As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    TimFiji wrote: »
    According to reddit, the Gamestop requiring a Pro Membership was canceled due to all the negative backlash

Yup, because it was complete bullshit :P I'm really glad they aren't doing that.

Yeah, but it was the straight-up dick move I came to expect from GS. Nice job interweb persons!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
      Please tell me Duck Hunt is not Gamestop exclusive.

So far all three are. The individual figures are not in anyone else's system.

FUCK.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
      Just the three pack is exclusive. According to the leak about this, they are not exclusive as individual figures.

Also, this stinks, I am in a school all Saturday, so there is no way I could make it over there to pre-order them.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
      Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
      PSN - Brainiac_8
      Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
      Add me!
      Brainiac 8 wrote: »
      Just the three pack is exclusive. According to the leak about this, they are not exclusive as individual figures.

Also, this stinks, I am in a school all Saturday, so there is no way I could make it over there to pre-order them.

I'm Mr. Wolf; I'll see what I can do for you

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

Well, the leak never specifies for sure. And like I said, the individual figures have not shown up in anyone's system. They *might* come later, but who knows. But the way it's looking right this second, it seems they are GS exclusive via the 3 pack.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
      • McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
        Well fuck that. I want a Duck Hunt but I'm sure as hell not buying a 3 pack of relatively unrelated figures from Gamestop.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

That would be amazing! I'd owe you huge! Bigfoot pizza huge!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
        Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
        PSN - Brainiac_8
        Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
        Add me!
      • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
        McFlynn wrote: »
        Well fuck that. I want a Duck Hunt but I'm sure as hell not buying a 3 pack of relatively unrelated figures from Gamestop.

FU7kFbw.png
        Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
      • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
        According to reddit, the Gamestop requiring a Pro Membership was canceled due to all the negative backlash

Yup, because it was complete bullshit :P I'm really glad they aren't doing that.

Apparently the Pro Membership hour early special is still a thing. Maybe some Gamestops are doing that?
        I dunno who to believe anymore.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
      • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
        Riokenn wrote: »

Apparently the Pro Membership hour early special is still a thing. Maybe some Gamestops are doing that?
        I dunno who to believe anymore.

Is it? Last I heard some Gamestops were opening an hour early, but the Pro requirement is gone.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
        https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3fquhf/88_gamestop_event_update_yes_again/
        Confirmed for reaslies, assuming they don't make any more changes:
        -Pro membership is required once again for the 1-hour early event. (This is stressful.)

Riokenn wrote: »
        https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3fquhf/88_gamestop_event_update_yes_again/
        Confirmed for reaslies, assuming they don't make any more changes:
        -Pro membership is required once again for the 1-hour early event. (This is stressful.)

Oh for fuck's sake.

Now as an update to that same reddit thread:
        Per email communications and this morning's update on GSO, the official word is that the PUR Pro membership will not be required for early opening. Obviously, it looks like YMMV on this one. Ultimately, a DM may attempt to continue enforcing the PUR requirement in his district.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug88HO2mg44

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
        Now as an update to that same reddit thread:
        Per email communications and this morning's update on GSO, the official word is that the PUR Pro membership will not be required for early opening. Obviously, it looks like YMMV on this one. Ultimately, a DM may attempt to continue enforcing the PUR requirement in his district.

FML.

Requiring a pro membership will make this harder :bigfrown:

Requiring a pro membership will make this harder :bigfrown:

It's sounding like it doesn't... maybe.... it seems to change every hour :P

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
          Well they did higher a bouncer at the gamestop near me to check people's pre order receipts on July 26th
          So I wonder if they are going to do the same thing with this

• RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
          So in short, Gamestop is making the same mistake with toys as Venezuela with food and toilet paper.

Update from a Nintendo email blast:
          The full list of amiibo figures launching on the 11th of September includes:

30th Anniversary Mario Classic Color
          Zero Suit Samus
          Ganondorf
          Olimar
          Bowser Jr.
          Dr. Mario

On Sept. 25, a Retro 3 Pack will launch, which includes R.O.B., Duck Hunt and Mr. Game & Watch amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series in a single package.
          Further details about availability and pre-order schedules for these figures will be announced directly from various retailers in the near future. Three figures based on Mii Fighters, which were previously announced for release in September, will now launch as a 3 pack in November. More information about launch plans for the 30th Anniversary Mario Modern Color amiibo in North America will be shared in the future.

Maybe the Gamestop bundle really is exclusive?

A store exclusive 3 pack of amiibo that are not available as individuals? Including an amiibo that has 4 possible poses that will drive completionists insane?

Nintendo is still making horrible amiibo decisions, despite restocks happening.

More information about launch plans for the 30th Anniversary Mario Modern Color amiibo in North America will be shared in the future.

No we need that shit shared NOW. The game is coming out next month and there is NOTHING about the bundle for this and wooly world for NA.

What launch plans do we need to know? Just release the damn thing, for fuck's sake.

FU7kFbw.png
          Wouldn't have guessed the modern color variant of 8-bit Mario would be the hard one to find, but here we are.

RockinX wrote: »
          So in short, Gamestop is making the same mistake with toys as Venezuela with food and toilet paper.

Should I be sending you those instead of amiibos?!?

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
            I thought they said somewhere that the retro Mario would be available at launch, and the modern would be out at a later date, like October or something.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
          • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
            edited August 2015
            McFlynn wrote: »
            A store exclusive 3 pack of amiibo that are not available as individuals? Including an amiibo that has 4 possible poses that will drive completionists insane?

Nintendo is still making horrible amiibo decisions, despite restocks happening.
            Game & Watch comes with all four poses. If anything, this will help counter the assholes that were going to buy 4 of him

I thought they said somewhere that the retro Mario would be available at launch, and the modern would be out at a later date, like October or something.
            That's right. It's dumb, but I bet they're doing it this way because modern color will be exclusive somewhere

SaraLuna on
          • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
            I better be able to get Duck Hunt without having to jump through a million hoops.

Nintendo Console Codes
            Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
            PM Me if you add me!
            HAIL HYDRA
            Against my better judgement, I'll probably pass by my local Gamestop to see what's up. I live in a fairly "out in the boonies" area, so I'm not anticipating any huge crowds, unless some of the nuttier Amiibo folks decide to hit up every store in the area to get stock to flip on eBay.

I'm not waking up early, nor am I camping out, but if I show up and there are pre-orders left, I'll put one in.

FU7kFbw.png
          • AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular
            As a dude who lives/pays too much to live in NYC, one of the advantages I have when it comes to Amiibo hunting is having access to Nintendo World. Meaning I've paid retail for the Fire Emblem/Ness/Splatoon/Little Mac Amiibo without resorting to pre-orders/violence/scalping/sexual favors.

That being said, I'm willing to do one or all of those things for that Zero Suit Samus.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular

In the dark apocalyptic future, amiibo will be used to barter for what few resources remain. I may die, but at least I'll die clutching a Lucina to my chest.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
            Well that sucks. I was really hoping to get a ROB, but there's no way I'm going to fight G&W and Duck Hunt fans for the right to pay triple for him.

I guess I'm out of luck unless an influx of amateur scalpers drives the ebay price down.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
          • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

In the dark apocalyptic future, amiibo will be used to barter for what few resources remain. I may die, but at least I'll die clutching a Lucina to my chest.

Just don't get any blood on it, I'd rather not have to clean that off.

edited August 2015
            Placeholders for the next wave of Amiibo are up on Amazon -- though not Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario. The exclusive train keeps chuggin' along.

cloudeagle on
          • OptyOpty Registered User regular
            Wyvern wrote: »
            Well that sucks. I was really hoping to get a ROB, but there's no way I'm going to fight G&W and Duck Hunt fans for the right to pay triple for him.

I guess I'm out of luck unless an influx of amateur scalpers drives the ebay price down.

You could enter into a cost splitting pact with someone who just wants Duck Hunt and/or G&W and would let you carve off the ROB for a third of the bundle's cost.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
            If you want to be optimistic, then hope this is just something like the Splatoon 3 pack. The boy and girl were also available separately.

"But what about the squid amiibo?" Uh..... :(

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
          • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
            edited August 2015
            If you want to be optimistic, then hope this is just something like the Splatoon 3 pack. The boy and girl were also available separately.

"But what about the squid amiibo?" Uh..... :(

But the Splatoon 3 pack wasn't GameStop exclusive.

skeldare on
            Nintendo Console Codes
            Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
            PM Me if you add me!
            HAIL HYDRA
            cloudeagle wrote: »
            Placeholders for the next wave of Amiibo are up on Amazon -- though not Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario. The exclusive train keeps chuggin' along.

Frik. The last few waves went great for me, so its only fair that this one doesn't.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
            skeldare wrote: »
            I better be able to get Duck Hunt without having to jump through a million hoops.

This is the amiibo game. It's nothing BUT hoops.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
            Looks like placeholders for the Animal Crossing cards went up at Amazon too. Six cards per pack.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
            5FhXnzS.jpg
            huh, the skylanders ones are way smaller than I thought they'd be