As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, August 4, 2015 - Hoppy Ending

2»

• tutchinstutchins Registered User new member
    I have read this comic from the beginning and I have signed up and logged in specifically to say something I have thought for a while.........

Brian is awesome.

• iczer6iczer6 Registered User regular
    Brian is the best camper!

• Roymaster45Roymaster45 Registered User regular
    DD23 wrote: »
    I cant help but feel that this camp is an "after-life" like place for kids who died. There are NO adults, and all of the children seem to have come from some sort of rough background.
    Seventeen could have died when the still exploded. Mal died in the chemical explosion. The kid who used to get dunked in the toilet could have drowned....

Perhaps this camp is made to help children make peace with themselves before they move on to the next life?

Just saying...

I would agree, except there are quite a few kids that don't seem to have any potential cause of death in their backstory. For example, Dani got sent to camp because his songs became less famous and the family went broke or whatever. So, maybe they had to start living on the streets and he died of starvation, but that doesn't seem likely to me.

• MonkeyJoeMonkeyJoe Registered User new member
    My heart strings, they are plucked!

• WasamiWasami Registered User regular
    Is it possible that the egotism has developed a crack that may result in it's utter destruction?

• WasamiWasami Registered User regular
    The hidden cat is probably Death who comes to watch his little collection.
    DD23 wrote: »
    I cant help but feel that this camp is an "after-life" like place for kids who died. There are NO adults, and all of the children seem to have come from some sort of rough background.
    Seventeen could have died when the still exploded. Mal died in the chemical explosion. The kid who used to get dunked in the toilet could have drowned....

Perhaps this camp is made to help children make peace with themselves before they move on to the next life?

Just saying...

I would agree, except there are quite a few kids that don't seem to have any potential cause of death in their backstory. For example, Dani got sent to camp because his songs became less famous and the family went broke or whatever. So, maybe they had to start living on the streets and he died of starvation, but that doesn't seem likely to me.

• AetaAeta [E] DC Metro areaRegistered User regular
    This reminds me of Heath Ledger's 1st tournament in "A Knights Tale" https://youtu.be/QCWe2rfpIHI

• LoisLaneLoisLane Registered User regular
    How do you know Dani got dumped in camp for that @ Roymaster45

• theholyesttheholyest Registered User regular
    @loislane you get the general gist of Dani's story from his singing bit earlier, in comic 214

• hadomountainhadomountain Registered User new member
    d'awwww Seventeen and Malachi holding hands while they jump ^_^
    that's quite cute :)

• DrAlleconDrAllecon Registered User regular
    A hoppy ending indeed. I'm glad that Chekhov's painted tomatoes didn't go off. As always everyone's expressions are great and convey so much about them instantly. A wonderful wrap-up.

• MustacheHamMustacheHam Registered User regular
    This was a really sweet page.
    Now, as Brian may be a quite fellow, he still knows how to get a good cheer started.

• MisterGunpowderMisterGunpowder Registered User new member
    Mr Fish 86 wrote: »
    ahhhhh HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! YES BRIAN!!!!

YES! YES! YES!

• ImNotAnAthleteImNotAnAthlete Registered User regular
    Damn I love Brian.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    That made my day Katie. I gave you money for your kickstarter and I have had no reason to regret it (yet). You just keep getting better and better.

• jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    Forget movies, this storyline is the feel good hit of the summer.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I'm not going to say I've never considered the possibility that the camp is purgatory type place, but it doesn't really fit.
    Besides being a really depressing interpretation, I don't think it fits what we know. It's just a world that operates slightly different than ours. Where unwanted kids (and cats) can be sent to a camp and forgotten about.

I think the closest comparison I could make is Dumbo (How depressing is 95% Dumbo?). He's mocked and ostracized for a perceived failing, but the supposed failing is his greatest strength. And I think this is true for a lot of the campers.

Obviously, some of them might just be jerks, but I like to think there's good there, too.

I mean poor Braden seemed pretty happy just notching wood in his room and he got sent off for looking odd.

• ComiczMann133ComiczMann133 Registered User regular
    Next time Malachi... next time.

• metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    The first time going through I didn't even notice the mini-story with the rock tomato kids.

Then the next time through looking for the cat i noticed the kid in the bush and his reaction to Brian. Just so much detail in this comic.

Great job as usual, great story line.

The only thing I couldn't figure out is which kids were the silhouette kids from the early panel, but I did notice there were 5 kids in the silhouette not 4 which I didn't notice at first. I think the kid in the middle is the red angry kid, but the other silhouettes don't make sense if that's the case

• LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    /standing ovation

Loved it. :D:D:D

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Oh gods... Can't handle the feels!

Beautiful end to a brilliant arc. It's comics like this that secure Camp Weedonwantcha firmly in it's place among the best.

Wooooooooooo go Brian!

• cmgreenecmgreene Registered User regular
    :)

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    KatieJRice wrote: »
    @Serpit I uploaded a super big version into my wallpaper album on Flickr...here's the link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/katiejrice/19678521434/in/album-72157642879862734/

:]

This link led me to looking at all the Camp wallpapers, including the one with the deer pooping while jumping over Malachi. I love this comic.

• Eightball535Eightball535 Registered User new member
    edited August 2015
    Invisible wrote: »
    Lol

The expressions are so great again.
    Seriously:
    The mean girls, Fred, Steve(n), the Twins

Btw, speaking of the two mean girls, the tall red haired fair skinned freckled girl and the short black chin length haired tan skinned girl that is, I thought of two names for them back on the strip episode "Friendly Warning": the tall red headed one is Bianca and the short black haired one is Udella.

Eightball535 on
  • kateberlykateberly Registered User regular
    Aww Brian,,,,

• Spyke66Spyke66 Registered User regular
    I can't look at “scorpion lips” without thinking at this emoticon ^3^

• Stephen SchutterStephen Schutter Registered User regular
    Brian the supportive and silent guardian.

• JachraJachra Registered User regular
    Can't believe I never noticed Kennedy and Marta looking uncertain there,

"We do not allow wizards to cast spells in our game, for that is the most unbalanced rule of all."
  • Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    The blonde ropes course kid looks like Kurt Cobain.......

• ExplosiveCupcakeExplosiveCupcake Registered User new member
    I love Brian so much it hurts

• Jack Is DeadJack Is Dead Registered User regular
    This makes my heart happy.

• kittymeow321kittymeow321 Registered User new member
    I love these kids so much, my heart