As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Captain American Revolution

124»

• DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited October 2007
    What happened to Spider-Man's arm spikes? Has he accidentally killed anyone with them lately? The gun seems useful on that level: as a plot device for "Oh God, what have I done?" moments.

DMAC on
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Whatever.

The only worthy replacement for Captain America is a human-sized Optimus Prime in a T-800-style organic suit.

Shadowen on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Any reason it can't be Frank castle?

Weaver on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    He already did it and decided he didn't want it.

Scooter on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    Is it still possible it's US Agent?

Because I would hate them forever if it was.

Lets see.

Pouches. Black Pants. A Gun.

Yeah, it could be US Agent as Cap. Hell, we saw US Agent using a gun in Omega Flight recently.

Though, even with all those similarities, it seems a little obvious. Plus I'm not sure what profit there would be in revisiting that territory.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I really hope this starts a Cap meme, like the Supergirl, Batgirl, Impulse and Spoiler memes.

DouglasDanger on
  • StrikerkcStrikerkc Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

How are you going to make it through WWII without a gun? At the very least, he's trained in the use of small arms.

speaking of Captain America with a gun, has anyone ever done a screen capture on the loading screen from marvel ultimate alliance? The one that has Captain America on the beach landing with a tommy gun? I've looked all over for that one, but I've never found it (it's not one of the pictures that unlocks either, you only ever see it as a loading screenD:)

I'd love it if any one had it.

Edit: Some one found it for me :)

Strikerkc on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Damnit, I had a long post about the gun thing written and then lost it. Fuck my spastic hands.

I don't see the big deal about the gun. That was the gist of it.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm not a fan of Alex Ross's art, but the new costume would be OK if it weren't so shiny. And the idea of giving Cap a gun and knife seems like an amateur redesign from the late 90's.

Teth on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Teth wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Alex Ross's art, but the new costume would be OK if it weren't so shiny. And the idea of giving Cap a gun and knife seems like an amateur redesign from the late 90's.

If it were a barbed sword and a giant laser gun, maybe.

Lux on
  • ToliToli Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    The only problem I have with the costume design is why the black? Couldn't it be a dark navy that bleed into the existing blue? The black is just so abrupt when compared to the 'armored' part of his costume (that is the theory we are working with now, right?)

If the black is supposed to represent a more 'sneaky' or 'secret-agent' like Cap, why not darken all the colors? If the point is a costume better suited to more subtrafugenous (hehheh) activities then are we to believe all his adventures will take place where he can hide 1/2 in neon signs 1/2 in darkness?

Toli on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Cap should have hightech body armor like what we see in MGS4, Halo, Crysis, etc. Keep the dorky shield if you must ( and yes you must) but at least give him some ranged weaponry, Stark could whip him up something awesome as a make up gift.

Caveman Paws on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited October 2007
    Lux wrote: »

If it were a barbed sword and a giant laser gun, maybe.

Fatejaredstevens.jpg

Whippy on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    jesus

Garlic Bread on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    whippy why you gotta do a thing

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Jared Stevens was a Marvel character trapped in a DC Universe.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The best part was how he kept ankh knives sheathed in his arm.

Christ.

Munch on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Cap should have hightech body armor like what we see in MGS4, Halo, Crysis, etc. Keep the dorky shield if you must ( and yes you must) but at least give him some ranged weaponry, Stark could whip him up something awesome as a make up gift.

af_metamorph2_capt_L.jpg

?

Wildcat on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Those are some small missiles for those shoulders to be functionally jointed.

DarkPrimus on
    edited October 2007
    Wildcat I salute you *salutes*

I was thinking something a touch smaller but that's an awesome idea. I think we all know the origional cap outfit is iconic and you can't mess with it (like superman or spider-man) so any "change" made will be temporary at best.

Most likely it won't be Steve anyway so it won't matter what it looks like.

Caveman Paws on
    edited October 2007
    Thanks! I was actually looking for a cover I came across recently showing Cap in a bulky version of his own costume (was it Heroes Reborn? I'm not too sure), but when I couldn't find it I decided to go for the Chris Sims comedy option.

Wildcat on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Thanks! I was actually looking for a cover I came across recently showing Cap in a bulky version of his own costume (was it Heroes Reborn? I'm not too sure), but when I couldn't find it I decided to go for the Chris Sims comedy option.

I think you may be referring to the period where Cap was paralyzed (I think that was the explanation).

1860_4_439.jpg

mattharvest on
    edited October 2007
    Aha, it was something like that one, yes. Cheers, matt!

Also: nice to see where they ripped off the Void's early look from.

Wildcat on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My feeling is that the more Cap's armor is technological, the more uninteresting he becomes. He's always a prime physical specimen, so his physical dramatic tension comes from how he deploys his strategy as much as anything else. Every weapon you add to his arsenal diminishes the excitement of those moves, in my opinion.

Aesthetically though, I just hate the "dipped in black" route.

Frankly, the last costume revision I liked (besides the Iron Spider) was with the non-costumes from the original New X-Men reboot. As Wolverine put it, they finally didn't look like idiots walking down the street. Of course Cyclops reversed that policy as soon as he took control.

mattharvest on
    edited October 2007
    Frankly I don't think "peak human conditioning" is gonna cut it for Cap if he keeps fighting people in high tech armor. A few James Bond style gadgets wouldn't hurt that much.

Caveman Paws on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

More like the late 40s.

august on
  • silkypeasilkypea Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    LAME!!!

silkypea on
    from the bottom of the bottle to the top of the throne
    doom the fuck tree