As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League Of Legends: River Kings, a Brackish Keel-Overhaul of Piracy and LCS in full swing

196979899100102»

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Thanks Goum. I don't need to be the hero and carry games, I just want to ideally win my lane and not be a weight on the team.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    In the right comp being an important part of the statement though. Darius is pretty niche compared to a lot of top laners.

No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    As the thread ends, here's some Garen music for the just soul

This sounds really nice, I really love the start of it.

LilleDjevel on
    Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Exarch wrote: »
    In the right comp being an important part of the statement though. Darius is pretty niche compared to a lot of top laners.

I think less than people realize since Darius is usually misplayed by trying to get resets rather than just dumping as much true damage as possible as fast as possible on the first target (usually the tank). Unless he is stunlocked by gnar or some such he has a lot of kite/kill/peel power.

wbBv3fj.png
    edited July 2015

I can only play one or two champs with any semblance of competency, mainly Darius or Olaf. I get what you are saying about team comps, but putting it delicately, I'm not going to get to diamond/plat or any high elo, so I just want to play the characters I have fun on, regardless of comp. Is that like super rude? I mean I can probably do okay with Darius mostly, I don't really know how to play AP tops like Rumble or Cho. Wouldn't it be better to play one or two champs that I'm comfortable on instead of forcing myself to play a champ I will probably feed on just to match my team comp?

Edit:
    Goumindong wrote: »

I think less than people realize since Darius is usually misplayed by trying to get resets rather than just dumping as much true damage as possible as fast as possible on the first target (usually the tank). Unless he is stunlocked by gnar or some such he has a lot of kite/kill/peel power.

This, pretty much. I don't go for resets on my ult, though I will take them if they present themselves. I go for killing my designated target as quickly as possible and hooking squishies into my group to get deleted.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
    edited July 2015
    No, it's not(super rude). And fortunately for you Darius and Olaf go well in two opposite types of comps. Darius likes to kite/counter engage and Olaf likes to dive the back line.

Edit: made clear what question I was referring to. Though learning new champs is always good

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Darius does asstons of damage and can kill anybody. Ideally you get resets on him if you are fed and somehow got into the backline/your team had good engage or CC, but you can equally sit in the middle and kill the enemy frontline with giant true damage and have your team clean up the rest. He only has problems against super kite comps and when his own backliners are already losing.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    @ rest of the participants in my 6 man fantasy league:
    cziOGiJ.png

*glances at points against*

I think it's safe to say I got fucked week after week

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I just won a silly game with a Nami ADC on my team. I'm amused.

I mean, they wrecked bot lane.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Crushed a Riven in lane, didn't matter, TF decides to afk in base "getting a drink of water" because he wasn't getting enough farm. Welp.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Full AD Garen is too damn fun.

This is a guy that I feel could actually use all those BF Swords and Black Clvears in combat.

• Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Crushed a Riven in lane, didn't matter, TF decides to afk in base "getting a drink of water" because he wasn't getting enough farm. Welp.

I watched part of that while I waited for my sister to log on, your TF and Yi were trying so hard to lose that game it was amazing. I think they were 0/6 and 0/5 and still charging full-speed into the 10-kills-Tristana when I looked in. Yowch.

Just had a funny ARAM game, we were team support bot (Thresh/Braum/Nami/Annie+Varus) versus team jungle (Nocturne/Udyr/Nidalee/Rek'sai/Shen). Team jungle got utterly steam-rolled, Annie went 20/2/22 O_O.

I don't know if this has changed at all, but if Darius can only crit with basic attacks, not abilities, then crit on Triforce and whatnot is not as valuable to him since only aa's will even crit, correct?

• PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I don't know if this has changed at all, but if Darius can only crit with basic attacks, not abilities, then crit on Triforce and whatnot is not as valuable to him since only aa's will even crit, correct?

Abilities never crit unless they modify an AA (so Darius's w I think it is) and then it only effects the AA portion and not the ability portion (gangplanks q is an exception).

Triforce isn't that good on Darius because he doesn't weave abilities and so doesn't get a lot out of the bonus damage proc. he doesn't use AP so wastes those stats. And has high raw AD scaling so would rather have that.

wbBv3fj.png
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Friendly Reminder: On Hit fizz jungle is bad. STOP DOING IT. Devourer->nashor->wits is a bad build on EVERY champion. Please stop doing it.
    Thank you.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    You know what Justice feels like?

Two Infinity Edges, a Black Cleaver, a Ghostblade, and a Frozen Mallet spinning into enemies and Judging people.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Tried GP (vs Riven); was very much not 'K. I didn't even have fun on him.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    that usually happens when you play against riven

• LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

I was thinking it, but I wasn't gonna say it. But then you did it for me saveing me the trouble!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

I was even fine for the first 4 levels, to the point where I was wondering what was going on, then I realized what was going on was that my ward expired and I died to a gank, and then began a spiral of feeding. Built tank out of desperation and did absolutely nothing the entire game (other than more feeding before achieving tankiness), but the rest of my team (a trio or maybe quad queue) scaled well and carried. *shrug* I don't mind feeding in normals; just wanted to see if new GP clicked.

Steam, LoL: credeiki