As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skyforge - New MMORPG by Allods Team and Westernization by Obsidian

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Not too far from archer myself. I really like it when I get to play it.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Yeah the fire AoE is great but you can only do it twice, maybe three times before you're out of power and need to plink away with useless normal shots for ages before you can do it again. As someone who exclusively solos I can't really endure the attacks i'm receiving while that is happening. The lightning circle thing helps briefly but not against enemies with any sort of ranged attack, which is most of them.

E: Saw the writing on the wall, actually. There's no way i'm going to be able to put up with the long grind to Gunner, and i'll probably stop playing immediately after that point anyway since I wouldn't have a goal to work towards after. Left the Pantheon to free up the slot and uninstalled.

Good luck guys, it was fun giving this game a try with you all.

Aistan on
  • ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    If you're not interested in playing skyforge, PLEASE leave the pantheon. Juggling space for new players is a hassle

Alrighty, I'll see if it sticks past a week or two, and let you guys know! I don't think there's anything gated for single player at my level yet.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Unlocked Witch and got to class sparks. And I've almost mastered Cryo. Slayer is coming along nicely too.

Witch is... holy crap squishy squishy right now since I have like no CCs.

Edit: Master Cryo. Outfit isn't bad. The symbol is holy shit awful... but the extra slots mean I can slap on 5% damage reduction and 3% health shield on impulse.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I joined up, I'm Grulgore Fect

After archer I might make a run up over to beserker and then go up to knight.

My enjoyment of the game went up ten fold when I realized that you could change the difficulty of the instances and I didn't have to do the impossible version of the story instance it tried to feed me at first.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Them announcing all those changes kind of made me shelf this till the patch on Tuesday.

I like getting my grind on, but if I can get more rewards for the same work but faster? Yeah, I'll do that.

Still logging in to do the panth building mission stuff though. Will be on and grinding hard once the patch is up. Oh yes. I'll also have two weeks of spark cap to work through so that's nice.

steam_sig.png
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Evil, evil game.

Letting me try out other classes but not being able to actually change to those classes for a long while away, still.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Still an stalled trying to catch a friend up so we can play together. This game needs to get its shit together for letting people play with each other.

edit: Just found/read the patch notes. oh thank fucking god. I haven't been able to do jack shit for like 2 weeks. :D

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Still an stalled trying to catch a friend up so we can play together. This game needs to get its shit together for letting people play with each other.

edit: Just found/read the patch notes. oh thank fucking god. I haven't been able to do jack shit for like 2 weeks. :D

That only works with the group finder though, so not great for duoing with a friend. Me and my buddy have kept the same pace so its not a big issue for me but still seems like something that could be done better.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

That only works with the group finder though, so not great for duoing with a friend. Me and my buddy have kept the same pace so its not a big issue for me but still seems like something that could be done better.

We can deal with a single pubbie, thats no big deal.

steam_sig.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Patch is up! Hopefully they fixed a lot of the problems and we can get a bigger presence again :D

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Not much noticeable changes when I did one solo run with my cryo, but at least the rewards seem to be better for most of the instances. Since I've never been close to hitting the caps that's pretty nice for me.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    My power supply died and I haven't replaced it. If you need the spot in the near term you can boot me, but I plan to be back.

What is this I don't even.
    Increased rewards does sweeten the pot some.

I was starting to feel the drag a little bit in how many sparks a single node was costing vs how much I was gaining by running instances.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I like the fact that we can now send our Adepts out on missions without being logged in to the game proper. That means I'll be gaining prestige when I'm not even online. The interface is a little clunky, but it appears to work and that's HUGE!!!

Oh, the site is https://na.portal.sf.my.com/cult/missions/

Apparently, I'm a Cult leader too.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    god, advice for anybody else, if you are getting into the game and are lazy and decided to register for my.com with your facebook account instead of a real account

don't do it

it's a fucking hassle compared to most sites

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    So guys. Don't forget to just keep cranking the construction missions now... the update means it just goes into a resource pool so even if nothing's being built...

• KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Anyone else lose the ability to talk in the Pantheon with the patch?

This issssssss a bit ridiculous

Apparently the loss of Pantheon chat is not an uncommon one. Yes, it's tragic. Almost unforgivably so. I expect a (much smaller) patch in a few days to fix the (ahem) "issues" that this HUGE patch introduced.

PS: MMO testing... it just isn't done any more.

26904.png
    Or it is, but this was a fairly massive patch that was kind of a Frankenstein of several Russian patches.

That being said: Those PvP special events seem worth doing. Got 250 evos for the 3v3 and 900ish for the 10v10 event. Not counting the bag rewards.

steam_sig.png
  • ky13ky13 Registered User regular
    That was fun, I just had a cut scene where both the English and Russian voices played at the same time!

Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
    I got in last night and spent some time and finally got through some more nodes on the grid. Archer's so close I can pretty much taste it.

Finally got into a 10v10. I couldn't tell wtf was going on. I wasn't even sure which team I was on until the end. At least I wasn't last place?

408wBFb.png

• MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    If there's room in guild thingy, I'd like an invite, Mag Galene. (or just people to add to friends list:))

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
    Send a whisper to any clan leader and they can get you in the guild. You need to be online at the same time to do it unfortunately.

The 10v10 arena has three different game types. There is a Capture the Flag mode, a Attack/Defend push cart mode ("Cart will not push itself!"), and a third mode that I'm not sure what it is yet (because I only played two games). You can tell which is which by the name (assuming you know which name is attached to which game-mode) or by the scoring graphic in the center-top of the screen.

You can quickly tell which team you are on by pressing F10 when the arena loads. That will bring up the scoreboard. You can also do this at any time during the game (if you forget).

26904.png
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Wait, 171 minutes? You were in that for nearly 3 hours?

SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Wait, 171 minutes? You were in that for nearly 3 hours?

I was definitely not in there for 3 hours. I don't remember how far along it was when I got in though.

That 10v10 was the point capture map. (The others are CTF and Payload)

It's like 20 min timer or 2500 mercy.

Grabbed Kinetic and some useful symbols from the great atlas and now I have no idea which way to go there. I guess I could aim for some distant class or something. Anybody know what pink nodes are on the atlas? Was checking out a path to a third +10% strength bonus node and it seems to pass through those.

Mirkel wrote: »
    Grabbed Kinetic and some useful symbols from the great atlas and now I have no idea which way to go there. I guess I could aim for some distant class or something. Anybody know what pink nodes are on the atlas? Was checking out a path to a third +10% strength bonus node and it seems to pass through those.

Other classes or talents basically.

Pink nodes need rewards from after 30k prestige to unlock.

The 10v10 pvp can be pretty fun. The combat definitely lends itself to interesting fights.

The 3v3 or free for all is awful. Knights/paladins for miles and its just this fucking slog till time runs out.

steam_sig.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    You can kick me from the guild (Canute Tyrson). I think I've gotten all I'm going to from this game.

Well, it looks like they finally "fixed" the web portal, and added individual player stats to the bottom of the page. Check it out at https://na.portal.sf.my.com/user/avatar/

26904.png
  • CF1CF1 Registered User regular
    NA Server down, eta one more hour or so according to their twitter.

So after doing pvp several times for order items: I actually really like the payload map. Capture the flag is the worst thing in the world. The point capture game would be 10x better if it stopped at 1500 or something.

The free for all stuff is okay.

3v3 is just ass.

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2015
    For those that enjoy ProgressionQuest... the pantheon "stats" page is now online and active. check it out at http://sfstat.info/na/pantheon/249538561970276797/
    I find it interesting that the top 3 players (by prestige) in the Pantheon and WAY ahead of everyone else. #3 is nearly double #4. And the top-i-est player is nearly double the #2 player.

Also, some brilliant person on reddit developed a Pantheon activity tracker. I've set it up for Woe Bundy and it is on my Google Drive at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DjUi3dWw3_Q3Mf4h9iVaBdQO48k-7GXbyc3HFqjLlBo/edit?usp=sharing
    If it comes up blank, press the RELOAD DATA button in column N and it should get better.

EDIT: The spreadsheet tool is "dead" for the time being. It weas sending thousands of requests to the sfstat.info site and they have requested that it not be used. I have removed my copy. Sorry!

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    Huh, I'm not on that stats page for some reason. I'd be 4th at 11171 prestige.

Also, should we be building stuff in the Pantheon? Can I call a vote for that somehow?

We have been building things. Currently we built a Power Plant and are waiting on votes for it.

• Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm in guild database limbo or something? I didn't see any votes or construction projects going on when I was on last night. Come to think of it, I haven't seen the chat either.