As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Pals WhatsApp group. Come and see WhatsApPINning!

fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin ManNewcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited March 2016 in Pinny Arcade
We have a Pinny Pals group on WhatsApp.

HOW DO I JOIN?
  1. Install the app on your phone and set up your profile.
  2. Work out what your mobile number is with its international dialling code. As an example a user in Australia would take their number (0** *** ****), and delete the 0 (or whatever the first number is) and replace it with "+61". Users in the US would replace it with "+1". I don't know if there are any other countries, but if there are you could probably find your dialling code here.
  3. Then PM any of the following group admins your number:
    @Ayefkay
    @fishfishmonkeyhat
    @NowHiringHenchmen
    @Duckie
    @Frostbyte
    @Manic2k
    @00Fayt00

Wow they'll let anyone admin this thing.

INSTEAD OF FINGERS I HAVE SAUSAGES AND HATE TYPING ON MY PHONE CAN WE CHAT VIA PC MACHINE?!

Yes, as it turns out! You can run this on a PC via a web interface.

You still need to have the phone app, but it makes typing and sending links a lot easier. Available for all phones except iPhone, but you can even get that to work if you're jailbroken with "WhatsApp Web Enabler".

HOW DO DISPLAY NAMES WORK?

If you don't set a username in WhatsApp it will show everyone your number by default. If you want to set how someone's name shows to you, you have to add them to your phones contacts and set the preferred username there.

WHY CAN'T I CLICK ON LINKS PEOPLE SEND?

You can only click on links from people you've added to your phones contacts. It's a feature not a bug.

So come and join us just generally chatting about pins and random stuff. You can mute it if it gets too off topic if you like (Amiibo Chat 2015).

fishfishmonkeyhat on