As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Summer [chat] Done Quick

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    according to google maps, the shooting was 300 metres from my house

Hey as long as the shooting wasn't inside your house or at your house you're all good in my book

you've to walk past it to get to my house

i'm glad they did a good job of cleaning it up

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Giving up on State of Decay. Gathering resources and running down zombies is fun. Dealing with the Real World level drama with NPCs and not being able to swing a bat more than a half dozen times before I'm wheezing like a 4 pack a day smoker makes it not worthwhile.

nibXTE7.png
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    I accidently viewed a random advertisement just now, is it just me or are skin care ads getting more ridiculous?

Buy new brandname foreignpossiblyfrenchsoundingword elixir now with more letter number for more denser (wtf?) radiant etc etc etc skin new from brandname. All over a backdrop of impossibly smooth and probably photo shopped skin bearing models.

My ultra-dense gamma-radiant neutronium pulsar skin is the envy of legions, so much so that the IAEA's cited concerns over warping gravity leading to spontaneous space-time anomalies alongside omnilethal radioactive contamination and has petitioned governments to ban nine out of ten of my personal choices for skin care products.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i have ninth anniversary badge and i'm an infant q.e.d

P10 signed up before he was conceived.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Giving up on State of Decay. Gathering resources and running down zombies is fun. Dealing with the Real World level drama with NPCs and not being able to swing a bat more than a half dozen times before I'm wheezing like a 4 pack a day smoker makes it not worthwhile.

yeah, the game had a lot of promise but was ultimately boring

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I don't know how I feel about the death penalty generally, but they should secure the person who killed that lion. Maybe let lions eat him alive? Seems fair.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Hmm these 3d Doritos aren't bad.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I don't know how I feel about the death penalty generally, but they should secure the person who killed that lion. Maybe let lions eat him alive? Seems fair.

Dude u better not let a chicken eat me bro

sig.gif
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

It reminds me of Far Cry 2. Drive through an outpost, clear it out, go do something, drive back, outpost is full of bad guys again.

If they let you build walls, gradually fence off parts of the town, build a legit compound, and actually clear out zombies it would be so much better. Instead I'm stuck searching for "cord" to upgrade my medical tent...

nibXTE7.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

it's fun in concept though.

steam_sig.png
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    according to google maps, the shooting was 300 metres from my house

Hey as long as the shooting wasn't inside your house or at your house you're all good in my book

This is a bad attitude. Please call the police the next time someone shoots a gun outside your house!

But the dude was shooting at the police so they already knew about it.

Sheesh skfm get with the program man.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Hi chat I am grilling

How are you nerds

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Hello!

ftOqU21.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Hi chat I am grilling

How are you nerds

thinking about grilling tbh

steam_sig.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

This can also describe Elite: Dangerous.

Punishment fits the crime.

You killed a chicken?

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    everytime someone at SGDQ says 'it saves about a second' I get a raging hard on

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Dull night at work. Little to do. Some coffee baileys between me and the bartender to ease the monotony. Then beers after work.

A is in stavanger and this is dull.

ftOqU21.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

This can also describe Elite: Dangerous.

i haven't played that but i can believe it from what i've seen

I think I'd feel better about killing a person that was attacking me than an innocent animal like a deer even. It's just standing there being a deer. Why would anyone kill it?

You choked a chicken?

maybe the deer said something about my momma

You choked a chicken?

Death by cock seems fitting then.

I think I'd feel better about killing a person that was attacking me than an innocent animal like a deer even. It's just standing there being a deer. Why would anyone kill it?

1. They're tasty
    2. When it comes to vehicles they have the self-preservation skills of a landmine

ftOqU21.png
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Rich white american spends tens of thousands of dollars to go have someone bring a lion to him so he can shoot it.

Compensation much?

Neco on

"Your momma is so irreverent she betrayed god's command and ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge."

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

don't you eat meat

• KanaKana Registered User regular

"Your momma is so irreverent she betrayed god's command and ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge."

Yo momma is so fat that when god tried to turn her into a pillar of salt she ate that too!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/1995/02/26

don't you eat meat

Yeah but I don't kill anything.

I also feel less bad about animals raised for good. They wouldn't exist but to be eaten. Wild animals are just out there living their lives though. It's sad.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    orange is the new black is too wacky for me to really enjoy it

idk

I feel like prison is not a really wacky place

Yo momma is so fat that when god tried to turn her into a pillar of salt she ate that too!

Yo momma is so hairy Isaac confused her for Esau.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    don't you eat meat

Yeah but I don't kill anything.

The paid the farmer to raise the chicken and the butcher to butch the chicken. It's included in the price. $3.99 a pound.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

how are you still standing

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Casual Eddy: best poster of 2015

gotta update that stuff man

Orphane wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

how are you still standing

you could say he's propped up

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Abdhyius wrote: »

1. They're tasty
    2. When it comes to vehicles they have the self-preservation skills of a landmine

We kinda killed the things that normally kill deer.

So there are too many deer.

And now deer mostly die from hunting and being hit by cars.

So hunting deer means fewer cars are destroyed and drivers are injured.

Also: they taste good, and killing deer has basically no carbon footprint, uses basically no extra water and does almost no damage to the environment.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    does anyone here have experience with transatlantic flights

return to Florida is ~€500

one way to Florida is €550, Florida to New York is €110 each way, New York to Dublin is €550

would I be best just getting return flights between Dublin and Florida/Florida and NYC (so Dub -> Flo -> NYC -> Flo -> Dub). Would add another stop to the trip, but save me like €600

That seems pretty sane to me. Though I would advise against doing the two return legs (NYC to Florida then Florida to Dublin) without at least a day in between, just in case there is some kind of shenanigans on the NYC to Florida bit and you miss the flight back to Dublin.

Also fucking preclearance in Dublin Airport is a fucking joke, give yourself more than three hours from entering the airport to boarding, if you can.

I almost missed mine because of fuck off queues going on forever.

is this some thing with the states? It's never taken me more than like, 40 mins to get through Dub airport security

Yeah, states only.
    So for whatever stupid reason, if you're going from Dublin or Shannon to the states you go through the endless fucknado that is US border control, but in the Airport before you get on your flight.

So because Dublin is a big fucking hub for transatlantic flights everyone going to the States has to pile through this, which is staffed by about thirty people or so, spread over a second security check (with full body scanners!), and two other sets of border desks, bit you only can use one set.
    So if you have an ESTA you can go to the automated scanning and finger print taking machines before reaching the six desks which have only two guys on it, or to the fourteen desks with five guys on it, where they'll do that shit at the desk.

Weeping openly won't speed the process up, but it will probably help pass the time.

sig.gif
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

Well I don't think poaching should be a hanging offense but it's a crime for a reason.

Also this dude apparently bribed some officials along the way which is also a crime for a reason.

He totally deserves to go to prison.

orange is the new black is too wacky for me to really enjoy it

idk

I feel like prison is not a really wacky place

It's over the top but we really like it.

It's cool to have female characters be so diverse in personalities too. Don't see that much at all.

This discussion has been closed.