As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm] Eternal Conflict: Kharazim and Infernal Shrines on PTR

19495969798100»

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Imposing presence change is a big buff to Hammer.

Is it though? The new rules for Imp Pres per the patch notes are -• The Attack Speed slow will now be removed when attacking a target that has not learned the Imposing Presence Talent... does this mean that her splash damage won't trigger it because the isn't actively targeting someone with ImpPres or does damaging someone with Imp Pres at all trigger the slow?.... that was always the problem afaik. Her splash damage would hit the tank with ImpPres and it'd bork her damage.

This requires testing I think.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Supagoat wrote: »
    Not to belabor the point, but regarding Zeratul being OP, here's one of the times Nova took me out. I was at almost full health, engaged from behind the rest of our guys, and Nova erased me. Yeah she used her ult to do it, but you could also argue that with a 60 second death timer and cooldown that she can effectively just camp our base and kill me every time I come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apsDex9Adcg

Zeratul can't do this (well, maybe he can if you don't take void prison, but even then he'd have to sit there AAing me exposed to danger while Nova fires and escapes).

Just a minor thing and you may have been thinking about something else entirely at the time, but part of the reason you got picked off the second time (around 1:18?) was positioning. You put yourself on the wrong side of help (allies + towers) and then ran further away from safety right before you got picked off. To your point, this is exactly what Nova/Zeratul are designed to punish.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    with either zera or nova you have to be careful about your pathing, positioning, and splitting from the group when playing squishy characters. you can also tailor you talents a bit for more defense and ask your team to try to be aware of jumping on them when they are out of stealth.
    I think Zera could have also easily eliminated you in those situations and had a better escape to boot.

There was no pathing/positioning/splitting involved in this example, however. Nova went Q/W/R/AA on me and I died. The W ensured that I couldn't avoid the orbital strike. Since Nova can position herself anywhere when she's cloaked, she basically has a Jaina instakill button. Zeratul can't do as much damage instantaneously (once she presses R she can run). He'd have to to have blinked in next to me where someone in my team potentially could have noticed him and shut him down before he was able to secure the kill.

Anyway, I'm arguing FOR this type of play, not against it. I just wanted to show an example where Nova was every bit as lethal as Zeratul, and to say that this is what the stealth characters do. I don't see a way to nerf them without making them useless.

Now I'll shut up about it. :-)

I don't mind discussing it. Nova does some things well but she is not nearly as well rounded as Zeratul. I see your point but I still think Zeratul could be tweaked/nerfed and Nova does not need a nerf because her character has many more downsides.

Also you were standing still, away from other members of group, with your back to open space. Juicy. :)

Khraul wrote: »
    I'm ok with the Karl/Jaina nerfs regardless of how big or small they are.... it'd be nice to see some variety in HL other than the mandatory mage picks/counterpicks.

This is why they need bans.

Grundlestiltskin Well poo... I was hoping the console version could net me the mount... my stepson has been asking about getting D3 for the PS4 and that means he and I could get wife-sanctioned video game time. (VS Hots, which he doesn't play, and I can't play as much of if the family is around, for fear of wife aggro). Maybe I'll get him a PC copy of his own...

you could try tweeting at the devs or checking their twitter to see if someone has already asked

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular

Is it though? The new rules for Imp Pres per the patch notes are -• The Attack Speed slow will now be removed when attacking a target that has not learned the Imposing Presence Talent... does this mean that her splash damage won't trigger it because the isn't actively targeting someone with ImpPres or does damaging someone with Imp Pres at all trigger the slow?.... that was always the problem afaik. Her splash damage would hit the tank with ImpPres and it'd bork her damage.

Imposing presence is auto attack only. It has no bearing on ability usage.

All Hammer (or any other auto-attacker) has to do to drop the Imposing Presence debuff is attack someone else.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Not to belabor the point, but regarding Zeratul being OP, here's one of the times Nova took me out. I was at almost full health, engaged from behind the rest of our guys, and Nova erased me. Yeah she used her ult to do it, but you could also argue that with a 60 second death timer and cooldown that she can effectively just camp our base and kill me every time I come out.

Zeratul can't do this (well, maybe he can if you don't take void prison, but even then he'd have to sit there AAing me exposed to danger while Nova fires and escapes).

with either zera or nova you have to be careful about your pathing, positioning, and splitting from the group when playing squishy characters. you can also tailor you talents a bit for more defense and ask your team to try to be aware of jumping on them when they are out of stealth.

I think Zera could have also easily eliminated you in those situations and had a better escape to boot.

nice hook dodge btw :P
    Also, from level 13 on, Ice Block would be a pretty good counter to that. Unfortunately if you've already picked a different level 13 talent by the time you realize Nova has it out for you, you're kinda screwed.

forty wrote: »

nice hook dodge btw :P
    Also, from level 13 on, Ice Block would be a pretty good counter to that. Unfortunately if you've already picked a different level 13 talent by the time you realize Nova has it out for you, you're kinda screwed.

I would probably take it just based on the fact she's in the game, regardless if she'd been targeting me yet or not.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    @Lucascraft But if you're sieged up and AA'ing a target next to a tank with Imposing Presence, will the splash damage from your AA's trigger the slow? (edit - in a post-patch context)

@So It Goes I jumped onto the HOTS twitter to tweet at them and I found a video of Browder talking about the upcoming Medivac unit... The current build allows for your whole team to jump in and be transported "a long way" across the map... he said it's not top to bottom lane in sky temple distance, but it's a long ways.

Holy shitballs gank-city... quick everyone, jump in and lets ALL MAP HOP HALF WAY ACROSS THE MAP TO GANK SOMEONE!.... it's The Hunt on meth, cocaine and lsd.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Imposing presence is auto attack only. It has no bearing on ability usage.

All Hammer (or any other auto-attacker) has to do to drop the Imposing Presence debuff is attack someone else.

The issue is that imposing presence activates on hammer if the splash hits someone when she's in siege mode. So the changes they made don't have much of an effect on her.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Tried BW a few games. I think that buff is going to make her pretty damn valid again. With a few of the talents for it that passive heal is still decent. When it heals for noticably more its going to be great. That along with the price reduction I think I might buy her now. I was THIS close to buying her right before the nerfs hit the first PTR, and then I kind of felt like I dodged a bullet. But if shes ok again and cheaper, there is the final support I want.

• SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    Yeah the second time I did something that I need to improve on which is to keep myself on my screen more. Too often while travelling I look around to get map awareness and then I get ganked. I need to make my peeks really quick and then get back to myself. I should have engaged the terror from within the wall, or at least run inside the moment after I attacked.

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Speaking of Diablo 3, I finally got to play the Battlefield of Eternity map for the first time. I still have no idea what's going on on that map, but it was enlightening/terrifying to learn that I have like a pavlovian response to the sound it makes when legendary items drop.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Man. Even when they give Kerrigan some much needed talent options and buffs, she still catches nerfs to other things.

• WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited August 2015

There was no pathing/positioning/splitting involved in this example, however. Nova went Q/W/R/AA on me and I died. The W ensured that I couldn't avoid the orbital strike. Since Nova can position herself anywhere when she's cloaked, she basically has a Jaina instakill button. Zeratul can't do as much damage instantaneously (once she presses R she can run). He'd have to to have blinked in next to me where someone in my team potentially could have noticed him and shut him down before he was able to secure the kill.

Anyway, I'm arguing FOR this type of play, not against it. I just wanted to show an example where Nova was every bit as lethal as Zeratul, and to say that this is what the stealth characters do. I don't see a way to nerf them without making them useless.

Now I'll shut up about it. :-)

Your forgetting an important tool when a stealther jumps you, Ice block. When that nova pops on you, you slam that 1 button and let your team get her off you, or prepare to try and combo her when it drops.

Edit: Beat'd but just a note, any stealther on the other team is an auto iceblock IMO.

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
This discussion has been closed.