As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skyforge - New MMORPG by Allods Team and Westernization by Obsidian

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Is the currency thing honestly that hard?

Or is it just a thing now that people complain about having to track more than 2 or 3 numbers in a video game these days?

There are currencies in the game that seem to be set aside to purchase a single item (am I wrong? there really does seem to be currency specifically for buying certain costume unlocks. I.E. each unlock has it's own special currency. . .)

If that isn't a bit excessive to the point of completely not understanding the concept of currency then I don't know what is.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I'll take a guild invite, tantrum stockholm

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I tried to get you, but it tells me that you're not online.

26904.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

Prestige scaling! FINALLY ABLE TO GROUP WITH FRIENDS ON THE 11th?!

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Yeah. I tried all the classes and I'd say that Gunner and Knight were my favorites with archer , alchemist, and necro as runner ups.

The monk wasn't as fun to play as the videos looked.

Gunner and Knight are both super far from the start, and in opposite directions. You can grab archer/necro on the way to Gunner, Knight doesnt pass through any of the others, really.

n1woEHJ.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Gunner and Knight are both super far from the start, and in opposite directions. You can grab archer/necro on the way to Gunner, Knight doesnt pass through any of the others, really.

Of the secondary damage stats, strength>spirit=luck>vigor overall is the breakdown as I recall. Might isn't worth mentioning because you'll get lots of it no matter what (red is always might, green is always stamina, and you can't avoid going through some).

The ring of nodes right before Archer has a lot of strength nodes and the center node is the Ultimate Strength symbol. The ring before Necro is the same. So if you intend to pile on a little accuracy (not hard with rings and the first two temples both easily give it)... it's a really good route to be on for the dps. But yeah, Knight and Gunner are basically opposite each other. For Knight you pass closest to Kinetic and Slayer.

Slayer is poorly represented in the training hall... you don't have the all-important minefield mod greaves that let you put them down in controlled patterns. The way stats work you only really care about the secondary ability of weapons, and the minefield ability is night and day in how strong it is (mainly because of the stupid things I can do - most enemy groups open with me instant-killing the most annoying unit)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    i did not realize i had to be online to get a guild invite... what is this 2005?

Polaritie wrote: »

Of the secondary damage stats, strength>spirit=luck>vigor overall is the breakdown as I recall. Might isn't worth mentioning because you'll get lots of it no matter what (red is always might, green is always stamina, and you can't avoid going through some).

The ring of nodes right before Archer has a lot of strength nodes and the center node is the Ultimate Strength symbol. The ring before Necro is the same. So if you intend to pile on a little accuracy (not hard with rings and the first two temples both easily give it)... it's a really good route to be on for the dps. But yeah, Knight and Gunner are basically opposite each other. For Knight you pass closest to Kinetic and Slayer.

Slayer is poorly represented in the training hall... you don't have the all-important minefield mod greaves that let you put them down in controlled patterns. The way stats work you only really care about the secondary ability of weapons, and the minefield ability is night and day in how strong it is (mainly because of the stupid things I can do - most enemy groups open with me instant-killing the most annoying unit)

I really dont like spirit nearly that high for most classes. Impulse charges are cool and all, but there are (for most classes) specific abilities that benefit most from it, and you don't always get the weave them into your rotations where you would want. That kinda makes spirit a bit worse than it could be with perfect theorycrafting. I'd put spirit lowest on the dps stats lists, maybe over temper.

n1woEHJ.png
    edited August 2015
    Ok. Yeah, I think I will run over and grab Archer and then move down and grab Necro before going over to Gunner.

I didn't hate Slayer but I'm really not a stealth player.

Seidkona on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I really dont like spirit nearly that high for most classes. Impulse charges are cool and all, but there are (for most classes) specific abilities that benefit most from it, and you don't always get the weave them into your rotations where you would want. That kinda makes spirit a bit worse than it could be with perfect theorycrafting. I'd put spirit lowest on the dps stats lists, maybe over temper.

I find myself adjusting my rotation to make sure my Paladin hits the right attack when he has a full impulse charge. Not sure if that's good or bad.

• Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I'm actually having a blast in pvp, but I stick to 3v3s. The rewards come waaayyyy quicker than grinding pve missions, too. The best thing is win or lose, it all pays the same. You also get 5 pieces of gear, whatevers of mastery, and a backpull full of credits, ether crystals, and whatevers of evolution (not the red/green/blue ones, the yellow universally-usable class node ones). Straight up, I think this is the best way to get a class maxed (or hit your cap for the week, anyway). 25-50ish evolution rocks for a 5-10minute match can't really be beat.

Alchemist is super fun for it; I've got THE GLOOP TROOP. Also, the reflect/invincibility shield is super hilarious. Cryomancers and Kinetics gibbing themselves on me all day. Oh, and Slayers can do this thing where they put down a bunch of mines next to a wall and then use their dragline to toss you through them. Well, if I have my channeled reflect on when they pull me it still reflects all the mines even though the channel is interrupted. Hellloooo 9000 damage reflect.

I've found Paladins to be mostly ignorable in pvp. They disrupt my reflect skill a little better than most, but they don't have the damage to make me worry about them. Sometimes I'll bump into a Slayer or Cryo who can basically 1-shot me, and I'm still working out how that's happening.

My suggestion would be to queue with a friend. My girlfriend rolls with me, but we've also picked up a bunch of rando internet friends just from pvp. Remember - wins and losses pay the same, don't sweat it.

Anyways, my ign is Blues Brothers. I'll be pestering the authorities for an invite the next time I'm on.

Thor1590 on
    I tried to invite you tonight but you were not online.

I've queued up an upgrade to a Condenser Unit. It will require Clan Leaders to vote to approve the upgrade to start the construction. Hopefully that will happen soon.

26904.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I wish pvp only took five to ten minutes in 3v3. People always seem to want to trade wins and drag it to 4/5. At that point its taken 25 minutes and I could have finished a DF/HT/MSM and had better chances at blues.

If you can just get your team to throw it's nice and quick though.

27k sparks left till gunner! I may just wait till I can get a purple key node to take the shorter route. I really want gunner though.

steam_sig.png
    I went through a decent amount of nodes last night and am now 1.4k prestige.

I am going to hit archer 1st and then probably just b-line it to gunner.

Gunner is so far. I love it every time I get a bonus stage with it, but it's also just reminding me about what I won't have for like a month.

steam_sig.png
  • warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    I started playing this over the weekend. It's pretty fun. Is there a site or wiki that has a better explanation for the currencies/talents and classes?

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, I ended up getting home from work and pretty much immediately went to bed. I'll probably be on tonight, though! You know. Maybe.

• KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I'll be on line for a bit now, could I get a guild invite? "Khaval Martin" in game.

Oh, and I found out there is a better way to get Tokens of Evolution (is that the name? the yellow ones.). You can kill the first boss of one of the missions, get 25-50 tokens, leave the mission, repeat. That sounds about as fun as putting my dick through a cheese grater, though, so I'll stick to anything else I think.

Yeah, thats basically the recommended way to grind out class sparks if you've capped the colored ones.

For colored ones, Thetin Rift has great rewards if can manage it (it's got difficult waves and only one boss)... probably because it can be done much faster than the listed 25 min estimate (I can manage it in 12 on Slayer)

Thetin Rift also has an easy optional boss. So that's a nice chance at a drop and a handful of class sparks.

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2015
    Allllrighty, I'm actually online now. Is Fireflies our pantheon?

Edit: And now I'm doing other things for a bit. Make a post when you're on and I'll get back on.

Thor1590 on
    Negative. The Pantheon is called Woe Bundy. I'll be on as "Penric Dreaver" for a little bit.

26904.png
    edited August 2015
    Woooo!

Thor1590 on
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    I just unlocked Kinetic and now I'm kinda conflicted. I want to play it, but having 4 abilities and no talents means I'm useless. I don't even have a weapon yet. Tried it a bit with a friend of mine who has the patience of a saint and made a lot of empty sound and fury while he soloed stuff. Guess I'll have to go back to cryo or LB to grind some more sparks ... but I just wanna play my Kinetic, waaaaaah waaaaaah waaaah. :P

I went through a node and some last night. I'm getting a lot closer to Archer.

The new Instance they threw at me, the Catacombs, is really not solo-able from my Paladin right now so I suppose I am gong to farm sparks when I get on next to push through to Archer and put the story on hold for a bit.

I think I might delay the path to gunner shortly to fill out archer up to the part where class sparks unlock the class. It's worth it to have a second class I can actually play.

is there an easy way to get a weapon for a new class outside of drops?

edited August 2015
    NEWS: Patch note for next Wednesday have been posted HERE. Be warned, the notes really are 17 pages (about 32,000 words according to reddit) long! A lot of the really neat stuff is referred to but not detailed - you'll see "Watch the developer diary <insert cool thing here> for more information" a few times. Some pretty cool stuff in there! My personal favorite: "Fixed a bug that would randomly cause a character to die." Yeah, that's a good thing!

All classes get a weapon and secondary slot item "for free" when you unlock them, but they basically count as a zero damage/benefit until you actually slot something there. You still get whatever bonus from the enhancement slots, so it isn't all bad.

Also, Lanber Catacombs is the first "hard" Adventure zone that you will unlock. Personally, I found it to be the most interesting area I've come across so far. I found it to be more challenging that MSM or Darren, but not in a "let's just add more hitpoints to the boss" kind of way. It actually had interesting mechanics on all three of the boss fights and until you figure out the "trick", they're basically unwinnable.

Last night we tried Cronnel Platforms, and it's the exact opposite of that. It's giant hitpoint sink bosses that take upwards of 20-minutes to whittle down, while they summon annoying adds and hit you for 24,000 if you miss-time a dodge. We tried the first boss three times (which literally took over an hour!) and the lowest we got it down to was 4 bars. Even the worst fight (only managed to remove two bars of health) lasted nearly 10 minutes!

Finally, there are two pending votes in the Pantheon. Clan leaders, please log in and vote! (EDIT TO ADD: Apparently "votes like this are being fixed in the patch too! "When a vote is held in the pantheon, the votes of those who abstained would be counted as affirmative. Voting lasts 3 days." Whee!!)

Stupid on

26904.png
    I don't want to get another Clan leader appointed yet, we have a hard enough time getting 3 people to vote, if we have to move it to 4/6 its going to be a bigger hassle. If you're not interested in playing skyforge, PLEASE leave the pantheon. Juggling space for new players is a hassle, with how much we have to move people around to invite to the specific clan we're in charge of.

Also, I'll be talking to the leaders and if they don't want to vote often on stuff, we'll remove one of them and teldra can be promoted to replace their vote.

n1woEHJ.png
    Entaru wrote: »
    I went through a node and some last night. I'm getting a lot closer to Archer.

The new Instance they threw at me, the Catacombs, is really not solo-able from my Paladin right now so I suppose I am gong to farm sparks when I get on next to push through to Archer and put the story on hold for a bit.

I think I might delay the path to gunner shortly to fill out archer up to the part where class sparks unlock the class. It's worth it to have a second class I can actually play.

is there an easy way to get a weapon for a new class outside of drops?

Just drops. Weapons are just stat sticks anyways though - 20 might is 20 might. Weapo.s do hace the multiplier from slot rank I guess.

PvP is a good option for an initial weapon. Just do the FFA and let someone hit you and thencome back in five min.

Agree that Cronnel is dumb. Lanber isn't bad aside from rockfalls once you know the bosses.

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    I don't want to get another Clan leader appointed yet, we have a hard enough time getting 3 people to vote, if we have to move it to 4/6 its going to be a bigger hassle. If you're not interested in playing skyforge, PLEASE leave the pantheon. Juggling space for new players is a hassle, with how much we have to move people around to invite to the specific clan we're in charge of.

Also, I'll be talking to the leaders and if they don't want to vote often on stuff, we'll remove one of them and teldra can be promoted to replace their vote.

You don't have to assign a commander to each new clan. You can add a new clan to the guild if it's more efficient to add space that way without assigning a commander.

ironzerg wrote: »

You don't have to assign a commander to each new clan. You can add a new clan to the guild if it's more efficient to add space that way without assigning a commander.

Yes, but we have a vote up for a new commander for the latest clan we've created. I was explaining why I voted against it atm.

n1woEHJ.png
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Just maxxed Cryomancer. Costume looks awful and the symbol is kind of boring, but whatever. Might play as Archer for a little bit, but playing as a maxxed class gives you those universal class sparks so there's still a reason to stick with a class even after you get everything for it.

Aistan wrote: »
    Just maxxed Cryomancer. Costume looks awful and the symbol is kind of boring, but whatever. Might play as Archer for a little bit, but playing as a maxxed class gives you those universal class sparks so there's still a reason to stick with a class even after you get everything for it.

Dont forget you also unlock more symbol slots, so even if the costume or symbol itself sucks you're still getting stronger.

n1woEHJ.png
  • ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    So I got to prestige 700 the other day after downloading this on a whim. Is there a PA pantheon I can get in on?

There is a PA Pantheon. Send a message to Sidaltus Viern, Taylln Thane, Maxamillion Kisse, Basil Heart, or Penric Dreaver for an invitation. (Those are our current Clan Leaders aka "officers".)

50% is still a "pass", so whether it is 3/5 or 3/6 we still need three Clan leaders to vote YES to get anything done. And making one more person a clan leader opens a single slot for a new player in the Pantheon. Once we add another clan or two, I might agree with you. It seems to take a few days to get 3 votes right now. With 7 or 8 clans we would need 4 votes to pass anything and that might be difficult.

I have to echo this though:
    If you're not interested in playing skyforge, PLEASE leave the pantheon. Juggling space for new players is a hassle
    We only have 36 total slots right now and we're sitting at 33 members. Clan leaders can only invite into their own clan, so getting a new person in means moving bodies around in various clans until you can free up a space. It really is a hassle!

26904.png
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

Dont forget you also unlock more symbol slots, so even if the costume or symbol itself sucks you're still getting stronger.

I suppose so, but i'm currently on 3/5 including the underwhelming cryomancer one so that didn't feel like that much of a benefit in the moment.

Also Archer kind of sucks. Maybe i'm just used to Cryomancer's damage output but once the Archer runs out of whatever their resource is called they can't do much of anything. I'll keep at it I suppose, maybe adding some talents will help.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I haven't been on lately, but only because of real life constraints. I'll be in.

What is this I don't even.
    edited August 2015

I suppose so, but i'm currently on 3/5 including the underwhelming cryomancer one so that didn't feel like that much of a benefit in the moment.

Also Archer kind of sucks. Maybe i'm just used to Cryomancer's damage output but once the Archer runs out of whatever their resource is called they can't do much of anything. I'll keep at it I suppose, maybe adding some talents will help.

I think they regain it decently on their main attack? I dunno. They have really nice DoTs.

Edit: Only like 3k sparks from Witch. Plus... some large number of trans sparks, so... yeah.

Polaritie on
    I was having fun with Archer in the bonus missions (when I got to play one). LLR for AE fire DoT seemed pretty powerful. Maybe not bursty, but a ton of DPS. And, it's worth noting, that the fire DoT is gaining the ability to crit on every tick in the upcoming patch. Yeah, I'm moving towards Archer right now.

26904.png