As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime 2015 Information, FAQ, and Q&A Thread (Ask Questions Here!)

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    kropotkin wrote: »
    I've been racking my brain to see if I remember PAX ever having the ability for people to run Pen and Paper RPGs that people can sign up for either prior or during PAX. I can't seem to remember anything so I thought I'd ask here. The game I want to run is called Sleeper, which is a game set in our world in contemporary times with players taking on the role of genetically altered super powered agents who are trying to save the planet from volcano dwelling evil people. Is there a way I can run this game during PAX? If so, how?
    From what I remember from other PAXen, this is a thing you would likely need to organize yourself and set up in tabletop freeplay. I don't think PAX itself runs any pen and paper directly, although usually wizards hires/contracts someone to run D&D in some official capacity (I think there's a thread for that). All the "official" pax-run console tournaments and card and board game tournaments and such that get onto the schedule are run by enforcers, everything else is freeplay.

Oh now I remember. Perhaps if I used the LFG system and grabbed a table for people to sit at and take it from there? Perhaps that would work...

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• tinedizzletinedizzle Kelso, WARegistered User regular
    I saw that the Dev schedule is out, are we close to a pax schedule yet. Can't wait to find out who will be at pax and who will have panels.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Like most years, I bought an extra set of badges for a friend to get to PAX. She can't go because she got a surprise job offer. I'm sure I could resell them if it came down to it (and am asking around with people I know), but has anyone had any luck canceling an order prior to badges shipping? It's a separate order from my other badges because the system was bugged for a while.

Artereis on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Artereis wrote: »
    Like most years, I bought an extra set of badges for a friend to get to PAX. She can't go because she got a surprise job offer. I'm sure I could resell them if it came down to it (and am asking around with people I know), but has anyone had any luck canceling an order prior to badges shipping? It's a separate order from my other badges because the system was bugged for a while.
    For the most part, PAX does not issue refunds. You can try contacting pax_questions@paxsite.com but that is the official policy.

• EristheticEristhetic Registered User new member
    Hey guys.
    I received two Monday passes in the mail today after having gotten the email confirmation that passes were in the process of being sent out. Those are the only two I bought when passes first went up for purchase.
    I did also purchase two sets of fri/sat/sun passes when the second wave of passes were available.

Do we know if the passes are being shipped in similar waves or should I be worried?

edited July 2015
    Eristhetic wrote: »
    Hey guys.
    I received two Monday passes in the mail today after having gotten the email confirmation that passes were in the process of being sent out. Those are the only two I bought when passes first went up for purchase.
    I did also purchase two sets of fri/sat/sun passes when the second wave of passes were available.

Do we know if the passes are being shipped in similar waves or should I be worried?
    It's very likely that they'll come separately, but you could always email pax_questions@paxsite.com to find out for sure.

zerzhul on
  • JagDarklighterJagDarklighter Registered User new member
    I just received my PAX badges in the mail, international shipping to Canada through DHL. My BYOC badges were missing though, on the confirmation email for my BYOC badges it says that they would be shipped with the PAX badges. Should I be expecting them separately? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I just received my PAX badges in the mail, international shipping to Canada through DHL. My BYOC badges were missing though, on the confirmation email for my BYOC badges it says that they would be shipped with the PAX badges. Should I be expecting them separately? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

email pax_questions@paxsite.com to find out for sure

zerzhul on
    PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
    In previous years it has gone both ways, sometimes they come with and sometimes they come separately. Sometimes it also depends on /when/ the byoc badges were purchased. I second the emailing of pax_questions though to get a concrete answer about your specific situation.

• JagDarklighterJagDarklighter Registered User new member
    edited July 2015
    Fenrisfang wrote: »

email pax_questions@paxsite.com to find out for sure
    edit: fixed wrong email

Looks like that email address is no longer need active, email gets automatically kicked back at me.

zerzhul on
  • forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Fenrisfang wrote: »

email pax_question@paxsite.com to find out for sure

Looks like that email address is no longer need active, email gets automatically kicked back at me.

It's pax_questions, not pax_question

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
    edited July 2015
    yeah, I edited the correct one into mine and fenrisfang's post so that if other people see it they don't make the same mistake.

Sorry for the typo, I type that damned thing so many times you'd think I would never fuck it up.

zerzhul on
  • FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    yeah, I edited the correct one into mine and fenrisfang's post so that if other people see it they don't make the same mistake.

Sorry for the typo, I type that damned thing so many times you'd think I would never fuck it up.

And I just copy pasted it from the post you had made earlier! haha! Thanks for the edit.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    Hi everyone,

I'm resorting to the forums because I emailed the pax questions address and did not receive an answer. I'm really fearful I'm not going to receive my badges this year. I've been to every PAX since the very first one in Bellevue and have never had an issue with my badges. I purchased badges in the first 15 minutes this year (4 sets of 4). The charge successfully hit my credit card and was never refunded.

However, I never received a confirmation email that day (neither did a few of my friends so I wasn't worried at that point). I never received an email saying that I was one of the people that weren't going to receive tickets even though they bought them (back in June when that went down). I also never received a confirmation that they were shipped, and now we're really close to show time.

I've looked up and down on my statement and I was never refunded. I've been fully charged for my badges and have been operating, up to this point, under the impression I'd be going to the show.

Since the PAX Questions isn't getting back to me since last week (I understand they are probably slammed), I don't know who to reach out to or what to do. I've never missed a PAX and I don't want to miss my first one on a silly technical glitch...

Any advice?

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I would say check your spam folders (if you have Gmail check everything, because their spam filtering is insane) for at least a ReedPOP email. When you put in your information for tickets, they need an email from you if I recall.

Also try going to www.showclix.com/login and logging in with the email you used when purchasing your badges so you can view the ticket status. Hope this helps!

The login link was a lot of help, thanks guys. That DOES confirm that I have indeed purchased 16 tickets and they haven't shipped. Hmm....

Email them again.

Ok...

Unfortunately that's the only official method of interacting with them. I'm not discounting the things other people have said, but that's the only way to get an official response from pax.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Reminder if you bought the tickets from the Club PA special, those are picked up at the will call booth.
    To pickup your order:
    - The will call booth at registration can be found at the GRAND HYATT HOTEL on the ground level. It's on 7th Ave between Pike and Pine.
    - Pickup times start on Thursday between 1 PM and 7 PM. After that, it should be open starting at 8 AM each show day.
    - You'll need your Photo ID.

I logged into showclix to see if my tickets had shipped and started to panic because they weren't even listed. But then I double-checked my confirmation email, and everything's good in the world again.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • POOPonYOUPOOPonYOU Registered User new member
    I purchased Saturday and Sunday badges when they first went on sale and I received an email with tracking information a few days ago. The tickets arrived yesterday. I was able to purchase Friday badges on 6/30/15 but I haven't received any tracking for those badges. Should I be concerned? I logged onto the showclix.com/login site and it shows shipped but I never received tracking. I emailed pax_questions@paxsite.com but like others haven't heard back.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    POOPonYOU wrote: »
    I purchased Saturday and Sunday badges when they first went on sale and I received an email with tracking information a few days ago. The tickets arrived yesterday. I was able to purchase Friday badges on 6/30/15 but I haven't received any tracking for those badges. Should I be concerned? I logged onto the showclix.com/login site and it shows shipped but I never received tracking. I emailed pax_questions@paxsite.com but like others haven't heard back.

No need to worry. You will probably not receive any tracking info for your Friday badges. If they are using the same procedure for shipping as last year, then orders that were over a certain amount of badges (five I think?) were automatically upgraded to USPS Priority mail. This comes with tracking & is much quicker than normal first class.
    Your second order is under the five limit so it will just be coming in a plain white envelope with no tracking. This could arrive as late as the same week of Pax. If you sill have not received it by Tuesday Aug 25th, then I would e-mail them again.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • EristheticEristhetic Registered User new member
    For anyone who had a similar concern as me,
    Eristhetic wrote: »
    Hey guys.

I did email pax_questions@paxsite.com (thanks zerzhul!) and received a response today.
    This is what they said:
    Hi Eristhetic,

If you purchased the badges in two separate orders, they will be mailed out separately. You should receive your other badges soon.

Thanks,

Customer Service

So there is confirmation that there are separate shipment dates intended for those who ordered from the later sale. :)

• KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Reminder if you bought the tickets from the Club PA special, those are picked up at the will call booth.
    I logged into showclix to see if my tickets had shipped and started to panic because they weren't even listed. But then I double-checked my confirmation email, and everything's good in the world again.

I've been checking my email every couple of weeks to make sure that confirmation email is still there. Oh paranoia...

• tofulynntofulynn FloridaRegistered User regular
    How early will everybody start lining up at PAX Prime each day? I want to make sure I will be able to get a swag bag. I am aware each day starts at 10AM, but I think the swag bags will be gone when I try to get in line around 10AM.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    tofulynn wrote: »
    How early will everybody start lining up at PAX Prime each day? I want to make sure I will be able to get a swag bag. I am aware each day starts at 10AM, but I think the swag bags will be gone when I try to get in line around 10AM.

I will probably line up around 8 or so, but they no longer hand out Swag Bags when you line up.
    The Swag Bags will not be available until 10am in the Westin Hotel.

Edit: swag bags are handed out at 10am this year.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular

Unlike previous years, there were tons of swag bags last year (and the year before) and there was no problem getting one late in the day. But unfortunately, unlike previous years, there was really nothing of note in the swag bags last year. The traditional MTG intro deck and just a bunch of flyers. Hopefully that changes this year.

PimDtoK.png
  • TimoonTimoon Occupied Canada Registered User regular
    jukkakhan wrote: »

Unlike previous years, there were tons of swag bags last year (and the year before) and there was no problem getting one late in the day. But unfortunately, unlike previous years, there was really nothing of note in the swag bags last year. The traditional MTG intro deck and just a bunch of flyers. Hopefully that changes this year.
    Yes the bags were not worth the effort the past 2 years. mostly ads, coupons and maybe come magic or cards against humanity cards. Will have to wait and see if they have anything worth a trip to the Westin (of course the year I decide to not stay at the Westin, PAX expands to it :)

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    I noticed at The International they hole punch your badge when you pick up a swag bag. I wish PAX would do this in order to (hopefully) make the stuff contained therein better.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular

In the letter with my badgers... I mean bobcats...:

"We are using the Westin! Starting at 10 AM each morning, Swag Bags can be snagged at the lobby level (each day has a limited supply, first come, first serve)...

Oh! And one last thing! Something you can help with that worked REALLY well in Boston were attendees being more aware of when they showed up. If you get to the center at 8:00 or 9:00 AM, you have to wait in a pretty big line, but if you show up to PAX at 10:30 or 11:00 AM you can usually walk right in. Your call!"

This will be my bajillionith :biggrin: (8th) PAX, and after the third one, we learned to head in to the Expo Hall shortly after the doors open. No crowds or crazy rush to battle. As for swag bags, I agree, the last few years have had some pretty lame offerings. But the line for that is handled very efficiently; it's just a long shuffle of PAX zombies that need BRAIII- LOOOOOOOTS! The Enforcers move it along pretty well. And since there's a limited supply for each day, if you don't make it there the first day, just swing by on one of the other mornings.

• tofulynntofulynn FloridaRegistered User regular
    I thought there will be different items in the swag bags each day.

• LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    I've never heard of that happening, at East anyways,

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I think what usually happens is some items are in lower supply so they aren't in later days' bags.

No, each day will have the same items. There may be a rare case when an item supplied by a promoter doesn't quite fill all the bags, but in general all days should be the same.

As stated before, the quality of the bags has gone down, but I still look forward to getting those eye drops.

IhtGIyi.png
  • wolfemancswolfemancs Registered User regular
    Last year's Swag bag has ended up costing me at least $500.

"Free" Magic cards can be a slippery slope.

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Will certain entrances to WSCC be opened or closed at certain times?

Reason I ask is because my group will be at the Crowne Plaza and I see there is an easy access to WSCC from the Freeway Park (which is right across from the hotel). If we went at 10:30 a.m. like the letter suggested, would we be able to get into PAX that way?

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015

Reason I ask is because my group will be at the Crowne Plaza and I see there is an easy access to WSCC from the Freeway Park (which is right across from the hotel). If we went at 10:30 a.m. like the letter suggested, would we be able to get into PAX that way?

I think the doors there (at the top of the main escalators) are a public entrance so they should be open when any of the doors are open

Some of those 4th floor doors (like the ones leading to the lobby in front of the expo hall/former queue room) are exit only emergency doors, though.

EDIT: They're marked as fire exits on the official maps, too. I wouldn't count on being able to use them.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies

Yes, you will be able to get in at that time. The park is the designated smoking area so people go in and out of there all day.

IhtGIyi.png
    *Some* of the freeway park doors will be accessible. Many will not.

This discussion has been closed.