As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VROOOM PSH VRROOOOOM [Car thread]

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Having to drop $40k+ for a minivan has to be the most depressing thing ever for an enthusiast.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Having to drop $40k+ for a minivan has to be the most depressing thing ever for an enthusiast.

I wouldn't drop that kind of cash on an Odyssey. If I had that money to drop on a vehicle and needed to move 6+ people, I'd drop it on a Ford Flex with the 3.5L Ecoboost and AWD. That seems like the enthusiasts choice as far as people movers go. Stock they run to 60mph in 5.7s and the whole range of Ecoboost mods are at your disposal. There is at least one 600hp Flex out there right now, and plenty in the mid to high 400s range.

It might not be a track monster, but it'd be a great choice for loading the kids up and running them down the drag strip.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    MY buddy has a Ford Flex. I can attest that they are comfortable as fuck and easy to drive. Not my thing really; but they seem like a good choice.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Can you import a Nissan Elgrand? Those things are fucking sweet!

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Those do look sweet! Too new though, at least if he is in the US.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular

An M635i was my short list for one brief period when I could nearly afford one. Really should have stretched for it. That or the 911.

• Options
    pimento wrote: »

An M635i was my short list for one brief period when I could nearly afford one. Really should have stretched for it. That or the 911.

$33k! Who really needs a house deposit, anyway?

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »

$33k! Who really needs a house deposit, anyway?

Turns out, when I was looking, I didn't!

Now.. not so much. Also I have my toy for now.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I just bought a 2015 Nissan Rogue

This thing is ridiculous

It texts people

• Options
    Knob wrote: »
    I just bought a 2015 Nissan Rogue

This thing is ridiculous

It texts people

Saves you from doing it, and mowing down the odd pedestrian here and there!

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    I actually really like that feature on my wife's Cruze. It even reads the texts to me. I never have to take my phone out of my pocket unless I'm sticking it to the dashboard for navigation.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Ford is having a 0% for 72 month financing deal until Sept. 8th. With a $1k cash back bonus. I might have a new car sooner than I was anticipating.

• Options
    Get a new Mustang GT350!

• Options
    Lol, it specifically excludes the Focus RS, and the GT 350.

• Options
    ZeroczZerocz Space Cowboy In SpaceRegistered User regular
    Bastards.

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Ford is having a 0% for 72 month financing deal until Sept. 8th. With a $1k cash back bonus. I might have a new car sooner than I was anticipating.

Well now that is interesting. Huh. Huh.

z1kxdKU.jpg

Hmm.

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    mRahmani wrote: »
    Mustang GT track pack?

That is what I'm looking at.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    ive been away from sim racing for a long time mostly due to not having a proper desk to put a wheel on

i've just fixed this problem

http://www.volairsim.com

arrives next week

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    For the first time in my life, I'm shopping for a new car. I've already been pre-approved for a respectably-sized loan, I already have a buyer lined up for my current car (even if it's just Carmax), and I've got my eye on a 2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium.
    With all that said, I am terrified by how much money is about to change hands with my name on it.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Seeing as how you don't have collateral, I'm going to have to break your legs in advance.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    ive been away from sim racing for a long time mostly due to not having a proper desk to put a wheel on

i've just fixed this problem

http://www.volairsim.com

arrives next week

Holy fuck. That is amazing!

• Options
    2yfh77amm4mw.jpg

Yes please! Now to wait for people to start unloading them in a couple years.

MZDA.jpg 112.8K
  • Options
    I need to see Ceramic Metallic in person, because it's hard for me to not buy a Mazda in their Soul Red Metallic paint. It's such a good color.

I also love that the 9-speaker stereo included with the Club trim has headrest integrated speakers. I loved that feature on my Fiero, meant I could have the windows down and the sunroof open and still listen to tunes without the volume being crazy high to compensate for wind noise.

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »
    I need to see Ceramic Metallic in person, because it's hard for me to not buy a Mazda in their Soul Red Metallic paint. It's such a good color.

I also love that the 9-speaker stereo included with the Club trim has headrest integrated speakers. I loved that feature on my Fiero, meant I could have the windows down and the sunroof open and still listen to tunes without the volume being crazy high to compensate for wind noise.

I think its funny that all the performance upgrades are also bundled with the bitching stereo, and not an upgrade package on their own. As cool as the feature sounds I would gladly ditch the infotainment and speaker system to save a bit of cash.

The next package up seems like it just has too many driver aids and gadgets. I feel a Miata experience should be as close to a pure driving experience as possible, and I don't want lane departure warnings, or automatic windshield wipers or any of that jazz.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Anybody interested in a 1948 Chevy with no rust and all the original parts FOR MORE THAN 1500 BUCKS BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE ARE LOWBALLING BASTARDS WHO'VE BEEN JERKING ME AROUND FOR TWO WEEKS

huff puff wheeze

Seriously though, these cars in this condition are worth 7800 on average, and I was willing to let it go for five g's and I just...

Goddamn. I need to sell this whip or I'm lookin at starting the school year homeless. And that's homeless in Spokane, Washington. And that ain't good.

• Options
    I went and bought a thing
    g8eE4b3.jpg
    Darn the bad luck, I just had to go with the 2016 instead of the 2015....

• Options
    Anybody interested in a 1948 Chevy with no rust and all the original parts FOR MORE THAN 1500 BUCKS BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE ARE LOWBALLING BASTARDS WHO'VE BEEN JERKING ME AROUND FOR TWO WEEKS

huff puff wheeze

Seriously though, these cars in this condition are worth 7800 on average, and I was willing to let it go for five g's and I just...

Goddamn. I need to sell this whip or I'm lookin at starting the school year homeless. And that's homeless in Spokane, Washington. And that ain't good.

Look up classic Chevy car clubs and let the folks there know you have a late 40's sedan in original condition looking for a new home.

• Options
    Saw an Aventador and an Alfa Romeo 4C today. The 4C and I revved our Italian-built engines at each other. It was a good day.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    I went and bought a thing
    g8eE4b3.jpg
    Darn the bad luck, I just had to go with the 2016 instead of the 2015....

Nice, I have the offwhite version.

CVT or 6MT?

• Options
    CVT. I just got rid of a manual - the clutch went out and the car wasn't even worth the cost of the repair.

• Options
    Really sad news today: Lenny Robinson, famous for driving his black Lamborghini Gallardo to children's hospitals in full Batman costume and handing out Batman memorabilia, has died in a car crash. From the article:
    Robinson died coming back from a car show in West Virginia, the Washington Post reports. His Batmobile broke down with engine trouble, and when he got out to inspect the car, it was struck by a Toyota Camry, and then his own car hit him, the newspaper reports.

• Options
    So, Monday is the day. The car is being shipped up from Miami to the dealership closest to me and my appointment to inspect and dive it is at 10 am. I went with guard as the color, with a manual and track pack. Just a deluxe, I don't really need anything the premium has. Getting psyched. Now, if they can resist the temptation to jerk me around on financing, I should be out of there by noon. My credit should be plenty to get the 0% interest deal Ford is offering atm, so, we'll see. My out is a dentist appointment, so if they can't get it done, I'm out.

• Options
    Now here is some comedy. G35 sedan at a light next to a 458 Italia. And the G wants to go so bad. Light goes green and the G takes off while the 458 just trundles along. Guy's lucky the two normal cops weren't hanging out in their normal place.

• Options
    Now here is some comedy. G35 sedan at a light next to a 458 Italia. And the G wants to go so bad. Light goes green and the G takes off while the 458 just trundles along. Guy's lucky the two normal cops weren't hanging out in their normal place.

I had this happen to me the other day. I was sitting at a red light and a dude in a Civic Del Sol rolls up and starts acting like he wants to go. The light turns green and he takes off, I just drive off like normal. People see my bright paint job and automatically assume that my car is fast and that I want to race them.

I've also been on the other side though. I got an F430 to "race" me from a stoplight in my old Suburban. The dude in the Ferrari thought it was hilarious that I was revving my worn out, old, exhaust leaking SBC at him in this rusted old truck. He gave me a good rev and a squeal of the tires, which is really all that I wanted.

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Let's be honest though, when I was younger I would have drag raced anything. A Ferrari. A Civic. One of those electric wheelchair things. A scarecrow with some wheels pinned to it's sides.

I'm marginally more intelligent now, in the sense that I leave that crap on the track. But only marginally.

Edit: is worth mentioning here that my first car was a Ford Ranger. There's a very good chance I would have lost a drag race to a mobility scooter.

Still would've raced it.

mRahmani on
  • Options

The G35 has the same motor as the 350Z in it. Now, he might have had a twin turbo setup on it and be putting over 700 horsepower through the flywheel...

This discussion has been closed.