As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sony: don't play old games anymore buy new ones.

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blaket wrote: »
    But I said it on the internet you should just damm well believe me at face value.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2007/10/assassins_creed_dvd_issues_fix.html

It may of been just a shut up dammit but they didn't comment on the PS3 problems so who knows.

Are they going to be able to release a software patch for non-HD DVD compatible 360's or is it a hardware thing?

Because if this sort of thing is happening now, maybe PS3's BR player was a good decision.

Hell, there is still a good 7-8 years of this gen left, and I think games are only going to be getting bigger.

@last page's cliffhanger: Maybe so, but the fact remains the PS3 allows for that wankfest.

And even if it is 2/3rds old man jizz, it still wouldn't fit on a 360 without the jizz.

The Black Hunter on
  • BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    shryke wrote: »
    As another posted earlier, and I fully agree with, I think all of the current consoles should of just came out with 1 damn version. If you can't afford it, then to bad, go get a job, get a 2nd job, or work some OT, open a credit card, or ask your mommy for some cash, stop being a mf lazy ass. I work for a living, I pay bills and rent, I can BUDGET, if there’s something I want, and it’s expensive... BUDGET.

Oh wow. You ... You understand nothing about how the real world works do you? Lemme explain a simple economics concept to you. It's a luxury item. People don't buy it because they couldn't save the money up for it. They don't buy it because they just don't think it's worth that much. Period. To them, $600 is too much to pay for a PS3.

PS - You a moron.

I'm not going to start pointing fingers and name calling, when I said stop being a lazy ass, thats wasn't directed to anyone specific. BTW the PS3 is not $600 anymore.

EB Worlds PS3 section... they still selling 20G's for $379.99

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    God forbid BR gets a game that needs 2 disks.

Yes, god forbid, because we know now that the game would sell no copies.
    Because it would ruin the immersion, right? I thought PS3 players were above disc swapping?

Sanders on
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    shryke wrote: »
    As another posted earlier, and I fully agree with, I think all of the current consoles should of just came out with 1 damn version. If you can't afford it, then to bad, go get a job, get a 2nd job, or work some OT, open a credit card, or ask your mommy for some cash, stop being a mf lazy ass. I work for a living, I pay bills and rent, I can BUDGET, if there’s something I want, and it’s expensive... BUDGET.

Oh wow. You ... You understand nothing about how the real world works do you? Lemme explain a simple economics concept to you. It's a luxury item. People don't buy it because they couldn't save the money up for it. They don't buy it because they just don't think it's worth that much. Period. To them, $600 is too much to pay for a PS3.

PS - You a moron.

I'm not going to start pointing fingers and name calling, when I said stop being a lazy ass, thats wasn't directed to anyone specific. BTW the PS3 is not $600 anymore.

EB Worlds PS3 section... they still selling 20G's for $379.99

And when those run out, they'll make MORE 20gig PS3s....with the power of imagination!

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    But I said it on the internet you should just damm well believe me at face value.

It may of been just a shut up dammit but they didn't comment on the PS3 problems so who knows.

Are they going to be able to release a software patch for non-HD DVD compatible 360's or is it a hardware thing?

Because if this sort of thing is happening now, maybe PS3's BR player was a good decision.

Hell, there is still a good 7-8 years of this gen left, and I think games are only going to be getting bigger.

@last page's cliffhanger: Maybe so, but the fact remains the PS3 allows for that wankfest.

And even if it is 2/3rds old man jizz, it still wouldn't fit on a 360 without the jizz.

Firstly what the fuck are you talking about? There was an issue regarding fitting the languages onto the DVD, this is now fixed.

Secondly the only person that thinks the current generation is going to last for so long is Sony. And they think that because if they are forced into R&D too soon they will be boned.

Thirdly get off the fucking couch. If you seriously have a 10 hour play session you probably need the excersise fatty.

Blake T on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If BC is truly a must, buy a 20gb PS3 and then just buy a PS2 at a second hand store or from a friend. It won't be overly expensive. Like, $40 off a friend.

The Black Hunter on
  • Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    FCD wrote: »

Or just make a version of MGS that isn't super huge.

Wow, people complain when games are too short (HS) and when they're too long. So what's the magic length?

I don't know, ask Baker. He's the one worried about media epeen, not me.

I thought I put a little " ;) " in there so you'd know I was jokeing. :( Oh well.

Thanks for the link. I'm waiting to see how this wasn't a problem anymore. Someone already posted a comment with my exact same thoughts. Sounds a lot like the PGR4 disk issues that quickly became "not disk issues."

Dark Shroud on
    edited October 2007
    Monaro wrote: »
    Death of Rats: I've been arguing that for nigh on 24 pages now, and still some struggle with the concept. It's the most simple combination of fact, logic, and market forces, that any high school kid could grasp.

I give up. Maybe I'll revisit this thread 3 years from now, when some PA'ers are still yelling "But... but BLU RAY!!!" and wondering why the PS3 finished third. I have better things to do than explain that water is wet.

Ah there’s the bias, I knew it was there. What makes you think it’s going to finish third? You ever heard of the tortes and the hair? I'll be here in 3 years... not that I care what position the PS3 ends up, there’s gonna be some bad ass games to come. (on all systems 8-) )

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

What the hell are you talking about here? The HD DVD drive for the 360 can only be used for playing HD DVDs. Not games.

Oh god. You think there's 7-8 years left of this generation? With the way things are going the next gen is going to show up in 4-5 years, at most.

And now for why the 360 isn't going to have space problems.

The PS3 isn't going to be successful. It's not. There's been well over 18 months of Sony making horrible decisions and comments and basically insulting it's potential customer's intelligence. Nothing is going to put it in 2nd place. Yeah, not even 2nd.

And because of that the 360 is going to have no trouble with space. There will be a few multi DVD games, but the majority of games will be able to ship on one disk. And you know why? Because when developers set out to make a game they know how much space is available. They design for the platform they're designing on.

And that's going to be the 360 or Wii. Not the PS3. Because with the PS3 not being in 2nd or 1st place, developers won't design multiplatform games PS3 first. They'll design them 360 first and then port them over.

So no, 360 owners haven't "realized" that they're screwed and blahblahblah, because it's simply not true. If PS3 owners would get their heads out of Sony's ass and look at what's happing in the gaming industry they'd realize that all their fancy extra space is only going to be used on the very few exclusive games the PS3 has left.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
    edited October 2007

Firstly what the fuck are you talking about? There was an issue regarding fitting the languages onto the DVD, this is now fixed.

Secondly the only person that thinks the current generation is going to last for so long is Sony. And they think that because if they are forced into R&D too soon they will be boned.

Thirdly get off the fucking couch. If you seriously have a 10 hour play session you probably need the excersise fatty.

I'm hardly a fatty, and I don't pull 10 hour sessions. I don;t knbow where you got that from.

@Sanders: For the most part it is. But should one come along, then to put it on your oh-so-holy-and-perfect 360, you'd be looking at no extra features, one language (which to us isn't so bad, but it could piss off some other) and plenty of missing maps (assuming that how this game rolls) and far less variety.

EDIT@Death of Rats:
    There might be fewer games on the PS3, fewer exclusives, and fewer devs, but you seem to think it will go down to a rate of 2 games per year, which is silly. The PS3 isn't a total and complete flop. People are buying them, already people are having horrible trouble trying to beat games before new ones come out.

Also, developers may adhere to the Xbox's restrictions, but the ability to do whatever the fuck they want with a bit of perseverance will likely attract quite a few devs to the PS3.

The Black Hunter on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If BC is truly a must, buy a 20gb PS3 and then just buy a PS2 at a second hand store or from a friend. It won't be overly expensive. Like, $40 off a friend.

Can I have your TV?

It sounds like a land of harmony where there is an infinite number of output ports.

Plus fuck wires I loved my wavebird and I felt tethered to my xbox, I aint going back.

And it's just more shit to store.

Blake T on
  • Evan WatersEvan Waters Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

The problem with that is that at some point Sony is probably going to have to phase out production of PS2's altogether (not anytime soon from the look of it, mind you), and eventually the ones in existence will give up the ghost. Old consoles die- that's why BC is a good thing.

Evan Waters on
    edited October 2007
    Huh? Why the comment about the PS2? You do know the 20gig has full hardware BC right?...

Dark Shroud on
    edited October 2007

What the hell are you talking about here? The HD DVD drive for the 360 can only be used for playing HD DVDs. Not games.

Oh god. You think there's 7-8 years left of this generation? With the way things are going the next gen is going to show up in 4-5 years, at most.

And now for why the 360 isn't going to have space problems.

The PS3 isn't going to be successful. It's not. There's been well over 18 months of Sony making horrible decisions and comments and basically insulting it's potential customer's intelligence. Nothing is going to put it in 2nd place. Yeah, not even 2nd.

And because of that the 360 is going to have no trouble with space. There will be a few multi DVD games, but the majority of games will be able to ship on one disk. And you know why? Because when developers set out to make a game they know how much space is available. They design for the platform they're designing on.

And that's going to be the 360 or Wii. Not the PS3. Because with the PS3 not being in 2nd or 1st place, developers won't design multiplatform games PS3 first. They'll design them 360 first and then port them over.

So no, 360 owners haven't "realized" that they're screwed and blahblahblah, because it's simply not true. If PS3 owners would get their heads out of Sony's ass and look at what's happing in the gaming industry they'd realize that all their fancy extra space is only going to be used on the very few exclusive games the PS3 has left.

Why don't you wait for 2008 to come and pass before you start spewing crap like that. You have no idea what 08' holds. For all we know Wii could be short lived and by 09' people be like WiiWhat? X360 production plant could get the ring of death and PS3 finally do enough folding@home to win a nobel. *all joking aside*

Really though, I'd wait for after 2008, then I think it would be a better time to go back to spewing out crap :)

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2007
    Huh? Why the comment about the PS2? You do know the 20gig has full hardware BC right?...

I thought it and the 40gb, as it was smaller.

Even moreso then, you don't need to shell out the $40.

If memory becomes a problem there is still a couple of USB ports to whack an extra few gigs in, and I'm sure that will be an option soon.

The Black Hunter on
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Secondly the reason because of the ridiculous size of MGS (which has been mentioned earlier) is the ridiculous amount of audio which is going into it. Kojima is basically having a wank fest and two thirds of the BRD is going to be filled up with his jizz.

I really hope he remembers to put a game in there somewhere.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    edited October 2007

The problem with that is that at some point Sony is probably going to have to phase out production of PS2's altogether (not anytime soon from the look of it, mind you), and eventually the ones in existence will give up the ghost. Old consoles die- that's why BC is a good thing.

So wtf you gonna do with all your NES, DC games when your console dies? What console out now has BC with that? More PS2's have been produced than NES, DC, Jaguar.... I can still find all these old ass consoles for sale, people practically giving them away on craigs... I'm not saying I don't think BC isn't a good thing, but I think you’re worrying to much.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Really though, I'd wait for after 2008, then I think it would be a better time to go back to spewing out crap :)

Is that why you've got your tongue firmly planted up Sony's ass now?

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
    edited October 2007

If memory becomes a problem there is still a couple of USB ports to whack an extra few gigs in, and I'm sure that will be an option soon.

Nobody that buys a PS3 wants to buy a PS2 as well. Stop hanging out with Sony executives.

When they first annouced the 40gig cheaper version, my interest was piqued. When they annouced that they were removing BC from it I yawned and said no thanks.

When they then annouced in Australia that they are discontinuing the 60gig playstation 3 I just went right, now I'm never going to buy one. BC is a huge thing, it makes life easier there are limited ports on tv I don't want to fuck around with the back of my tv with wires or pay more money for a switcher box.

(Also I can't currently source the no more 60g PS3 as the site that I got the link from often has boobs on the front page and I'm at work)

Blake T on
  • MonaroMonaro Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Death of Rats: I've been arguing that for nigh on 24 pages now, and still some struggle with the concept. It's the most simple combination of fact, logic, and market forces, that any high school kid could grasp.

I give up. Maybe I'll revisit this thread 3 years from now, when some PA'ers are still yelling "But... but BLU RAY!!!" and wondering why the PS3 finished third. I have better things to do than explain that water is wet.

Ah there’s the bias, I knew it was there. What makes you think it’s going to finish third? You ever heard of the tortes and the hair? I'll be here in 3 years... not that I care what position the PS3 ends up, there’s gonna be some bad ass games to come. (on all systems 8-) )

Bias? Yours is the bias that shows because the PS3 (as I understand it) is your only system, so with overwhelming logic you still can't accept it will remain in third place. You have no objectivity at all.

If you weren't as thick as a farking post you'd have read (which is another thing you struggle with) that I own both 360 and PlayStation 3 on many occasions, therefore have more objectivity than you could muster on a good day. That, and the fact you have nearly zero knowledge of the history of the videogame market even as recent as the N64, and you "walked by" an Xbox at launch. And you're in the workforce? I hope it's not in position of selling or financial responsibility because your understanding of market forces is at best elementary school level. In a cruel twist of irony, you'd fit in well with Sony's level of incompetent managers.

[edit] It is worth the infraction just to say you're a fucking idiot. A clueless fucking idiot.

Monaro on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2007

Nobody that buys a PS3 wants to buy a PS2 as well. Stop hanging out with Sony executives.

When they first annouced the 40gig cheaper version, my interest was piqued. When they annouced that they were removing BC from it I yawned and said no thanks.

When they then annouced in Australia that they are discontinuing the 60gig playstation 3 I just went right, now I'm never going to buy one. BC is a huge thing, it makes life easier there are limited ports on tv I don't want to fuck around with the back of my tv with wires or pay more money for a switcher box.

(Also I can't currently source the no more 60g PS3 as the site that I got the link from often has boobs on the front page and I'm at work)

You have three wires to swap when changing console. just use the front ports. and if you unplugged your console, that's 4 things to do. And I highyl doubt you'll be swapping concoles twice a day.

I have used BC once since I bought my PS3 10 weeks ago.
    I used it for half an hour.

Could it be that the games out for PS3 are actually fun and that it doesn't run on PS2 games :O

EDIT: Monaro, you do realise you are the only person in the last page to be getting pissed off?
    And I do remember someone posting a quote from a market analyst who beleived It would be Wii and then PS3, followed by 360.

Sure, it might be utter shit, but the PS3 isn't going anywhere,, it's here to stay, just like Sony. Sony will be back next round aswell.
    You might find it hard to beleive that the PS3 is actually a quality console, and that owning the market leading console isn't a recipe for fun. Also, just because something is coming last, doesn't mean the owners will be crying themselves to sleep for the next 5 years.

The Black Hunter on
    edited October 2007
    chasm wrote: »

Oh wtf. So people can come in here and bad mouth Sony all they want and its ok. But because I don't agree with them your going to say shit like that. :|

I say wait till after 08, because PS3 hasn't even been out a year yet. There are going to be a lot of releases in 08, and some people make take back things their saying now. Some people have unrealistic requests, why should I have to agree with them.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Axen wrote: »
    Secondly the reason because of the ridiculous size of MGS (which has been mentioned earlier) is the ridiculous amount of audio which is going into it. Kojima is basically having a wank fest and two thirds of the BRD is going to be filled up with his jizz.

I really hope he remembers to put a game in there somewhere.

Honestly, even the amount of audio really is no excuse. Apparently Kojima became obsessed somewhere along the line with not compressing anything.

Metal Gear Solid games are not long games. They have quite a bit of talking, but consider this: Mass Effect has over 20,000 voiced lines of dialogue and with an estimated 70-80 hours of gameplay time and 300 locations to visit, and fits on a DVD9.

Now, why, then could Metal Gear Solid 4 not fit on a DVD9? I've seen what it looks like. It looks no better than games I've seen elsewhere. Maybe the sound quality is going to be amazing. But seriously, who fucking cares? How many people are even going to notice? Probably not many.

The only 360 games spanning multiple disks at this point are JRPGs crammed with 720p FMV movies. How many games actually do that these days? Not many. In-engine cutscenes look more than good enough for most people at this point and it's almost entirely superfluous.

To be honest, I've never felt like I was missing out on anything on the 360 because it lacked space. And to be perfectly honest, I've not seen anything on the PS3 that doesn't look or sound like it couldn't have been done elsewhere.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited October 2007
    The PS2 is (which is pointed out by so many on this board) is the most successfull console ever.

Do you think it's because some of the games are ok? Or is it because of the totally sweet loading screen?

I personally use my xbox360 BC often. I'll buy old games that I missed the chance on playing or I'll boot up Halo 2 cause it's just gosh darn fun y'know?

Blake T on
    edited October 2007

That's a rather uncalled for comment. The PS3 isn't even a year old yet, roughly 3-4 weeks. He's being reasonable. The first "must have" 360 game that I heard everyone talking about was Gears. And that was released 15 days (US) before the 360's 1st birthday.

Unless Mass Effect is released in the next 3-4 weeks that only makes Halo 3 the big must have in the 360's 2nd year as everything else is multi-plat and doesn't count. Now I know people can start listing games they enjoy, but they are not on the everyone must have list.

Dark Shroud on
    edited October 2007

That's a rather uncalled for comment. The PS3 isn't even a year old yet, roughly 3-4 weeks. He's being reasonable. The first "must have" 360 game that I heard everyone talking about was Gears. And that was released 15 days (US) before the 360's 1st birthday.

Unless Mass Effect is released in the next 3-4 weeks that only makes Halo 3 the big must have in the 360's 2nd year as everything else is multi-plat and doesn't count. Now I know people can start listing games they enjoy, but they are not on the everyone must have list.

Mass Effect is going to be released in the next 3-4 weeks...

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Why don't you wait for 2008 to come and pass before you start spewing crap like that. You have no idea what 08' holds. For all we know Wii could be short lived and by 09' people be like WiiWhat? X360 production plant could get the ring of death and PS3 finally do enough folding@home to win a nobel. *all joking aside*

I don't have to wait for 2008 to see where things are headed.

Seriously, what in 2008 is going to cause the PS3 to catch up to the Wii? Or even the 360?

MSG4? FFXIII? Neither game is going to sell as well as Halo 3. Neither of these games is going to cause the PS3 to sell out every shipment for a year. How many units a month for a year would the PS3 need to sell to catch up to either of the other systems? Even if the other systems stopped selling right now? I'm betting it'd be more than either other system is selling at the moment.

Look at the trends. Look at previous generations. The PS3 is (being kind) the Gamecube of this generation. It'll get 1-3 good third party exclusives a year. The rest will be ports from the 360 or first party games.

Or, to not be kind, the PS3 is the Saturn of this generation. in 2-3 years Sony is going to realize that with how badly they've fucked up they can't fix it this generation, and they'll end up starting the next generation early.

Yes, there will be good games on the PS3. But it's not going to cause 360 games to be multi dvd. It's not going to cause every 360 game to require an install. The PS3 is going to have it's own little niche of people playing it, but overall it's not going to be remembered as anything other than "Sony's Third generation screwup". Just like the N64. And the Saturn.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
    edited October 2007

So wtf you gonna do with all your NES, DC games when your console dies? What console out now has BC with that? More PS2's have been produced than NES, DC, Jaguar.... I can still find all these old ass consoles for sale, people practically giving them away on craigs... I'm not saying I don't think BC isn't a good thing, but I think you’re worrying to much.

I remember hearing that the patent on the NES expired, thus allowing companies to make generic NESes for legal sale. So I wager other older systems will soon have their patents expire as well, thus creating a niche market for generic Jaguars and suchlike. Just pointing that out, is all.

FCD on
    edited October 2007

Bioshock is not avaiable on any other console and deverves to be on there also.

Crackdown

Lost Planet

Forza, PR3 and 4 if you do the racing thing

Viva Pinata if you are into that.

SC:DA (as I understand it all the previous gens were different games)

There's a quick list

Plus all the multi platform things have been pretty much designed on the 360 either that or it was the better version.

Blake T on
    edited October 2007

You have three wires to swap when changing console. just use the front ports. and if you unplugged your console, that's 4 things to do. And I highyl doubt you'll be swapping concoles twice a day.

Could it be that the games out for PS3 are actually fun and that it doesn't run on PS2 games :O

Or maybe your anecdotal experience was just different from his? Just a thought.

FCD on
    edited October 2007

Bias? Yours is the bias that shows because the PS3 (as I understand it) is your only system, so with overwhelming logic you still can't accept it will remain in third place. You have no objectivity at all.

If you weren't as thick as a farking post you'd have read (which is another thing you struggle with) that I own both 360 and PlayStation 3 on many occasions, therefore have more objectivity than you could muster on a good day. That, and the fact you have nearly zero knowledge of the history of the videogame market even as recent as the N64, and you "walked by" an Xbox at launch. And you're in the workforce? I hope it's not in position of selling or financial responsibility because your understanding of market forces is at best elementary school level. In a cruel twist of irony, you'd fit in well with Sony's level of incompetent managers.

[edit] It is worth the infraction just to say you're a fucking idiot. A clueless fucking idiot.

I own an NES, SNES, Genesis, Jaguar, N64, DC, GC, PS2 and PS3 (I plan on buying a JasperX360/or this so called rumored X360 with built in HD-DVD, I also plan on picking up a Wii, but one thing at a time). I know what it takes to get games from nothing to something. I know about concept, storyboarding, character design, level design, texturing, sound editing, coding. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them an idiot.

You should take a break and relax, settle down and come back and debate, theres no need to get hostile.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2007

Or maybe your anecdotal experience was just different from his? Just a thought.
    I got BOTP'd

I'll say it again.

The PS2 is (which is pointed out by so many on this board) is the most successfull console ever.

Do you think it's because some of the games are ok? Or is it because of the totally sweet loading screen?

I personally use my xbox360 BC often. I'll buy old games that I missed the chance on playing or I'll boot up Halo 2 cause it's just gosh darn fun y'know?

Blake T on
    edited October 2007

Seriously, what in 2008 is going to cause the PS3 to catch up to the Wii? Or even the 360?

MSG4? FFXIII? Neither game is going to sell as well as Halo 3. Neither of these games is going to cause the PS3 to sell out every shipment for a year. How many units a month for a year would the PS3 need to sell to catch up to either of the other systems? Even if the other systems stopped selling right now? I'm betting it'd be more than either other system is selling at the moment.

Look at the trends. Look at previous generations. The PS3 is (being kind) the Gamecube of this generation. It'll get 1-3 good third party exclusives a year. The rest will be ports from the 360 or first party games.

Or, to not be kind, the PS3 is the Saturn of this generation. in 2-3 years Sony is going to realize that with how badly they've fucked up they can't fix it this generation, and they'll end up starting the next generation early.

Yes, there will be good games on the PS3. But it's not going to cause 360 games to be multi dvd. It's not going to cause every 360 game to require an install. The PS3 is going to have it's own little niche of people playing it, but overall it's not going to be remembered as anything other than "Sony's Third generation screwup". Just like the N64. And the Saturn.

Hardly a screwup.

It is a beautiful peice of technology that's only fault is being too advanced for its time.
    Sure, Sony might not make alot of money from it, but the people who own them, are happy with them.

Absolutely nothing you can say will make me think otherwise. Sure, it may be a niche, it might be the 3rd running console, Sony fucked up a few times, but the fact is, I don;t give a shit about Sony, I don't give a shit about sales figures. If there are only 4 games a year worth buying, I'll be happy. I don't expect to be wanting to play PS3 every day all day for the next 5 years.

Anyway, I'll be getting a new computer sometime early next year, and WHOOPS!! I'll have all the good games the Xbox has, with modability.

Did Warhawk come out on PC? Resistance? Will MGS 4? Haze might. FF I highly doubt will.

What will I miss from Xbox? Dead rising?

Give me a list of games that are completely Xbox exclusive.
    I have no qualms about owning 3 game machines.

Edit: Still bitching about BC?

20gb has it, as does the 80gb.

Also, 4 cords once a week, and $50.

The Black Hunter on
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

...dude.

The Tortes and the hair?

Also, if we can leave the land of make believe, and maybe look at.. you know, console history... a slow start isn't always the first step to a magical victory against the odds. Ask the gamecube.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2007

I remember hearing that the patent on the NES expired, thus allowing companies to make generic NESes for legal sale. So I wager other older systems will soon have their patents expire as well, thus creating a niche market for generic Jaguars and suchlike. Just pointing that out, is all.

That’s awesome especially for those that never had a chance to own one or can't find a working system, but it isn't BC on current consoles that some are complaining about. Just pointing that out ;)

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2007
    plufim wrote: »

Ah there’s the bias, I knew it was there. What makes you think it’s going to finish third? You ever heard of the tortes and the hair? :lol: ;-) I'll be here in 3 years... not that I care what position the PS3 ends up, there’s gonna be some bad ass games to come. (on all systems 8-) )

...dude.

The Tortes and the hair?

Also, if we can leave the land of make believe, and maybe look at.. you know, console history... a slow start isn't always the first step to a magical victory against the odds. Ask the gamecube.

Man I was kidding with that, let me edit it and put in a winking face.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2007

Hardly a screwup.

It is a beautiful peice of technology that's only fault is being too advanced for its time.
    Sure, Sony might not make alot of money from it, but the people who own them, are happy with them.

Absolutely nothing you can say will make me think otherwise. Sure, it may be a niche, it might be the 3rd running console, Sony fucked up a few times

That's like saying that Mt. Everest is kind of steep. :lol:

FCD on
    edited October 2007
    Pancake wrote: »

The Xbox 360 was released on November 22, Mass Effect November 20. That is extreamly low, it's just the type of move I'd expect from MS. I'll give you that I was off on my dates, somehow I inverted the 22 & 20. So now I'm going to have to back up and wait and see by a month at least on how Mass Effect does sale wise.

Dark Shroud on
    edited October 2007

Hardly a screwup.

Absolutely nothing you can say will make me think otherwise. Sure, it may be a niche, it might be the 3rd running console, Sony fucked up a few times, but the fact is, I don;t give a shit about Sony, I don't give a shit about sales figures. If there are only 4 games a year worth buying, I'll be happy. I don't expect to be wanting to play PS3 every day all day for the next 5 years.

Anyway, I'll be getting a new computer sometime early next year, and WHOOPS!! I'll have all the good games the Xbox has, with modability.

Did Warhawk come out on PC? Resistance? Will MGS 4? Haze might. FF I highly doubt will.

What will I miss from Xbox? Dead rising?

Give me a list of games that are completely Xbox exclusive.
    I have no qualms about owning 3 game machines.

Edit: Still bitching about BC?

20gb has it, as does the 80gb.

Also, 4 cords once a week, and $50.

So you have no qualms on spending $1500-$2000 on a new computer, but yet the cost of an xbox seems out of reach.

And as I have said before. 20gb is discontinued, 80gb is not available in Australia, the 60gb has been annouced to be discontinued in Australia. There is no PS3 which is near a reasonable price yet and when one does finally reach a reasonable price it wont have BC.

Blake T on
    edited October 2007
    Pancake wrote: »

The Xbox 360 was released on November 22, Mass Effect November 20. That is extreamly low, it's just the type of move I'd expect from MS. I'll give you that I was off on my dates, somehow I inverted the 22 & 20. So now I'm going to have to back up and wait and see by a month at least on how Mass Effect does sale wise.

How is it extremely low? What is despicable about launching a game two days before a console's birthday?

More importantly, who honestly gives a fuck?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg