As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Doomtown: Reloaded] - Gunfights in the Weird West

13»

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Okay, so I finally got around to trying to wrap my head around this.

Basically: manage your ghost rock, play cards, move guys around to try to take over control points and / or reduce the other player's influence until you have more control than they do influence?

Yes, but ghost rock management isn't really its own thing, it's just a means to your other ends.
    Obviously there's a lot of nuance to how you get that done. For example, in the demo turn, Lawrence Blackwood probably wanted to camp out in the Law Dogs' General Store using his ability to generate 2 control total and be a pain in the ass, but got run off.

Yes, but also it forces the opponent to react so they don't have to deal with a 2 cp swing. And that puts them out of position.
    I might just be missing it, but is there a standard way to indicate who's controlling a location? Like, should I have the text-side face the controller?

No, but it's pretty unusual to have, say, more than three dudes on each side at a location so you just kind of calculate it on the fly. Your way would definitely work though.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Something I've liked to do is put a couple of chips on the deeds equal to the control of it, and push it to the front or back of the deed towards whoever controls it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Oh, hey, looks like we're getting another pine box...

YgeyIxf.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I don't want to jinx it or anything... but with No Turning Back out, I think it's possible to build a respectable Morgan Gadgetorium deck.

My first pass is shooting well and has money and influence for days, but was struggling to close out the game. Some fiddling with the deeds and I might be onto something here. Plus it has Louis Pasteur.

INVENT ALL OF THE THINGS!

• Options
    OP Kit 2 event yesterday.

I wussed out and didn't take Gadgetorium, but went with my Nicodemus Dudes & Deeds deck instead. Probably a good choice - I went 3-1 in Swiss, which put me in joint second, but ultimately fourth after tie breakers. In the game I lost my deck came out upside down, with three successive hands of dudes and actions rather than deeds (despite deeds being half the deck!) so I never got any momentum going. All credit to my opponent, though, who played exactly as you should against that kind of deck and ruthlessly shut down my production and pumped out mobile influence to keep up.

The tournament winner was someone who I beat in round 1, so I feel good about my deck construction and how I played on the day. And, as always, lovely people and a friendly atmosphere. Looking forward to the next one at the end of August, and then the Sheriff event in September.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    The next pine box with the new factions is at GenCon, so spoilers are already out in the wild.

http://community.gomorragazette.com/t/spoiler-immovable-object-unstoppable-force/451

The expansion contains nothing but dudes and abilities for the new factions ("Techniques" for the Kung Fu masters of the 108 Righteous Bandits, and "Spirits" and "Totems" for the Shamans of the Eagle Wardens). The use of Kung Fu chaining abilities from your discard pile sounds really interesting, though I do dislike when games start to introduce specific mechanics for factions. It feels like the game is fragmenting, instead of everybody playing by the same rules.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Honestly, I like it that way. The next release is supposed to be another pine box for stuff for the current factions as well.

Need to swing by the AEG booth again to see if they had more copies of Immovable Object in.

persona4celestia.jpg