As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, July 31, 2015 - Unrealized Talent

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, July 31, 2015 - Unrealized Talent

Unrealized Talent

Unrealized Talent

http://campcomic.com/comic/231

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• jasarienjasarien Registered User regular
    Right in the feels...

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    The artwork and character expressions are always phenomenal, but Dani's apprehension and the other characters' expressions really made me smile today.

Love this storyline. Seventeen is such a positive influence on both Malachi and Brian.

• Mr Fish 86Mr Fish 86 Registered User regular
    oooooooo! I REALLY hope they jump together in duo act!!!

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Okay, who are you, and what have you done with Malachi's body? :)

• FlaxSeedFlaxSeed Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I am thinking about a colour and some kitchen utensils right now... the realization is about to hit Malachi like a ton of bricks... or some potato-painted rocks, whatever comes first.
    Great comic, shows a lot about the characters personalities. Good development.

... and stealth cat is stealth

FlaxSeed on
  • TrumppollTrumppoll Registered User new member
    Ok, I'll admit I was wrong. Malachi is a great kid and he didn't take the bad turn I thought he might.

• PrincessMudPrincessMud Registered User new member
    Malachi breaks my heart. Everything about him is self-obsessed, even his hate and judgement.

Aw who am I kidding, they all break my heart.

• commonpersoncommonperson Registered User regular
    Awww Malachi, when you're all ready for him to do the wrong thing he always seems to turn it around at the last moment and do the right thing. :-)

• LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    AW MAN, Malachi and Seventeen are so adorable in this one. My heart... my heart...

Also, I originally suspected that kitchen-kid who was getting his head patted in an adorable manner was "the cat" in this particular comic. heh.

sig.gif
  • cubbylostboycubbylostboy Registered User regular
    Malachi pulls it out in the end which should be a surprise to no one, since he seems to do that regularly in one way or another. Equally good is the fact that "Braden's notching killed." I wonder if he does it in the classical style?

• HappyHoboHappyHobo Registered User new member
    I love this comic, I start every day in the office by reading web comics and this is my absolute favourite.

• SynDuoSynDuo John A. Galvan Somewhere over a rainbowRegistered User regular
    Oh no , Malachi and Seventeen :'D

• Morgan BlackpowderMorgan Blackpowder Registered User regular
    must find cat.... must find cat...

• Om Mani Padme FunkOm Mani Padme Funk Registered User new member
    Where's Brian at?

• theGrognardtheGrognard Registered User regular
    I love your artistic style. Your comics are just so much fun to look at.

• Mr Fish 86Mr Fish 86 Registered User regular
    hehehe I like Seventeen's dirty feet. I don't think I ever really noticed them until now.

• Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    This is perfect.

• FellowFellow Registered User regular
    Oh god, is bad that I laughed my butts off at the last panel?

• Sigma_100Sigma_100 Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    @ Fellow:

Yes. Yes it is bad if you laughed your butts off. You should probably go see a doctor about why you have more than one butt. ;)

Sigma_100 on
  • AriWerdAriWerd Registered User regular
    HOORAY MAL!

• TeddTedd Registered User regular
    Aww, don't give Mal too much credit, now. Remember this whole thing started cuz he felt peeps thought his jumping was dumb and that everyone else was better than him at...well, everything.

• TimAusTimAus Registered User regular
    Fred looks so proud with the older kid patting him on the head

• ComiczMann133ComiczMann133 Registered User regular
    Do it Malachi! Put on Seventeen's terrible jumping act, then go right out and upstage her! Also, she's a small target, so she'll probably exhaust a lot of tomato rocks.

• SynDuoSynDuo John A. Galvan Somewhere over a rainbowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    TimAus wrote: »
    Fred looks so proud with the older kid patting him on the head

Thanks for pointing that out, I had to doodle it :P
    kutsgcksq3x0.gif

SynDuo on
    Rep.gif 106.9K
  • EXSourceEXSource Registered User new member
    Dawwwwww..... This comic. Katie's been fleecing us. It aint a camp! It's a Feels Trip.

• KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    @SynDuo Oh my god

This makes me really happy!!

KatieJRice on
  • VanDerSparVanDerSpar Registered User regular
    I too would be quite concerned, about the girls in the left.

• ShadymanShadyman Registered User regular
    Why don't they jump *together*?

• Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    He's about to learn that he shouldn't worry if he's good enough for any one else to see, just jump jump. I just mixed together two songs that should never be mixed.

Seriously, why was he ever worried?

Oh wait, being stoned to death, yeah that's a problem. Plus, those kids holding the rocks have got to be so antsy to use them after all this time.

• Twister2Twister2 Registered User regular
    That's a downer.

• AnsuzAnsuz Registered User regular
    Seriously, Seventeen in the 7th panel is just too cute. She is adorable, Katie you are awesome, and I hope that she continues to be adorable and that you continue to be awesome for a long time. Also, I really want to see Brian's entire ventriloquist act.

• metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    Toughest cat in a while, fantastic story line can't wait to see the big finish.

edited August 2015
    He's about to learn that he shouldn't worry if he's good enough for any one else to see, just jump jump. I just mixed together two songs that should never be mixed.

Seriously, why was he ever worried?

Oh wait, being stoned to death, yeah that's a problem. Plus, those kids holding the rocks have got to be so antsy to use them after all this time.

I suddenly have a mental image of Seventeen and Malachi doing their jumping act. The last three panels are them doing a stage finish, next panel is a tomato rock striking Malachi, final panel is Malachi lying unconscious on the ground while Seventeen does jazz hands.

Stop looking at me like that!

Invisible on
  • Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    anyone else checking in too often with the hope to find the next cartoon?

Ilze123 wrote: »
    anyone else checking in too often with the hope to find the next cartoon?

Yes.
    But I usually get off work right around when the comic is posted, so refreshing gives me something to do while I'm waiting to leave.

never found the cat here, first time I've needed help, can someone point it out in a spoiler tag??

UPDATE: Nevermind, just found it ... wow...

• MuxiMuxi Registered User new member
    edited August 2015
    Dear Katie&Adam,
    I've been reading pretty much since the beginning, after I saw Strip Search. I never thought about writing a comment, although I really enjoy reading them. This whole community taught me to not just skim over panels, but really take a close look and appreciate the little things, the expressions or small hidden details. That is probably why this one silent panel(#7), Seventeens look, just brought me to the verge of tears(and I'm not someone who cries a lot or gets there pretty fast).
    I really wanna thank the both of you for your work and the fuzzy feels it gives me. I really can't wait for Brians arc. All these characters are wonderful, even when I sometimes find myself hating some of them, it's for the right reasons. Because I'd probably dislike them in real life also.

I could write way more, but I don't want to branch out too much.

In short: Thank you so, so much.

Lots of Love from Germany

Muxi on
  • june32ndjune32nd Registered User new member
    edited September 2015
    where is the cat?!?! i've been looking for almost 45 minutes now.

update: FINALLY FOUND IT

june32nd on
  • John LittleJohn Little Registered User regular
    Rereading through the comic on my attempt to find all the cats, and I have to pause to say that the fact that Braden's notching act "killed" is amazing. It's hilarious that his notching act, whatever it was, was apparently a big crowd pleaser.