the very best thing in Destiny because it unites us - the lapsed guardians, the persistent guardians, friends and teammates all - and it's back tomorrow.

New thread to memorialize this wonderful weeklong journey. Let's PvP.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/199655/destiny-banners-of-iron-hearts-of-gold-fall-in-pax-arcadia

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    No one for a 32 PoE tonight? The 100 run looks sadly empty.

• Options

Totally disagree. If you only reward the winners, as opposed to random drops, you basically dig a hole that lower-tier players can never dig themselves out of and you heavily encourage dropping when you're not winning a match. It would be unquestionably bad for the game.

And yes, I say this as someone who finished in last place once with a sub-0.20 KDR and got a Hawkmoon for it.

Well, this is anecdotal, but it seems that rewards seem to favor the losing side, which it shouldn't. I'm all for randomized rewards, but I would like them to favor the winning team, example: being on the losing side should never grant an exotic.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options

Well, this is anecdotal, but it seems that rewards seem to favor the losing side, which it shouldn't. I'm all for randomized rewards, but I would like them to favor the winning team, example: being on the losing side should never grant an exotic.

This is quite likely to be just observational bias. You have an innate sense of what should happen and so when things follow in accordance with that expectation you don't notice it as unusual but when the opposite happens it makes a larger impact on you. If the rewards are actually random those scenarios should happen an equal amount of the time but one leaves a lasting memory while the other is quickly forgotten.

Human brain sucks, more at eleven.

• Options

This is quite likely to be just observational bias. You have an innate sense of what should happen and so when things follow in accordance with that expectation you don't notice it as unusual but when the opposite happens it makes a larger impact on you. If the rewards are actually random those scenarios should happen an equal amount of the time but one leaves a lasting memory while the other is quickly forgotten.

It's definitely RNG, but I has three won matches in a row today, 4 BTRD's dropped for the losing team in those. That is pretty ridiculous.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

It's definitely RNG, but I has three won matches in a row today, 4 BTRD's dropped for the losing team in those. That is pretty ridiculous.

It's silly to look at a sample size of three. The distribution is over 10s of THOUSANDS of matches.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I like the RNG system

Fuck the winners getting better stuff

• Options
    GoldenHawkGoldenHawk Registered User regular

It's silly to look at a sample size of three. The distribution is over 10s of THOUSANDS of matches.

What a...mean.....thing to say...

(Heyoooooo)

#statjokes

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Quickest and easiest nightfall ever. Hop on LFG, and they're already at the tank. Burn everything down, and it's over. One person got Truth and the other a really bad voidfang vestmants roll. I got some purple pulse rifle. So I've done the nightfall I think 5 weeks in a row now after coming back for HoW. Got 3 Thunderlords in a Row I believe, and now two purples. Some strange RNG there. Still no Giglahorn. I'll get it one day before the next expansion and the very first quest will involve it getting erased from existence.

*edit* Ooops saved tabs. There's a new thread. Sorry.

Tommatt on