As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The GODDAMN YOU ROBERT KIRKMAN Fan Club

2»

• Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    saint2e wrote:
    Guys, because everyone likes Invincible and Robert Kirkman, by the laws of physics that means he actually SUCKS, and people are just stupid for liking him.

Because anything that a lot of people like invariably sucks.

Think about that.

This post brought to you by DouglasDanger
    I predict that Douglas hates that you said that. And hates Robert Kirkman. And hates hate itself.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Knob wrote:
    hee hee hee

i am waiting for jordyn to stumble across some battle pope

it will be hilarious

They have at the comic shop here and I've been wanting to get but we just haven't yet.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Hay guys, I like his UXM run quite a bit. Am I going to hell? :roll:

Kirkman's got some solid stuff, but I honestly haven't read most of it. I've never read more than a few issues of WD or Invincible and haven't touched Marvel Zombies. League of Losers in MTU was great, though. Ant-Man #1 was okay, I guess. So, yeah, I guess I'm a fan, but not as much as Jordyn. :P

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    wwtMask wrote:
    Hay guys, I like his UXM run quite a bit. Am I going to hell? :roll:

Kirkman's got some solid stuff, but I honestly haven't read most of it. I've never read more than a few issues of WD or Invincible and haven't touched Marvel Zombies. League of Losers in MTU was great, though. Ant-Man #1 was okay, I guess. So, yeah, I guess I'm a fan, but not as much as Jordyn. :P
    Dude, I liked the Magician thing more than a lot of people, but the annual...just no. do not want.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Yeah, Magician was pretty badass...too bad his powers make Wanda's look like parlor tricks, otherwise he'd be a really good addition to the team. I just hope they don't abandon him forever. I'd be really interested to see an Ultimate Dr. Strange/Magician one-shot or mini, actually.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I never liked Ultimate X-Men.

The first 2 arcs were okay. Not terrible.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    wwtMask wrote:
    I just hope they don't abandon him forever.
    Didn't he run off to Antarctica? You know, where Magneto and Longshot are?

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    wwtMask wrote:

Insert G'nort joke here.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    Kaosu ReidoKaosu Reido Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:

Insert G'nort joke here.

No, don't.

Or Didio'll kill him off because "comedy doesn't sell".

Kaosu Reido on
    KAOSU REIDO - The Bullet Of Justice Caps Evil's Ass

dygenguardsig2asp0.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:

Insert G'nort joke here.

No, don't.

Or Didio'll kill him off because "comedy doesn't sell".
    Oh, come on. Nobody likes G'nort. They'll only kill off the ones people like.

And leave G'nort alive.

That's the gr8test revenge of all.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    IFistGnort.jpg

Hey, ya know what was really fucking mean?

At Comic-Con, the Kirkman panel overlapped with the Bruce Timm panel.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    You paw G'nort?

Fram must be jealous.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2006

And leave G'nort alive.

Actually, G'Nort's getting turned into a grimmer, more serious version of himself in Howard Chaykin's upcoming Guy Gardner mini. I have a terrible feeling about it.

Munch on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Munch wrote:

And leave G'nort alive.

Actually, G'Nort's getting turned into a grimmer, more serious version of himself in Howard Chaykin's upcoming Guy Gardner mini. I have a terrible feeling about it.

I have a terrible feeling about it because Chaykin is doing the art.

Horrible horrible art.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Yes. The whole project sounds like a massive black hole of mediocrity from which nothing awesome can escape.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but if Chaykin's doing the art, it's already off to a bad start. His work on Blade makes my eyes hurt. Why is this guy getting paid to draw professionally?

wwtMask on
  • Options
    Kaosu ReidoKaosu Reido Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I just bought the first three Invincible Trades because I can't find the hardcover anywhere. I am sad, but will probably buy the hardcover as well simply due to its mass amounts of AWESOME.

AWESOME.

Kaosu Reido on
    KAOSU REIDO - The Bullet Of Justice Caps Evil's Ass

dygenguardsig2asp0.png
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    did you check amazon, because they have about a billion.

Angry on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Invincible never did anything for me - Silver Age Supes meets Dawson's Creek just isn't my bag. I don't understand the appeal or the enthusiastic reaction to Walking Dead - it just seemed really boring and kind of dumb, and I love zombies. Speaking of zombies, Marvel Zombies started out real strong and just fizzled and stretched until I didn't care about it anymore. His run on Ultimate X-Men pales in comparison to those of Millar, Bendis and Vaughan and caused me to drop the book.

He's one writer that I've just never clicked with.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I'm just curious, Terror, how much of Invincible did you read?

Because I was only a mild fan until I read the third one, that was when I got on board.

And I never watched Dawson's Creek, so maybe there was something about the show I didn't know about, but there's really not much angsty teenage stuff in it. It sorta sounds like you read the first trade and dropped it.

I read the second, then the first, then the third, and on from there, and the first one is probably my least favourite.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    What happened with him doing a project with McFarlane? Remember that? I really want to see that happen.

Grifter on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Munch wrote:

And leave G'nort alive.

I have a terrible feeling about it because Chaykin is doing the art.

Horrible horrible art.

And they are bringing back Guy Gardner's Warrior power in it.

Alright, I made that up. But somebody is going to think it's a good idea and make it happen sooner or later.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    It made me sad to read a little article by the writer on Guy's "Warrior" series, about how he originally wanted to just forget all about superpowers and make Guy into a real pulpy Tom Strong/Buck Rogers type hero, only for editorial to say, "Well, how about if he can make weapons out of his arms?!" The writer responded, "Well uh, like spears and knives and stuff like that? Like, maybe just every now and then?" To which editorial said, "Fuck no! Like guns and cannons and making his dick into a bazooka! Hey yeah, put that in there!"

God, that Vuldarian shit was retarded.
    Grifter wrote:
    What happened with him doing a project with McFarlane? Remember that? I really want to see that happen.

Well, it was really only posed as a hypothetical, where Kirkman just sort of called him out at a convention. Also, keep in mind that the last comic work that McFarlane did was on that big Image hardcover, where, from what I heard, he basically did a few pin-ups and then put some prose beside it. Additionally, on the next comic work he's doing, he's being credited along with another artist, and the general consensus is that he'll put his name on it to give it a little name recognition, and maybe draw some layouts or something, only to have the other guy actually finish the whole thing.

I really don't think McFarlane's fast enough, or even cares enough, to do any kind of timely pencilling these days.

Munch on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Munch wrote:

Yet people complained when they got rid of it in Rebirth.

I dunno.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Comic book fan logic.

If you change something they hate it. If you don't change it they hate it.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Munch wrote:

I dunno.

How did they get rid of it? I dont even remember the Gardner shit from Rebirth - I was too pissed about the whole "The Devil made me do it" shit with Parrallax/Jordan.

Hensler on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Munch wrote:

I dunno.

How did they get rid of it? I dont even remember the Gardner shit from Rebirth - I was too pissed about the whole "The Devil made me do it" shit with Parrallax/Jordan.
    Something about his system rejecting the Vuldarian crap. He exploded.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Comic book fan logic.

If you change something they hate it. If you don't change it they hate it.

Well, you fail to factor in how shitty, retarded, or shitarded the thing being changed is. Plus, comic fandom is, y'know, a few hundred thousand people who have their own opinions on things, so naturally some people will gripe and some will be overjoyed when stuff gets mixed up a bit.

Munch on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    so actually on the topic of kirkman.

i have 1-5 of the walking dead trades and is it just me or is it getting progressively worse as it goes?

i pretty much don't care about any of the characters anymore.

Angry on
  • Options
    Zodiac BraveZodiac Brave Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Marvel Zombies is soooooo good.

Zodiac Brave on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    They should just print zombies on our money, because zombies make money. Easily.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Angry wrote:

i have 1-5 of the walking dead trades and is it just me or is it getting progressively worse as it goes?

It's probably for the best because they keep dying.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    LRGLRG Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Angry wrote:

Funny, cause I often read a new issue and think it was the best one yet. I always can't wait to see what happens next.

Shit, I'm gonna go read the newest issues right now.

LRG on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    Munch wrote:
    Grifter wrote:

Well, it was really only posed as a hypothetical, where Kirkman just sort of called him out at a convention. Also, keep in mind that the last comic work that McFarlane did was on that big Image hardcover, where, from what I heard, he basically did a few pin-ups and then put some prose beside it. Additionally, on the next comic work he's doing, he's being credited along with another artist, and the general consensus is that he'll put his name on it to give it a little name recognition, and maybe draw some layouts or something, only to have the other guy actually finish the whole thing.

I really don't think McFarlane's fast enough, or even cares enough, to do any kind of timely pencilling these days.

Yeah, I knew all the details. I was at that convention. I heard about it from Crabtree. I've just been waiting to hear more about it somewhere ever since but still nothing. I just think that it'd be a really good project. It's been a really long time since McFarlane has actually done a comic. It'd be cool to see him back in action. I mean, if Jim Lee can still be out there then surely Todd McFarlane could be.

Grifter on