As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Seattle by Night - A Vampire: The Masquerade [PbP]

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Jack DeLuca

"Don't fucking move, asshole, or your face is going to meet the back of your head in an unfriendly way," I snarl, feeling my eyes go gold as I look at this sniveling puke.

Geth roll 9d10h9 for Eyes of the Serpent on Newt

Eyes of the Serpent:
    9d10h9 5 [9d10h9=7, [10, 8], 5, 5, 9, 9, [10, 7], 2, 9]

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Newt 'gurgh!'s as the Setite catches his gaze.

"What the fuck, man?! Fucking listen to the kid, ya goddamn psychopath," he curses.

Edit: You are correct, goddamn natural language game writing.

Next in the order is... @Delmain

+1 auto-success:
    3d10h9 0 [3d10h9=6, 1, 7]

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    The rules say that no roll required if I do it to a mortal, but "Vampires and other supernatural creatures can also be affected by this power if the Cainite’s player (me) succeeds on a Willpower roll (difficulty 9, which I did). If attacked or otherwise harmed, supernatural creatures can spend a point of Willpower to break the spell".

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Roland

Damnit!

I scramble to my feet, hoping that these idiots don't bring the wrath of the Black Dahlia down on our heads. Not the least of which because I don't need that scrutiny...

"Stop! He might have pissed you off, but killing him would piss off a Primogen. Do you have any idea what that would mean?"

I'm assuming standing up is my action, if it doesn't count, then I'll delay my action to attempt to stop anyone who's going to physically hurt Newt. I'm okay with Jack's attempted paralysis hold or Lizzy using Dementation (or I suppose a Thaumaturgy thing from Damien) but if someone tries to hit or shoot the guy, I'm going to interfere.

• Options
    Gotcha, so next up is...

@Nealneal please give us whatever offering you have up.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Damien Thorn

"Guys...he's cowed. No need to crush him."

I'll try to activate Blood of Potency as prep for the potential melee.
    Edit: I'll lower my generation by 3 for 2 hours.
    Geth roll 6d10h6 for Blood of Potency

Blood of Potency:
    6d10h6 4 [6d10h6=4, 9, 7, 8, 7, 1]

Nealneal on
  • Options
    Okay, Newt is frozen so that means...

@Grunt's Ghosts @shdwcaster you both act simultaneously. Do you heed your allies, or do you fall prey to your darker, more violent urges. You did avoid frenzy so whatever happens next is entirely of your own free will.

What do you do?

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Lizzy Hell

Lizzy lifts her hands at her allies, to show she wasn't going to hurt him. Instead, she walked up to Newt and looked him in the eyes.

"Now, now, boogeyman, calm your thoughts, it will make things more peaceful.
    You're going to sit back down and quit your lying, so they you become useful."

The music that Lizzy heard now could be heard by Newt. The notes were beautiful, soothing, and soft.

I will use Passion to dull his rage back down to something more calm. Charisma (4) +Empathy (0)

Edit: Or not...

Geth roll 4d10h7 for dull the rage return to the cage

dull the rage return to the cage:
    4d10h7 0 [4d10h7=5, 5, 4, 5]

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    At least you didn't botch, right?

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Kris Pearson

This night was not turning out how I'd hoped. A Crown Vic rather than a 740i, no snack, now this... I'd pretty much stayed silent on the couch while Columbo and Sam Spade had tried the good cop/bad cop bit, but when the Nos went on his shoving match...

I stood up, and pulled the Glock 20 from my IWD holster, keeping the gun pointed at the floor in a two-handed low ready stance.

Using my action to stand and draw, basically. Not pointing my gun at Newt, willing to calm down if everyone else will. On the other hand, things get worse next round, Newt's getting a 10mm love-tap to his center of mass.

• Options
    Wait a second, which one of us is Columbo?!

=P

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Since no one actually did any attacking, I'm going to drop the combat round and let you all act freely.

• Options
    Damien Thorn
    Now I'm all hopped up on goofballs though...7th gen...I want to test this power! Just kidding...mostly.

I look at my new friends and say, "Yes. He's a liar. We're all liars. It's a required part of doing business in the kine's world," and then back to the sniveling Newt, "I'm just going to go out on a limb here and guess that 1) You didn't expect to be found so easily, and 2) You freaked out a bit when we didn't buy your, admittedly not very believable, poor little Newt routine. If you are from the Black Network, then your presence shows a very large lack of trust on the part of our 'superiors.' We need some freedom to handle this problem on our own, without constant surveilance by you and yours."

• Options
    The Nosferatu stands frozen to the Setite's gaze, a power that was both awe-inspiring and terrifying to behold. Clearly, you can see Newt struggled against his restraint, but no amount of will could escape once someone locked eyes with Jack. "You... should listen... to Ro-land," he groaned. "I don't come back... where you think - Black Dalhia will look first?"

• Options
    Lizzy Hell

"Let's see our excuses we have on our hands,
    Nosferatu are good at hiding, we have hunters in these lands.
    I thought I heard a wolf howl...
    Who knows if it was a real one or a werewolf growl.
    This isn't the city with all it's nice lights.
    So many misfortunes can befall one at night.
    We have quite a deck of cards while you are holding one,
    We have many bases covered if we choose your life to be done."

• Options
    "Stupid Lunatic... might be - dumbest person... I've had the misfortune to meet," Newt weezes.

• Options
    Lizzy Hell

Lizzy laughed, good and hearty.
    "I've made the Prince loose his cool and not once did I flinch.
    I'm not scared of your Primogen bitch."

Lizzy turned and looked at her companions.
    "Can we go ahead and give him a stake?
    I'm tired of wasting time with this stupid fake."

• Options
    Roland

"While normally I would be completely fine with everyone listening to me," I say, responding to the paralyzed Nosferatu's earlier comment, "I think you actually dug your own grave on this one."

"Even I am doubting the idea of just letting you go. You just threatened to lie to your Primogen to get us in trouble. What proof can you give us that you won't?"

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Minion roll 5d10h6

5d10h6 3 [5d10h6=8, 5, 8, 6, 3]

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    Stop rolling shit...

• Options
    @Grunt's Ghosts Mmm nope.

Minion roll 4d10h8 for Damien
    Minion roll 3d10h9 for Lizzy
    Minion roll 2d10h9 for Kris

Damien:
    4d10h8 0 [4d10h8=6, 4, 1, 3]
    Lizzy:
    3d10h9 0 [3d10h9=8, 4, 7]
    Kris:
    2d10h9 1 [2d10h9=5, [10, 1]]

• Options
    "How ... about... fuck you, that's what?" Newt sneers.

• Options
    Roland

"Okay then," I say. Turning to face more towards the others.

"I vote we stake him and I'll call the sheriff. I can only imagine how he'd feel getting to hold this over the Black Dahlia's head. It'll get this worm out of our hair, and it'll keep him from being able to lie about what we're doing."

• Options
    For the record, I am not at all a fan of all the Rolling and the seeming non-response if our npc

• Options
    Damien Thorn

"If he were Tremere and fucked up this bad, we wouldn't kill him. We'd Blood Bond him."

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Jack DeLuca

"As exciting as it is to gaze deeply into this guy's eyes, I'd prefer to not do this all night. Stake 'em and let the higher-ups figure it out."

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    "You guys needa listen ta Damien more," Newt struggles. "Kid's smart. I'll take bonding over staking. But only ta him. The rest of ya 're goddamned crazy people."

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    Lizzy Hell

"I rather not bound anyone.
    Stake him, turn him in, and let's be done."

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Roland

"I'm not sure that I particularly care which outcome you'd prefer, Newt, since your response to my perfectly reasonable responses so far were, and I'll quote 'How about fuck you'."

To the others, I continue, "I've made my desire clear. I want to get him out of our hair, not make him more involved."

Delmain on
  • Options
    @Delmain roll Int + Politics DC 6 please.

• Options
    Geth, roll 3d10h6

3d10h6 3 [3d10h6=1, [10, 9], 9]

• Options
    Nice roll!

• Options
    @Delmain it occurs to you that if Newt is actually a Camarilla agent fulfilling his duty to the Ivory Tower, however badly, Sheriff White is going be more angry that you wasted his valuable time. He's got his hands full enough enforcing the Traditions in a formerly lawless city. If Newt is a Cam spy, he's broken no laws; he's betrayed no Traditions. He's just playing the Jyhad. He maybe played poorly, but that's between Newt, you and whoever he reports to.

• Options
    Oh, well fuck it. Drain him dry then.

I mean, uh...

I didn't say anything

Roland

I really hope he buys my "turn him over to the Sheriff" bluff, because I ain't got shit for ideas otherwise. Bonding him to the Tremere doesn't help any of us except Damien himself, and I'm not sure I trust the little bugger as far as I can throw him.

Is this just on us then to decide what to do with him? Is there even any point in trying to convince him to just leave without lying on a report about us beyond what I already tried with regard to rolls?

• Options
    Damien's what? 50lbs? I bet Roland could toss him quite a long ways.

• Options
    Yes, it is on you. I won't make you roll Empathy. If Kindred could urinate he would have pissed his pants by now. As far as he's concerned, you guys are terrifying murderous psychopaths. He wanted to be friends, even if he wanted to have an edge in that friendship. You wanted to stake him and leave him for the sun. If you let him go, he'd probably keep his distance for fear of his unlife.

• Options
    We came in a little too hard on the "Bad Cop" side, guys. =P Needed someone other than Roland and Damien on the "Good Cop" angle.

Also, I'm not sure why Newt thinks Roland is crazy. He didn't do anything negative to Newt until the Nos threw his co-worker at him in a blood-crazed huff. Even after, he suggested sending the spy to the Sheriff as leverage against the Nos, not killing him.

Roland

"Look, Newt, buddy," I say, lacing the word with as much sarcasm as I can muster. "I've been nothing but reasonable here, but you're not giving me much to go on. You tried sneaking into our hideout, and got caught. You tried lying about your reasons for being here, and got caught. Then, when my compatriots got angry at these affronts and threatened your poor self, you resorted to violence."

• Options
    Lizzy Hell

"I did threaten to scramble his egg head.
    But that's no excuse to for what he said."

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Shockingly, threatening to drive a wooden implement into his chest, which on top robbing him of all awareness and agency will be agonzingly painful, isn't much of an incentive. So far, it's been all escalating stick, stick, stick (hehehe) and no carrot, except for Damien.

Newt does not respond. At this point, he's certain you're going to send him to the Final Death. Any pleading or fighting would be wasted effort. You're just toying with him now. He tried to beg. He tried to offer friendship. He tried to make threats and even attempted physical violence. He's already accepted servitude but that seems to have fallen on deaf ears. You'll either release him or kill him, and he believes nothing he says any further will effect the outcome.

Mikey CTS on