As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bojack Horseman: Free Churros

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I've done a 180 on what we saw in ep 11
    He's drunk as fuck and pissed off and done/super sad. She tried to come in anyways, he struggled to push her away and telling her to leave. she fell into him knocking him to sit. We'ill get a flashback next season. Maybe. It seems like such an important thing.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I've done a 180 on what we saw in ep 11
    He's drunk as fuck and pissed off and done/super sad. She tried to come in anyways, he struggled to push her away and telling her to leave. she fell into him knocking him to sit. We'ill get a flashback next season. Maybe. It seems like such an important thing.
    I imagine he went back to his boat to drink himself to sleep. He told Penny to go to bed but didn't have the presence of mind to shut his door. I imagine she followed him in and pressed the issue and at that point he was feeling low and done and probably finally said "okay, fine. Fuck it". The language used when they got caught is important to note. Penny said "We didn't even do anything!" She knew what it looked like Bojack didn't offer any "this isn't what it looks like" or other denials. Only an attempted apology and a look of total shame I thought was conveyed really well. He knew how bad he fucked up. The only saving grace was that they were interrupted before any clothes got removed.

Edit: Geth c'mon :c

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    My question is for Diane Nu...Nugent?

Man, I've been told how to pronounce Nguyen like 5 times and I keep forgetting.

Also I love Wanda even if Bojack doesn't.

I loved how nonchalantly Bojack was like "you're not gonna get it" when someone tried to pronounce it.

Texas has a huge Vietnamese population.

A lot of Vietnamese kids gave up on that battle by high school too.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    There's a Vietnamese gentleman at work who just goes by Tom Win. It's like, close enough, whatever.

Anyway, Episode 11
    BoJack done fucked up no matter what the truth of that situation was. It should never have gone that far to where forgetting (?) to close a door could result in the mom seeing what she saw. Flashbacking next season to that could add some interesting context, but it's not really necessary.

I am visiting my oldest friend in another state, and I got him started on Season 1. He said, after the Princess Carolyn birthday episode, that BoJack always seems like someone you can really like, until he does something awful and ruins it. I told him to really live in that impression, because that's basically the whole series.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    All of the shit involving the hippo, all of it, shows how huge the balls of the writing staff, producers and Netflix are. I cannot be more vehement in recommending this show to everybody after they've proven themselves willing to commit to something like that.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I thought the Todd stuff in that episode detracted slightly from it, but not to a point that it really mattered.
    His whole thing had a touch of 'pay attention to shit happening in the world beyond Hollywoo / your own little world', but in this case, the A-plot was actually something real, and really important, and it should/could have been the only focus. But, like, that's a nitpick.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Episode 11.
    I was much more disturbed by how Bojack handled the alcohol poisoning.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    Episode 11.

A Long String of Bad Judgement should be the title of his book.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Episode 11.

Were... were you expecting him to take responsibility for what he did?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "Did you guys ever WATCH the show?"

• Options
    Episode 11.

I said disturbed, not surprised.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Episode 11.

I said disturbed, not surprised.

I know. I guess I wasn't disturbed by it because I fully expected it of him.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Guys, help. A friend of mine has recently joined an improv troupe and I'm afraid they're going to steal all of his thetans or something. What should I do?

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Finished 2nd season.

Needed more and better Todd plots.

Otherwise this show is pretty great! How does it have 2 1/2 stars on Netflix?

Goddammit, Bojack! Why you gotta fuck up so much? Compared to you, Sterling Archer should be a lifecoach.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    The Todd plots reminded me of Stroker and Hoop.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    My understanding of the Netflix star system is that it is their system's guess how much you will like the show, not overall user rating.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    This is odd. I really didn't like the first season of this show at all. So much so that I never finished it.

Decided to give season 2 a try and whoa it feels like a totally different beast.

Does anyone else feel the same way or am I bonkers?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I enjoyed the first season well enough when it got going, and loved the second as well. I've been going back to the first season this week, and am finding myself amazed (but glad) that I stuck with it as long as I did--these first few episodes are straight up terrible .

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Yeah I was being kind but I found it nearly unwatchable.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    My understanding of the Netflix star system is that it is their system's guess how much you will like the show, not overall user rating.

No wonder I keep getting really shitty indie horror movie recommendations with decent netflix star ratings.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    This show does an amazing job of blending comedy and tragedy. Dunno a better description than that.

I wonder if we get a third season.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    This is odd. I really didn't like the first season of this show at all. So much so that I never finished it.

Decided to give season 2 a try and whoa it feels like a totally different beast.

Does anyone else feel the same way or am I bonkers?

Try out just the latter half of season 1, like the final 4 episodes, the show builds slowly to the niche it has in season 2, but in the later end of season 1 , it's swinging hard in that direction.

It's crazy how different it is from the first half of season 1

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Just finished season 2 of Bojack The Stupid Self-Loathing Asshole Horseman

Thoughts!
    1. I know it's kindof the central theme of the show, but Bojack being a sad sack and contantly making things worse for himself because he contantly needs to feel sorry for himself is getting fucking old. It was refreshing when Mr. Peanutbutter called him out on it.

2. Speaking of Mr. Peanutbutter, his character seems to have done a 180 from season 1 where he was a retarded fucking clown. They've humanized (dog-human hybridized?) him a good deal.

3. Todd is awesome. His plots weren't particularly strong, but he provides a much needed counter-balance to all the sad-sackery that happens on this show. Please let him say "science, bitch!" at some point in S3.

4. Diane goes from 1 dimensional boring character to Bojack-lite sad sack except with zero redeeming qualities. I didn't think I could actively dislike a cartoon character but here we are.

5. As to Ep 11, I called it right off the bat that Bojack was going to fuck that 17 year old, it felt super obvious. I was pleasantly surprised when he turned her down not once, but twice! But then right back to being disappointed in the show when he still tries to fuck her anyway at the very end. Seriously, show?

12 episodes per season is not enough.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Now to try working "the funky Spiderman" into conversation.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    I sighed as I started Bojack Horseman season 2. First season was my surprise favorite show of all time. I ended up staying up late finishing the season after watching the whole thing in one go.

You know how it is, how could a second season capture the perfect magical horror of the first season?

Six hours later I realized I'd stayed up late marathoning the whole thing again. It might've even been better. God damn it, Bojack.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    The second season is absolutely better than the first.

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    That's just like... your opinion, man.

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    It's gone through the same thing that most shows (especially comedies) go through: the first half or so of S1 is formative, the 2nd half of S1 has the show coming together, and then S2 has everything firing on all cylinders.

Hopefully it will last long enough to get the almost equally good S3, and the not as strong but still decent S4 and S5. It can then quit before the S6 and beyond slide.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I hope we get a Christmas episode each year too, ( They do say in the first one that the Horsin Around show did a TON of them)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Did anyone else not get the Quentin Tarantulino jokes?

Tarantino loves movies. Why would he do all that stupid stuff and not make the Hollywoo D thing a movie?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Did anyone else not get the Quentin Tarantulino jokes?

Tarantino loves movies. Why would he do all that stupid stuff and not make the Hollywoo D thing a movie?

They basically used him as a stand-in for all ye standard pretentious indie auteur types.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    This show does an amazing job of blending comedy and tragedy. Dunno a better description than that.

Maybe

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »

Maybe

Renewed!

http://deadline.com/2015/07/bojack-horseman-renewed-season-3-longmire-master-of-none-premiere-dates-netflix-tca-1201486181/

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Just finished this.

Damn that was good. I can't think of a show that's made me laugh so hard but genuinely care about the characters and the things they do. At least not recently.

This show got me to say "Fuck yeah her name is Princess Caroline!" out loud and that is impressive.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    the end scene payoff was pretty great

• Options
    Also Toad Chavy for best Character

• Options
    edited July 2015
    5. As to Ep 11, I called it right off the bat that Bojack was going to fuck that 17 year old, it felt super obvious. I was pleasantly surprised when he turned her down not once, but twice! But then right back to being disappointed in the show when he still tries to fuck her anyway at the very end. Seriously, show?

"Tries to" isn't exactly accurate.
    He turned her down twice, left his door open (reason is unknown; he was pretty drunk and it's New Mexico, so it wasn't cold), and Penny came in insisting. He may have still stopped her, he may have not, but suggesting that he was putting any effort into seducing Penny is stretching it a bit. BoJack absolutely fucked up, there, but if it happened it was Penny was pushing the issue and he was drunk and depressed and goddamned BoJack "Bad Decisions" Horseman.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular

He turned her down twice, left his door open (reason is unknown; he was pretty drunk and it's New Mexico, so it wasn't cold), and Penny came in insisting. He may have still stopped her, he may have not, but suggesting that he was putting any effort into seducing Penny is stretching it a bit. BoJack absolutely fucked up, there, but if it happened it was Penny was pushing the issue and he was drunk and depressed and goddamned BoJack "Bad Decisions" Horseman.

On the other hand
    I don't think he was trying to seduce Penny consciously, but he was definitely treating her differently than he would any other teenager because she looked a lot like her mother.

• Options

On the other hand
    I don't think he was trying to seduce Penny consciously, but he was definitely treating her differently than he would any other teenager because she looked a lot like her mother.

Can't argue with that.
    BoJack was definitely working overtime to impress Penny since the beginning. He probably hadn't processed it yet, but he resented the fact that he missed his shot with Charlotte, and subconsciously saw Penny as a chance to do it right this time. Still indefensible, but not something he would even realize that he was doing until things went too far.

• Options
    Aphostile wrote: »

Maybe

How about a Mr.Peanutbutter's house Kwanza special . . .