As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spring into Action Figures!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    the lion is excellent

Garlic Bread on
  • Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Scumdogg wrote: »
    I picked up the 25th anniversary Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Commander today and would have gotten Flint and the Cobra Officer if either were fucking in stock. Honestly, at $4.88 it's probably the best deal I've ever gotten while attempting to reclaim my childhood.

Damn, these have been tempting me lately. The packaging is pretty cool, and is definitely making it hard to look away when i go down the toy aisles. I haven't been sure if i should buy these or not though. Most of the characters they've re-released, i already own the first versions of. Plus i've got a box full of figures from like two other GI Joe relaunches that i never take out or look at anymore. So i'm just not sure if i should buy 'em. :(

That being said...normally i say open your toys, without question. These though...i might leave 'em carded. Unless you already have someplace awesome to display them once they're opened.

I really think I might just buy doubles and have the best of both worlds. Also, have you fucking read the card for Cobra Commander? The fact that they mention him kidnapping scientists was all I needed to declare him my favorite figure thus far.

All I need for my life to be complete is Beachhead and Firefly, but I think I've only seen the sculpt for Beachhead and am not too sure about Firefly...

...as long as they don't make him look like a smug PR like the first Sigma 6 figure...

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I need that Superman.

I need multiples so I can have all heads on display.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited October 2007
    Holy dick

6362219ec03d_main400.jpg
    63622228147d_a400.jpg

he's even fucking holding his gun by the magazine like the original

I really love the hell out of Hasbro right now.

I just noticed that his pose is actually more like he's masturbating mischievously while plotting to replace the Skystriker fuel with acid.

True story.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    my 5 boosters of DC Hypertime heroclix came in the mail. i'll open them right here!

Box 1: Man-Bat, Lackey, Bane, Checkmate Agent
    Box 2: Weather Wizard, Huntress, Arcane, Robin
    Box 3: Robin, Mad Hatter, Doomsday, Harley Quinn
    Box 4: Harley Quinn, Nightwing, Arcane, Clayface III
    Box 5: Lackey, Batman, Huntress, Checkmate Agent

Wow, that was Batman-tastic. Also a lot of doubles.

Garlic Bread on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2007
    hypertime is ridiculously outdated gamewise now

DJ Eebs on
    edited October 2007
    I know

And the molds aren't great

but they were $2 a box and I like collecting stuff

Garlic Bread on
  • ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Holy dick

I just noticed that his pose is actually more like he's masturbating mischievously while plotting to replace the Skystriker fuel with acid.

True story.

When i have to tell my wife that we're buying these, can i blame you? Because i can overlook their one tiny peg in the toy aisle, most of the time, but damn. That Firefly is awesome.

Scumdogg on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Holy dick

6362219ec03d_main400.jpg
    63622228147d_a400.jpg

True story.

oh man
    when is this coming out

DouglasDanger on
    edited October 2007
    Not when it should be, which is right fucking now.

It's a wave 3 fig, so we're looking at the end of the year at the earliest. Since wave 1 just went retail, I have no way of judging how far apart the waves are gonna be, but considering that they already have up to wave 5 done I'd guess it'd be pretty damn frequent...maybe 1 1/2 - 2 months? Hasbro is pretty good with their shipping schedule, except when it comes to Transformers, so I'd hope for and expect an '07 release.

Beachhead and Serpentor are in wave 2.

Money will be spent.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • TylerM23TylerM23 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Holee shit. I just found a Holocaust figure in a tiny bin filled with mostly broken Batman toys at a local vintage clothing/records store. It was $1. I did not even know they made a Holocaust figure. Upon investigation it seems he was renamed Dark Nemesis for the toyline to avoid genocidal connotations. I'm going to go bust out my Blink, then up my efforts at finding and buying a Sugar Man figure. It's a 5" Age of Apocalypse reunion up in this bitch.

Which brings me to my question. Anyone else on here still collect the old 5" Toy Biz stuff? You know, the super hero toys they used to make that stand up under their own power? :) I hadn't bought anything since the mid 90's at least, then a couple years ago at Christmas when we had just moved to the area, were dirt poor and jobless, my wife found and bought me a Fantastic Four Thanos at a local comic shop. Now i cannot stop collecting the old figures, and have been giving serious thought to selling off Marvel Legends figures to clear out shelf space.
    AoAtn.jpg
    Click for bigger

Dated, as I've replaced it with the proper Magneto, but yeah I still collect the Toy Biz stuff. I have the majority of it but there's still bits and pieces I need. I also have some stuff available for trade/sale.

TylerM23 on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87504E1

A reissue of the Canor Jax/Kir Kanos royal guard pack?

yes.

Bloods End on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    God those Swan Superman extras are great.

Dex Dynamo on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Man, if I had the money, I would buy GI Joes again. I really like some of the Sigma Six stuff, and I want Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes and Firefly in the classic size, with the new sculpts soo badly.

DouglasDanger on
    edited October 2007
    In FL $15.53 can net you all three. Come on, save/find/panhandle/kill for a dollar every two days for a month and they're yours.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Need small to moderate amounts of funds to feed your collecting habit?

Pan handlers.

Don't ask questions, just trust me. One out of four of them are surprisingly well off.

Surprisingly.

Caveman Paws on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So, I went a little ebay crazy and expanded my DC SH collection finally. I'm only disappointed that Nightwing doesn't have articulated elbows. All I really want now is a Clayface, maybe a Bane and Batgirl.
    group1.jpg
    darkseid.jpg
    nightwing2.jpg
    supers.jpg
    steel.jpg
    bats.jpg
    And they fight, too.
    group22.jpg
    And that + one Batman Begins figure constitutes my entire collection.

Lux on
    edited October 2007
    fuck i just bought that nightwing off of ebay thanks

now i need to find robin

Garlic Bread on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    fuck i just bought that nightwing off of ebay thanks

now i need to find robin

If you need a Batman you can buy this two pack.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited October 2007
    I have Batman, but I might get that pack

Garlic Bread on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The Batman could be your Secret Spider-Man gift, though that'd be kind of cheap. Still, everyone loves a Batman.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited October 2007
    depending on who I get I'm gonna throw in my Heroclix doubles along with the "real" present

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2007
    TylerM23 wrote: »
    AoAtn.jpg
    Click for bigger

Dated, as I've replaced it with the proper Magneto, but yeah I still collect the Toy Biz stuff. I have the majority of it but there's still bits and pieces I need. I also have some stuff available for trade/sale.

That's a pretty great set-up right there. Reminds me of my old "Apocalypse Wow" shelf i used to maintain. Theme displays are always nice. Since you seem to have the Age of Apocalypse stuff pretty much down, do you know if the Sugar Man figure is ridiculously hard to obtain? I know of a few places around me that have a lot of old Marvel toys in stock, but i don't think i've ever seen that one out and about. I prefer to buy stuff in person rather than online, but if he's ridiculously rare i may just have to break down and e-bay it or something.

Scumdogg on
    edited October 2007
    That's a pretty great set-up right there. Reminds me of my old "Apocalypse Wow" shelf i used to maintain. Theme displays are always nice. Since you seem to have the Age of Apocalypse stuff pretty much down, do you know if the Sugar Man figure is ridiculously hard to obtain? I know of a few places around me that have a lot of old Marvel toys in stock, but i don't think i've ever seen that one out and about. I prefer to buy stuff in person rather than online, but if he's ridiculously rare i may just have to break down and e-bay it or something.

Found just one on eBay.

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

Found just one on eBay.

Wow, $50, huh? Yeah...that pretty much rules out the ebay option. :(

Scumdogg on
    edited October 2007
    Toys R Us is selling exclusive 181st Squadron TIE interceptors.

They are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Bloods End on
    edited October 2007
    Sideshow has posted a preview of their newest Premium Format statue..

The Thing!

No big photos yet, but a few have been leaked.

Looks like the exclusive will be an interchangeable head.

Another must buy from Sideshow. Assholes.

7209sw5.jpg72091pc7.jpg

72091press04002jp8.jpg

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »

how dare you not post pictures and force me to look it up myself.

I used to be, and I suppose still am, a rabid collector of the old Decipher Star Wars CCG. I was about 9 or so when I started so needless to say all my money went to the collection. The point of this story is that I pretty much only had Starfighter decks built around winning through sheer attrition (force drains are totally lame). My pride and joy of my main deck was the DS1 being guarded by the Avenger with the Saber Squadron and all the respective pilots.

I refused to not use the Sabers in every deck I made.

I refuse to not buy this.

pTRU1-3623924reg.jpg

You've made my day and acquired a new comrade.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
    edited October 2007

I used to be, and I suppose still am, a rabid collector of the old Decipher Star Wars CCG. I was about 9 or so when I started so needless to say all my money went to the collection. The point of this story is that I pretty much only had Starfighter decks built around winning through sheer attrition (force drains are totally lame). My pride and joy of my main deck was the DS1 being guarded by the Avenger with the Saber Squadron and all the respective pilots.

pTRU1-3623924reg.jpg

You know what would go great with that TIE?

Baron Soontir Fel Figure.
    dragonballzcentral_1968_432910815

Bloods End on
    edited October 2007
    Toys R Us wrote: »
    It includes a 181st fighter pilot figure!

but I get what you're saying. I just knew Fel from his card, which was just a named TIE pilot with fucking rad stats.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

pTRU1-3623924reg.jpg

You know what would go great with that TIE?

Baron Soontir Fel Figure.
    dragonballzcentral_1968_432910815

Damn you Bloods End, you always show this awesome Star Wars stuff and now I have no money and I want it. Seriously die :twisted:
    just kidding dont die I wont learn about the cool new Star Wars stuff

smokmnky on
    edited October 2007
    To make this thread interesting again, weekly Clixhaul!

Creeper (again)
    Dr. Light II (again)
    Merlyn
    Mr. Mxyzpltk
    Zauriel

Mxy is the rare of the box, but I think Zauriel looks cooler so I'll post his picture

hdjl029wy0.jpg

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2007
    Yay, another list of heroclix.

Have you tried playing the game at all?

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2007
    On another note, I'm looking forward to some of the new stuff coming from Gentle Giant next Spring.

0011097.jpg

0011098.jpg

0011100.jpg

Want.

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Yay, another list of heroclix.

Have you tried playing the game at all?

Got no one to play it with

Garlic Bread on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Do you display them or something, then?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited October 2007
    yes/no

they're in their space

in my closet

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2007
    Thing Exclusive is up!

Theres also the plain ol single headed Regular edition.

Get one while they last!

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2007
    So instead of pick shit up for my Pyro costume, I got some Cobra figs from wave 2...which apparently came out the same time as wave 1...yeah.

63464e95289_a400.jpg
    6346435ac7b9_main400.jpg
    63522be71f9_a400.jpg
    6352253a239_main400.jpg

Serpentor is pretty shitty. His cape is cloth, so I guess that's neat, but that skirt thing makes his legs difficult to move and his boots do the same for the feet. He also has this incredibly worried look which strikes me as odd...y'know...evil superclone and all...

Buzzer is so totally fucking cool. Like, I've always hated the Dreadnoks and this is probably my favorite I've picked up yet. His head doesn't move at all really, but the amount of articulation the chainsaw allows makes for some pretty rad poses. Oh, and the boxart makes him look like he has a chainsaw donger.

After work and the movies tomorrow I'm gonna stop by Toys "R" Us and see if I can pick up the rest of the figs I don't have while trying to convince myself that I really don't need to drop the $40 on that Saber Interceptor...

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So, the new Marvel Legends series with Dr. Doom : Has anyone seen one that doesn't have really splotchy paint on his armor? I searched through all of Wal-Mart last night to no avail, so I'm thinking they might all be like that.

Mr Pink on
This discussion has been closed.