As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fallout: Four. Four never changes.

196979899100102»

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Just got the app on my droid phone, its ridiculously addicting for something you don't actively play...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    The google play version thing, you just install the new version and its done and you can play, right?

• DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Gah, my breeding program went horribly wrong. Turns out having a third of your vault pop be kids pretty much destroyed my production surplus resulting in mass starvation and rad poisioning. Which killed my ability to rush, and my vault almost burned down due to pregnant dwellers running from fire. And I discovered a pregnant dweller won't ever fight anything no matter how well geared they are. Think half the guys in my vault died at one time or another due to fire, raiders, or roaches.

Sad thing is that vault has all production at max pop with no spare dwellers and it's barely breaking even on power/food/water almost 15 hours after the baby boom. My vault with half the pop is however rocking along with max meters and lots of gear since they can afford wanderers.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Yeah, I abandoned my first vault

Got fucked by getting a six births objective early on for a lunchbox; once the kids were born, the vault was barely functional, I couldn't scavenge, and ended up not having the weapons to fight through a radroach event that swept through the entire vault. Now I've been keeping it at a manageable 20 pop for now and I'm way ahead on resources, gear, and caps.

Don't breed, people.

Well now I feel better I only had two vaulties preggers. I did spend some money because I'm terrible with deals. I have two mr handys, and got some good stat ladies out there kicking it. Like I've got a level 5 dweller walking the wastes putting shit to the thresher. Been out there less than an hour has combat armor, 10 mm pistol and hasn't hardly lost any health. Go bravely into that waste Suzanne!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Preacher wrote: »
    Just got the app on my droid phone, its ridiculously addicting for something you don't actively play...
    My Vault seems to run a lot smoother when I'm not around to fuck it up.

I tried to rush a few things and now they're all moping around at 11% happiness and pumped full of radiation.

They have pleading eyes that seem to say "please go play FFRK for awhile and let us fix this while we wait for the one guy in the vault with a weapon to come back. For the love of god."

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I've only had the one vault since launch... I guess I should start another.

I wish there was a microtransaction to get a dweller back to the vault quickly. It'll take Fran over a day to get back at this rate.

Slightly releated, if you set your phone to not sync its time, you can manually skip back/forward to do things, if you're into cheating.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    How long does it take for a dweller to pop out a baby? Because come on ladies its been like twenty minutes!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    How long does it take for a dweller to pop out a baby? Because come on ladies its been like twenty minutes!

It's either 3 or 4 hours before the baby is born, and a few hours before the child becomes a full dweller I forgot the actual times.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    A couple hours. 5 I think?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    Well shit, these kids better be ubermench's or their spawning was wasted!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    It takes 3 hours for a baby to be born and 3 hours for that kid to become an adult. If you don't assign the pregnant lady a job and let her have a "coffee break" there is a timer when it hit the vault door thing with the number of people that shows how long before they pop out a child.

Can they work while pregnant? Or is this game some kind of liberaltopia and they will only pop out a baby when they aren't working...

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2015
    Can they work while pregnant? Or is this game some kind of liberaltopia and they will only pop out a baby when they aren't working...

Yes. They work. Taking pregnant dwellers to strength training is... interesting as well. I think I took a cap of that.

edit: they cannot fight though (or be killed afaik). They'll run away from incidents like the children do.

tastydonuts on
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    "have 15 couples dancing in the living quarters"

Fuck you game. My vault only has 17 people.

The edit:
    Oh. I thought they meant simultaneously.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    Remade it:

fl9WwsT.jpg

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

Yes. They work. Taking pregnant dwellers to strength training is... interesting as well. I think I took a cap of that.

edit: they cannot fight though (or be killed afaik). They'll run away from incidents like the children do.

This mental image makes my day.

Yeah, my quest are "Equip an assault rifle" that I don't have, "Assign 4 people to their right rooms" which is confusing, and "Sell 6 weapons or gear" which I'll need two more to complete. I wish there was stuff I could do, like research tech, minigames of traveling in the wasteland, ect. It's a nice game but I see the shallowness pretty quickly. At least I don't have to buy premium currency to complete rooms and shit.

edited August 2015
    The "Assign <n> people to their right rooms" is the worst daily challenge. It also goes up to 45 dwellers (possibly higher). You would think that it's just their highest stat, but it isn't always. If you train a dweller to be a certain task against their starter stats that makes it worse trying to figure it out. If you have dwellers in the "right spot" already, it won't count either.

Just... unless you really want the lunchbox offer versions, it's just not worth doing.

tastydonuts on
    edited August 2015
    I got one to work during a raid. He was my guard guy and when the raider moved on to another room, I moved him as he has a shotgun. Suddenly, I got 1 person in the right room (Water Treatment, which was odd since he's Agility is 1.) So... yeah, that's a dumb quest.

Also, what's the point of upgrading my Vault door if the Raiders are still going to get in? Hopefully and update will allow us to install turrets to shot raiders with.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Is there a way to get dwellers to keep attacking raiders even if they switch rooms?

Mine seem content to sit down and have a cup of coffee as soon as they leave.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    I got one to work during a raid. He was my guard guy and when the raider moved on to another room, I moved him as he has a shotgun. Suddenly, I got 1 person in the right room (Water Treatment, which was odd since he's Agility is 1.) So... yeah, that's a dumb quest.

Also, what's the point of upgrading my Vault door if the Raiders are still going to get in? Hopefully and update will allow us to install turrets to shot raiders with.

I think it gives you more time to position defenders before they break in.

5gsowHm.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Upgrading the vault door is worth the investment early game as you generally won't have spare dwellers to place on guard duty. Late game, deathclaws slash through upgraded doors with ease.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Yeah, I abandoned my first vault

Got fucked by getting a six births objective early on for a lunchbox; once the kids were born, the vault was barely functional, I couldn't scavenge, and ended up not having the weapons to fight through a radroach event that swept through the entire vault. Now I've been keeping it at a manageable 20 pop for now and I'm way ahead on resources, gear, and caps.

Don't breed, people.

I am on my third vault on the first day, people were starving and dehydrated because there wasn't enough power and I needed to figure out the system first.

D083uBC.jpg
    And there is no way to repair a mr handy? Because a couple raider hitting my vault has taken the life of one of mine down...

pleasepaypreacher.net
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Upgrading the vault door is worth the investment early game as you generally won't have spare dwellers to place on guard duty. Late game, deathclaws slash through upgraded doors with ease.

Yeah, you will reach a point where it will take longer for raiders to break down your door than for you to kill them once they do so.

What would have been cool for this game is when raiders or whatever attack, you get the option to do a Chrono Trigger style fight where the gear, weapons, and dwellers have powers you can pick from or you can let the fight run on automatic and see if you can win. A lost means that you have injured/dead dwellers, damaged rooms, and/or lost of resources while wins allow you to get gear, weapons, and caps from the fallen raiders. Do the same for those who are in the wasteland. Create a gathering party and they play a slot machine game that has odds change depending on stats and the Chrono Trigger fights when they run into trouble. It would be more fun to do something active in this game. And my previous idea for turrets.

My current vault is on a slow decline to not having enough power, I need caps to up my production!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    For strict control of pregnancies in your vaults, this Overseer suggests gender segregated living quarters.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    So does red in a health bar mean radiation?

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Yep, red is radiation. It effectively lowers your max HP as it accrues.

Make/use Rad-Aways or keep your water levels in the green and it will decay on its own.

Well it was someone on the hunt who had got it

pleasepaypreacher.net
    16 couples dancing? GAME!!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Well it was someone on the hunt who had got it

if they have radaway with them they will use it eventually

This discussion has been closed.