As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

They see me rollin They droolin They tryin to catch me shillin cookies [Cookie Brigade]

punziepunzie Cookie PimpRegistered User regular
edited June 2015 in PAX West
If you were looking for information regarding becoming a part of the Cookie Brigade for PAX Prime 2015 or you're just curious about what we're all about then you're in the right place. We're gearing up for PAX Prime 2015 and looking forward to trying to raise more than last year's amazing $27,500!

If you're not already registered on the Cookie Brigade website please do so ASAP! Information on how to join the PAX Prime 2015 group will be coming soon!

wQojq.png

WHO WE ARE:

The Cookie Brigade is a ragtag group of Penny Arcade forumers who have assembled since PAX 2007 to provide our fellow gamers with delicious baked goods! Cookies are baked by forumers, brought and shipped from afar by forumers, and distributed by forumers!

The Cookie Brigade does not sell cookies. We give cookies away for free.

Brigadiers also accept donations to Child's Play, which are entirely voluntary and greatly appreciated!

And it's very convenient to get a cookie and give a donation at the same time.

Starting in 2007, the Cookie Brigade began a mission to give these cookies in exchange for donations to Child's Play, the charity started by Mike and Jerry that provides entertainment to kids in children's hospitals. Since starting on this mission, the Cookie Brigade has raised over $215,000 mostly by the handing out of cookies and the reception of donations from the incredible, amazing, and generous PAX community! In 2014 alone we raised over $68,000 for Child's Play! Woooooot! Thank you everyone for your generous donations, you have helped an awesome cause!

WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?

Looking to Volunteer? Head to http://cookiebrigade.org/ for more information!

Looking for some general information? Check us out on the PAX Community Wiki!

You can also find us on the following social media locations,

Twitter: @Cookie Brigade
G+: Cookie Brigade

And during or pre-pax, feel free to light up the Cookie Signal!

Hashtag: #cookiebrigade

I WANT TO HELP IN THE BRIGADE!

If you're interested in
  • Baking delicious cookies
  • Distributing to people during PAX
  • Helping organize cookies and distributors

We can definitely use your help! Sign up at our website, http://cookiebrigade.org if you wish to participate in the organizing, baking, and/or distributing!

An important note: due to certain external pressures on the Brigade we have to keep some of our more sensitive planning operations private. If you sign up on the Cookie Brigade website you will have access to our public forums but will need to submit an application through the site to become a brigadier. Thank you for your understanding!

BASIC BRIGADE GUIDELINES

• We give out cookies, we do not sell cookies! We do happily pass donations along to Child's Play, so feel free to give us donations if you want.
  • Keep it PG and family friendly. We love to give cookies out to kids and as such we ask all brigadiers to remain family friendly with their cookies (sorry no dickerdoodles) and distributing activities!
  • Have fun and enjoy PAX!

HI3789R.png
punzie on

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    WuShock, brigadier in good standing, pledges cookies for PAX Prime.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    We are in serious need of bakers! If you can bake a dozen cookies to donate to the brigade, please consider signing up. Having enough cookies for 4 days of PAX is a tough job!
    Bonus: even if you aren't attending Prime, you can still bake cookies and ship them to us!

I'm planning to bring some Punzie's Funzies (Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies) and peanut butter banana cookies (which are vegan, gluten-free, and DELICIOUS).

HI3789R.png
    edited June 2015
    I'm sure that I can get at least 10 dozen total chocolate chip and snickerdoodles there. Also, I'm going to try and get some more of the frosted Pokeballs and Dragonballs there.

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »
    I'm sure that I can get at least 10 dozen total chocolate chip and snickerdoodles there. Also, I'm going to try and get some more of the frosted Pokeballs and Dragonballs there.
    No gross of cookies this time? I am disappointed<sarcasm>.

YoungFrey wrote: »
    WuShock wrote: »
    No gross of cookies this time? I am disappointed<sarcasm>.

That's the difference between paying someone to ship them and driving them there my own damn self.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    I am interested in shipping cookies (I'm going to prime but heck if I want to drag them on a plane!)

Does anyone have packing advice? Best company to ship with? My business's fedex driver has a vendetta against all packages everywhere so he tends to break things... didn't know if that was universal :)

Keroan wrote: »
    I am interested in shipping cookies (I'm going to prime but heck if I want to drag them on a plane!)

Does anyone have packing advice? Best company to ship with? My business's fedex driver has a vendetta against all packages everywhere so he tends to break things... didn't know if that was universal :)

I usually just go with Priority Mail. I do make harder cookies for shipping and freeze them before shipping to increase the chance of them arriving intact. Using bubble wrap and/or packing peanuts to cushion/insulate is a good idea too.

You'll want to get them in the mail no later than Monday of the week of Prime tobmake sure they get there by Thursday.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

You would want to individually ziplock each cookie for distribution, correct?

You would want to individually ziplock each cookie for distribution, correct?

Yes, or some other sort of individual wrapping (say plastic wrap).

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

Excellent. You're the best :D

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    We are in serious need of bakers! If you can bake a dozen cookies to donate to the brigade, please consider signing up. Having enough cookies for 4 days of PAX is a tough job!
    Bonus: even if you aren't attending Prime, you can still bake cookies and ship them to us!

I'm planning to bring some Punzie's Funzies (Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies) and peanut butter banana cookies (which are vegan, gluten-free, and DELICIOUS).

How late can we let you know on this? I have a holiday planned right before we drop off the kids so we can go to PAX (As in arrive home late Saturday and then leave again early Tuesday to drop off). I don't want to say that I can bake some cookies and then realize...damn, I don't actually have time for that.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!

USPS priority is the generally preferred method because of their 3-day shipping and flat rate boxes. You'll also want to sign up on the site to get all the details as they become available (shipping location, discussions about how to ship without your cookies becoming a crumbly mess, etc) www.cookiebrigade.org
    I look forward to having you aboard :)

HI3789R.png
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    My birthday is August 21st and my mom always makes me cookies for my b-day because holy fucking shit they're good and I need my fix. I just asked her if she'd be willing to make a batch for the Cookie Brigade and she said yes! I'll be delivering a batch of them to you all when I arrive at PAX!
    EDIT:
    Read the article and they are short on bakers. No worries, I'll make a pile of cookies.
    My mom is the best.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    Fenrisfang wrote: »

How late can we let you know on this? I have a holiday planned right before we drop off the kids so we can go to PAX (As in arrive home late Saturday and then leave again early Tuesday to drop off). I don't want to say that I can bake some cookies and then realize...damn, I don't actually have time for that.

Things happen. You can sign up on the site with your good intentions and if things fall throug, there's always future years to try again! I think I saw you did make an account on our site, so you'll just have to apply as a brigadier and join the prime'15 group now.

HI3789R.png
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    I'm ready to get my bake on, I signed up and think I was approved, I just had some questions? Like how many cookies should I bake? Am I restricted on flavor...as I have a weakness for oatmeal cookies, especially oatmeal cocolate chip! And packaging...can I just use the clear treat bags. I usually just bake a devoure, I'm working on my sharing skills.

I'm ready to get my bake on, I signed up and think I was approved, I just had some questions? Like how many cookies should I bake? Am I restricted on flavor...as I have a weakness for oatmeal cookies, especially oatmeal cocolate chip! And packaging...can I just use the clear treat bags. I usually just bake a devoure, I'm working on my sharing skills.

Bake however many cookies you want. We'll take as many or as few as you give us.
    The Only flavor restrictions are keep it pg (no dickerdoodles or anything like that) and no alcohol (rum balls, etc).
    Treat bags work fine as long as they are closed well.

Check out the baking section of the forums on the cb site. There are threads discussing these things and more, with a couple years worth of opinions and advice :)

HI3789R.png
  • TeganJTeganJ Puget SoundRegistered User regular
    What grocery store(s) did all our bulk order cookies come from last year? I can do my normal gross but can plan on buying a bulk order as well if it looks like cookie amounts might be anything like last year. Oh and I can bring my red cart for distributors to use as well.

PAX West 2016: Badges [x] Pre-PAX Dinner: [x] TWDT: [x] Slytherin DE House Elf Cookies baked for Cookie Brigade: TBD August 2016
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    If my mom can get me her recipe in time I'm going to try making a batch of peppernuts and getting them out to you guys. See maybe if they might go over well to be worth making a larger batch for South.

steam_sig.png
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    Yum!

fss_overall.png
    edited August 2015
    Lies and slander! I answered my own question. Get hyped for cookies!

Keroan on
    We are raffling off a set of prime badges in order to help with our internal expenses. Every $10 you donate is one entry. The winner will be pulled around 1am eastern on Tuesday morning (about 12 hours from the time of this post). Full details are here: http://www.cookiebrigade.org/forum/index.php?topic=831.0
    Thank you and good luck!

HI3789R.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    ^^ This was pre-cleared with the management btw.

The person who won the badges is an awesome guy an has donated them back to us to raise more money. We are extending the raffle until Thursday evening. Every $10 will get you 1 entry in the raffle.
    The money will help us fund things like buttons and business cards to give out at paxes, and help us get water and snacks to keep our brigadiers running at peak performance through the weekend.

HI3789R.png
  • ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    What happed to you guys this year? not enough signups? I did not see 1 single cookie brigade person all 4 days and I was looking for cookies! All I saw was 1 meager box dropped at BYOC.

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    The brigadiers are out there! I think they are still out distributing and making drop offs. Follow them on twitter for updates.

• aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    We certainly have less distributors this year, but we're definitely there! As ClannMorgan said, follow on Twitter to see where they are heading or to request cookies.

fss_overall.png
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I saw the same Cookie Distribution Agent three times during the convention...and ended up with three cookies...

Dreamwriter on
    edited September 2015
    ElmoFuntz wrote: »
    What happed to you guys this year? not enough signups? I did not see 1 single cookie brigade person all 4 days and I was looking for cookies!

We had 13 distibutors this pax. They don't distribute full time because, of course, they want to see things and play games too. Even when we have double that number, it's still possible to go all pax without seeing one. It's all about right time and place.
    I you do want to game the system, as was mentioned already, twitter is the way to do it. Not just following the twitter (@cookie_brigade) but even tweeting your cookie requests and where you are. When you do that, we will send someone if we can.

And as always, you could volunteer for next time! Even an hour or 2 out of your pax, means many more people seeing us and more donations for Child's Play. :)
    http://www.cookiebrigade.org

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    Thank you everyone for helping us raise $20,000 this pax! Child's Play will be able to help a lot of people with that money.

HI3789R.png