As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skyforge - New MMORPG by Allods Team and Westernization by Obsidian

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    The dungeons definitely get way more interesting as you progress. They made the mistake of confusing "newb friendly" mechanics with boring mechanics.

Okki Island's last boss is a good example I think of doing it right - the hands aren't hard to dodge and doing it right speeds the fight up a lot and makes staying alive trivial.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I think my favorite boss so far was the water guy where you have to kill his adds to make him vulnerable for a short period. That was a fun fight.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Oddly some of the mini bosses seem better than actual bosses. Like in the Paladin dungeon, the golem dude who can disarm you or the literal tank. Or the burrowing guy in Okki. The necro in Danik or whatever is cool too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Uhh... are you required to continue the main questline? I can't do the second training zone part with platforming bits, I just can't. If it was some optional thing I wouldn't mind or care, I think the jumping puzzles in GW2 were great. But this is part of the main questline ... ugh. I feel like flipping a table or punching a monitor or a developer, such shitty design. :(
    I cheesed through that one. Go to any platform. Find the probe there. Hit F11 and quit the area. Repeat three times. Done. I didn't complete a single real task in there.

Having said that, I did TRY to complete them the first time. Of the five that I saw, three were simply _impossible_ for me to finish. Period. Maybe I'm just lousy at these kinds of games, but I don't play to beat my head against a brick wall, I play for entertainment. And hitting an impossible task is not entertaining.

26904.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Slayer wallhax: If you have the leg guards that make all your mines drop in front of you and face a wall, you can get all eight into a tiny area. Then chain an enemy over it for instagib. Really helpful for clearing out a number of enemies...

Also, if you think cryomancer's slide is fast... you haven't gotten to try Witch in a mission yet.

Edit: Even more fun is to 100-0 someone in PvP with mines that way. Especially paladins.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Okki tablet was on the 3v3 first to 5 wins pvp quest thing today, so I figured i'd knock it out quickly and easily.

Man... even people who enjoy pvp generally shouldn't have to suffer through that. I'm sure me being complete shit didn't help, but the game just doesn't seem balanced for competitive multiplayer. Combine that with the random grouping coming up with weird combinations (2 cryomancers and a kinetic vs a paladin a knight and a kinetic) and it just wasn't any fun at all. We ended up winning but it went to the full 9 rounds and lasted about half an hour. It was awful.

• Options
    Pvp isnt remotely balanced. Anyone who tells you it is is full of it.

Paladins are actually my most hated class to fight because endless shields and a total invincibility button while they keep knocking you over. Can't burst em, can hardly dps em...

The PvE is solid though. Not having giant red circles for everything vaguely threatening is actually nice.

• Options
    As Alch I can kill knights and such. Couple talents make moves do like 200% damage to shield and such. Can totally break their shields faster than they can raise them.

It sure just isn't any fun though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    I have to say I'm positively surprised with the Lightbinder class. It does fairly nice damage and isn't really the boring buffbot I expected. I mostly duo with a buddy of mine who plays a Slayer now and we got our two classes to really work well together. Now if I could just get enough class sparks to buy some talents to fill all my empty slots with I'd be happy. :)

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I finally got into the game last night and I am digging the gameplay of it.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    I just started too, and am enjoying it so far.

The boob physics in this game is...interesting. :+1:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Okay guys, we got a bit more room in the pantheon now. If you need an invite put your name in here, or message me ingame on Sidaltus Veirn.

Also if you're already in the Pantheon, we need 1.5mil to 4mil for our next upgrade. If you can donate more, its appreciated. :D

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    I'd love to grind some 5man dungeons to work on reaching my credit cap, but too many people seem to hit the spark cap and gimp themselves by stopping there. Hng.

So if anyone in the 6 to 7kish range want to do some dungeons I am down. I could probably inflate my prestige a good amount too if needed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    In fairness they do a poor job explaining that there even is anything to do after the spark cap. If it wasn't for people in guild chat I wouldn't have known that "impossible" difficulty is nowhere near and actually gives you really good rewards. I wouldn't have even attempted it.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    builderr0r wrote: »
    I just started too, and am enjoying it so far.

The boob physics in this game is...interesting. :+1:

Also, the way a female character slaps her ass when you start adjusting the butt height/size is... unnecessary.

I have no idea if men do this. My guess is no.

In other news, invite me. Reynna Tarsis.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I'll take an invite.

Phenyhelm Charon.

I am at just shy of 800 and only just now unlocked the upper atlas so it'll be awhile before I have another class or anything.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    In fairness they do a poor job explaining that there even is anything to do after the spark cap. If it wasn't for people in guild chat I wouldn't have known that "impossible" difficulty is nowhere near and actually gives you really good rewards. I wouldn't have even attempted it.

Well, I mean, do they really /have/ to explain that maybe you should upgrade your gear? I mean I can't recall any mmo explaining that.

Yet I check people all the time and they are rocking their green 100 proficiency gear when their cap is 800 and keep complaining the game is cheap and everything hits too hard and has too much health and holy crap guys I'm the support and I'm solo burning down this trash mob faster than 2 of you over there and wtf.

Side note, I enjoy how you can look up info on people. I'm kind of looking forward to the damage meters.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Except that upgrading equipment takes one of sixteen different currencies, and it's still not terribly well explained.

And there are some things that are bugged and don't work right, confusing things more. When it tells me to enter the training room to try different classes, but pressing Space to enter the training room does nothing, it's hard to tell if you're doing something wrong or it just isn't working. When I'm fighting a bunch of enemies and something flashy happens, my character might put away her weapons. I can still attack, but was I disarmed? I don't seem to be doing less damage. Hrm... I'm still able to use abilities. I guess things are just a bit broken.

I mean, I'm enjoying the combat and all, but the game does not explain things in a nearly satisfying way.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Except that upgrading equipment takes one of sixteen different currencies, and it's still not terribly well explained.

And there are some things that are bugged and don't work right, confusing things more. When it tells me to enter the training room to try different classes, but pressing Space to enter the training room does nothing, it's hard to tell if you're doing something wrong or it just isn't working. When I'm fighting a bunch of enemies and something flashy happens, my character might put away her weapons. I can still attack, but was I disarmed? I don't seem to be doing less damage. Hrm... I'm still able to use abilities. I guess things are just a bit broken.

I mean, I'm enjoying the combat and all, but the game does not explain things in a nearly satisfying way.

Uh. No? Upgrading equipment requires farming for equipment like every game ever in existence. Ever.

The little relic thing is totally unrelated to getting some damn equipment at your level.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    If you want badly explained things, try the various execution moves the different classes have. They aren't shown anywhere so its impossible to know what the cooldown is on them and what other effects they have or even what their names are. I know LB's is Merciful Blow and Cryomancer's is Northern Breeze or something like that but only place I've seen the names are on weapon effects. Merciful Blow puts a buff on you but who knows what it does - probably some guy on reddit, but there's nowhere in game to figure this stuff out.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    poorly explained mechanics? sign me up

• Options
    Entaru wrote: »
    I'll take an invite.

Phenyhelm Charon.

I am at just shy of 800 and only just now unlocked the upper atlas so it'll be awhile before I have another class or anything.

Sorry @Entaru I tried to invite you but you werent online when I got on. I'll try to grab you next time I log in. I got @Shadowfire invited though.

Once you're in the guild you have to press enter to open the chat box, then press up on the arrow keys and switch to Woe Bundy to talk in Pantheon

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I'll take an invite.

Phenyhelm Charon.

Sorry @Entaru I tried to invite you but you werent online when I got on. I'll try to grab you next time I log in. I got @Shadowfire invited though.

Once you're in the guild you have to press enter to open the chat box, then press up on the arrow keys and switch to Woe Bundy to talk in Pantheon

No problem. I have a couple of long days of work ahead but later this week when I get on I'll send you a message in game to get in.

I have absolutely no idea what class I will shoot for first. I am thinking its between Knight and Monk.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I'll take an invite.

Phenyhelm Charon.

No problem. I have a couple of long days of work ahead but later this week when I get on I'll send you a message in game to get in.

I have absolutely no idea what class I will shoot for first. I am thinking its between Knight and Monk.

Remember, after you do the training room quest for the main story, you can go back in and try all the classes, see what you like.

• Options
    I actually didn't know that about the training room. Thank you.

Do I just go back to the same area and use the transport pod?

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Back to the lab, yep.

EDIT - Extra bonus, doing the training for a class unlocks a costume of that class you can use at any point, not just as that class.

Neurotika on
  • Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Back to the lab, yep.

EDIT - Extra bonus, doing the training for a class unlocks a costume of that class you can use at any point, not just as that class.

Thanks! I'll try that out.

• Options
    Yes, the witch costume is pretty fun to wear while rocking a sword and board.

But man, I just want to hurry up and unlock the archer. That was a ton of fun in the training room.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    I don't think I ever want to move away from the suit and tie I started the game with.

It's pretty ridiculous to be business formal and smashing in the face of various monsters and ne'er-do-wells.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    The lady outfits are nowhere near as nice looking. They mostly about how much leg/titty can be showing.

The power armor looks pretty great though.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I don't think I ever want to move away from the suit and tie I started the game with.

It's pretty ridiculous to be business formal and smashing in the face of various monsters and ne'er-do-wells.

Yeah. I went with the nice burgundy colored one. It looks great with my sword and shield.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    I just unlocked Archer myself, but i'm going to stick with Cryomancer for a little longer since I only need ~2800 class sparks from it to max it out fully. I was foolish and looked up some stuff and saw that you get (at least in the Russian version, I couldn't find any info on if it's over here yet) both a perk and a new costume for doing so and now i'll have to do that for all classes I unlock even if I don't like the costume.

Once the important work of pretty princess dressup is over with i'll start back on the long road to Gunner.

Aistan on
  • Options
    I just unlocked Archer myself, but i'm going to stick with Cryomancer for a little longer since I only need ~2800 class sparks from it to max it out fully. I was foolish and looked up some stuff and saw that you get (at least in the Russian version, I couldn't find any info on if it's over here yet) both a perk and a new costume for doing so and now i'll have to do that for all classes I unlock even if I don't like the costume.

Once the important work of pretty princess dressup is over with i'll start back on the long road to Gunner.

You unlock 2 extra Symbol Slots per class you fill out, and their class specific symbol. You can check the class symbols by looking for the class icon in the symbol list.

Paladin is wanted by every single class, since it blocks damage that does over 10% of your health in a hit, which can be HUGE especially for the lower defense classes.

Its good to finish all the classes, even ones you don't really want to play, just for extra symbol slots.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    I'm hearing Monk is underpwered but I like the class concept a whole lot. Anyone have any experience with it?

• Options
    Ahwlrite!! Here is your first (and hopefully infrequent) message encouraging you to donate to the Pantheon (guild)..

First, let's talk about "What's in it for you?" Aside from being a small social circle, being in a Pantheon can have actual gameplay benefits! The first of which, I think we should be moving towards, is called a Triumph Square. This Pantheon Structure provides members of the guild with actual in-game stat bonuses (Luck, Strength, Valor, and Spirit). But the Pantheon cannot offer these bonuses without building the structure. And that costs both Credits and Construction Materials.

So, now What does the Pantheon need? Well, money and order missions. Mostly money. The Triumph Square requires just under 4000 power. In order to make it "work" we need to build three more Improved Condenser units. Each Condenser takes 400,000 credits and 660 Construction Materials (CMs) to build. So that is a cool 1.2M credits that we will need just to get the power running. Once we have that, the actual Triumph Square upgrade costs 4,000,000 credits (yes, 4 million) and 4700CMs. So the total cost to the Pantheon to get stat buffs for the guild is at least 5.4M credits. As of this morning, the Pantheon has 120,000 in the bank.

Finally, Why you should contribute! So those buffs that the Pantheon can provide? Well, you don't get those for free. Every member of the guild has to buy them individually. But you can't buy them with credits, you have to use a special currency called Myrrh Drops. The ONLY way to get Myrrh Drops is by contributing credits to the Pantheon. You can't buy them on the market, you can't get them as drops, and you can't buy them with real money (at least not directly). The exchange rate is one Drop per 7,500 credits contributed to the Pantheon. (You could drop real money on Argents, convert those to in-game credits, and then buy Myrrh from the Pantheon that way.) It takes 5 Drops to activate the first level of guild buffs, 15 for the second, 30 for the third, and 50 for the fourth and final level. Per stat. This means that if you, as an individual player, want all the buffs available from the Pantheon, you will need to contribute a minimum of 3M credits each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jwrnVB5RQlQ#t=412

TL;DR The guild needs credits. You get stat buffs if you contribute.

26904.png
  • Options

You unlock 2 extra Symbol Slots per class you fill out, and their class specific symbol. You can check the class symbols by looking for the class icon in the symbol list.

Paladin is wanted by every single class, since it blocks damage that does over 10% of your health in a hit, which can be HUGE especially for the lower defense classes.

Its good to finish all the classes, even ones you don't really want to play, just for extra symbol slots.

Extra symbol slots eh? Interesting... and very useful. I already have more symbols than I can activate.

Also, Archer is in a great spot on the atlas. Strenth ring right before it and another adjacent to it (next to Necro). Each has a +10% effect of strength symbol in the middle.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Do those buffs have durations or are they permanent once you pay the Myrrh?

This game has too many currencies.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    As far as I know (which, to be fair, is not exactly all-encompasing) the stat bonuses are permanent, similar to the stat bonuses you get from unlocking nodes in the Atlas. Once you buy them, they're yours. Although I suppose they might go away if you left the Pantheon. Probably. So as long as you buy them and stay in the guild you should keep them. Bugs notwithstanding, natch.

EDIT TO ADD: and it's worth noting that the _minimum_ buy-in for a stat buff (after the thing has been built, which is going to take some time and effort) is 37,500 credits.

Eleventy-billion currencies is the hallmark of a F2P game. I guess I've just gotten used to it over the years. Although, I actually stopped playing Neverwinter specifically because of the sheer number and incomprehensibility (to me anyway - I'm sure it makes sense to someone!) of their myriad currencies.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Is the currency thing honestly that hard?

Or is it just a thing now that people complain about having to track more than 2 or 3 numbers in a video game these days?

• Options
    edited August 2015
    A better question might be, does the gave do a good job explaining the mechanics and what all these currencies are for.

Neurotika on