As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Annual Post-PAX Party Returns! [Cancelled]

1235»

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for all the work you put into this @Coldbrew , sorry to hear it's not going to happen.

• Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Man, @Coldbrew - I'm so sorry it didn't work out. What a strange year.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for all of the kind words and support everybody. I still feel really bad about this but it means a lot. <3

I have processed all refund requests and manually refunded all other orders, and the event is officially cancelled so the EventBrite page may not show up anymore. Since PayPal handles the refunds, they may take a few days. If you purchased a ticket you should have at least received an email by now about being refunded. I've also had to take a small hit out of my own pocket because I haven't seen any of Eventbrite's fees come back to me yet, and I don't actually know if I will get them back at all or not. It's no big deal though, getting you all refunded is the important part.

I don't want this party to die out permanently though, so we should definitely try this again next year especially since we will have Labor Day back. Honestly though I'm not sure if I want to be the one running it. I've learned a lot from working with this over the last couple months and I'm confident about being able to handle it again, but it's hard to say if I'll be up for taking on the bulk of the work next time. It's too early to tell though, and either way I'd still at least be willing to offer plenty of help.

Anyway, thanks again everybody. Hopefully I'll see some of you around PAX! You should be able to find me at all of the main stage concerts up in the front row with a camera, or hopefully playing StarFox and Dark Souls III. :D

Feel free to keep discussion open for next year, throw out suggestions/ideas/opinions and whatever else. I'll leave it up to you @zerzhul if you want to keep the thread open for a while or not.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    It's too bad that it's not happening, however I shall remain hopeful that I will be able to find some sort of after party for this year(official or not)! I did get an email about the refund as well, so that means more money for other stuff(swag and food mostly). I shall also be playing Star Fox so who knows, I might run into you there.

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    Seattle RockBand GroupSeattle RockBand Group Registered User regular
    Thanks for the shout out Coldbrew, I know how hard it is trying to coordinate this kind of event. The silver lining is that we get to go to Bumbershoot this year!

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    You know I've never actually been to Bumbershoot. Even when it doesn't overlap with PAX, it's usually still a super-busy weekend for work so I couldn't get away anyway. But I hear Paul & Storm are performing so it might just be worth slipping away for a while to check it out. I'd definitely recommend any other Seattle-area locals to check it out too.

NSw0gum.png